PDA

View Full Version : Wade Posterizes Okafor

oldenpolynice
12-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Video (http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/12/09/wade-posterizes-okafor/)

All I can say is "Wow".

G-Funk
12-09-2008, 03:21 PM
the guy said best player in the NBA??? he sure is playing like it.

oldenpolynice
12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
the guy said best player in the NBA??? he sure is playing like it.

Wade is playing like a man possessed right now. I won't argue with the announcer on that one.

Rome
12-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Wow is right. Did him dirty.

LayZbone
12-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Heat are on a 4 game win streak (12-9). Last year we were 15-67.

Hopefully we can keep this up, because Wade IS putting up MVP numbers. Hard to imagine the Heat having a better record than Boston, Cleveland and Orlando, but so far the rest is fair game.

Best case scenario: The Heat end up well over .500 and with the 4th seed in the East. But even that might not be enough to surpass the best players on the best teams in the MVP race (Kobe and Lebron).

nastylikedwade
12-09-2008, 03:35 PM
The MVP race looks to be between Kobe and Lebron, but the NBA would probably give it to lebron. I won't be surprised if Wade ends up being the MVP. Lebron and Kobe have a great supporting cast. D wade has already been named the NBA player of the week twice within the past three weeks. If Miami can win between 45 - 50 games, then Wade will be the MVP. Nevertheless, Wade belongs to the All NBA first team, and NBA All defensive second team.

oldenpolynice
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Heat are on a 4 game win streak (12-9). Last year we were 15-67.

Hopefully we can keep this up, because Wade IS putting up MVP numbers. Hard to imagine the Heat having a better record than Boston, Cleveland and Orlando, but so far the rest is fair game.

Best case scenario: The Heat end up well over .500 and with the 4th seed in the East. But even that might not be enough to surpass the best players on the best teams in the MVP race (Kobe and Lebron).

Wade is the man. He's obviously not favored in the MVP race. But I hope he wins it anyway.

dre1990
12-09-2008, 04:06 PM
That was great. MVP is a toss up beetween LeBron, Kobe, DWayne, CP3 if his team starts doin better, And Chauncey Billups IMO

mariotubes
12-09-2008, 04:10 PM
that was a dirty dunk

superkegger
12-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Great play by wade, gave them a bucket when they needed it.

Now, I'm not trying to diss at all here, but that Heat bench looked rather unenthused. Usually on dunks like this, you see everyone jumping off the bench like immediately, especially when its on a guy like Okafor. Maybe its just me, but they just didn't look at that excited. Hell I was screaming when I saw the dunk...

oldenpolynice
12-09-2008, 04:12 PM
That was great. MVP is a toss up beetween LeBron, Kobe, DWayne, CP3 if his team starts doin better, And Chauncey Billups IMO

You have to throw Dwight Howard in that conversation, too. He's a monster.

MilfHunter07
12-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I went to the Game and you have no idea how crazy people went. Their was one dude that got so crazy he threw himself 5 row's down. :laugh2: Not even joking he really did that.

barreleffact
12-09-2008, 04:31 PM
really? maybe its just me but it didnt seem all THAT incredible. it was nice, but its more impressive to me because he got up higher for the rebound than he did to dunk on okafor

superkegger
12-09-2008, 04:38 PM
really? maybe its just me but it didnt seem all THAT incredible. it was nice, but its more impressive to me because he got up higher for the rebound than he did to dunk on okafor

I kinda agree. Okafor picked him up at like the free throw line, its hard for a guy like that to stick with wade from the free throw line to the basket. Its still a great play, but if Okafor was coming from the weakside help or something, and wade still jammed it home on him, that woulda been sick.

theuuord
12-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Boy was I wrong about Okafor. When he came into the draft I was totally sold on him. I thought he was going to be better than Howard.

He's a good player, but hey. It happens. You go against Dwyane Wade, and it happens, anyway.

DrunK'n MunKeY
12-09-2008, 04:55 PM
wow that dunk was filthy.

_Sn1P3r_
12-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Oooh, that was dirty.

td0tsfinest
12-09-2008, 06:07 PM
this guy is who kids should look up to rather than Lebron. Not taking anything from Lebron but Dwayne Wade is a guy who has never gave up when everyone questioned him. That one commercial wade did "Fall 7 times. Stand up 8", is who he is. People questioned him coming into the nba and people questioned him during the summer, he's basically giving the finger to every analyst that said he couldn't.

