PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Gerald Wallace to Wolves for McCants and Collins?

DenButsu
12-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Judging from all the chatter in their locker room, the Timberwolves are convinced that Gerald Wallace will be coming on board from Charlotte, with Rashard McCants and Jason Collins heading to the Bobcats.nydailynews (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2008/12/06/2008-12-06_david_sterns_nba_holds_fire_on_weapons_w.html)

Well, it works on paper (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1026~987~2777&teams=16~30~30&te=&cash=). But I don't get it. I guess this would constitute nothing more than a salary dump on the Bobcats' part (unless they're looking at it as another big step in their quest to suck even harder? - sorry Bobcats fans, of course I'm only kidding). But dollars alone won't attract the top talent in the league if there's no talent left on the roster for them to have any success with. As for Minny's startng 5, I guess Al would take the 5 spot, and then they'd either have to go with some serious small ball with Wallace and Gomes (both 6'7") at the 3 and 4, or start Love in Gomes' place at the power forward. Kind of awkward either way, but still I'd say the Wolves pretty much laugh all the way to the bank if this deal is for real.

Westbrook36
12-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Randy Foye
Mike Miller
Gerald Wallace
Kevin Love
Al Jefferson

DenButsu
12-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Randy Foye
Mike Miller
Gerald Wallace
Kevin Love
Al Jefferson

So you think they'd start Love and send Gomes to the bench?

ryguy2k7
12-07-2008, 11:35 PM
So you think they'd start Love and send Gomes to the bench?

We should.

Getting Love some experience starting will help him out. He's been doing really well as of late.

DenButsu
12-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Just in terms of size it would make sense. That would be a seriously vertically challenged frontcourt with Gomes at the 4.

marvILLous
12-07-2008, 11:37 PM
wowwwww come to toronto damnit

superkegger
12-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I've heard chatter about this, but I've heard the bobcats absolutely shot it down like a week ago.

Afridi786
12-07-2008, 11:41 PM
I pretty sure they could do better.

DenButsu
12-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I've heard chatter about this, but I've heard the bobcats absolutely shot it down like a week ago.

Well, I don't want to be posting mistaken info. This is only a rumor, but I thought the nydailynews was probably at least a legitimate source.

If you - or if anybody - comes across anything that confirms or denies this report, please post it so we can get the story as accurate as possible.

superkegger
12-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Well, I don't want to be posting mistaken info. This is only a rumor, but I thought the nydailynews was probably at least a legitimate source.

If you - or if anybody - comes across anything that confirms or denies this report, please post it so we can get the story as accurate as possible.

Alright I'll look for the report I read...

Nadhi1
12-07-2008, 11:50 PM
G wallace to the raptors

PurpleJesus
12-07-2008, 11:57 PM
hey supperkegger, the deal that got shut down was Collins McCants and a first rounder for Felton, it sounds like MJ countered with Gerald Wallace.

And for sure if that trade went down, love would start at the 4, Gomes hasnt started every game for us, and when he does start, it is at the 3, not the 4.

Conor
12-07-2008, 11:58 PM
What a ******** trade for the Bobcats.....get a bum expiring and a ballhog with a mediocre jumper for one of the better all around wings in the game.

cheetos185
12-08-2008, 12:02 AM
nydailynews (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2008/12/06/2008-12-06_david_sterns_nba_holds_fire_on_weapons_w.html)

Well, it works on paper (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1026~987~2777&teams=16~30~30&te=&cash=). But I don't get it. I guess this would constitute nothing more than a salary dump on the Bobcats' part (unless they're looking at it as another big step in their quest to suck even harder? - sorry Bobcats fans, of course I'm only kidding). But dollars alone won't attract the top talent in the league if there's no talent left on the roster for them to have any success with. As for Minny's startng 5, I guess Al would take the 5 spot, and then they'd either have to go with some serious small ball with Wallace and Gomes (both 6'7") at the 3 and 4, or start Love in Gomes' place at the power forward. Kind of awkward either way, but still I'd say the Wolves pretty much laugh all the way to the bank if this deal is for real.

if this happens than maybe they still have a deal for C going

Durant is hype
12-08-2008, 12:03 AM
If a 2009 first rounder is involved the deal it would be a great deal for the Bobcats.

