PDA

View Full Version : 5 years from now...

Hellcrooner
12-09-2008, 04:12 AM
Who do you think will be the best 3 players for each position?

IMO

C Paul/D Rose/R Rubio

Wade/Kobe/K Martin

Lebron/Thorntorn/Melo

Bosh/Stoudamire/Beasley

Howard/Bynum/ Marc Gasol

superkegger
12-09-2008, 04:14 AM
really you're taking rubio over deron williams?

and Marc Gasol over Yao, Oden, Bogut, and Kaman?

And yall accuse of a bias.

Hellcrooner
12-09-2008, 04:21 AM
really you're taking rubio over deron williams?

and Marc Gasol over Yao, Oden, Bogut, and Kaman?

And yall accuse of a bias.

No bias heres

Deron , where was he at age 14? in HS Ricky was playing PRO BAll

where was he at age 17? Hs, Ricky on the gold medal game of the olympics....

Yao, Yao is MUCH better than MArc will eer be, the thign here is, if he has ahardely eve played a full season in his early 20s, how much worse will his injuries be in his 30s....Kind of a bill walton thing.

ODen, yet has to prove a lot of things, one of them HEALTH.

kaman, already struggling this season,

Bogut....he is not better even NOW, he just gets more touches.

Hellcrooner
12-09-2008, 04:23 AM
THe only real menaces i see for Rubio or marc getting in that list are Brandon Jennings, Russel Westbrook ( i dont knwo why nobody is talking about him l i saw the other day OKC and he seemed impresive) and Horford if eh keesp playing the 5....

Wilson
12-09-2008, 04:28 AM
Kobe will have to age extremely well for him to be the 2nd best SG in 5 years, he'll be 35 then.

BullsFan_1
12-09-2008, 04:30 AM
Yeah, I agree...Rubio is going to be a star in the NBA.

superkegger
12-09-2008, 05:00 AM
Yeah, I agree...Rubio is going to be a star in the NBA.

he may be, but signs are pointing to him not even coming out this year. which means in 5 years, it will be the start of his 4th year. Not that he couldn't be great, but there seems to be a longer than normal adjustment period for euro players than for just normal rookies. So even though he might be great, which is still a complete unknown, I don't think in 5 years hes going to be the 3rd best pg in the NBA. Deron, Rose, Paul and Parker will all still be playing at a very high level.

BullsFan_1
12-09-2008, 06:24 AM
he may be, but signs are pointing to him not even coming out this year. which means in 5 years, it will be the start of his 4th year. Not that he couldn't be great, but there seems to be a longer than normal adjustment period for euro players than for just normal rookies. So even though he might be great, which is still a complete unknown, I don't think in 5 years hes going to be the 3rd best pg in the NBA. Deron, Rose, Paul and Parker will all still be playing at a very high level.

I don't think he'll be a top 3 PG in 5 years, but I do think that he will be a star in the NBA...I'm just not sure how far down the line that will be.

I guess I disagree with the time frame, but I do agree that he will be a stud.

DerekRE_3
12-09-2008, 06:27 AM
I'm sorry...but Marc Gasol? Really? Have you heard of Andris Bierdins? He's averaging 15 and 12 on 54% shooting and is the same age as Gasol. And you can't accuse me of "American bias" here, since Biedrins is Latvian.

And don't get me stated on Rubio being the 3rd best PG in three years. He hasn't even been drafted yet. Here are some guys he would have to surpass....

Chris Paul: who will be in his prime in 5 years
Deron Williams: will also be in his prime
Tony Parker: He will be in his early 30's, and should be in his prime as well.
Jose Calderon: Will also be in his early 30's.
Derrick Rose: He will be 25, and competing with Deron Williams and Chris Paul for best PG.
Rajon Rondo: If he gets a jump shot, watch out for him in 5 years.
Not to mention guys like Russell Westbrook, DJ Augustine, Mike Conley (maybe, jury's still out), hell...even Raymond Felton could be better than Rubio in 5 years. He will be in his prime as well.

I find it pretty funny that you accuse people of "American bias" when pretty much every thread is about some Spanish player. I'm surprised you didn't put Rudy Fernandez as the 3rd best SG in 5 years.

kobe_isnt_human
12-09-2008, 06:40 AM
pg- chris paul

sg- dwayne wade

sf- lebron james

pf- chris bosh

c- dwight howard

/thread

Kyben36
12-09-2008, 08:19 AM
CP3/Rose/Williams

Wade/Roy/Kobe

James/Melo/Gay

Amare/Bosh/Horford ( Beasly )

Dwight/Marc Gasol/ Oden ( Bynum right on the Outside )

JayW_1023
12-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Man, tough to tell...there will be many draft picks coming to figure that out. LeBron, Howard and Paul for sure...the rest I don't know.

SteveNash
12-09-2008, 08:31 AM
C Paul/D Rose/Brandon Roy

Wade/Kobe/K Martin

Lebron/Thorntorn/Melo

Bosh/Stoudamire/Beasley

Howard/Bynum/Darko

JayW_1023
12-09-2008, 08:39 AM
I think Durant should get some mentioning too...dropping 41 isn't easy being so skinny. If he bulks up and matures he'll be a monster.

