PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Wants To Make All-Defensive Team

Sox Appeal
12-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Source: Real GM

Cavaliers' forward LeBron James doesn't often publicly covet individual honors but admitted recently that he would love to be named to the NBA's All-Defensive Team.

"I hope [to make the All-Defense team]. It's something our team is geared to," James said. "I take pride it in. I need to work on the perimeter so I can help the rest of our guys out. Hopefully Z [Ilgauskas], Ben [Wallace] and Delonte [West] can get some votes, too."

Cleveland coach Mike Brown agrees and hopes that his fellow coaches, who vote on the honor, take a look at LeBron.

"People need to consider looking at 'Bron for that all-defensive team," Brown said. "The things that he does are a carryover from the Olympic team. I thought he did a nice job there defensively, and he's done a nice job for us so far. He takes pride in that.

"Not only has he done a nice job guarding the guys, but there are a lot of things that the fans can't see. His communication is just off the charts for us. He's like the quarterback of our defense. He sits back there and tells guys what to do and what's going on."

Cavs_Fan24
12-10-2008, 07:52 PM
He's been playing great defense so far this season, I don't see why he couldn't make it.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I always thought he had it in him, so I don't see why you can't.

THE MTL
12-12-2008, 03:59 PM
I dont see why he cant make it. Averaging 2 steals and 1 block. And I dont see why Dwade cant win defensive player of the year. Averaging over two steals and almost 2 block.

Vidball
12-12-2008, 04:34 PM
He has a shot, but I don't think he'll make it this year. KG, Prince, Artest, Battier...there are a few forwards ahead of him defensively IMO. His D looks very improved though.