SpeeMN
12-08-2008, 12:03 AM
dont forget the first rounder

superkegger
12-08-2008, 12:05 AM
hey supperkegger, the deal that got shut down was Collins McCants and a first rounder for Felton, it sounds like MJ countered with Gerald Wallace.

And for sure if that trade went down, love would start at the 4, Gomes hasnt started every game for us, and when he does start, it is at the 3, not the 4.

oh, is that what it was? I could have sworn it was for gforce. Still don't really get why the bobcats would do it.

PurpleJesus
12-08-2008, 12:09 AM
it could have been for wallace also, but i didnt hear anything about that, i went to charlottes forum and saw a thread about a deal for felton that got shut down.

this deal is still lopsided even if a number one is thrown in. It wouldnt be the wolves first, they have 4 first rounders in next years draft, it would probably be a lower first round pick, not the wolves top 5.

superkegger
12-08-2008, 12:16 AM
If they get wallace, that would be very solid. but they really need a legit pg more.

PurpleJesus
12-08-2008, 12:18 AM
for sure they need a PG, but their starting SF is Gomes, Wallace would be such an improvement. Foye has been playing very well switching off between the point and shooting guard as of late though. PG or C is probably our biggest need, but SF is something we also need.

superkegger
12-08-2008, 12:24 AM
for sure they need a PG, but their starting SF is Gomes, Wallace would be such an improvement. Foye has been playing very well switching off between the point and shooting guard as of late though. PG or C is probably our biggest need, but SF is something we also need.

yeah, but gomes is sufficient. for this team for now. I like Foye and bassy, but defensively, they just can't get it done at the point. And obviously, it would be nice to have a C, but I don't see that move being made. Don't have enough to get someone worth it.

cwilson21
12-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Love this trade if it goes down. Collins is just a body and McCants is easily the most selfish player in the game.

NYMetros
12-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Why did the Bobcats make this trade??:confused:

Rashard Mccants is a solid young SG, but Wallace is an amazing all-around player. I love it from a T-Wolves perspective.

Joshtd1
12-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Hey Keg..I see you are trying to make good on your goal you told me earlier.

Anyway....I dont know why the Bobcats would do it....

superkegger
12-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Why did the Bobcats make this trade??:confused:

Rashard Mccants is a solid young SG, but Wallace is an amazing all-around player. I love it from a T-Wolves perspective.

well its just rumor right now...and well...one word: MJ

Hey Keg..I see you are trying to make good on your goal you told me earlier.

Anyway....I dont know why the Bobcats would do it....

I have time, what can i say.

SensandRaps
12-08-2008, 12:34 AM
i think mchale is trying to make up of getting riped off on deals by trying to rip off another team and if the wolves do make this it would be a good step in the right direction

infamous
12-08-2008, 12:50 AM
to the cavs pls.

AirJordanXVIII
12-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Absolute steal for the T'Wolves. If the Twolves throw in a 1st rounder, then its okay.

Sox Appeal
12-08-2008, 01:06 AM
IF this trade does end up happening, it would be an absolute STEAL from the Wolves perspective. They would be giving up a pair of mediocre players, and in return they would be getting one of the most complete forwards in the game today.

Wallace (IMO) could end up being one of the missing pieces for this Wolves team. They obviously have the 1-2 combination of Love-Jefferson, they have a spot up shooter in Miller, a solid perimeter player (potentially) in Wallace, the only thing I see missing from them is a stand - out PG.

king4day
12-08-2008, 01:22 AM

Same here. I thought it was Felton though. Didn't hear anything about Wallace.
It was basically laughed off.

uptownfan
12-08-2008, 01:24 AM
T-Wolves got a good looking staring lineup on paper

KobeIs
12-08-2008, 01:24 AM
Man that would be a steal.