JJ81
12-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Damn, that was sick. He risked getting blocked by using his right hand, she should have used his left.

theuuord
12-09-2008, 06:24 PM
this guy is who kids should look up to rather than Lebron. Not taking anything from Lebron but Dwayne Wade is a guy who has never gave up when everyone questioned him. That one commercial wade did "Fall 7 times. Stand up 8", is who he is. People questioned him coming into the nba and people questioned him during the summer, he's basically giving the finger to every analyst that said he couldn't.

Kids look up to both of them. They're the face of basketball right now.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 06:48 PM

To be honest, Wade is a great player, but I'd rather have kids looking up to nash, tim duncan, chauncey or pau or dwight howard. Well maybe not dwight, since hes an athletic freak and few can hope to be so gifted from birth.

But few people have ever had the ability to hoist teams on their back and carry them. Jordan being the exception. And look at what Jordan gave us, a bunch of prima dona babies who tried to replicate his success and have come up errantly short. We need kids to be looking up to true team players and self sacrificing players who do what they do to benefit their teams and not their stat sheets.

Now, don't think I'm taking a shot at Wade here for being selfish. That is not what I'm doing. I enjoy watching Wade, and he is a special player. But he gives rise to this notion that one player can do it all, when that is not what basketball is, its a team game. Very few players ever have been able to "carry a team" and few players will in the future, but when guys like wade (among many others) play like he is now, (and they only have a 12-9 record, not that great) people think that carrying a team is possible and its then glorified when in reality, its an unattainable goal.

G-Funk
12-09-2008, 07:28 PM
^^^ doesnt sound that good when u got a picture of Kobe for an avatar.

Nets fan 93
12-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Video (http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/12/09/wade-posterizes-okafor/)

All I can say is "Wow".
well... It feels like almost every player in the NBA dunks on him... I think both Sean Williams and RJ dunked on him last season......

Nets fan 93
12-09-2008, 07:35 PM
In fact look at this link (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dunk+on+emeka+okafor&search_type=&aq=0&oq=dunk+on+emeka+o)... If it were someone that doesnt get dunked oftenly... I would think it is impressive... but...IDK...

superkegger
12-09-2008, 07:35 PM
^^^ doesnt sound that good when u got a picture of Kobe for an avatar.

I'm also not a 9 year old kid with NBA aspirations, I'm a 22 year old short white boy with no hops and no shot. And Kobe is right in that same group as Wade. He's starting to get it now though, as he is playing within the system and not trying to do everything on his own.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 07:39 PM
In fact look at this link (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dunk+on+emeka+okafor&search_type=&aq=0&oq=dunk+on+emeka+o)... If it were someone that doesnt get dunked oftenly... I would think it is impressive... but...IDK...

:laugh: thats pretty funny. But shot blockers are going to get dunked on. Its not a big deal for them. You can't get blocks if you don't go for it, and its inevitable that sometimes you're not going to get the block. No real shame in that.

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
hes playing great right now but he is in no way shape size or form the best in the nba

stawka
12-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Wow. Massive Dunk, didn't see it last night. LeBron and Wade are just tearing the league up. This is a joke! Ridiculous dunk

nygiants242
12-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Wow.. that was an AMAZING play

luckynumber_752
12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Wade is the man. Over Okafor isn't easy either.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Kobe is a great player. But it's not like he's starting to get it. The only reason y Kobe's stats r going down, is cause his minutes r going down cause he has better players around him now. He still leads the league in FGA per game and only has 4.4 APG. You give him his minutes back and you'll realize that he's the same Kobe that he ever was.

First of all, he doesn't lead the league in field goals attempted per game. Not sure where you get that from. Wade holds that distinction by a pretty comfortable margin. Yes, he only has 4.4 apg. I understand that. Ideally youd like the number to be higher. It still doesn't mean he's not getting his teammates involved and playing within the offense. He's trusting his teammates more now because he finally knows that he can. I've watched every laker game this season, it's evident Kobe has realized he can't do it alone and that his teammates are going to be a large part of his own success.

barreleffact
12-09-2008, 08:02 PM
To be honest, Wade is a great player, but I'd rather have kids looking up to nash, tim duncan, chauncey or pau or dwight howard. Well maybe not dwight, since hes an athletic freak and few can hope to be so gifted from birth.

But few people have ever had the ability to hoist teams on their back and carry them. Jordan being the exception. And look at what Jordan gave us, a bunch of prima dona babies who tried to replicate his success and have come up errantly short. We need kids to be looking up to true team players and self sacrificing players who do what they do to benefit their teams and not their stat sheets.

