PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance LA, Boston or Cleveland win 70?

mariotubes
12-09-2008, 01:32 PM
The talks are starting to heat up a bit about a 70 win campaign, so I'm wondering if anyone thinks any of these 3 have a chance? I would say Boston and the Lakers have the best shot. I can see Cleveland slipping a bit

Frrrrank!!!
12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I just want the celtics to cruise to a 60 win season and be rested for playoffs...which is the season that really matters. Championship>70 wins.

nygiants242
12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Lakers have the best shot out of all, IMO.

Rome
12-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Ive heard the talks. Iould like to see a team do that while im still young haha but wont happen.

JordansBulls
12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
The talks are starting to heat up a bit about a 70 win campaign, so I'm wondering if anyone thinks any of these 3 have a chance? I would say Boston and the Lakers have the best shot. I can see Cleveland slipping a bit

Everyone knows how important HCA is, so they will be on each other's tails until the end. Once one team locks it up the other will fall back a little and just worry about them when they meet in the playoffs.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 03:50 PM
I really don't think so. Of the three, I think Cleveland would be the one to do it. I think of the three, the lakers and celtics are both somewhat more focused on the finals than on 70 wins. The cavs, while I think they're focused on a championship, would be more likely to try and strive for 70 wins were it within reach. Maybe not. But no matter what, I don't think any of them do it.

Corey
12-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I really don't think so. Of the three, I think Cleveland would be the one to do it. I think of the three, the lakers and celtics are both somewhat more focused on the finals than on 70 wins. The cavs, while I think they're focused on a championship, would be more likely to try and strive for 70 wins were it within reach. Maybe not. But no matter what, I don't think any of them do it.

I can agree with this point. I can see the C's and Lakers coasting to the playoffs, not having to worry about the record, whereas the Cavs are a younger team that might want to try to break every record possible (thus leaving them burnt out in the playoffs).

Blazin_101
12-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Theres a chance but I doubt it.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I can agree with this point. I can see the C's and Lakers coasting to the playoffs, not having to worry about the record, whereas the Cavs are a younger team that might want to try to break every record possible (thus leaving them burnt out in the playoffs).

Agreed. Though, I'm not sure if I think Lebron would want to cement his legacy and win the 70 games if he had the chance, and would still think he could carry them in the playoffs, or if he would be like, woah, lets throttle it back guys. Because I believe he has all he confidence in the world in himself, as he should, but he might just want that HCA vs. the Celtics, because he realizes it went 7 last year, and HCA could tip it in his favor this year. I don't know. I don't think anyone will do it, but with the Cavs and the Celtics both in the east, I think the Cavs might feel like they need to push for it a bit more.

philab
12-09-2008, 05:19 PM

Seeing as how neither Boston nor Cleveland could pull off a road win in their matchup last year, I really doubt either of them will be coasting into the playoffs. And when you take into account Cleveland being undefeated at home so far and Boston's inability to win a road game until midway through the ECF last year, it would be pretty stupid for them to coast into anything.

I'm not quite sure how Boston fans got the impression that the Celtics are on some other level or are unbeatable or whatever. The Celtics are a great team, possibly even the favorites, but they're not entitled to ****. The ECF aren't even a given. The Celtics played series of 7, 7, 6, and 6 last year; that's hardly indicative of an unbeatable team in the playoffs.