PDA

View Full Version : Forget Summer '10 ..[Summer '09 Is Big Too] - [Part 1: Boston Celtics]

soupa.boogie
12-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Now A Days Athletes Say They Want To Win, But They Really Don't. Because If They Really Want To, They'll That Sacrifice, Not Saying That They Don't Every Night, They Just Don't Think About It Now. I Always Questioned Any Athlete's Desire To Win In Any Sport, But At The End of The Day It Comes Down To Numbers, Not Stats, Not The Things On The Back of The Jersey's, But The One's On The The Sheet of Paper. That All So Important Contract. You Hear Every Year, Oh He's Going To Be An Excellent Player Because He's In Contract Year And He Wants That Pay Day. I Say To All Athlete's: Every Team Is Not Going To Have New York Yankee or Boston Red Sox's Money. They Should Come To Their Sense's, That Being, Win A Championship Or Two, Then Get Your Money. That's How I Look At It. Now I Think That Trend Has Already Been Set In Motion By The Boston Celtics Winning It This Year.

Let's Say For Kicks And Giggles Winning Became More Important. Because Last Time I Check, There Are A Load of Players Who No Championship Rings, I.E. Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, And Allen Iverson. Who Are More Than Capable of Doing Some Real Damage Still In The League. So Let's Say, And It's All Hypothetically Ladies And Gents, That These Players Decided That They Wanted A Ring More Than They Wanted The Dollars. I'm Not Going To Do The 2010-2011 Season Because That's A Big Year, But Rather The 2009-2010 Season Where They're Are Going To Be More Than Capable Veterans, And Guys Playing For Big Contracts In The Following Summer. There Is No Particular Order or Preference, So Don't Shoot Me. I'll Do This For Six Teams To Be Fair To The Eastern And Western Conference. They Are: The Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, Cleveland Cavilers, New Orleans Hornets, Orlando Magic, & The Houston Rockets.

First Here Are The Players Having The Possibility of Hitting Free Agency:

Top Ten:
1) Kobe Bryant Los Angeles Lakers [ETO]
2) Carlos Boozer Utah Jazz [PO]
3) Shawn Marion Miami HEAT [Unrestricted]
4) Steve Nash Phoenix Suns [TO]
5) Mehmet Okur Utah Jazz [ETO]
6) Allen Iverson Denver Nuggets [Unrestricted]
7) Ron Artest Sacramento Kings [Unrestricted]
8) Lamar Odom Los Angeles Lakers [Unrestricted]
9) Hedo Turkoglu Orlando Magic [ETO]
10) Andrew Bynum Los Angeles Lakers [Restricted]

2nd Tier:
Rasheed Wallace [Unrestricted], Jason Kidd [Unrestricted], Andre Miller [Unrestricted], Mike Bibby [Unrestricted], Jamal Crawford [ETO], Eddy Curry [ETO], Drew Gooden [Unrestricted], Chris Wilcox [Unrestricted], Anderson Varejao [PO], Al Harrington [PO]

Best of The Rest:
[Unrestricted]: Wally Szczerbiak; Brandon Bass; Jeff Foster; Trevor Ariza; Stephon Marbury; Grant Hill; Desmond Mason; Chris Mihm; Zaza Pachulia; Kyle Korver [ETO]; Marquis Daniels [TO], David Lee, Marvin Williams, Danny Granger, Raymond Felton, Charlie Villanueva, Hakim Warrick, Jason Maxiell, Nate Robinson

The Boston Celtics

I Start With Them Because They Are The Current Defending Champs And They're Roster Is Pretty Much Stable Because of Who's On It, Give Or Take That One Guy Signing After He Has Been Released From His Team. But Looking At It As: Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, & Perkins. Who Could Possibly Come Via Free Agency And Make This Team Better? Well Assuming That The Guards They Have Now Stay, Except Sam Cassel [Retirement], There Are Three Post Players Out There That Really Stand Out As Possible Major Contributors, Lamar Odom, Carlos Boozer & Mehmet Okur. Yes I Said Okur. Think About It, What Are The Celtics All About? Defense And Team Play. This Why These Players Would Work:

[Lamar Odom] I Believe That Given Lamar Odom's 6th Man Status For This Year Really Put That In Perspective For Him, He Can Come To Boston, Depending On The Match Up, He Can Either Start Some Nights, Or He Can Come Off The Bench, Boston Is A Better Fit Right Now For Him. Because He Is A Versatile Forward, He's Currently Playing In That Triangle Defense, And Given What The Celtics Did To Him In The Finals With That Defense They Played, Then He Would Be Eager To Learn. I Would Pick Him Up Because He Is A Solid Player Who Can Play The Four or Three. There Would Be A Lot More Possibilities For Them If He Joined. At 6"11 He Could Really Do Some Damage Down On The Low Block In The Eastern Conference. And With The Sharp Shooters On That Team, Opponents Would Have To Respect It And Play Honestly. Leaving Him To Do As He Please With His Defender, Which Any Player Would Love To Have. And He Can Get Up And Get The Rebound On The Offensive And Defensive Ends of The Floor. Righ Now, This Would Be The Best Pick Up For The Celtics.

