PDA

View Full Version : Bruschi likely out for rest of season

bagwell368
12-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Herald reports Brucshi likely out for season. He was a great player, should get his number retired by the Pats.

However, he is no longer a viable player in the NFL IMO, so w/o a doubt, ILB will be a serious target in the draft and/or FA both.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/2008_12_09_Tedy_Bruschi_s_likely_done_for_season/

Morgan
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I mean at this stage in his career he was getting way too many snaps to begin with the last few years. He was one of our starting inside linebackers for the last 2 years when he really should have been coming off the bench and, probably getting not even half of the snaps he was getting which is why he wasn't really producing but, it's still kind of a big loss because we are already thin at that position. We should have signed Hobson, Colvin, and Seau all on the same day. We almost did pick up Hobson I guess. We probably should have. Is there anyone still out there? Simeon Rice keeps coming into my head. We could use him in a 4-3 or put him at outside linebacker in the 3-4 and use Seau, Mayo, and Guyton on the inside. We need somebody.

griff141
12-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I mean at this stage in his career he was getting way too many snaps to begin with the last few years. He was one of our starting inside linebackers for the last 2 years when he really should have been coming off the bench and, probably getting not even half of the snaps he was getting which is why he wasn't really producing but, it's still kind of a big loss because we are already thin at that position. We should have signed Hobson, Colvin, and Seau all on the same day. We almost did pick up Hobson I guess. We probably should have. Is there anyone still out there? Simeon Rice keeps coming into my head. We could use him in a 4-3 or put him at outside linebacker in the 3-4 and use Seau, Mayo, and Guyton on the inside. We need somebody.

Unless there is someone out there that is familiar with our system, I think we just have to go with what we have. Nobody off the street would be able to come in and make a difference this late in the season. Bruschi is a shell of his former self and this injury could be the end of his career, at least as a Patriot. I wanted to believe for so long that our core players could pull it off, but it's clear we need to overhaul the entire defense except for the DL.

Wake's Fastball
12-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Probably calling it quits. Especially with the stroke already a couple years ago, I can't imagine he risks coming back after this injury.

TheKid
12-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Great career, but this is it. We have all witnessed the last of TB playing. Period. He won't go to another team, he will retire. and he will be missed.

bagwell368
12-09-2008, 05:35 PM
I wanted to believe for so long that our core players could pull it off, but it's clear we need to overhaul the entire defense except for the DL.

Ummm. Mayo is he OK to keep? Merriweather? Vrabel at least for one more year? AT until his contract runs out? Hobbs? The two CB kids? The 3 kid LB's

Somewhere in that group is a pretty fair bunch of starters and subs. Two stars added - say at ILB and CB is enough to make them pretty nasty. Three and its 2002 all over again.

Morgan
12-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Unless there is someone out there that is familiar with our system, I think we just have to go with what we have. Nobody off the street would be able to come in and make a difference this late in the season. Bruschi is a shell of his former self and this injury could be the end of his career, at least as a Patriot. I wanted to believe for so long that our core players could pull it off, but it's clear we need to overhaul the entire defense except for the DL.

Oh most definitely. The only ones that should stick around besides the D-Line are Mayo, Merriweather, Thomas, Sanders, and maybe Vrable has 2 years left in him. We need 2 new cornerbacks, a starting inside linebacker to play next to Mayo, and some depth everywhere else and, some good role players. Not Mike Richardson, Deltha O'Neal, Vince Redd, and Lewis Sanders. We need better role players than that. I think we need to do a couple un Patriot like moves in the offseason. First we need to draft for need and, not just take the best player available and then we need to spend a little dough on some good free agents. We definitely should sign good experienced inside linebacker to play alongside Mayo and, a good experienced cornerback to play alongside Hobbs. That way it will give Wheatley and Wilhite time to develop. If we do that and have a good draft we should be all set. I thought we should have went after Jonathon Vilma last year but, we'll get somebody to fill the void at inside linebacker next year.

Red_Sox_89
12-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Son
of
a

TheRedMarauder
12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports that Patriots ILB Tedy Bruschi's MCL is indeed torn. He won't be available before the playoffs.

New England is currently in the process of determining whether Bruschi will go to injured reserve. This is normally a 3-6 week injury, but for a player as old as Bruschi (35), there's no guarantee that he'd recovery quickly.

rotoworld

The Intimidator
12-12-2008, 07:15 PM
If his MCL is torn, then I think we have seen the end of Tedy Bruschi's career. I think that he and Harrison are both done actually. It's a shame. You would hope they would be able to go out on better terms.

futureheisman
12-14-2008, 11:43 AM
great career but I hope never see him again. He is way too slow and his skills have gone downhill for the past 3 years

MilledgeGomez
12-14-2008, 03:13 PM
NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports that Patriots ILB Tedy Bruschi's MCL is indeed torn. He won't be available before the playoffs.

New England is currently in the process of determining whether Bruschi will go to injured reserve. This is normally a 3-6 week injury, but for a player as old as Bruschi (35), there's no guarantee that he'd recovery quickly.

rotoworld
Why are they determining of course he will we need his roster spot for another LB or another player who can play there is no point of keeping him on the roster if he cant play