Testaverde16
12-08-2008, 01:26 AM
They can definitely do better.... great deal for the wolves.

superkegger
12-08-2008, 01:30 AM
IF this trade does end up happening, it would be an absolute STEAL from the Wolves perspective. They would be giving up a pair of mediocre players, and in return they would be getting one of the most complete forwards in the game today.

Wallace (IMO) could end up being one of the missing pieces for this Wolves team. They obviously have the 1-2 combination of Love-Jefferson, they have a spot up shooter in Miller, a solid perimeter player (potentially) in Wallace, the only thing I see missing from them is a stand - out PG.

While I agree it would be a great trade for the wolves, and mike spark the exit of mike miller, I don't see gforce as the piece that will solve their problems. Don't get me wrong, he would probably help them win more games, but he isn't the piece they need to complete the puzzle. I mean, you gotta think long term here with the wolves. He doesn't plug the holes at C or PG, he adds athleticism yes, and it would allow for more versatility, but I really feel like they need to address their PG problem to see any real impact in the W departments.

ryguy2k7
12-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Fire Wittman. Make the trade. Draft a PG. Hire Saunders next year.

that's what i'm talkin' about.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-08-2008, 01:35 AM
wish G Force would go to the Nuggets!

superkegger
12-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Fire Wittman. Make the trade. Draft a PG. Hire Saunders next year.

that's what i'm talkin' about.

no way flip comes back. no way.

They should go after Sam Mitchell though. Him or Eddie Jordan.

Thats of course presuming they fire wittman.

IMO, never should have fired dwayne casey.

thesparky33
12-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Wittman is as good as gone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3753352

FlawlessKB24
12-08-2008, 01:54 AM
I guess Larry Brown thinks that the formula for success in Charlotte is to recreate the '04 Tar Heels core > _>

Sean May, check.
Raymond Felton, check.
Rashad McCants, check.

all they need now is to trade for Marvin
lol

superkegger
12-08-2008, 01:58 AM
Wittman is as good as gone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3753352

I'll beleive it when it happens. Till then I really don't think firing wittman is the answer...but then again, maybe it is....but Mchale coaching again? ugh

I guess Larry Brown thinks that the formula for success in Charlotte is to recreate the '04 Tar Heels core > _>

Sean May, check.
Raymond Felton, check.
Rashad McCants, check.

all they need now is to trade for Marvin
lol

lol, totally forgot about that. who else was on that team?

thesparky33
12-08-2008, 02:01 AM
I'll beleive it when it happens. Till then I really don't think firing wittman is the answer...but then again, maybe it is....but Mchale coaching again? ugh

I didnt think firing Wittman was the answer either, but after watching every game so far this season, I just still am puzzled by the decisions he makes, and even the Wolves broadcast team has started to challenge his decisions, which is never a good sign lol. He started Kevin Ollie the last 2 games for goodness sake...

superkegger
12-08-2008, 02:16 AM
I didnt think firing Wittman was the answer either, but after watching every game so far this season, I just still am puzzled by the decisions he makes, and even the Wolves broadcast team has started to challenge his decisions, which is never a good sign lol. He started Kevin Ollie the last 2 games for goodness sake...

They need to simplify things, bring the chemistry up and get these guys playing fundamental ball. And those are things wittman hasn't done, so I guess firing him makes sense. But I want to make the distinction that its not because they're losing he should be fired, but because of how they're playing and how he's coaching.

Kings Faithful
12-08-2008, 03:22 AM
I'm pretty sure this aint happening...theres alot of teams that can use Gerald's skills and i doubt their are just gonna let the wolves get away with a steal like that.

superkegger
12-08-2008, 03:27 AM
I'm pretty sure this aint happening...theres alot of teams that can use Gerald's skills and i doubt their are just gonna let the wolves get away with a steal like that.

remember whos pulling the strings here though. MJ. If it doesn't make sense to us, it probably does to him. Which means its a bad move. :sigh:

WolvesFan08
12-08-2008, 03:41 AM
Make it happen McFail :clap:

Sport
12-08-2008, 03:59 AM
no way flip comes back. no way.