Now, don't think I'm taking a shot at Wade here for being selfish. That is not what I'm doing. I enjoy watching Wade, and he is a special player. But he gives rise to this notion that one player can do it all, when that is not what basketball is, its a team game. Very few players ever have been able to "carry a team" and few players will in the future, but when guys like wade (among many others) play like he is now, (and they only have a 12-9 record, not that great) people think that carrying a team is possible and its then glorified when in reality, its an unattainable goal.

i both agree and disagree with your stance. largely because no matter how gifted they are, all the stars worked hard and tirelessly for their bodies and skills. wade's story is special in his own right. kobe was born and raised from 2 pro athletes so i could understand how you feel this way for him, but i digress. the biggest thing i oppose is your stance on d12. you absolutely have to put him as a guy you want your kids to idolize. his commitment to defense, rebounding, and his willingness to not have to be the star, to not have to make it all about himself. plus, as strong as he is, he is also one of the nicest guys and biggest clowns in the league. he apitimizes what you should want your kids to be like...,if they could grow to 7 ft tall of course. lol

and back to kobe...i never thought him to be selfish. this is the same kobe he has always been. maybe a little more comfortable with his team, but thats because this is easily his best team post shaq. kobe has always done w/e it took to win and if that meant taking all the shots so kwame brown, smush parker, etc werent taking them...so be it

greg_ory_2005
12-09-2008, 08:02 PM
That was just dirty!

Wilson
12-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Boy was I wrong about Okafor. When he came into the draft I was totally sold on him. I thought he was going to be better than Howard.

He's a good player, but hey. It happens. You go against Dwyane Wade, and it happens, anyway.

I didn't really know any of them when they were getting drafted (I don't really know anything about college/high school hoops), but there was a number of people saying the Emeka was the man.

I agree, guys like Nash, Timmy, Chauncey etc tend to have more success through their unselfish team play. It'll be a while before the majority of young kids start really looking upto them though, because of how Nike (for example) markets to youngsters. All the really flashy dunks and stuff are glamorised in advertisements, and on highlight reels and whatever, that it's all the kids really want to do. There's not nearly as much aimed at kids which promotes serious team play, fundamentals, and studying.

It's a shame, but with the way sports are in the States, there's a good chance that talented young kids will get found by a good coach who can teach them, which is cool.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 08:06 PM
i both agree and disagree with your stance. largely because no matter how gifted they are, all the stars worked hard and tirelessly for their bodies and skills. wade's story is special in his own right. kobe was born and raised from 2 pro athletes so i could understand how you feel this way for him, but i digress. the biggest thing i oppose is your stance on d12. you absolutely have to put him as a guy you want your kids to idolize. his commitment to defense, rebounding, and his willingness to not have to be the star, to not have to make it all about himself. plus, as strong as he is, he is also one of the nicest guys and biggest clowns in the league. he apitimizes what you should want your kids to be like...,if they could grow to 7 ft tall of course. lol

Well thats the thing with Dwight. What he does and how he works is great, but the dude is simply a freak of nature physically and athletically. Few men his size can do the things he does. It's just not normal, and its not something you can work to get to, its something you're naturally born with. So while its cool to idolize dwight, to pattern your game after him is pretty damn near impossible for like 99% of people.

Wilson
12-09-2008, 08:07 PM

I don't think Kegger meant Dwight would be a bad role model. It's just that he's often noticed just because of his athletisism and power dunks, that younger children don't necessarily hear about how good natured he is, or his defense and all the rest.

Every player in the NBA had a hard road (it is not easy to make it into the best professional league in any sport). It's just that with guys like Kobe, Wade and LeBron, the younger audience only really see the really flashy stuff, not the work.

luckynumber_752
12-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm also not a 9 year old kid with NBA aspirations, I'm a 22 year old short white boy with no hops and no shot. And Kobe is right in that same group as Wade. He's starting to get it now though, as he is playing within the system and not trying to do everything on his own.
Kobe is a great player. But the only reason Kobe's stats have gone down, is cause he's playing less minutes cause his team is better than it used to b. Kobe still leads the league in FGA per game and only gets 4.4 APG. If he got his minutes back, you'd c that he's the same Kobe that he ever was.

barreleffact
12-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Well thats the thing with Dwight. What he does and how he works is great, but the dude is simply a freak of nature physically and athletically. Few men his size can do the things he does. It's just not normal, and its not something you can work to get to, its something you're naturally born with. So while its cool to idolize dwight, to pattern your game after him is pretty damn near impossible for like 99% of people.

lol..well not even 1% of players actually go pro. so maybe realism can save them some heartache. lol. but i understand where ur coming from. i have never liked chauncey until this year. i can finally appreciate that players like him are huge for their leadership, team play, and defense. timmy is so fundamental...nash lacks athleticism but has worked extremely on his shot and vision, so trust me i understand. at the same time if you have the chance to go to the league...the sky should be the limit. idc if im jj reddick or if im lebron. im in the league and my aim is to top jordan. if im 5 and got 2 broke legs i still wanna have hops like dj white. again, i understand what you mean but the nba is such an unrealistic goal you might as well aim as high as you can and want to be the man no matter where you are.

