PDA

View Full Version : Draft-team needs

hgtiger32
12-08-2008, 09:34 PM
My friend an i are going to do a mock draft and watch the entire draft and we want to find out from bloggers (the real fans!!!) what their team needs are. I have posted a poll but feel free to argue and dissagree with each other. If you have for instance a need for two corners, two olb, or something similar to that please let me know. Thanks a lot!

RustShack
12-08-2008, 11:01 PM
It would be nice if we could have at least three picks... I went DE though because its the biggest need. LB is second to me. Third would be Oline.

RustShack
12-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Basically everything is a need though, we need starters at some positions and depth at nearly all.

Doc Fluty
12-08-2008, 11:13 PM
DE - LB - O line

Gigantes4Life
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Should have made it a multiple option poll.

DE, LB, even DT, QB possibly, and OL would be my main focuses.

Getting another WR isn't a bad idea either.

touchdown bowe
12-08-2008, 11:23 PM
1. MLB
2. DE
3. Guard/Tackle
4. WR
5. QB

Cearah
12-09-2008, 04:16 AM
depends on free agency, if we take a DE in free agency, draft a LB, or the opposite

RustShack
12-09-2008, 10:28 AM
You don't draft your players based on free agency... and I really doubt we are able to pick up a good free agent DE either.

ameer9521
12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
You don't draft your players based on free agency... and I really doubt we are able to pick up a good free agent DE either.

bill williamson of e.s.p.n. seems to think we will go after j. peppers. i asked him that on numerous chats & he feels strongly about that.

RustShack
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm sure we would go after Peppers, the only problem is that Carolina wont let him go.

FKNRUEHH925
12-09-2008, 01:24 PM
i think there is a chance we can steal someone from FA money talks and we have a ton of that plus a ton of potental.. imo we need DE.. MLB..RT..C..then imo we need a kr and punt ret.. im tired of

FKNRUEHH925
12-09-2008, 01:29 PM
sorry this is 2 posts, im on my cell phone and have a word limit...but continued..we need a kr im tired of the best feild posit being the 14-20 we need a hester cribbs type guy to set us up on ery ply

RustShack
12-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Money does talk, money is also something Carl doesn't dish out. Players like Peppers and Suggs will get the franchise tag if a contract isn't worked out.

FKNRUEHH925
12-09-2008, 04:05 PM
the ravens have to work out contracts wit there future hof MLB R.Lewis and there pro bowler B. Scott and they franchished suggs last year!!! solid chance he slips but deff no peppers on the market

Cearah
12-09-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm sure we would go after Peppers, the only problem is that Carolina wont let him go.

i think that peppers stay at carolina...!

RustShack
12-09-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure where people get the idea that players can only get the tag once, but it isn't true at all. The Ravens will try to keep all three, and it wouldn't be impossible... but Scott would be the one to get away if it was any of them.

kcchiefs_82
12-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I chose LB but I would have to chose DE and LB tied but it was def. a tie btwn DE and LB.

Chiefs316
12-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Peppers gets signed or franchised tagged i could see a real possibility of Jordan Gross, one of their Tackles going in Free Agency, he is a beast and would be a huge pick up

RustShack
12-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Gross would also be a RT comanding to be paid like a top LT.

touchdown bowe
12-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Gross would also be a RT comanding to be paid like a top LT.

He might end up in Oakland if he demands a ton of cash which im guessin he will

RustShack
12-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Oakland doesn't have that kind of money...

Kcfanbaby212*
12-10-2008, 12:27 AM
oakland has no money...heres my order
1.DE
2.MLB/OLB
3.OL

DKKC
12-10-2008, 01:38 AM
our needs fall like stated earlier DE - MLB - RT/RG - SLB but I much perfer the best available.. maybe a guy like Bradford if he happens to fall to us.

In_Ned_I_Trust
12-11-2008, 01:32 AM
our needs fall like stated earlier DE - MLB - RT/RG - SLB but I much perfer the best available.. maybe a guy like Bradford if he happens to fall to us.

LOL Bro get over it Bradford is not coming out this year, he'll wait till next year when we fire Herm and hire Stoops.

RustShack
12-11-2008, 02:25 AM
I don't know... I think the odds are about 60/40.. 60 being him coming out. This is just a different kind of year and I expect this to break the record of underclassmen to declare.

a_wood04
12-19-2008, 01:26 AM
DE
MLB
C
RT
OLB
RG
SS

and then depth at all positions

Ronniebasco15
12-19-2008, 11:16 AM
draft smart or not at all

kcchiefs_82
12-19-2008, 01:27 PM
1.DE and MLB (cant decide which one is more important)
2.RT
3.QB
4. depth in the 2ndary

plpfctn
12-31-2008, 05:18 AM
football games are won in the trenches. OL and D-Line are the most important positions.