They should go after Sam Mitchell though. Him or Eddie Jordan.

Thats of course presuming they fire wittman.

IMO, never should have fired dwayne casey.

Its been talked about, and he does live in the area.

Not saying he will, nor do I think he would come back and coach this wolves team, but the possibility seems to be out there.

I think Sam Mitchell will be looked at, seeing how he is a former Wolf.

Durant is hype
12-08-2008, 11:20 AM
If the 2009 1st round pick is included in the deal,Bobcats win it because even with Wallace Wolves aren't going to make any huge noise and Wallace isn't a first option,the Bobcats really lack a star and if they can somehow land top 5 lottery they can either trade it for a star or draft a top 5 prospect.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Randy Foye
Mike Miller
Gerald Wallace
Kevin Love
Al Jeffersonthey still need a center al will florish into a all star if they can keep him at the pf.

Sport
12-08-2008, 11:52 AM
they still need a center al will florish into a all star if they can keep him at the pf.

I agree.

Jefferson cant be a center.

GunFactor187
12-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I think this trade benefits MIN more than CHA, if G-Force goes to MIN both Mike Miller and Gerald could swing between SG and SF which makes it all the more versatile it'll make MIN.

thesparky33
12-08-2008, 01:24 PM
I agree.

Jefferson cant be a center.

He's been putting up 20 and 10 this season and all of last, and he's been playing center the whole time, besides maybe a handful of games. I think he's able to play the position lol.

JordansBulls
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM
nydailynews (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2008/12/06/2008-12-06_david_sterns_nba_holds_fire_on_weapons_w.html)

Terrible deal for the Bobcats. What are they trying to do, put the 2005 national championship UNC team together?

McCants, Felton, and May.

SouljahPhil...
12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Terrible deal for the Bobcats. What are they trying to do, put the 2005 national championship UNC team together?

McCants, Felton, and May.

that's what came to my mind also...Maybe they should find jawad and sign him plus trade for marvin...

Hawkeye15
12-08-2008, 01:58 PM
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/charlotte.htm
The Bobcats have so much money committed for the next 3 years, this is a salary dump. They are a bad team, with high dollar, long term contracts. And Mohammed and Carrol aren't attractive at all. The Wolves should offer McCants, Collins, and a conditional first round pick.

Mauersota
12-08-2008, 02:03 PM
He's been putting up 20 and 10 this season and all of last, and he's been playing center the whole time, besides maybe a handful of games. I think he's able to play the position lol.

Him scoring is only half of it, defense is the other half.

This is how other centers have done against us the past 4 games

Camby 12 points, 19 rebounds
Lopez a rookie 11 points, 10 rebounds
Howard 23 points, 14 rebounds
Okafor 24 points, 10 rebounds with Jefferson getting 8 points that game

Take out Lopez since he is a rookie and those are some big numbers, Al really doesn't shut anyone down like what Okafor did to him.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Him scoring is only half of it, defense is the other half.

This is how other centers have done against us the past 4 games

Camby 12 points, 19 rebounds
Lopez a rookie 11 points, 10 rebounds
Howard 23 points, 14 rebounds
Okafor 24 points, 10 rebounds with Jefferson getting 8 points that game

Take out Lopez since he is a rookie and those are some big numbers, Al really doesn't shut anyone down like what Okafor did to him.

exactly right. We could REALLY use a center who is a defender and rebounder for 25 mpg. We are so small.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 02:21 PM
If the Bobcats are trying to dump salary...they should be looking to dump Jason Richardson's contract.

JakeDelbreezy
12-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I wish the Wolves and their fans all the best....but as a Bobcats fan I can only pray MJ doesn't make this trade. It does nothing to benefit the Cats. And we already have a team littered with young players....picking up another draft pick only sets the team even further back while having to wait on whoever that young guy is to "possibly" develop.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm going to take my own advice and just not try to understand what MJ is doing...

thesparky33
12-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, first time I heard of this rumor, I immediately thought "Derek's gonna be pissed lol".

