PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Mayo of the Grizzlies to set New NBA record

Deezy Dee 24
12-09-2008, 10:41 AM
"The 21-year-old out of USC has scored in double figures in each of his first 21 games, the longest stretch to start an NBA career since Magic Johnson had 21-straight games of 10-plus points for the Lakers at the start of the 1979-80 season.

Mayo will set a new NBA Record if he scores in double figures in his next game
Wednesday December 10th at Oklahoma City Thunder.

"It shows he can create shots against different defenses despite the fact that people are well aware of his scoring abilities," Griz coach Marc Iavaroni said. "He has a knack for getting good looks. He does that with aggressiveness, with a lean-back jump shot and he's very serious about the offensive game. He's learning how to become serious about the defensive game."

Nighthawk
12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I never doubt Mayo coming into the league. Should be great for years 2 come.

Fool
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I wish I could actually watch this guy, Grizzlies are never on TV....

HOZ THE KNICK
12-09-2008, 11:38 AM
r.o.y........him and rose will battle down the stretch.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I wish I could actually watch this guy, Grizzlies are never on TV....you have to get the league pass dog.

Testaverde16
12-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Not surprising... but still impressive.

DreamShaker
12-09-2008, 12:08 PM
He needs to get out of Memphis ASAP or his career will be wasted....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I wish I could actually watch this guy, Grizzlies are never on TV....

I couldn't live without League Pass

DrDEADalready
12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
He'll get it.

LA_Raiders
12-09-2008, 01:27 PM
That Kid is going to be great....

Great Trade by Meph....USC bb....

mariotubes
12-09-2008, 01:38 PM
impressive

nygiants242
12-09-2008, 01:40 PM
He's really a beast so far.. he is just a flat out scoring machine. I still think D-Rose is ROY since he's leading his team with assists and getting other players involved while leading his team to a DECENT record. Meanwhile, Mayo is playing for a very bad team but is scoring a lot... still he's an AMAZING talent.
:clap:

theuuord
12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I couldn't live without League Pass

I was going to get League Pass Broadband but they had blackout issues where pretty much every game was blacked out for me, and I live in nowhere Massachusetts. I asked them about it twice and they just said "we're having incorrect blackouts, sorry."
I was using the free trial and they didn't fix it before the price went up from $85 to $100, so I didn't get it even though the entire reason I didn't purchase it was their incompetence.

I'm sure it's a great service but their customer service stinks... and I didn't see a single Nets game on it the entire two-week trial because they were always incorrectly blacked out (along with Pacers games, Warriors games, Knick games, and a few other teams... But not Celtics games, which is one of the dumber things I've seen).

thumbs down.

29$JerZ
12-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Too bad he isn't a Knick :(

Wish I could see more games, Griz don't get no national games this year I believe.

Afridi786
12-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Dude chucks up a lot of shots, he should be scoring double figures every game when he's attempting like 17 shots a game.

WSU Tony
12-09-2008, 02:54 PM
How many shots does he take? Minutes? I hate to bring up Kevin Love but if he had those minutes he'd likely have a double double 15 of the first 20 games.... He gets tons of minutes, and tons of shots. He's shooting well, don't get me wrong, but he still shoots alot.

G-Funk
12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Doesn't he want to be a Laker?

La11
12-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I never doubt Mayo coming into the league. Should be great for years 2 come.

Great Trade Kevin McHale .

first Trades Brandon Roy for Randy Foye

Then another star slips out of his hand

OJ Mayo for Kevin Love

I never doubted you one bit...I knew you were a dumbass...lol

Mayo is Dirty and will make McHale regret that trade AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

WSU Tony
12-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Great Trade Kevin McHale .

first Trades Brandon Roy for Randy Foye

Then another star slips out of his hand

OJ Mayo for Kevin Love

I never doubted you one bit...I knew you were a dumbass...lol

Mayo is Dirty and will make McHale regret that trade AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN

And Miller.... and got rid of some BAD contracts..... Don't make it sound like a 1 for 1 trade, it wasn't. I'd like to see how the Grizzles plan on signing their young talent in the future since they have no cap room. :rolleyes: May won't want to sit in a city like Minneapolis or Memphis anyway, consider it really hard to sign him.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 05:21 PM
And Miller.... and got rid of some BAD contracts..... Don't make it sound like a 1 for 1 trade, it wasn't. I'd like to see how the Grizzles plan on signing their young talent in the future since they have no cap room. :rolleyes: May won't want to sit in a city like Minneapolis or Memphis anyway, consider it really hard to sign him.

Agreed. If Mayo doesn't end up in a major market within 5 years, I'll be surprised.

But Mayo is exceptional. I've liked him since high school, regardless of his 'character' issues, which are illusional. He's going to be a very special player for years to come.

_Sn1P3r_
12-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Mayo has been impressive so far. I only saw him play against Houston last night when they won by 12 but he's pretty good. Good luck to breaking that record.

sp1derm00
12-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Dude chucks up a lot of shots, he should be scoring double figures every game when he's attempting like 17 shots a game.

I wouldn't exactly call 21ppg on 47% FG% and 40% 3FG% chucking...

kvrnm
12-09-2008, 08:05 PM
mayos a baller. nice move minnesota!!!

Deezy Dee 24
12-09-2008, 09:26 PM
die hard grizz fan.
when the trade was made draft night everybody was talkin about how the grizzlies made another bad trade.

hahaha

mike miller was at the top of his career last year and hes goin nowhere but down from where
dont get my wrong. mike was my favorite grizzlies player.
kevin love... is no superstar

oj mayo will be a big star, real big star.

Mr.Grizzly
12-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Mayo = ROY

Deezy Dee 24
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
^^^^
agreed

Beno7500
12-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Mayo>Beasley

Hawkeye15
12-09-2008, 10:29 PM
ok, to all those who are crapping on Minnesota for the trade, let me break it down for you, since you don't know what you are talking about.
We traded: rights to Mayo, Jaric, Buckner, and Walker's ridic contracts, 2 of whom wouldn't shut up about how they should be playing.
We obtained: Kevin Love, Pac 10 player of the year (over Mayo, Westbrook, Lopez, Bayless, I could go on), Mike Miller (coveted sharp shooter in his prime, from South Dakota), Brian Cardinal, and Collins
Jaric and Walker were headaches. Love and Miller both WANT to play in Minnesota. Do you really think Memphis will be able to hold onto Mayo? I know Minnesota could not have. He has been a legend since he was 13. He isn't staying in a small market. Now, he gets 40 mpg, and has the green light. He is a shooter. That is all he is. That is all he ever will be. Love may never be an all star, but he will be a 16-10 type, tenacious on the offensive glass, and Miller is already proven, and in his prime. So, both team benefited, but to call out the Wolves like it was the Roy-Foye, or Ray Allen-Marbury trade is nonsense

hgtiger32
12-09-2008, 10:45 PM
i wonder which trade will go down as the worst for the T-Wolves:
Brandon Roy for Randy Foye OR O.J. Mayo for Kevin Love ?

Deezy Dee 24
12-10-2008, 10:36 AM
i wonder which trade will go down as the worst for the T-Wolves:
Brandon Roy for Randy Foye OR O.J. Mayo for Kevin Love ?

haha minnesota dosent want any superstars i guess
hahaha

mayo for R.O.Y.