PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best team in the NBA so far and why?

DreamShaker
12-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Explain...

superkegger
12-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I'd probably have to go with the Celtics. Their D is still so superb and even when the "big 3" aren't playing like 3 all stars, they still manage to win games. Sometimes their D is simply keeping them in games until they decide to play in the 4th. Other times, they're just dominant. I've regretably got to say Boston.

lakers4sho
12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I'd probably have to go with the Celtics. Their D is still so superb and even when the "big 3" aren't playing like 3 all stars, they still manage to win games. Sometimes their D is simply keeping them in games until they decide to play in the 4th. Other times, they're just dominant. I've regretably got to say Boston.

:nod:

Earlier this season I would've said Lakers (not being a homer, their play showed it all), but their game has been declining since.

Celtics on the other hand, has this win streak going and has been performing great as a team.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 10:25 PM
:speechless: The apocalypse must be upon us. Two Laker fans just agreed the Celtics are better.

But really, they are as of right now. Our D is not as good as it was to start the season. That game at indy didn't really "wake us up" I think the suns game tomorrow will be a turning point in the season for us though, don't know why, just a feeling.

stawka
12-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Depending on what matchup we go by.

I think Celtics>Lakers>Cavs>Celtics if you get what I mean, so it ends up being a cycle. If there's one team i'd rather not face, it would be the Celtics, then against - the Lakers and Cavs are really hot and are clicking extremely well

lakers4sho
12-09-2008, 10:42 PM
:speechless: The apocalypse must be upon us. Two Laker fans just agreed the Celtics are better.

But really, they are as of right now. Our D is not as good as it was to start the season. That game at indy didn't really "wake us up" I think the suns game tomorrow will be a turning point in the season for us though, don't know why, just a feeling.

IMO it's still a bit too early for it to be considered the turning point in our season. Especially that the Suns aren't as much of a threat as they used to be, they're just not getting it done.

And I agree, our D wasn't as good as it has been during the first 5 or 6 games of the season. I think we have gone back to 07-08 Lakers where we just try to outscore the opposition. I don't like that kind of basketball because if our offense isn't working, then it's going to be hard to win the game. And I'm sure the Lakers would have those nights where nothing is going there way (ie. vs. Detroit)

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
12-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Everything seems so easy for the Cavaliers right now. I got to go with them.

lakers4sho
12-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Everything seems so easy for the Cavaliers right now. I got to go with them.

I have yet to see them beat an elite team. They've lost to Detroit, New Orleans, and Boston.

They pretty much beat sub .500 teams.

SouljahPhil...
12-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Start of season maybe my lakers but as of now Celtics..We stunk the last few games...

Lebron23
12-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I have yet to see them beat an elite team. They've lost to Detroit, New Orleans, and Boston.

They pretty much beat sub .500 teams.

But unlike the Lakers they destroyed the Indiana Pacers last week, and the Cavaliers won the nine games in their streak by an average of 21.5 points.

I don't think the Celtics, Pistons and Hornets can beat the Cavaliers in their Home Court.

td0tsfinest
12-09-2008, 11:07 PM
so far all 3 of those teams kicked our ***. tough choice :p

lakers4sho
12-09-2008, 11:13 PM
But unlike the Lakers they destroyed the Indiana Pacers last week,

That's one game. And the Pacers beat the Celtics too in their first meeting and in their previous meeting they almost won again but the remained close even during the OT.

and the Cavaliers won the nine games in their streak by an average of 21.5 points.

And the Lakers beat the opposition by an average of 19 ppg until the last 3 games.

Mythman13
12-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Celtics obviously
The big three arent any worse
Rondo is blossoming
The bench is playing above and beyond what they are even asked to do

NYMetros
12-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Celtics because:
A.) They're the Champs.
B.) They have the best record
C.) They have a 13 game win streak

NYMetros
12-09-2008, 11:37 PM
But unlike the Lakers they destroyed the Indiana Pacers last week, and the Cavaliers won the nine games in their streak by an average of 21.5 points.

I don't think the Celtics, Pistons and Hornets can beat the Cavaliers in their Home Court.