Hawkeye15
12-08-2008, 02:46 PM
If the Bobcats are trying to dump salary...they should be looking to dump Jason Richardson's contract.

3 years, $40 million. Nobody will want to touch that. Wallace is far more attractive. Okafor too, but I don't think they want to part with him.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah, first time I heard of this rumor, I immediately thought "Derek's gonna be pissed lol".

Well, I wouldn't say pissed...but I just don't get it. Gerald Wallace seems like a Larry Brown type of player. And MJ has been wanting to ship him out since at least this offseason. It's been said that MJ wants to free up room at the SF spot so Adam Morrison can start...:confused: Adam Morrison is terrible...I wanted Brandon Roy in that draft, it made sense....we needed a SG at the time (it was before we traded for J-Rich)

In hindsight...here's the perfect thing for MJ to do...

2006: Draft Brandon Roy
2007: Draft Spencer Hawes at #8 instead of trading the pick for Jason Richardson.

Then you have this...
Raymond Felton/Brandon Roy/Gerald Wallace/Emeka Okafor/Spencer Hawes

Now there is a promising young team. But hindsight is 20/20.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, I wouldn't say pissed...but I just don't get it. Gerald Wallace seems like a Larry Brown type of player. And MJ has been wanting to ship him out since at least this offseason. It's been said that MJ wants to free up room at the SF spot so Adam Morrison can start...:confused: Adam Morrison is terrible...I wanted Brandon Roy in that draft, it made sense....we needed a SG at the time (it was before we traded for J-Rich)

In hindsight...here's the perfect thing for MJ to do...

2006: Draft Brandon Roy
2007: Draft Spencer Hawes at #8 instead of trading the pick for Jason Richardson.

Then you have this...
Raymond Felton/Brandon Roy/Gerald Wallace/Emeka Okafor/Spencer Hawes

Now there is a promising young team.

The Wolves could be
Roy
Mayo
Granger
Garnett
Whomever

Bench-Marion, Smith, Thornton, etc.
Every team makes mistakes.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
The Wolves could be
Roy
Mayo
Granger
Garnett
Whomever

Bench-Marion, Smith, Thornton, etc.
Every team makes mistakes.

I realize that...but the Bobcats have made more than most teams in their short time as an NBA team. Adam Morrison picked at #3 is probably one of the more ******** picks I have seen in the past 5 years. Don't get me started on picking Sean May...

superkegger
12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Its been talked about, and he does live in the area.

Not saying he will, nor do I think he would come back and coach this wolves team, but the possibility seems to be out there.

I think Sam Mitchell will be looked at, seeing how he is a former Wolf.

Well with Mchale now coaching, I think he'll get this year as well as next...Glen Taylor hasn't fired him yet, I don't see him being hasty to do so now...

Yeah, but no one really wants Jrich...people crave gforce though.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Well with Mchale now coaching, I think he'll get this year as well as next...Glen Taylor hasn't fired him yet, I don't see him being hasty to do so now...

Yeah, but no one really wants Jrich...people crave gforce though.

Exactly, and there's a reason why people want Wallace on their team...because he's good. So in conclusion...MJ, don't trade him for garbage like Rashad Mccants and freaking Jason or Jarron Collins.

jimbobjarree
12-08-2008, 02:54 PM
pretty stupid move by the Bobcats.

but if they want to be an even worse lottery team this year, thats up to them

superkegger
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Exactly, and there's a reason why people want Wallace on their team...because he's good. So in conclusion...MJ, don't trade him for garbage like Rashad Mccants and freaking Jason or Jarron Collins.

yeah. But with as cash strapped as they are, I can't say this is surprising.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
pretty stupid move by the Bobcats.

but if they want to be an even worse lottery team this year, thats up to them

Yeah, and knowing them they will draft Ricky Rubio or Brandon Jennings, while keeping Augustine and Felton on the team. They could be trying to go for the Blake Griffin sweepstakes though.

eric1501
12-08-2008, 03:38 PM
This move would be the BEST move the T-Wolves have done in the history of their franchise since drafting Garnett. I can't wait for this to go through and for me to purchase my Gerald Wallace jersey immeadiatly. Telfair better be ready to give up #3. G-Force would instantly be our 2nd best player on our team.

eric1501
12-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Now with McHale in at head coach you would think he would start K-Love since he was in love with him since the draft. The only problem with this is if we do draft a PG in the draft then where does Foye go?

