PDA

View Full Version : Is Manu Ginobili a Hall of Famer?

JayW_1023
12-09-2008, 09:38 AM
I know I'm a Spurs fan so my vote don't count (I'm not voting in this poll lol). But the question is...do you think Manu is a Hall of Famer?

Some interesting facts, arguments and counterarguments:

- In his six seasons he has won three titles...so half of the seasons he has played in he has won a ring.
- Only player to win Euroleague, a gold medal and an NBA Championship
- His Argentina team was the first to upset Team USAusing NBAers, with him leading the way.
- His best season statistically was in a bench role last year: 19.4 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4,5 assists
- Averaged just 7,6 points as a rookie
- Had just 1 All-Star appearance
- Scored a career high 48 points agains Phoenix in 2005

Even though I'm prolly Manu's biggest supporter...I would prolly not vote him in because he hasn't had the consistency of a Kobe, Wade, Iverson, Carter, Allen or McGrady. However, when it counted Manu usually came up big and never disappointed.

He is pretty strange in that sense...at the top of his ability he is probably the most complete SG behind Kobe and Wade. But his statistics have never truely reflected his value and personal accolades.

But since the discussion is on...is Manu Ginobili a Hall of Fame player?

Edit: dang, I forgot making this a poll lol.

innovator
12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
if he wins another FLOPPER OF THE YEAR AWARD then yes he is a HOF

nygiants242
12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
No freakin way

Testaverde16
12-09-2008, 10:03 AM
He really hasn't been around long enough to know.... if he quit now, he wouldn't.

Right now, it seems like he has an outside shot, even though he has been a hell of a player, statistically he just isn't there and he is usually the 3rd option on his own team. Let's see what happens the rest of his career before we debate this one.

NYKnickFanatic
12-09-2008, 10:04 AM
I dont think so.

LA_Raiders
12-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I know I'm a Spurs fan so my vote don't count (I'm not voting in this poll lol). But the question is...do you think Manu is a Hall of Famer?

Some interesting facts, arguments and counterarguments:

- In his six seasons he has won three titles...so half of the seasons he has played in he has won a ring.
- Only player to win Euroleague, a gold medal and an NBA Championship
- His Argentina team was the first to upset Team USAusing NBAers, with him leading the way.
- His best season statistically was in a bench role last year: 19.4 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4,5 assists
- Averaged just 7,6 points as a rookie
- Had just 1 All-Star appearance
- Scored a career high 48 points agains Phoenix in 2005

Even though I'm prolly Manu's biggest supporter...I would prolly not vote him in because he hasn't had the consistency of a Kobe, Wade, Iverson, Carter, Allen or McGrady. However, when it counted Manu usually came up big and never disappointed.

He is pretty strange in that sense...at the top of his ability he is probably the most complete SG behind Kobe and Wade. But his statistics have never truely reflected his value and personal accolades.

But since the discussion is on...is Manu Ginobili a Hall of Fame player?

Edit: dang, I forgot making this a poll lol.

Consistent? Those players? I think its too soon, but he will be If he keeps playing at his level and stop getting injured...

cubulls
12-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Yes he is. Saying otherwise would be racist...

barreleffact
12-09-2008, 10:31 AM
honestly, he's won 3 rings as youve said. he played huge roles in all 3. even when he came off the bench, he wasnt really a bench player. he's going to be inducted when the time comes. he, parker, and duncan will all get in

Deezy Dee 24
12-09-2008, 10:44 AM
no. just another good player

Frrrrank!!!
12-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Nope

Sport
12-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I dont believe so, but who knows.

SteveNash
12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
He will be in the hall of fame because of his international career.

I don't think Manu should get in, but the hall has let in so many bad players that you can't really make a case against Manu. It's not all that exclusive like the baseball hall of fame is.

Joshtd1
12-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes, because of his international career.

Morgan
12-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I can't even believe 2 people voted yes. That's crazy. He hasn't even had half of a hall of fame career yet. Stop it with these crazy threads guys.

JordansBulls
12-09-2008, 12:50 PM
If Dennis Johnson isn't one then I don't think Manu should be either.

theuuord
12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
He will be in the hall of fame because of his international career.

I don't think Manu should get in, but the hall has let in so many bad players that you can't really make a case against Manu. It's not all that exclusive like the baseball hall of fame is.

The Baseball hall of fame isn't that exclusive, either. It just has really dumb rules about who shouldn't get elected.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2008, 02:33 PM
they let anyone into the basketball HOF, so yep. And that isn't a slap at Manu, he will easily get it due to his amazing international career, and his very good short NBA career.

colinskik
12-09-2008, 02:48 PM
The Baseball hall of fame isn't that exclusive, either. It just has really dumb rules about who shouldn't get elected.
It's still more exclusive than the Basketball HOF.

J-Relo
12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
of course not, no questions about it...

barreleffact
12-09-2008, 04:51 PM
so the international career is a factor when talking about an nba HoF?

superkegger
12-09-2008, 05:07 PM
so the international career is a factor when talking about an nba HoF?

yes, because its the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame. Were it exclusively the NBA hall of fame, then I would say no to Manu, but its the basketball hall of fame, and in no way exclusive to the NBA. Manu's entire career as a whole is pretty spectacular. He will be in there when its all said and done.

JJ81
12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Calm down

NYMetros
12-09-2008, 06:14 PM
He will make the Hall of Very Good. Not the HOF though.

td0tsfinest
12-09-2008, 06:25 PM
He's a proven champion. He might not be a first ballot player.

theuuord
12-09-2008, 06:25 PM
yes, because its the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame. Were it exclusively the NBA hall of fame, then I would say no to Manu, but its the basketball hall of fame, and in no way exclusive to the NBA. Manu's entire career as a whole is pretty spectacular. He will be in there when its all said and done.

My thoughts as well.

zambo4president
12-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Hahahahahhaa no

IBleedPurple
12-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes he is. Saying otherwise would be racist...

Ummm ok.

Do the Emmys have Hall of Famers?

MooseWithFleas
12-09-2008, 06:59 PM
nonoononononnononononono. Maybe if he continues what hes doing now FOR ANOTHEr 7 YEARS. Maybe that and his international career will get him in, but dear lord.