PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cassel's father passes away

griff141
12-10-2008, 09:09 AM
The already memorable 2008 football season will now be even more memorable for Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel, whose father has died, according to the Boston Herald.

The Patriots are spending the week on the West Coast between games at Seattle and Oakland; Cassel, a native of Northridge, California, played college football at USC and his father was a Hollywood script writer.

Itís unknown whether Greg Cassel had been ill, or whether his passing occurred suddenly.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Matt and his family.

Profootballtalk

bosox1899
12-10-2008, 10:01 AM
well hopefully he has a game similar to that of brett favre when his father passed away.

griff141
12-10-2008, 10:14 AM
well hopefully he has a game similar to that of brett favre when his father passed away.

He'll definitely be playing with a heavy heart

Crickr
12-10-2008, 04:18 PM
My thougghts are with him and his faimly in a time of sorrow that only one who has lost a loved one can imagine.......god bless

Morgan
12-10-2008, 05:42 PM
That sucks. This goes from being the best year of his life to automatically the worst. I feel so bad for Matt. I don't know what I'd do. I'm 27 so my Dad is probably around the same age as Matt's and, I find myself thinking about how hard it would be if I ever lost him. Some nights I can't sleep because I think about losing one of my parents. When I was young I never thought about that stuff but, the past few years I think about it more and more. I know I wouldn't be playing football a few days later. I don't know how these guys do it.

Patsfan56
12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Matt and his family. From everything I have seen, his Dad did a great job raising a son.

ben_watson_84
12-10-2008, 07:26 PM
god bless

The Intimidator
12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
ESPN is saying that it is unknown if Cassel will play Sunday at Oakland. I would definitely understand if he felt unable to play, because those are just some unbelievable circumstances. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Matt and his family.

Morgan
12-10-2008, 08:07 PM
ESPN is saying that it is unknown if Cassel will play Sunday at Oakland. I would definitely understand if he felt unable to play, because those are just some unbelievable circumstances. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Matt and his family.

I probably wouldn't be able to get out of be for 6 months. I could understand. There's more important things then football. Now his Dad wont be around next year to see him sign a nice contract and start at QB for a team permanently. That must be an awful thing to go through.

ERLynx
12-10-2008, 08:32 PM
thoughts and prayers.

futureheisman
12-10-2008, 08:49 PM
thoughts and prayers and wish him well

griff141
12-11-2008, 02:26 AM

If he doesn't play, it's completely understandable. Matt's loss means so much more than playoff hopes. R.I.P. Greg Cassel, you raised one hell of a man!

quade36
12-11-2008, 09:35 AM
These things take time. My father passed away last Thursday and I still haven't been able to get on with life. What makes matters worse for me is that my wedding is in a week. So I feel for him. I didn't realize how hard something like this would be. Even if he plays on Sunday it will be tough. However, I don't think he would be in the right state of mind so soon after. I know I am not a week later.

Patsfan56
12-11-2008, 09:39 AM
These things take time. My father passed away last Thursday and I still haven't been able to get on with life. What makes matters worse for me is that my wedding is in a week. So I feel for him. I didn't realize how hard something like this would be. Even if he plays on Sunday it will be tough. However, I don't think he would be in the right state of mind so soon after. I know I am not a week later.

First, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family the best. Second, good luck and enjoy your wedding, as I am sure your dad will want you to have that day as a day of happiness and celebration.

ERLynx
12-11-2008, 12:40 PM

Sorry for your loss, and best wishes.

The Intimidator
12-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Sorry to hear it, man. My best goes out to your family.

Crickr
12-11-2008, 04:11 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is as I to lost my dad in 2005. I still think of him especially this time of year with his birthday and the holidays. god bless