PG Jennings/Telfair
SG Miller/Foye
SF Wallace/Brewer
PF Love/Gomes
C Jefferson

I guess that would be a deep team but I don't think Foye coming off the bench would be a good thing. But who knows that might be the type of role he needs.

Or we could just draft my boy Stephen Curry and roll like this:

PG Foye/Telfair
SG Miller/Curry
SF Wallace/Brewer
PF Love/Gomes
C Jefferson

I think bringing a guy like Stephen Curry off the bench would be nuts. Instant scoring to a team that needs it despertly.

WSU Tony
12-08-2008, 03:47 PM
This hasn't even gone though, has it?

WSU Tony
12-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Now with McHale in at head coach you would think he would start K-Love since he was in love with him since the draft. The only problem with this is if we do draft a PG in the draft then where does Foye go?

PG Jennings/Telfair
SG Miller/Foye
SF Wallace/Brewer
PF Love/Gomes
C Jefferson

I guess that would be a deep team but I don't think Foye coming off the bench would be a good thing. But who knows that might be the type of role he needs.

Or we could just draft my boy Stephen Curry and roll like this:

PG Foye/Telfair
SG Miller/Curry
SF Wallace/Brewer
PF Love/Gomes
C Jefferson

I think bringing a guy like Stephen Curry off the bench would be nuts. Instant scoring to a team that needs it despertly.

How about we don't take a guy who might not be drafed in the top 10 with our surely top 5 pick. I wish Rubio would come out, seriously.

PG Rubio/Telfair
SG Miller/Foye
SF Wallace/Brewer
PF Love/Gomes
C Jefferson

:drool:

(Trade picks and players for this draft....)
Jennings
Miller/Foye
Wallace
Jefferson/Love
Thabeet

superkegger
12-08-2008, 03:52 PM

no, its only a rumor at this point.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 03:55 PM

No, it's a rumor. And there was another rumor involving the Bobcats and Timberwolves, with the same things coming to the Bobcats but replace Gerald Wallace with Raymond Felton.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10784

And...the Bobcats have reportedly shot that deal down. So if they didn't do the same trade for Felton...why would they do it for Wallace? I think both of the rumors are BS.

eric1501
12-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Tony...do you honestly think we would draft Curry top 5? We have potentially 4 1st rounders and I know you know this. And I GUARNTEE that Currys stock does eventually go to at LEAST top 10. Mark my words. Almost like you saying Howard couldn't get 30 and 20 in a game. The next day he had 28 and 23.

eric1501
12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
RUBIO IS NOT COMING OUT THIS YEAR EITHER TONY! Get over it.

eric1501
12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
And if we land Jennings and Thabeet we have just as good of a chance to get whoever in the top 5 and Curry then. But I don't think either will happen.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Tony...do you honestly think we would draft Curry top 5? We have potentially 4 1st rounders and I know you know this. And I GUARNTEE that Currys stock does eventually go to at LEAST top 10. Mark my words. Almost like you saying Howard couldn't get 30 and 20 in a game. The next day he had 28 and 23.

I have a feeling Stephen Curry may be another Quincy Douby (or a better version of him) I remember when Douby was at Rutgers he looked insane, just like Curry does now.

Douby at Rugers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS4lxyN6k4o&feature=related

eric1501
12-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Ok press conference about to start. Tune in local fans to FSN.

eric1501
12-08-2008, 04:01 PM
I have a feeling Stephen Curry may be another Quincy Douby (or a better version of him) I remember when Douby was at Rutgers he looked insane, just like Curry does now.

