PDA

View Full Version : East Scout: 'Theus, Iavaroni And Wittman Are Next'

phlp_bj
12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
An unnamed scout for an Eastern Conference team believes that the recent firings of P.J. Carlesimo, Eddie Jordan and Sam Mitchell means that more coaches will get the axe.

"The number of people who've been fired already means that the next few guys that are teetering -- [Reggie] Theus, [Marc] Iavaroni, [Randy] Wittman -- will probably get axed soon, too. The earliness of the firings makes it easier for teams [to follow] because there's no surprise factor. It won't look like you're jumping off a cliff. But Minnesota probably has a little bit more patience being so young. It would be more dangerous for Wittman if he had a good veteran player or two to make more of a ruckus."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-081206-07

Hawkeye15
12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
With Sam Mitchell hitting the open market, Wittman is gone. Minnesota needs to chase Sam, and trade McCants, Collins, and a protected #1 for Gerald Wallace as fast as possible.

Ragun
12-07-2008, 09:07 PM
why are they quoting a scout? isnt he supposed to scout prospects and not head coaches?

sacgiants1213
12-07-2008, 09:09 PM
firing theus doesn't make any sense. the maloofs have placed unfair expectaions on this team; there's no way that any coach would make this team a playoff team. i don't really know what theus has done to deserve getting fired.

Ragun
12-07-2008, 09:29 PM
the thunder's management are ******** for firing carlissemo. its like they expect the team to be a playoff team. if kings fire theus...wow just wow.

lakers4sho
12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
the thunder's management are ******** for firing carlissemo. its like they expect the team to be a playoff team. if kings first theus...wow just wow.

How do you first a person? :confused:

Ragun
12-07-2008, 09:46 PM
i meant fire.

superkegger
12-07-2008, 09:49 PM
why are they quoting a scout? isnt he supposed to scout prospects and not head coaches?

one would think

the thunder's management are ******** for firing carlissemo. its like they expect the team to be a playoff team. if kings fire theus...wow just wow.

i actually agreed with the PJ firing. He might have good philosophies and schemes, but he simply isn't the right kind of coach for a team that young and untalented. He's not a players coach, he had lost their respect and trust. He screamed and berated them, and they weren't even close to competitive. He shouldn't have even been back for this year. But the only other coaches I can really see being fired and I could accept it as just would be Dunleavy and Don Nelson (though he won't, not a chance in hell).

Beno7500
12-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Theus in no way deserves to be fired. The Maloofs are being ****ing idiots.

boeknows
12-07-2008, 10:14 PM

Must be a Knicks scout.