PDA

View Full Version : Draft-team needs

hgtiger32
12-08-2008, 09:40 PM
My friend an i are going to do a mock draft and watch the entire draft and we want to find out from bloggers (the real fans!!!) what their team needs are. I have posted a poll but feel free to argue and dissagree with each other. If you have for instance a need for two corners, two olb, or something similar to that please let me know. Thanks a lot!

futureheisman
12-08-2008, 09:48 PM
anyone who can blitz and who understands the system. a good running back would be nice too like a Javon Ringer type

KingJamsI
12-08-2008, 09:50 PM
"The best football player on the board if we feel there is value taking him with that particular selection in the draft." is the only correct answer to how Bill Bellichick will draft.

Wake's Fastball
12-09-2008, 01:43 AM
"The best football player on the board if we feel there is value taking him with that particular selection in the draft." is the only correct answer to how Bill Bellichick will draft.

Probably the best answer.

Positions of distinct need, however, might include TE, CB and LB. Certainly after another S, have to consider RB, WR and O-line as well. I don't see any position as being "undraftable" at this point.

MilledgeGomez
12-09-2008, 11:09 AM
We need DBs!!!!

bagwell368
12-09-2008, 11:58 AM
This defense is built first around the DL which is doing what it is supposed to do - hold the line (not rush the QB which is secondary). Have the LB make plays. Have the DB's be able to cover for 3.5 seconds.

In '01, '03, '04 we had 4 playmakers at LB. Now we have 2, with a declining 3rd guy, and 3 old men who will be retired at the end of the year, and 3 kids who may or may not be able to play.

We need a ILB.

They have what appears to be a plus safety, and an average/below average S, and a slightly below average CB, and two kids that may turn out a starter, and a bum. Could we use another plus safety - sure. Not with a #1.

#1 ILB or LT
#2 same
#2 same or OLB or TE
#3 CB or S or TE

And whatever we don't get in the draft, impact FA or two to cover the back 8 - with a LT or TE thrown in on offense. BB will get another retread RB for next year, no big picks.