KC-TC
12-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Didn't Bradford say he was coming out? He's predicted to go top 5, he'd be a fool not to. I've also heard though that he's not ready. Not strong enough yet.

noturnormalhero
12-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Most "mock drafts" have us getting a QB with our 1st round pick and i would NOT be happy if that happened. I'm not saying Thigpen is our future for sure but the kid showed me enough this year not to draft a QB in the 1st round. I voted for DE because it's our biggest need. LB and OL would be followed by that. Can't for the life of me see us getting Suggs or Peppers so i won't even excite myself on that possibility. Positions are needed but a coach and a GM are needed first. Unless we are going to give Herm another year. That's a whole 'nother discussion in itself though. If we lose LJ, RB will have to be up there too on draft needs. Unless everyone is fine with Battle being our everyday # 2 option.

Arealchiefsfan
12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
I agree we go with DE first even though it's a risk, because all the DEs that came out this year did just okay. I want Orakpo at DE, but having the second pick we will not take a DE, because we would have to pay him 30 to 40 mil. I would like to see us trade down to 5 or 7th and get another 2nd round pick.

Thearchitect33
12-31-2008, 08:01 PM
I agree with the last post if the stated facts are indeed facts. I think that drafting a QB in the first round would be a waste of a pick. Trade down if possible and pick up more picks. Then focus on DE/LB/Oline help in the first and possibly second round depending what's on the board and then pick up a QB in the third round.

Thearchitect33
12-31-2008, 08:04 PM
As far as RB goes, we are pretty stacked there. Unless something has changed that I missed (which I admit is a real possibility), we still have Kolby Smith and Jamaal Charles ahead of Jackie Battle. It's important also to remember that unless Herm and his staff get fired there's a chance that the spread will stay in KC. That means that an elite runningback is not necessarily a priority. Charles actually fits the current offense better than LJ ever could, and Kolby Smith is the type of guy who just seems to always squeeze out three or four yards. I am pretty satisfied with the runningback position, especially if we get decent value for LJ, which imo would be a 2nd round pick or a 3rd and later round pick.

ldslngr10x
01-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Draft Needs:
1. Best available
2. Best Available
3. Best available
4. Best available
5. Best available
6. Best available
7. best available

Pick up some key needs in FA. Besides its stupid to have a whole team of rookies. That was proven this year.....get some veterens!!!

QuietWyatt
01-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Malcolm Jenkins would be a surefire pick at #3. It's not the most pressing need but Chiefs are also free to trade down to take a LB.

c0nman21
01-03-2009, 04:13 AM
I would be all for the best available. I agree with the DE and LB need the most. Mel has Curry from Wake on the top of his big board right now and he would probably be a good choice to play opposite Derrick. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down, but because we need so many different things it might be a better idea to take the best available at that time (as long as its one of our many needs). I don't think I would like a QB in the first round, but would have no problem taking one later. Thigpen played decent enough to not completely give up on him.

c0nman21
01-03-2009, 04:15 AM
I also hope we pick up a decent MLB or DE in free agency to take some pressure off one of those positions in the draft. If we could get a good veteran leader to put on that defense the young guys might respond well to that.

ldslngr10x
01-03-2009, 06:00 PM
The draft is easy...take the best talent available with the pick or trade down/up to fill a need....We can target specific needs through free agency as long as they fit our profile....the presence of veterans is a must......it always helps to bring in some outside perspective to help mentor the youth.....

In_Ned_I_Trust
01-03-2009, 10:59 PM
#58 from SC or bust.

DonnieE
01-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Draft Needs:
1. Best available
2. Best Available
3. Best available
4. Best available
5. Best available
6. Best available
7. best available

Pick up some key needs in FA. Besides its stupid to have a whole team of rookies. That was proven this year.....get some veterens!!!

ditto

KC-TC
01-06-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm not really into the draft this early but after watching the Texas/Ohio State game last night I think the Chiefs should take a good hare look at Lauranitis from Ohio State. That guy was a defensive stud last night. If he could get in with a mentor like Donnie Edwards and a good linebackers coach, he'll be a good LB for a long time.

kcsportsfan09
01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Since we're just having fun here, I'd like to see the chiefs with their first round pick take:
Andre Smith (OT/Alabama) or Michael Oher (OT/Ole Miss.), that would give them another strong physical tackle across from Alberts. Then with the second pick I'd like to see the chiefs take J. Luigs(C/Alabama). He is predicted to be the second best center in draft and it's said that he'd be a good player to make the transition to guard if he was asked to play that position. That would give the chiefs a core to making a franchise o-line with Waters being the vetern leader. I know I'm leaving out the defense, but I don't think the defense can be fixed through the draft. The chiefs need some veterns on defense that can lead the young guys, D. Edwards and Surtain are not enough and to far along in their careers to lead this young core of defensive players.

DonnieE
01-06-2009, 07:06 PM
We need to stop the run..Our tackling was atrocious..Not mention our pass rush...

OL is a need, but the immediate need, IMO, is Defense...But BPA is the mindset we should be going into this draft with..A lot of weaknesses in almost every position...

