PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Boozer Trade Idea

Lo Porto
12-09-2008, 06:15 PM
If the Utah Jazz trade Carlos Boozer anywhere for any value, it will be the Miami Heat. No other team is willing to give up anything considering that Boozer can just walk at the end of the year. So, I have come up with the following trade proposal that would help out numerous teams.

3 team trade:

Miami gets Stephon Marbury, Carlos Boozer and New York's 2009 2nd rounder

New York gets Shawn Marion and Dequan Cook

Utah gets Udonis Haslem, Malik Rose, Joel Anthony, Miami's 1st rounder in 2009 and 2010.

Why for Miami - they get Boozer and Marbury. They definitely give up the 1st rounders to get Boozer when he tells them he re-signs this offseason.

Why for New York - They get rid of the Marbury headache and also pick up a player who can help them win this year. Cook won't get in plans for 2010.

Why for Utah - They lose Boozer, but they pick up Haslem, a hustle and defensive post player we need. They waive either Anthony or Rose. The 2 1st rounders will allow the team to continue to add young talent around Deron.

jimbobjarree
12-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I cant believe Boozer just left me for nothing on 2k9 :(

THE_FLASH_21
12-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Horrible !!!!!!!!!

ThaBoomer
12-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Miami won't trade for Boozer now when they think they will sign him as a free agent, and those draft picks won't be worth anything if Miami has a core of Wade, Boozer, Beasley.

JAZZNC
12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
The draft picks can be packaged with our own or other players to either move up in the draft or to sweeten the deal to get the players we want.

Lo Porto
12-10-2008, 02:39 PM
1st round picks always have value just like JazzNC said. You can package and move up, or you can always ship it out for future #1's which might end up being higher picks. Miami might not give up 2 1st rounders, but they would definitely give up one. Miami would do this in a heartbeat because they know that Miami is where Boozer goes if Utah gives up on him.

Would the Jazz give up Boozer for a 1st rounder and Haslem? I'm not so sure...