PDA

View Full Version : JJ Redick: can he get in the rotation please?

MoBASS
12-09-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm a big Redick fan from his Duke days, and was lucky enough to have good seats behind the Magic bench at the Clippers/Magic game last night.

I'm wondering: why would the Magic pick up his option through summer 2010 if they're not gonna play the guy?? On top of that, how do you start him for 4 games in a row but then NOT PLAY HIM A SINGLE MINUTE THE NEXT?? Sure Bogans came back from an injury, but you can't find a single minute for Redick? And meanwhile you're playing Brian Cook and Courtney Lee in crunch time?

In the first half, the Magic couldn't hit the front side of a barn, so I'm thinking: why not bring in Redick? Sure he doesn't play much defense but bro you're playing the CLIPPERS and he seems like a good compliment to Dwight... in that Steve Kerr / John Paxson sense. It's pretty tough when you're a jump shooter to get into a rhythm when you don't know when or even if you're gonna play. Then when you do go out there there's a lot of pressure to jack up some shots to prove something before you're tossed back to the end of the bench.

This is ********.

On a side note: it's incredible how much love and hate there is from fans towards a guy who rarely gets off the bench. There were a lot of Magic fans there and even a couple of Redick jerseys. They were cheering for him more than anyone not named Dwight, and we were all pissed that Van Gundy didn't play him a single minute. Then of course there are the JJ haters, never understood why but to each his own.

K I'm off to play my Better Basketball DVD's so I can watch the guy shoot a basketball.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I love JJ, but he has failed to produce consistently when given the chance. Those 4 starts he had were less than impressive, and while I too would love to see him get burn, he hasn't played well enough to give him the minutes. He needs a change of scenery.

td0tsfinest
12-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Shouldn't this be a magic thread question. Anyways, I hear Van Gundy's only likes player who play defense not too mention he's undersized to play the 2. Maybe if he works on his dribbles and court vision he can run the point, but thats very highly unlikely.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Shouldn't this be a magic thread question. Anyways, I hear Van Gundy's only likes player who play defense not too mention he's undersized to play the 2. Maybe if he works on his dribbles and court vision he can run the point, but thats very highly unlikely.

I think he needs a change of scenery. We see it time and again from players, that after they go somewhere new, somewhere they're strengths are exploited and the team and coach and organization believes in them, they flourish. I don't ever see JJ being confident in Orlando, because I don't ever see SVG and the Magic being confident in him.

Joshtd1
12-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I'd love to see JJ in a Spurs uniform. Pop loves shooters, and Im sure he would get some time in our system.

grkmaster
12-09-2008, 07:38 PM
I would easily take him on the Knicks... he would possibly flourish in our system

superkegger
12-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I'd love to see JJ in a Spurs uniform. Pop loves shooters, and Im sure he would get some time in our system.

Yeah, he might fit in. But it is unlikely to ever happen. They wont trade for him, and I doubt they'd ante up for him in FA. Because JJ is going to get at least one good offer when he becomes a FA.