BigRatt
01-29-2009, 04:24 PM
We need to stop the run..Our tackling was atrocious..Not mention our pass rush...

OL is a need, but the immediate need, IMO, is Defense...But BPA is the mindset we should be going into this draft with..A lot of weaknesses in almost every position...

Problem is thier is not any top tier DEs in this draft. Orakpo got dominated in the bowl game. Outside of that their is not any total packages DEs who can stop the run and rush the passer. Curry might be an option at LB. But i dont think his impact as a rusher would be that great. I say take Andre Smith or Monroe.

Kcfanbaby212*
01-30-2009, 05:17 PM
D shouldnt even be mentioned for our pick, no D player is worth the 3rd pikc. I think Stafford is the guy.

Dauber4MVP
02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
I think its quite obvious our number 1 need is defensive end, the defense fell apart without Jared Allen. The key to any good defense is developing at pass rush and and line backers who are good at stoping the run, the Chiefs don't have any of that. So I hope the Chiefs can start by rebuilding there, a place that the Patriots did focus on when building there championship teams.

Arealchiefsfan
02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Sanchez and Stafford are okay at best, but that does not matter because who ever the QB is is going to get hit alot. Way waste a draft pick on a position that no matter who fills it is going to get crushed. Thigpin had more rushing yards then anyother QB last year and he did not even start every game. He ran becuase he was scared and any player back there wil have to do the same thing. The last great draft pick for us was Derrick Thomas of the best players KC has ever seen. Defensive pick all the way and our offense last season for the last ten games average over 24 points a game.

Duffman
02-02-2009, 08:58 PM
You don't start franchise QB's drafted this high their rookie year anyways, so your point is void. If there was a great DE this year than yes draft him, but there isn't. You don't pass on franchise QB's because you have bigger needs. If you look at all the good teams right now, most of them drafted a QB in the first round.

Nvchiefsfan
02-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Our line might surprise alot of people this year. If we get a RT tackle they might be pretty good. If Stafford is there we have to seriously think about him. We have needed a franchise QB for a long time and if Thigpen pans out then we have two QB's just like the situation in Cleveland. It will take Orakpo a couple of years before he makes an impact.

Duffman
02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't rule out Barry Richardson yet.

Chiefsfan1
02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Definitely not a QB... and we should pick a DE...
Here are the positions i would take the first 3 rounds:

1st round: Michael Johnson DE/Georgia Tech
2nd round: LB
3rd round: OL

Duffman
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Definitely not a QB... and we should pick a DE...
Here are the positions i would take the first 3 rounds:

1st round: Michael Johnson DE/Georgia Tech
2nd round: LB
3rd round: OL

JFC! Johnson is ranked as a late first round to second round pick! You seriously want to blow the #3 pick on him? The fact is there is NO defensive player worth the #3 pick this year, last year hell yeah... There is Curry but he plays at a position that is a reach for the top three.

Duffman
02-03-2009, 02:48 PM
1. Mark Sanchez/Matt Stafford
2. Michael Johnson
3. Herman Johnson

When you don't reach for need you can get drafts like that.

Arealchiefsfan
02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Good point with the QB. I just think this years Qb's are just like you said about the DE, their not that good. Stafford would be a good choice due to how he played, but Sanchez is a good college QB. A defense is built by coaches and players not just by buying good free agents. If KC is serious about building a team like they had in the early 90's they need to start building their defense in the draft. The hard thing to say at this point is what is the most important due to nobody even knows what sort of offense or defense we will be running this year. If we change to a 3-4 defense without two more good LB it does not matter. Are secondary is coming around Flowers and Carr after one year did very good for having no pass rush. Page and Pollard are starting to step up and make some big plays. Injuries killed the defense this year losing McBride and Hali just sucked. Stil the dumb move was putting Dorsey head up on the guard and not allowing him to play the gaps. Once we know what the defense is going to be I think we could make a better guess at what is needed in the draft. I would like to see us get Matt Cassal and a good second reciever, but I won't hold my breath.

Duffman
02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
The Chiefs drafted Dorsey last year #5, he is the building block for the defense. The Chiefs need to draft the QBotF to build the offense around. Many people, myself included disagree about Stafford and Sanchez not being worth the top pick. It depends on what you want in a QB. I strongly feel Stafford is the best QB to come out in years, I also think Sanchez could have more upside hes just not as experienced. I personally think we need to get one of these two QB's and sit them for the year while we continue to build the team up. You shouldn't ever expect much out of your top pick their rookie years anyways, its just a major bonus if they can contribute. As for Pioli, he has a track record of bringing in a lot of free agents who aren't big names or great, they just fit and get the job done.

In_Ned_I_Trust
02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Mark Sanchez or bust.

fightwookies
02-04-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm starting to think crabtree will be the choice. especially if we end up with haley as coach. Look what Fitzgerald did for the cardinals since he was drafted #3 overall. with the money thats involved in a top 5 pick, you need a can't miss prospect, and I believe that means crabtree