JJ81
12-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Rubio is gonna be awesome, can't wait!

barreleffact
12-09-2008, 10:40 AM
CP3/Rose/D-will
Wade/Durant/Roy
Lebron/ Lebron James/ LBJ....im sure somebody is decent after him, but the talent drop is drastic
Bosh/Stat/Al Jefferson(IMO he's best at pf)
D12/Bynum/maybe Oden but idk n idc after those 2

marvILLous
12-09-2008, 11:15 AM
haha before i opened this thread i already knew rubio and gasol were gonna be on this list...

Hellcrooner
12-09-2008, 11:17 AM
mmm Replace Melo with Durant on My list.

i didnt Mention Rudy Fernadez because he is not THAT good like in to 15 talent, ill be happy if he plays 1 or 2 all stars in his career.

Marc Gasol isnt any Moses Malone either but these days is REALLY hard to find good Centers that play the position in the Traditional way just wait 1 or 2 seasons until h reduces some body fat and turns it into muscle and gets more used to Nba rules and style of play.

But im completely convinced Rubio is going to be the real deal ( barring some injury) i come to see him a lot of times a year and beleive me ive NEVER seen such a good prospect EVER, Pau Gasol at his age had not even reached the pro league for example.

daleja424
12-09-2008, 11:23 AM
I cant believe how biased you are crooner... Rubio...really? a guy that has never played an nba game and who knows if he ever will is going to run the league in 5 years....really!?!?

hotpotato1092
12-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Ughh I'm sick of all the Rubio hype, look I know he's a great player but he hasn't played one NBA game yet, and you put him above proven young stars like Deron Williams and Tony Parker? He may be great, but these guys are better and will be better in 5 years until Ricky proves me wrong. I think he's a great player, but it's way too early for this for him, jennings or even Rose.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Ricky Rubio aint in tha league bruh..........

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
IDK how you have him over DWill... or even Russell Westbrook.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-09-2008, 12:39 PM
mmm Replace Melo with Durant on My list.

i didnt Mention Rudy Fernadez because he is not THAT good like in to 15 talent, ill be happy if he plays 1 or 2 all stars in his career.

Marc Gasol isnt any Moses Malone either but these days is REALLY hard to find good Centers that play the position in the Traditional way just wait 1 or 2 seasons until h reduces some body fat and turns it into muscle and gets more used to Nba rules and style of play.

But im completely convinced Rubio is going to be the real deal ( barring some injury) i come to see him a lot of times a year and beleive me ive NEVER seen such a good prospect EVER, Pau Gasol at his age had not even reached the pro league for example.

Why? Melo did more in his first two seasons than Durant has...

GunFactor187
12-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Add Rodney Stuckey onto that list.

td0tsfinest
12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
CP3, Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Howard. The rest are still going to be great, maybe not allstars but they'll be fine in the NBA.
Rubio has shown signs of being great but is it just me or do highly touted europeans flop in the nba. The best European superstars are the ones undrafted late first round or second round picks, or lottery picks traded for virtually nothing, (I'm talking about the Dirk for Tractor Taylor). With the exception of Pau Gasol, many highly touted European picks(Top 5) haven't lived up to their hype. I'm talking about guys like Darko and Nikoloz Tskitishvili and the jury is still out on Andrea Bargnani.
The transition for European players to the NBA is difficult and with the PG position being the most important position in baskeball it would be extremely difficult fo Ricky. But he is a high Ball IQ player, great size and skills and has a chance to be really grea.t

nygiants242
12-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Add Rodney Stuckey onto that list.

eh... I'm not so sure about that.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
way too far to tell. There will be a few guys on that list that aren't even in the NBA yet. I do think Kobe would be off the list, he will be 35, with like 1400 games under his belt. Shoot, Wade may be too the say he plays. I for sure think Bosh, Howard, Paul, D WIlliams, LeBron, Rose, Beasley, these guys should be elite players. There are a lot of young talents right now as well. Al Jefferson, Martin, Bynum, Young, etc. Point is, 5 years if forever in sports. Shoot, 5 years ago, the Timberwolves were the best team in the west.

blackjack_119
12-09-2008, 03:36 PM
PG: Paul/Williams/Rose
SG: Wade/Roy/Xavier Henry
SF: James/Durant/Josh Smith
PF: Amare/Bosh/Al Jefferson
C: Howard/Oden/Bynum

18colts29
12-09-2008, 06:56 PM
How has nobody said danny Granger. He he improved alot every year he has been in the league, he is averaging 24ppg, he can rebound and block, and can shoot the 3 good. In 5 years, he will be a top 10 talent or beter in the league, probably even top 5. He doesn't have mush more to figure out before he becomes great.

Wilson
12-09-2008, 07:07 PM
How has nobody said danny Granger. He he improved alot every year he has been in the league, he is averaging 24ppg, he can rebound and block, and can shoot the 3 good. In 5 years, he will be a top 10 talent or beter in the league, probably even top 5. He doesn't have mush more to figure out before he becomes great.

Well if the Pacers continue to play the top teams the way they have the Celtics and Lakers, and make the play-offs, he'll probably get his recognition.