PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Stackhouse To Knicks?

phlp_bj
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
If New York's Donnie Walsh wants to swing a deal, while keeping his focus on cap space in 2010, Jerry Stackhouse might be the only real possibility.

The Mavericks have reportedly given Stackhouse permission to seek a trade, and the Knicks could offer the expiring contract of Malik Rose in return.

Stackhouse, who will make $7 million this season, will come off the books in the summer of 2010. The only potential snag would be his lingering heel injury.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix095958011dec09,0,6235239.story

superkegger
12-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Huh. Doesn't really help the mavs, but if Jerry doesn't want to play and is going to be a pouty little girl about it, then might as well get a 7 mil expiring, because its going to be hard to get talent in return for him.

BlondeBomber41
12-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Its not gonna happen. The Mavs arent gonna deal Stackhouse unless they get somethin in return that helps them on the court this season, or like draft picks. Stacks contract is basically an expiring, so trading him for another expiring to sit on the bench doesnt make sense.

Give us Quentin Richardson, and its a deal. We could use the shooting.

b_rad23
12-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Look at his %s. Nobody could use that shooting.

Giaps
12-10-2008, 03:10 AM
Its not gonna happen. The Mavs arent gonna deal Stackhouse unless they get somethin in return that helps them on the court this season, or like draft picks. Stacks contract is basically an expiring, so trading him for another expiring to sit on the bench doesnt make sense.

Give us Quentin Richardson, and its a deal. We could use the shooting.
Normally I wouldn't mind giving up Richardson, but we're trying to boost our guard rotation; not swap it.

And Stackhouse has 2 years left to Rose's 1. I'd throw in Roberson who can shoot the 3 but that's it. If that didn't get it done then I move on.

BlondeBomber41
12-10-2008, 04:18 AM
Normally I wouldn't mind giving up Richardson, but we're trying to boost our guard rotation; not swap it.

And Stackhouse has 2 years left to Rose's 1. I'd throw in Roberson who can shoot the 3 but that's it. If that didn't get it done then I move on.

Only $2 million is guaranteed in Stack's contract next year. Not something Mark Cuban is worried about, so he isnt gonna just swap Stack for an expiring.

donald6998
12-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Dallas could use a backup forward, so why not Jeffries, a second round pick, and cash for Stackhouse. It works financially, and seems to make sense on many levels.

ragee
12-10-2008, 05:17 AM
What I want from the Knicks is Eddy Curry... Maybe for Erika... Is that possible? And do you guys think its a good fit? He's a post up player... That'll help the rest of the team... His weakness are on defense and rebounding... We have Diop to compensate for the defense... We have Dirk, Kidd, and Howard to compensate for the rebounding... What do you guys think?

NYstateofMinD
12-10-2008, 07:59 AM
I think take Curry...but we don't want Dampier thanks.

#1Mavericksfan
12-10-2008, 08:21 AM
I think take Curry...but we don't want Dampier thanks.

I would be more than happy to take Curry for Stackhouse + another player to make the salaries match, Curry can score in the post something the Mavs really need, Damp is a more defensive minded center so I want to keep him on the team.

Wilson
12-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Huh. Doesn't really help the mavs, but if Jerry doesn't want to play and is going to be a pouty little girl about it, then might as well get a 7 mil expiring, because its going to be hard to get talent in return for him.

He's not pouting. He wasn't getting on the court all that much, so the Mavs allowed him to look for a trade to a place where he'll be able to play. He handled it like a complete professional, from what I've seen.

About the trade, it seems like kind of a lateral move, considering it'd be an expiring for an expiring. I don't know how well Malik Rose can really play anymore though, if he could provide some good depth in the front court, then the Mavs might consider it.