Douby at Rugers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS4lxyN6k4o&feature=related

I'll remember you said that.:D

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I'll remember you said that.:D

I never said he would be...just wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I hope Curry does well, it's just tough to be a 6'2 combo guard in the NBA. The Kings tried to convert Douby to a PG, and it just didn't work. And now he's riding the bench. I only make the comparison because both players lit it up in college and went to smaller schools, and their body types are similar.

eric1501
12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
LOL! Wittmans overall coaching record 100-207.

eric1501
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I never said he would be...just wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I hope Curry does well, it's just tough to be a 6'2 combo guard in the NBA. The Kings tried to convert Douby to a PG, and it just didn't work. And now he's riding the bench. I only make the comparison because both players lit it up in college and went to smaller schools, and their body types are similar.

I agree with you there. Everyone always will get on someone that is 6'2 trying to convert into the NBA. Point is some do make that transition and some don't obviously but Curry is one of those special players. Not to mention he is very unselfish which will be a key going into the league when you can score like he can.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 04:07 PM
I agree with you there. Everyone always will get on someone that is 6'2 trying to convert into the NBA. Point is some do make that transition and some don't obviously but Curry is one of those special players. Not to mention he is very unselfish which will be a key going into the league when you can score like he can.

People said the same thing about Douby. :D

superkegger
12-08-2008, 04:07 PM
LOL! Wittmans overall coaching record 100-207.

pretty terrible.

Looks like the gforce to minny, if it is to happen will be on hold for a bit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtR_X6vYDQmJPhrBNQrZa6e8vLYF?slug=ap-bobcats-wallace&prov=ap&type=lgns

Charlotte Bobcats starting small forward Gerald Wallace will not play against the Miami Heat following the death of his grandmother.

Wallace returned home to Alabama after Saturday’s loss to Cleveland and was not with team for Monday’s shootaround. A team official said Wallace should rejoin the club sometime this week.

eric1501
12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Sounds like McHale won't be an interim coach will take over "full-time"

tc2deuce
12-08-2008, 04:22 PM
please rename the bobcats the tar heels.....WHAT A FU**** JOKE!!!!!

LA_Raiders
12-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Randy Foye
Mike Miller
Gerald Wallace
Kevin Love
Al Jefferson

Dang, thats a good team....

But won't happen...Who can they give for GW???

eric1501
12-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Dang, thats a good team....

But won't happen...Who can they give for GW???

I guess just Shad McCants and Jason Collins. But I guarntee if this deal does happen we have to throw in one of our 1st rounders. I bet the 1st rounder will be Bostons. I feel that will even things out a little more but still the Wolves would be racking in big. We don't have enough room for all 4 1st rounders anyways.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I guess just Shad McCants and Jason Collins. But I guarntee if this deal does happen we have to throw in one of our 1st rounders. I bet the 1st rounder will be Bostons. I feel that will even things out a little more but still the Wolves would be racking in big. We don't have enough room for all 4 1st rounders anyways.

There is just no way the Cats do that...Boston's 1st rounder is basically a 2nd rounder. McCants, Collins, and a 2nd rounder for Wallace is pure lunacy.

superkegger
12-08-2008, 04:54 PM
There is just no way the Cats do that...Boston's 1st rounder is basically a 2nd rounder. McCants, Collins, and a 2nd rounder for Wallace is pure lunacy.

But it would be an effective salary dump...if that is indeed what the cats are after it works well....

JakeDelbreezy
12-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Wallace is arguably the Cats best/most popular player. Trading him for role players would further weaken an already weak fan base. This move makes so little sense that it's probably going to happen b/c that's how the Cat's operate. Even if they acquired a draft pick from Minny that would eventually be top 5 it wouldn't make me all that happy as a Bobcats fan. The Bobcats don't need anymore "young" guys to wait around on and develop....

jwin2005
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Personally I want to see the Charlotte Tar Heels assembled... they should get Marvin Williams through trade and draft Hansbrough and Ty Lawson with the draft picks MN is giving them for Wallace. win-win situation Charlotte fans. =]

thesparky33
12-08-2008, 05:28 PM
No, it's a rumor. And there was another rumor involving the Bobcats and Timberwolves, with the same things coming to the Bobcats but replace Gerald Wallace with Raymond Felton.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10784

And...the Bobcats have reportedly shot that deal down. So if they didn't do the same trade for Felton...why would they do it for Wallace? I think both of the rumors are BS.