[Carlos Boozer] Now If They Can't Land Odom, Then Carlos Boozer Sure As Heck Would Be Just As Nice of An Addition As Odom. But The Thing Is His Size, We Know He Plays Like He's 6"11, But He's Only 6"8. That Could Pose Some Problems When They Face The Likes of Toronto With Oneal & Bosh, Or The Magic With Howard, Lewis & Depending If He Signs back, Turkoglu. But This Would Allow For Favorable Match Up's On The Defensive Side of The Ball. Being In Sloan's System, Boozer is Adequate Enough To Play Defense, I Think He Would Flourish More In The Boston's Style. He Can Put Up Really Solid Numbers. But My Main Concern Is Crunch Time, Kevin Can Only Guard One Guy One On One, Can Boozer Guard His?

[Mehmet Okur] Okur Is An Underrated Center, Very Underrated. I Have No Doubts About His Defensive Ability, Coming Also From Sloan's Camp. He Can Score, & He Can Defend, Not To Mention, He's 7 Foot. Pairing Him With KG Down On That Low Block Would Do Considerable Damage.

Other Good Players That Could Possibly Start: Shawn Marion, Rasheed Wallace,Charlie Villanueva, & Danny Granger.

Good Bench Players: Drew Gooden, Chris Wilcox, Anderson Varejao, Al Harrington, Chris Mihm, & Marvin Williams.

Legend - [ETO - Early Termination Option], [TO - Team Option], [PO - Player Option]

superkegger
12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
well that was hard to read first of all, and second it belongs in the celtics forum as it is about FA's they will retain. How they would have cap room for any of those guys is beyond me though since they have 74 mil on the books for next year.

Hint: next time don't capitalize every word.

AirJordanXVIII
12-09-2008, 08:19 PM
AI back to Philly

AI
Iggy
Thad
Brand
****ing Dalembert :pity:

soupa.boogie
12-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I Know It's A Lot, It's The Introductory Part, And Two I Was Saying If The Guys Didn't Sign Big Contracts Instead Took Less Money To Go Out And Win A Ring.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I Know It's A Lot, It's The Introductory Part, And Two I Was Saying If The Guys Didn't Sign Big Contracts Instead Took Less Money To Go Out And Win A Ring.

dont capitalize every word dude, thats annoying to read. and what you propose is every GM's wet dream. but its irrelevant as it is never going to happen.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh, and Andrew Bynum signed an extension and is not a FA until summer of 2013, which is oddly enough, the same summer dwight howard will be a FA.

soupa.boogie
12-09-2008, 08:34 PM
haha Right, Well, It's All In Good Fun, But Andrew Might Be A Laker For Life, That Might Attract Dwight To The Lakers If The Magic Don't Sign A Good Guard.

MilfHunter07
12-09-2008, 08:41 PM
How is boston planning to get Odom if their booked for next year already. Their trio is getting paid +55million alone.

unwantedplayer
12-09-2008, 08:45 PM
I didn't bother to read. It was so unclear and messy. Also, why did you start with the Celtics? We don't need anyone at the moment.

luckynumber_752
12-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I'd like to c Portland go after Hedo Turkoglu. He doesn't play any D, but he deserves more $, then Portland could package up some othe SF's and make a trade for a PG while Bayless developes. Even with no trade for a PG, they would still have an insane starting lineup with a deep bench.

PG - Steve Blake
SG - Brandon Roy
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - Greg Oden

The Answer3
12-09-2008, 08:47 PM
AI back to Philly

AI
Iggy
Thad
Brand
****ing Dalembert :pity:

Ain't happening.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 08:50 PM
How is boston planning to get Odom if their booked for next year already. Their trio is getting paid +55million alone.

I didn't bother to read. It was so unclear and messy. Also, why did you start with the Celtics? We don't need anyone at the moment.

Basically the premise of this post was that if players truly wanted to win they would sign for less. Which in the celtics case would mean LO or Boozer would sign for the vet min.

So basically he's present scenarios that will never happen.

madiaz3
12-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Turn off caps lock, it makes it so only your first letters of your words are capitalized which is arguably more difficult to read than full caps. Really, stop it.

Jacob K.
12-09-2008, 09:01 PM
jamal crawford isnt a second teir free agent

BTownTeamsRKing
12-09-2008, 09:07 PM
its all about dollaz. sorry to the starter of the thread, but the Celtics Big 3 still make big money, but what they scarificed is stats.

basically your saying that players should take less money to win. well we would all love that. why dont guys like VC, AI, Boozer go to the same team for less money? bc they want to win and they want the stats too.

money is everything. the Perfect example:

Corey Maggette. all he talked about was being sick of losing and wanting a championship and he had the Celtics and Spurs goin after him for OK money and what did he choose? medocre GS Warriors for more $$$ and a starting spot.

He would have made the Celtics completely unstoppable. They would break the 72-10 mark if they had Maggette spelling Pierce instead of brian scalauseless. but nope he chose the cash over glory. no way is a guy like boozer going to do it if maggette wont follow through with it.

jmoney23
12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
^ Yeah, and Danny Granger shouldn't be in the Best of the Rest...

td0tsfinest
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I didn't bother reading the start but from what people are saying, this thread doesn't belong here and doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter if its all for fun, its irrelvant and honestly preposterous to think the celtics will be capable of getting a guy like Odom.

rosesbulls
12-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Danny Granger signed a big exstention and is definatly not could start player...

That is a impossible scenario,

1.) Celtics would be very old next season and would probably be behind Lakers if not already.

Carlos Boozer is definatly not gonna sign for less then 80m if lucky. He is looking for max money.

Would you turn down a 50m for 2m for a chance to win 50k ring that is no guarantee that you will win?