PDA

View Full Version : Signing with the Team that Traded You?

td0tsfinest
12-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Antonio Mcydess recently resigned with the Detroit Pistons after being traded by them a month back.
This questioned was raised to many analysts around the NBA and most believe the NBA should ban such type of actions. This has happened before, last year Brent Barry was traded by the Spurs to eventually sign with them during the season.
So do you think the NBA should ban players from resigning with the team that just traded them for that season?

Iodine
12-09-2008, 06:48 PM
No
he was cut and really what other team was gonna give him the minutes/chance to win as detroit?

rosesbulls
12-09-2008, 06:49 PM
They should move it from 1 month to the end of season.

Frank Costanza
12-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Hell ya, that litle exception is one of the stupidist things in all of sports, im just glad someone in the nba is thinking the same thing

still1ballin
12-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Ban the player? No. But they should make like a rule that you have to wait til the season is over to sign to your old team.

MooseWithFleas
12-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Its pretty lame, but I guess nuggets could have kept him on the roster and not played him iif they wanted to be real dicks

superkegger
12-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Why should McDyess be penalized for the Nuggets cutting him?

LAKERS 24/7
12-09-2008, 10:14 PM
I honestly don't care. I just don't see it being a big deal.

Sport
12-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Ehhh its the Nuggets fault they cut him. Cant really fault Mcdyess or Detroit.

Although, as a player, why would resign with a team that traded you in the first place?

For me, thats the real question?

hotpotato1092
12-09-2008, 10:30 PM
the thing that annoys me is that popovich flipped out over the stackhouse situation last year then did exactly what he was mad about with Brent Barry, such a hypocrite.

BlondeBomber41
12-09-2008, 10:36 PM
No its fine.

If you are a player that gets cut, you are a free agent. You are FREE to sign to with anyone you want, why should it matter that its the team he use to play for?

The only people this really bothers are the fans of teams who play against that certain team.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 10:36 PM
the thing that annoys me is that popovich flipped out over the stackhouse situation last year then did exactly what he was mad about with Brent Barry, such a hypocrite.

yeah, but brent barry didn't talk about coming back to SA before he was traded, which stack did.

Blazin_101
12-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Nope. If the team he was traded to cuts him then he is free to go anywere he wants.

Frrrrank!!!
12-10-2008, 12:46 PM
No its fine.

If you are a player that gets cut, you are a free agent. You are FREE to sign to with anyone you want, why should it matter that its the team he use to play for?

The only people this really bothers are the fans of teams who play against that certain team.

lol, you nailed it. As a Celtic fan I think it is wrong he gets to back to Det.:D

Sport
12-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Its Antonio Mcdyess? is it really a big deal?

lionsroar172
12-10-2008, 12:52 PM
The rule says that he can sign with any other team in the league except for the team that traded him for 30 days. If in the end it doesn't work out with the team he was traded to, the player can go go to any other team in the league. I'm sure McDyess could have gone somewhere else and played sooner in fact. But he's towards the end of his career most likely, and if Detroit offered to take him back I'm sure he would have taken it. And they did, so he's back.

thesparky33
12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Why should McDyess be penalized for the Nuggets cutting him?

Because they cut him because he pretty much told the Nuggets that he wouldnt play for them. I think it's his fault lol.