The Cavs lost to the Hornets while the Lakers beat the Hornets. :shrug:

Lakers4ItAll
12-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Agreed

Celtics because:
A.) They're the Champs.
B.) They have the best record
C.) They have a 13 game win streak

Hawkeye15
12-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Celtics. Tougher schedule, better defense. But the Lakers have been about as good. Just making a judgement call.

da wood
12-10-2008, 12:12 AM
its too close to call so i went with the home team.

sfgs558
12-10-2008, 12:16 AM
i love the way the cavs are blowin people out but the celtics beat them so i gotta go celtics over them i pick celtics>lakers=cavs.. and deffinitly lebron unanimously for mvp

barreleffact
12-10-2008, 12:18 AM
First let me say Im a Laker man. Secondly, let me say the laker's level of play has pissed me off. They are an elite team, but IMO they are playing like teh worst team of teh 3 right now. The only thing thats above Boston or Cleveland is their bench. Cleveland is absolutely destroying opponents and it doesnt matter their records the closest margin in 9 games has been 12 points. Lebron is getting entire 4th quarters off. Its just surreal for Cleveland right now. That being said, Boston as much as I hate to admit it is the best team right now. They have the best starting 5, the best defense, and the championship swaggar. Right now there just is no way you dont choose Boston right now unless you are fully buying this Cleveland run, but even then boston is on a longer win streak

steamydumplings
12-10-2008, 12:21 AM
gotta be the celtics...they have the best record even when the Big 3 isnt playing like they usually do...their bench players are really stepping it up this year

Frrrrank!!!
12-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Celtics...they have the better record. The best D, and they are the champs.

superkegger
12-10-2008, 01:45 AM
The way the Lakers played tonight, you'd have thought the Kings were 17-3 not the Lakers. The Lakers D is atrocious. Maybe this embarassing loss will actually alert them to the fact that they kinda blow *** on defense.

Vinny642
12-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Celts or Cavs

koreancabbage
12-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Lakers LOL

this is my theory why they have had a couple of close games.

Phil Jackson is purposely letting teams creep up in the score and see if his team can win close games. He's a great mind-game player and i wouldn't be surprised if he wanted his team to pull through in clutch situations.

lol

NotVeryOriginal
12-10-2008, 03:56 AM
Cavs. IMO

ragee
12-10-2008, 05:08 AM
Cavs may be doing good right now but come playoff time, you'll see that they don't deserve to be on the top three. If I am going to be a homer I would say the Mavs and the Blazers! LOL! I think the Blazers has a chance to be in the top three if not the best in the next couple of years.

However, as of now, It's the Celtics. Yes, the Lakers had their run... Just like last year, when they are doing great, every Laker fan keeps predicting the best scenarios for them. "We'll beat the Bulls record!" "NBA championship!" "We have the deepest bench!"

Uh... Sorry... All wrong... The Bulls record is very hard to beat especially these days when you have a lot of great teams. I think the NBA championship will go to the Celtics again. Lastly, the deepest bench in my opinion goes to the Blazers... Sergio, Rudy, Outlaw, Webster, Pryzbilla and Frye. I don't think I am being a homer but I am open for an argument. Correct me if I am wrong. Besides, the bench of the Lakers proved that they still has a lot of work to do on those losses.

ragee
12-10-2008, 05:13 AM
Lakers LOL

Phil Jackson is purposely letting teams creep up in the score and see if his team can win close games. He's a great mind-game player and i wouldn't be surprised if he wanted his team to pull through in clutch situations.

lol

Well, a great minded coach wouldn't do that. You would not purposely let a team catch up just to see if you can win close games. When your players get used to it, they will get manhandled in the playoffs. What a great minded coach would do with a very big lead is get his bench players some good quality minutes so they can be better and be ready when the team really needs them.

rocky4104
12-10-2008, 05:46 AM
bragging rights have always been and should always be the defending champs - until they are dethroned of course - regular season does not mean anything in the playoffs - just seeding - and if you're going to be champs, you have to beat the best anyway - so screw tha seedings

UnWantedTheory
12-10-2008, 05:49 AM
Lakers LOL

lol

Terrible theory.

amwpr86
12-10-2008, 06:09 AM
The Cav's are playing vicious defense right now. And for people to say they are only beating up on sub .500 teams doesn't take away from their success in my opinion. Those are still professional teams. Just to add to that, they now hold the NBA record for most games won in a row by 12+ points, and their starters rarely play in the 4th which is only going to help them come playoff time. The past teams to hold that record won the NBA Finals. But, before I get ahead of myself, January is when all three of these teams meet so we'll know by then.

JayW_1023
12-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Boston.

phillyeaglesman
12-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Celtics haven't lost to anyone that wasn't atleast pretty good. lakers lost to the pacers and just lost to the kings pretty badly. celtics just have the experience factor goin for them. wouldn't be surprised if they atleast got back to the finals, maybe even repeat.

NotVeryOriginal
12-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Celtics haven't lost to anyone that wasn't atleast pretty good. lakers lost to the pacers and just lost to the kings pretty badly. celtics just have the experience factor goin for them. wouldn't be surprised if they atleast got back to the finals, maybe even repeat.

....Oxymoron much? The celtics lost the the Pacers too.

MooseWithFleas
12-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Celtics right now, they are playing like a well oiled machine. Lakers throw some odd let down games in there every once in a while and the Cavs are not nearly as balanced.