Exactly. As much as I want to believe this, I really dont see any other website report anything about it. I think someone just saw that both teams were possibly shopping the players involved in the possible trade, and decided to put them together.

And especially since the Wolves have made a big splash in terms of coaching and GM changes today, it makes it even harder to believe that we'd make a trade so soon after IMO. This rumor is most likely dead.

jimbobjarree
12-08-2008, 05:28 PM
if they want a salary dump/big man they should trade him for Okur and Almond ;)

Hawkeye15
12-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Exactly. As much as I want to believe this, I really dont see any other website report anything about it. I think someone just saw that both teams were possibly shopping the players involved in the possible trade, and decided to put them together.

And especially since the Wolves have made a big splash in terms of coaching and GM changes today, it makes it even harder to believe that we'd make a trade so soon after IMO. This rumor is most likely dead.

do you really think any of our players outside Jefferson and Love may not be traded shortly? We are 4-15. We are terrible. McCants needs to go. He could be a good scorer in this league, but he is not a team player. Wallace will get traded this season. I can't see the Bobcats treading water, with all those long term deals, and he is the only attractive piece since they would never move Okafor. We may as well try and take advantage of the move.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2008, 08:32 PM
And as far as just "dumping" Gerald's contract...why would you ever do that with your best player? That would be like the Kings dumping Kevin Martin's contract for some expirings. It would be ********.

DenButsu
12-08-2008, 09:44 PM
IF there is any truth to this rumor (and I have absolutely no idea whether there is or not), but in spite of that the wheels seem to be turning so slowly that it's not growing any legs, one possible reason could be putting it on ice out of respect for a personal situation that Gerald is dealing with:

Charlotte's Gerald Wallace out against Heat

The Charlotte Bobcats will be without forward Gerald Wallace for tonight's game against the Miami Heat at AmericanAirlines Arena.

Due to a death in the family, Wallace did not join the team for its trip to South Florida, the Bobcats said.

His return date is pending funeral arrangements.

Wallace has appeared in each of the Bobcats' 20 games, averaging 15.3 points and 7.6 rebounds. He leads Charlotte in minutes played and scored 34 points on 11-of-16 shooting in a 100-87 victory over the Heat on Nov. 1 in Charlotte.sun-sentinel (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-heatout120808,0,7039093.story)

This is just pure speculation on my part, but if a trade actually is in the works something like this really could delay it.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2008, 09:49 PM
And as far as just "dumping" Gerald's contract...why would you ever do that with your best player? That would be like the Kings dumping Kevin Martin's contract for some expirings. It would be ********.

The thing is, they have $45 million guaranteed as far as 10-11', in 5 players. And they are treading water. Something has to give. Richardson, Mohammed, and Carrol's contracts are untradeable. They won't give up Okafor before Wallace, he is the odd man out. It is simply a numbers crunch, that is all.

mrblisterdundee
12-08-2008, 09:54 PM
I think Air Jordan's just inept enough to do it.

#1Mavericksfan
12-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I think Jordan is the best basketball player ever but he has to be the worst GM in the NBA right now along side Steve Kerr.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2008, 10:06 PM
I think Jordan is the best basketball player ever but he has to be the worst GM in the NBA right now along side Steve Kerr.

Hi, I am Kevin McHale, have we met?

La11
12-08-2008, 10:09 PM

WOW IF this Happens Charotte has brough together felton,sean may and maccants together Again. Now all they need to do is trade jason richardson for Marvin Williams and The Tarheel champions are back together again LOL PLEASE DO IT

La11
12-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi, I am Kevin McHale, have we met?

ON THE MONEY ON THAT ONE(bobcock is there too)...He made Ainge look like Albert Einstein