AirJordanXVIII
12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Alot of you guys are overlooking how he got there. How the hell did he split those two defenders???

Nasty though. I still got respect for Okafor. I always think he'll be a 25-12 guy one day... watch..

luckynumber_752
12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
First of all, he doesn't lead the league in field goals attempted per game. Not sure where you get that from. Wade holds that distinction by a pretty comfortable margin. Yes, he only has 4.4 apg. I understand that. Ideally youd like the number to be higher. It still doesn't mean he's not getting his teammates involved and playing within the offense. He's trusting his teammates more now because he finally knows that he can. I've watched every laker game this season, it's evident Kobe has realized he can't do it alone and that his teammates are going to be a large part of his own success.

I heard somewhere that he leaded the league in FGA. Maybe it wasn't per game, maybe per minutes played. I was probably wrong about that part, but the bottom line is that if u gave him his minutes back, he wouldn't look anymore unselfish than he already has. If Wade had as deep of a team as Kobe, he would look like he is the one that is starting to realize that he can't do it on his own. I agree with part of what u said, I just don't think Kobe plays any different than he used to. If his APG were up, that would lead me to believe that he trusts his teamates more.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Alot of you guys are overlooking how he got there. How the hell did he split those two defenders???

Nasty though. I still got respect for Okafor. I always think he'll be a 25-12 guy one day... watch..

only way okafor gets those numbers is if he goes back to UConn.

oldenpolynice
12-09-2008, 08:41 PM

25-12? Definitely not.

First of all, Okafor will never get enough shots to put 25. Second of all, he doesn't get to the line nearly enough to reach that kind of scoring margin. Look at all the great scorers in the league right now. They all have one thing in common. They can get to the line on a regular basis.

If I'm the Bobcats, I'm happy with 16 & 12 from Oke. They're not even getting that right now though.

infamous
12-09-2008, 08:47 PM
That dunk was sick! :speechless:

JayW_1023
12-09-2008, 09:24 PM

Great post, I agree.

4.4 assist doesn't mean much...Kobe is actually a more willig passer this year than in years past. He is not looking to get the assist, is just looks to make the extra pass.

Assists per game don't reflect how unselfish a player is.

DieselPowered32
12-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Love the stadiums annoucer with the : Dwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ynnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDE!

Wilson
12-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Love the stadiums annoucer with the : Dwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ynnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeee WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDE!

Ugh, I hate that.

When the Heat were on their championship run (and they were on TV over here a bit more often), the announcer seemed to really drag that out whenever Wade made a basket, even if it was a 20 pt game already. Irritated the crap outta me...:mad:

HiphopRelated
12-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Lol, you probably think Kobe playing "team ball" with Smush and Kwame gets into the playoffs.

These guys care about the win, and will do whatever they think is neccessary.

When Duncan and Parker had to beast with Manu out, it was because they weren't playing team ball?

DenButsu
12-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Will a Wade Thread be the new Kobe Thread?

Wilson
12-10-2008, 11:19 AM

Let's hope so. That good ol' Kobe thread made us all feel better...

kingjanjic
12-10-2008, 11:55 AM
that dunk really aint that crazy straight up, ive seen way better dunks last night then that 1

JordansBulls
12-10-2008, 12:02 PM

I don't think it would. Wade doesn't have as many fans as Kobe.

DenButsu
12-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't think it would. Wade doesn't have as many fans as Kobe.

Well, I'm pretty much joking - mostly. But it just seems to me that when it comes to Wade talk at PSD, that fine line between legitimate excitement and frothing homerism is becoming increasingly blurred... and it just kinda, ya know, reminded me of something... :cool:

superkegger
12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Well, I'm pretty much joking - mostly. But it just seems to me that when it comes to Wade talk at PSD, that fine line between legitimate excitement and frothing homerism is becoming increasingly blurred... and it just kinda, ya know, reminded me of something... :cool:

Yeah, I would concur. I think it will only continue to blur as the season progresses.

oldenpolynice
12-11-2008, 01:01 AM
that dunk really aint that crazy straight up, ive seen way better dunks last night then that 1

I don't know about that. Wade's dunk was the best one I saw that night. He took it hard to Okafor.