PDA

View Full Version : Tiebreaker?

Morgan
12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
What has to happen for the Patriots to win the division? If we tie with the Jets they own the tiebreaker but, if we tie with the Dolphins we own that tiebreaker? I don't know. I've heard so many different scenarios that I don't even know what has to happen for us to win the division besides winning every game and hoping the Jets and Dolphins lose one each but , what if we're tied with someone? Can someone explain it because I don't think the wild card is coming out of the east this year with the way the Ravens are playing and, how easy the Colts remaining schedule is.

bagwell368
12-09-2008, 12:56 PM
What has to happen for the Patriots to win the division? If we tie with the Jets they own the tiebreaker but, if we tie with the Dolphins we own that tiebreaker? I don't know. I've heard so many different scenarios that I don't even know what has to happen for us to win the division besides winning every game and hoping the Jets and Dolphins lose one each but , what if we're tied with someone? Can someone explain it because I don't think the wild card is coming out of the east this year with the way the Ravens are playing and, how easy the Colts remaining schedule is.

we got the jets, the dolphins have us. we need the fins to lose to Buffalo, and we need the dolphins to beat the jets, and we run the table. I believe that is what it is.

Wake's Fastball
12-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Under the assumption we beat the Bills (because I don't see us making the playoffs if that doesn't happen), if the Dolphins beat the Jets, they own the tiebreakers versus both teams (rec. vs common opponents). If the Jets lose to the Bills or Dolphins, we have the tiebreaker versus them (rec. vs common opponents). If the Jets win out, they win the division, due to the fact that they've got the best divisional record at the moment.