PDA

View Full Version : Sheets appears healthy by report; Are the Astros interested?

native_astro
12-09-2008, 11:59 PM
As for Sheets, Ryan said Monday's meeting with the 30-year-old hurler and his agent, Casey Close, went well. Ryan thinks to the two sides could have further conversations, though none were planned as of Tuesday evening.

Ryan believes Sheets, who lives in Dallas and has family in Louisiana, has legitimate interest in the Rangers. Ryan said the club has examined Sheets' medical records and is satisfied he is healthy. The right-hander has missed considerable time during his eight seasons with shoulder, elbow and back issues. He missed the end of the 2008 regular season and playoffs for the Brewers because of a torn muscle near his right elbow.

"When you look at Sheets, you think if he's healthy, he's the type of guy you can put in the front of your rotation," said Ryan, who indicated that Sheets asked questions about the Rangers rotation, bullpen, ballpark and pitching in the heat. "There's a lot of things we like about him. We like his competitiveness, we like his relationship with [pitching coach] Mike Maddux. Is anything going to come of that? It's too early to make any type of prediction."

source: Dallas Morning News
link: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/120908dnsporangerslede.3737148.html

Do you think the Astros will be interested now? Hopefully they can shave some money off the payroll and look into a incentive type deal. Maybe a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd year. I think he'll probably get 3yrs in the range of 33 to 36, but that's just a guess. Dempster got 4/52 so I can see Sheets getting 2 years with an option for a 3rd.

Blackcar09
12-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Sheets would be a nice add on with Hampton...

No but really I'd love to see Sheets with the Astros

UnWantedTheory
12-10-2008, 05:18 AM
I know we need something. We have doubts with Hampton and we will have them with Sheets. But getting Sheets is worth it.

tripleplay2007
12-10-2008, 12:07 PM
If he is healthy I would love for him to come to Houston. I really doubt he will though. The Stros played the Brew Crew last season and he threw a good game and the Brewers won so alot of fans were angry and started to throw stuff at him after the game while he was having a interviews. Alot of "You suck" were screamed from the crowd. Lol.

Jermster
12-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I know we need something. We have doubts with Hampton and we will have them with Sheets. But getting Sheets is worth it.

It would be interesting if Drayton Mclane told Ed to sign Sheets so he doesn't have to pay a lot of money to a first round pick.