PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Mavs will make the Playoffs?

luckynumber_752
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Now, it's early in the season, but I think it's safe to name the teams in the West that aren't going to make the playoffs:

Grizzlies
Warriors
Kings
Timberwolves
Clippers
Thunder

That leaves 9 teams. One of which, will not make the playoffs.

Lakers
Trail Blazers
Nuggets
Hornets
Rockets
Jazz
Maverick
Spurs
Suns

The only team out of that bunch that u can pretty much say will "without a doubt will make the playoffs", is the Lakers. Some teams got a better chance than others, but if I had to guess, the Mavericks r gonna b the odd team out. All of these teams are either really good, or pretty good. I think the Mavericks messed up their future with that Jason Kidd trade (that I thought was a mistake before they ever pulled the trigger) and r going to feel "complete" regret when the season is over.

If u don't agree, who would u bet is not going to make the Playoffs in the West?

JayW_1023
12-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Yes. They have too much experience and talent. Dirk is quitely having one of his best seasons and they have Kidd, Terry Howard and a nice set of role players.

They'll be a lower seed...but a team with this depth, veteran leadership and talent is a playoff team.

luckynumber_752
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Yes. They have too much experience and talent. Dirk is quitely having one of his best seasons and they have Kidd, Terry Howard and a nice set of role players.

They'll be a lower seed...but a team with this depth, veteran leadership and talent is a playoff team.

Who would u bet is the odd team out then? Out of those 9 good teams, one of them aren't gonna make it.

JayW_1023
12-09-2008, 09:43 PM
I think the Suns are more likely to implode than the Mavs.

Lakers4ItAll
12-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I say the Blazers or Mavs wont make it

Mr.Grizzly
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Mavs is not gonna make the playoffs

luckynumber_752
12-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I say the Blazers or Mavs wont make it

I'm a Blazer fan, but set that aside, why would the Blazers b the odd team out? They got one thing going against them, youth. Other than that, they currently have the 2nd seed in the west while playing arguably the toughest schedual in the league so far. I know it's early, but judging from what we've seen so far this season, I think Portland has a much better chance of making the playoffs than the Mavs. I guess anything is possible though. All of those teams are pretty good or really good.

Deezy Dee 24
12-09-2008, 09:56 PM
mavs got rid of young devin harris and others for old jason kidd.
not lookin good for the mavs.
i dnt think mavs will make make the playoffs

superkegger
12-09-2008, 09:59 PM
damn I don't know whos not going to make it, I really don't think it will be the mavs though. If i had to pick somebody I guess it would be the suns. Of all the teams, they've been relatively healthy, but they've failed to put the pieces together. Hard to imagine them not making it though.

JayW_1023
12-09-2008, 09:59 PM
I think the Suns are in more trouble than Dallas...their coach is more unproven than Carlisle...they are aging. Their role players are less effective and their superstar is complaining.

They don't have the personel to be a defensive team. they have been lit up by opposing PG's..and the West have the best PG's in the game. The Mavs are much deeper and better equipped.

luckynumber_752
12-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I would have to agree that if the Mavs did make it, the Suns would b the team that wouldn't. It's a close call I think.

Bad news for the Blazers... Martell Webster is out another 4-6 weeks with the same foot injury. They played him for 5 min in the game in Toronto, after recovering from a stress fracture in his foot. They brought him back too soon. He messed up one of his toes from the screw in his foot. Crap. Good thing we're so deep.

lakers4sho
12-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Suns not making it, I'm sorry Suns fans.

Dallas has shown promise in their last 8-10 games. Suns, meanwhile, have not.

Porter is trying to instill defense in a team that has no defensive players whatsoever (aside from Bell, if you still count him as one). That has a double negative effect on the team, as their offense is taking a toll...

BlondeBomber41
12-09-2008, 10:31 PM
The Mavs have won 9 of their last 10 without Josh Howard. Why everyone seems to think they are so bad is beyond me.

lakers4sho
12-09-2008, 10:43 PM
The Mavs have won 9 of their last 10 without Josh Howard. Why everyone seems to think they are so bad is beyond me.

