PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the Grizzlies this year?

Deezy Dee 24
12-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I know the grizzlies have gotten off to a really bad start,
but theplayers the grizz have are not bad at all.
if you think about Rudy and O.J. combined.
Marc Gasol, Kyle Lowry, Hak, even darkos steppin up!!
i just wanted to see what other nba fans outside of Memphis
think about the possibilities and future of the young and hungry Grizzlies.
?????????

kswissdaf
12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
They have good potential

Mr.Grizzly
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM
I know the grizzlies have gotten off to a really bad start,
but theplayers the grizz have are not bad at all.
if you think about Rudy and O.J. combined.
Marc Gasol, Kyle Lowry, Hak, even darkos steppin up!!
i just wanted to see what other nba fans outside of Memphis
think about the possibilities and future of the young and hungry Grizzlies.
?????????

Future = NBA Champs

superkegger
12-09-2008, 10:07 PM
they have talent and potential for sure. But a lot of teams have had talent and potential in the past.

But heres the thing, the ownership is in limbo, and its hard to committ to winning when the owner is trying to sell the team. If they're committed to keeping they're talent, they might be good, but it might be hard to keep that talent if they continue to be a bad team.

LeBrowns
12-09-2008, 10:53 PM
The Mayo trade was an absolute steal, but he's really the only guy I'd be really excited about on that roster.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2008, 12:01 AM
well, I think they need to trade some points away, for some size. I also think they need to convince Mayo that Memphis is a great place to have a basketball career, something I think will be virtually impossible, he will leave for a bigger market. I like Conley, Gay is awesome, and they have some building blocks. They basically need to keep drafting smart, and make it attractive for under the radar players to come in and contribute. They have to hope Gasol is a long term good player, and I think Conley may be traded to make room for Mayo at the point, which I think is a huge mistake, I don't think Mayo sticks around after his initial deal.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2008, 12:02 AM
mark my words, Mayo will be gone in a couple of years. It sucks for them, but they should have drafted a guy who wasn't in ESPN magazine when he was 15. It's Memphis. Not New York

torontosports10
12-10-2008, 12:17 AM
ya, they should take a worst prospect cause in 5 years he MAY not want to be there.... great thinking there genius.. sure glad your not a real nba gm

Hawkeye15
12-10-2008, 12:21 AM
ya, they should take a worst prospect cause in 5 years he MAY not want to be there.... great thinking there genius.. sure glad your not a real nba gm

Sorry. If you are in a small market city with zip success, and you draft or trade for a kid who has been followed around since he was 12, and grew up in LA being told he is god, I would be a tad worried he may want a bigger market. I do think that has to figure into your decision to draft/trade for him.

Silent
12-10-2008, 12:22 AM
mark my words, Mayo will be gone in a couple of years. It sucks for them, but they should have drafted a guy who wasn't in ESPN magazine when he was 15. It's Memphis. Not New York

I couldn't agree more with u Hawkeye

when his contract is up he will sign with the knicks bulls boston lakers or another big market team but my money on theme 4

Hawkeye15
12-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I couldn't agree more with u Hawkeye

when his contract is up he will sign with the knicks bulls boston lakers or another big market team but my money on theme 4

who care about the money the team pays him??? If he goes to one of the top 4 markets, Swatch, Ipod, Gatorade, Hanes, etc, etc, will put him out there. That is the point. He isn't good enough to get that attention in Memphis. LeBron is the lone exception to superstardom in a small market.

I Am Awesome-O
12-10-2008, 12:32 AM

You are the only person that has made sense on this thread. In 3-5 years, the Grizzlies will be a championship contending team. Now would Mayo want to leave a championship contending team just because it's a small market to go to a ****** team that has a big market? If he does, fine, let his *** go if he is that greedy. That would just show his lack of desire to win. If LeBron leaves Cleveland for New York, same thing.

Sport
12-10-2008, 12:34 AM
The Mayo trade was not a "raping" like people suggest either.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2008, 12:39 AM
You are the only person that has made sense on this thread. In 3-5 years, the Grizzlies will be a championship contending team. Now would Mayo want to leave a championship contending team just because it's a small market to go to a ****** team that has a big market? If he does, fine, let his *** go if he is that greedy. That would just show his lack of desire to win. If LeBron leaves Cleveland for New York, same thing.

Memphis will be a championship contender in 3-5 years? Really? Explain how that will happen

rosesbulls
12-10-2008, 12:41 AM
They are probably 2nd best in 5 years team right now if every roster stays same which is unlikely.

Portland will be beastly in a couple years so there #1

IndiansFan337
12-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Rudy Gay is overrated. Mayo is a great all around player already, but he has no help. Gasol is a solid starting NBA C. Aside from that, no one has impressed. Conley has been a bust thus far. Lowry is solid, but best as a backup. Warrick is a solid backup. Arthur hasn't stood out. Darko looks as lost as ever.

This team needs a lot of help. They are already praying that they land the #1 pick & are able to land Blake Griffin next year. They need a dominant rebounder more than anything, and he would surely bring that mentality. They need a few other things too, but that is currently their biggest, most glaring need.

hockeypro68
12-10-2008, 12:52 AM
I made a thread a little while back comparing the Grizzlies to the Blazers, both being amoung the youngest most promising teams in the league. I think Memphis could place as high as 9th or even 8th seed if they start to put together some solid consistent wins. The Blazers are also doing much better this season than most would expect. I think they are a definite playoff contender, and should seed anywhere from 8th to even 6th or 5th.

IRUAM #21
12-10-2008, 12:58 AM
They got some good young talent but its gonna be a while b4 they r championship contenders

Sox Appeal
12-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Memphis will be a championship contender in 3-5 years? Really? Explain how that will happen

I know you weren't directing this statement at me, but I'll go ahead and answer it anyways. They (Grizzlies) already have a few of the pieces that it'll take, if they want to be contending for a championship. They have a PG in Mike Conley, who I'm VERY high on. He knows how to manage a game, he's a solid defender, and I believe he could be an All-Star at some point during his career. They also have OJ Mayo, who's proving to be one of the best young players in the NBA today. Assuming he stays on this path, there's no doubt that he's going to be one of the best players in the NBA. And they also have their 'star' player in Rudy Gay. So that right would give them one of the best young back-courts in the NBA. Add that to the front-court depth that they have (Mark Gasol, Hakim Warrick, even Darko is solid..) and your looking at a team that could be making a Finals run in a few short years. IMO.

Deezy Dee 24
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I know you weren't directing this statement at me, but I'll go ahead and answer it anyways. They (Grizzlies) already have a few of the pieces that it'll take, if they want to be contending for a championship. They have a PG in Mike Conley, who I'm VERY high on. He knows how to manage a game, he's a solid defender, and I believe he could be an All-Star at some point during his career. They also have OJ Mayo, who's proving to be one of the best young players in the NBA today. Assuming he stays on this path, there's no doubt that he's going to be one of the best players in the NBA. And they also have their 'star' player in Rudy Gay. So that right would give them one of the best young back-courts in the NBA. Add that to the front-court depth that they have (Mark Gasol, Hakim Warrick, even Darko is solid..) and your looking at a team that could be making a Finals run in a few short years. IMO.

i couldnt agree more.

and whoever said rudy gay is overated, obviously you dont know anything about basketball. rudy gay around the league is under rated.
and oj mayo is one of the most mature and wise young players in the nba.
he knows how the grizzlies future looks and it looks good.