PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Injury List

TheKid
12-09-2008, 03:17 PM
As we all know, the Patriots have had SERIOUS injury problems this season. It seems like almost every week we hear of a player out for the season... so i was just thinking i'd make a list of the "Out for Season" injuries to have an overall look at it. Here goes:

Out for Season:
Tom Brady
Laurence Maroney
Rodney Harrison
Adalius Thomas
Teddy Bruschi
Shawn Crable
Terrence Wheatley
Ryan O'Callaghan
Tank Williams
Jason Webster
Eric Alexander
Anthony Clement
Barry Stokes
Kenny Smith
Oliver Ross
Bo Ruud

These are just the out for Season Injuries. Red are starters. Blue were players expected to make significant contributions. Note: i added Brusci because it looks like they will add him to the IR soon. Ty Warren is not on this list, however with every passing week my worries grow larger about him.

So i ask, is this a large list or what? When was the last time we saw this many key players injured (red and blue)

Ewagner
12-09-2008, 04:14 PM
it's sick. can we employee dr. james andrews as our trainer?

TheKid
12-09-2008, 05:34 PM
it's sick. can we employee dr. james andrews as our trainer?

only if he can play linebacker :)

griff141
12-10-2008, 03:42 AM
I never really understood what the deal was with Shawn Crable, he was solid in pre-season :shrug:

Patsfan56
12-10-2008, 06:19 PM
:puke:

pretty much sums up my feeling on the subject

nygiants242
12-10-2008, 06:20 PM
wow.. thats a big list

Crickr
12-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I never really understood what the deal was with Shawn Crable, he was solid in pre-season :shrug:

He was put on IR ending his season.IMO it was to protect him as the pats had a full team at that time and feared loosing him to another team again that is IMO

The Intimidator
12-10-2008, 08:05 PM
That list is bigger than I thought. It just makes it that much sweeter if we are able to make the playoffs. No, and I repeat NO other team could do what we're doing right now. This season is a prime example of why Bill Belichick is the best coach in the NFL.

Testaverde16
12-11-2008, 12:02 AM
The list is ridiculous, but at the same time you guys are looking at it the wrong way. Bruschi is on IR and its a shame to lose him, but hes only gonna miss 3 games if you guys don't make the playoffs.

I do understand that you guys also have lost guys like Warren and Morris and Jordan (I could go on forever) for a game or two along the way, so it will still add up, but to truly understand the ridiculous amount of injuries, you should look at games missed due to injury rather than just going on IR.

NCBoSoxfan21
12-11-2008, 12:56 PM
This is probably one of the most injured teams in NFL history. I echo Intimidator's comments about Belichick. It's not as if we have extensive depth either, it's pure coaching genius.

The Intimidator
12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
The list is ridiculous, but at the same time you guys are looking at it the wrong way. Bruschi is on IR and its a shame to lose him, but hes only gonna miss 3 games if you guys don't make the playoffs.

I do understand that you guys also have lost guys like Warren and Morris and Jordan (I could go on forever) for a game or two along the way, so it will still add up, but to truly understand the ridiculous amount of injuries, you should look at games missed due to injury rather than just going on IR.

Okay, fine. By the end of the season here's how many games these players will have missed:

Tom Brady: 15 games missed
Eric Alexander: 15 games missed
Laurence Maroney: 13 games missed
Rodney Harrison: 10 games missed
Terrence Wheatley: 10 games missed
LaMont Jordan: 8 games missed
Adalius Thomas: 7 games missed
Stephen Neal: 5 games missed
Pierre Woods: 4 games missed
Sammy Morris: 3 games missed
Ty Warren: 3 games missed
Tedy Bruschi: 3 games missed
Jarvis Greeen: 2 games missed

This is just among impact players, or people who were projected to be impact players this season. What are your thoughts of our injury situation now? I will say it again: NO team could possibly do what we are doing right now. With this amount of injuries to starting/impact players, the Jets would probably be 5-8, not 8-5.

NCBoSoxfan21
12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
You forgot Tank Williams, he was supposed to be an impact player too.

And Kaczur missed... 5 games I believe.

Testaverde16
12-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Okay, fine. By the end of the season here's how many games these players will have missed:

This is just among impact players, or people who were projected to be impact players this season. What are your thoughts of our injury situation now? I will say it again: NO team could possibly do what we are doing right now. With this amount of injuries to starting/impact players, the Jets would probably be 5-8, not 8-5.

I didn't say anything insulting in my message, so ease up a little bit. I came in here because I was thinking about your ridiculous injuries. I was curious about this because it is insane and I am very impressed by what you guys have been able to do. Just because I'm a Jets fan doesn't mean I am pure evil. I am a sports fan, and I may not root for your team, but I do respect it, so relax.

And you might have to add Cassel to that list too now.... bummer, but at least its just the Raiders.

The Intimidator
12-11-2008, 04:18 PM
I didn't say anything insulting in my message, so ease up a little bit. I came in here because I was thinking about your ridiculous injuries. I was curious about this because it is insane and I am very impressed by what you guys have been able to do. Just because I'm a Jets fan doesn't mean I am pure evil. I am a sports fan, and I may not root for your team, but I do respect it, so relax.

And you might have to add Cassel to that list too now.... bummer, but at least its just the Raiders.

Sorry Vinny, I guess I misinterpreted your message. As for Cassel, I would actually be quite worried if he missed Sunday's game. The Raiders may be bad, but I have very little confidence in Gutierrez or O'Connell.

Patsfan56
12-11-2008, 04:24 PM
QUOTE=The Intimidator;7628771]Okay, fine. By the end of the season here's how many games these players will have missed:

This is just among impact players, or people who were projected to be impact players this season. What are your thoughts of our injury situation now? I will say it again: NO team could possibly do what we are doing right now. With this amount of injuries to starting/impact players, the Jets would probably be 5-8, not 8-5.[/QUOTE]

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

:sigh:

Testaverde16
12-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Sorry Vinny, I guess I misinterpreted your message. As for Cassel, I would actually be quite worried if he missed Sunday's game. The Raiders may be bad, but I have very little confidence in Gutierrez or O'Connell.

I'm actually curious to see how O'Connell does too. I hope he gets a start, I liked him in college and coming into the draft, so it will be interesting to see him at the next level.

The Intimidator
12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm actually curious to see how O'Connell does too. I hope he gets a start, I liked him in college and coming into the draft, so it will be interesting to see him at the next level.

Well, Cassel is back with the team now, so it looks like O'Connell will have to wait a bit longer for his 15 minutes of fame. :p

NCBoSoxfan21
12-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Yeah, but he still might not start.

I heard on SiriusNFL radio Poppa was interviewing someone from the Pats, I want to say a player, and they asked if Matt would start and the guy said "we'll both know come Sunday".

I don't know could be wrong, considering the Pats really need to win this game. (4-0) for the last four puts us in much better condition than 3-1.

Crickr
12-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah, but he still might not start.

I heard on SiriusNFL radio Poppa was interviewing someone from the Pats, I want to say a player, and they asked if Matt would start and the guy said "we'll both know come Sunday".

I don't know could be wrong, considering the Pats really need to win this game. (4-0) for the last four puts us in much better condition than 3-1.

I think if you follow the Pats then you will know that a streight answer to most any question is hard to come by. I wouldn't put much stock in what you heard on the radio.