Maybe they need to ship Howard to get a decent starting SG and another solid guy off the bench.

What do you think?

goku
12-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I would have to agree that if the Mavs did make it, the Suns would b the team that wouldn't. It's a close call I think.

Bad news for the Blazers... Martell Webster is out another 4-6 weeks with the same foot injury. They played him for 5 min in the game in Toronto, after recovering from a stress fracture in his foot. They brought him back too soon. He messed up one of his toes from the screw in his foot. Crap. Good thing we're so deep.

yall do have good team its just yall have so much youth would you be able to hold up goin down the stretch cause last year yall had a good run at the beginning but i still think yall will make it

BlondeBomber41
12-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Maybe they need to ship Howard to get a decent starting SG and another solid guy off the bench.

What do you think?

The problem with that is that it takes alot of minutes away from two guys that have been key to our success in Jason Terry and JJ Barea.

It would be better to just wait and see how the team plays with him. We are gonna be getting something of value by the trade deadline for Stackhouse, and we can go from there and see how it goes.

Crazy Crab
12-09-2008, 11:05 PM
I think their big mistake was trading Devin Harris. i really like(d) him and still do not see the logic behind the Jason Kidd trade. As much as I like Kidd as a player, I think they gave up too many points and too much energy when they traded Harris. However, other division teams have gotten worse than the Mavs, so there is a big maybe with them.

luckynumber_752
12-10-2008, 12:28 AM

I don't think they're bad at all. I don't hear anyone saying they're bad. I just think the Western Confrence is that good. All of those 9 teams r good. One of them won't make the playoffs. I just think they r the weakest out of those 9.

luckynumber_752
12-10-2008, 12:34 AM
yall do have good team its just yall have so much youth would you be able to hold up goin down the stretch cause last year yall had a good run at the beginning but i still think yall will make it

I agree mostly. We made a good run, but I think we r more mature than last season. Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge r both past their somphmore years, which helps alot, and we have Fernandez, one of the best bench players in the league. We r deeper and much better on D too.

JordansBulls
12-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Now, it's early in the season, but I think it's safe to name the teams in the West that aren't going to make the playoffs:

Grizzlies
Warriors
Kings
Timberwolves
Clippers
Thunder

That leaves 9 teams. One of which, will not make the playoffs.

Lakers
Trail Blazers
Nuggets
Hornets
Rockets
Jazz
Maverick
Spurs
Suns

The only team out of that bunch that u can pretty much say will "without a doubt will make the playoffs", is the Lakers. Some teams got a better chance than others, but if I had to guess, the Mavericks r gonna b the odd team out. All of these teams are either really good, or pretty good. I think the Mavericks messed up their future with that Jason Kidd trade (that I thought was a mistake before they ever pulled the trigger) and r going to feel "complete" regret when the season is over.

If u don't agree, who would u bet is not going to make the Playoffs in the West?

I would say the Suns or Jazz because they are going to trade Amare or Boozer to the Bulls.
:D

thapharcyd
12-10-2008, 02:34 PM
I think Jazz will definitely make it, as will the Rockets (if relatively healthy), the rest is a toss up. I am a Suns fan, but they are definitely struggling. Suns, Spurs, or Mavs will be odd team out, maybe even the Nuggets.

Spurred1
12-10-2008, 04:04 PM
I see the Nuggets making it for sure. They came out miles ahead in the A.I-Billups trade. Billups is putting his stamp on that team-it's his team now.Spurs will be in the playoffs for sure as well, barring any injuries. I think it will be the Suns that will not make it-seems like there are some issues with the players & Coach Porter but they'll miss the playoffs by only 1-2 games. Mavs could miss them, but I think they are more likely to squeeze in. Of course, if Howard is out for a long stretch of time, that will screw things up...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't think Portland will make it.

JJ81
12-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I think they will

Nexus
12-10-2008, 04:51 PM
I agree with the Suns and Mavs. One thing I've been saying even when they were 1-2: the Trailblazers are ALREADY for real. I see them finishing in the top 5.