PDA

View Full Version : If you were a GM and had a a lottery pick Would you?

La11
12-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Pick a white guy with your lottery pick? Since 2003 (Tskitishvili,Milicic,Araujo,Luke Jackson,Adam Morrison,Fran Vasquez,Kovalev and Jj Reddick) were bust.

bostncelts34
12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
race has nothing to do with wether a player becomes a bust or not. Kwame brown,olawakandi and so on. stupid thread.

NYKnickFanatic
12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
:pity: Wow.

Frrrrank!!!
12-09-2008, 03:49 PM
race has nothing to do with wether a player becomes a bust or not. Kwame brown,olawakandi and so on. stupid thread.

very true, could you imagine a gm looking at a guy and going...mmm, nope pass on him bc he is white, lol.

thesparky33
12-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I know I might look like a homer, but Kevin Love is not even close to being a bust, and will actually turn into a great player IMO.

Also, when Rubio comes into the draft, I hope every GM besides the Wolves' is racist in this manor :p.

Blazin_101
12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
If I were GM I would pick a green dude simply because he wasnt blue.

I feel I just lost a few points on my IQ by reading this thread.

Hellcrooner
12-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Dont include Vazquez on the list, he has played not a single game in the Nba so we dont know ( anyway , thats an spaniard im not really high on.....he simply does not have the level).

If rudy fernadnez and Marc Gasol had entered last year isntead of two years a go in teh draft they woudl have made lottery picks... waste of time?

Mike miller was a good pick, love is a good pick, bargnani is decent pick, pau was a great lottery pick etc etc...

barreleffact
12-09-2008, 04:42 PM
history has proven everybody hates white people....wow! really? wats up with all the racial threads? whos the best white player? would you choose a white lottery player? these are so pointless. talent surpasses all. im black and if another larry legend or any other talented player came id choose him over anybody he was better than. its that simple

Hellcrooner
12-09-2008, 04:45 PM
using that logic in 2001 Pau Gasol should have fallen out of the lottery....

so he would have been drafted by ...say Lakers .... KObe,Pau and Prime shaq..... or Spurs.... Duncan+Pau+Manu........or kings..... Bibby,Christie,Peja,webber divac and Pau.... wow!!!!

Ethix11
12-09-2008, 04:47 PM
I said no. Simply because i would play the odds. You have to factor in chemistry and culture and frankly i dont see any prospects right now that are good "white" players besides Spaniards. I love Rudy Fernandez. I know Ricky Rubio is going to be great but i would rather take Demar Derozan, Stephen Curry, or Blake Griffen because i know they'll mesh better with their teams. It might be because they're black, but i trust that along with their skills. Its just not the Era or the time before we can have this discussion. Were going to have a black president...things will change soon. But i havent seen a white player be as big of an impact yet.....

superkegger
12-09-2008, 05:02 PM
this thread is epic fail

DerekRE_3
12-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Well, it did apply to Adam Morrison...but besides that, no.

td0tsfinest
12-09-2008, 06:18 PM
sometimes race does have an effect. The world isn't sugar coated, not to mention the best players in the league happen to be black. Myself, I would look for talent and skills and never about where the person is from or how he looks. But there are people that might think that's one way to draft a player.

a_roid_3333
12-09-2008, 06:21 PM
if i needed a 3pt shooter id draft a white dude

18colts29
12-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Is this a serious question. You would rather pick Kwame Brown, and pass on Larry Bird because he is white. If you realize there are more busts that are black players than there are of white and foreign players.

barreleffact
12-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Is this a serious question. You would rather pick Kwame Brown, and pass on Larry Bird because he is white. If you realize there are more busts that are black players than there are of white and foreign players.

thats because there are more blacks drafted than there are foreign or white players. im pretty sure, if you look at percentages and not numbers, they will be about even

Hawkeye15
12-09-2008, 08:26 PM
well, Blake Griffin looks half white, and Rubio is white, kinda. Does that help? Who cares if the dude is green, if he can ball, booyah!

BADizzleBoY
12-09-2008, 08:39 PM
hes right in a way guys