PDA

View Full Version : You have to ask one team to the barnyard dance

Nexus
12-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Confused? Concerned? :laugh2: perfect.

You represent your home team. Teams are pairing off all around you, every team in playoff picture right now is pretty much gone. You have to ask one roster of players to join your roster of players to compete against these other paired off teams. I'm the Toronto Raptors, I've seen the pretty much every team I had my hopes on dissapear (McGrady, Artest, and Yao would have looked great in front of Parker, Moon, and O'Neal).

I'll choose the Warriors: addresses our needs at the wing spots, we address their needs at PF and injured PG. They can inject a little running and athleticism into our game. Plus, we'll take three time coach of the year Don Nelson to run the team. Our overall defence still wont be the best but, again, we address a lot of each other's needs on both ends of the floor

Calderon/Ellis
Crawford/Jackson/Parker
Maggette/Azubuike/Kapono/Moon
Bosh/Bargnani/Wright
Beidrins/O'Neal

PG - One takes care of the ball and passes first, one is run and gun/shoot first
SG - High Octane offence, great D from Jackson, solid D from Parker. Parker would do well with few minutes
SF - Deep mix of skills: Moon and Azubuike are very atheletic and could provide great D in the future. Kapono: not so great D but provides an outside game with his deadly shot. Solid D from Maggette when he's in the mood.
PF - Bosh gets some rest
C - Great combo, works out nicely if O'Neal gets injured

Overall, it slows down the Warriors a bit to maybe start thinking about some defence and speeds up the Raptors to maybe start thinking about some fast break points.

Who would be the best combination of teams? Which combo of teams wouldn't even make the playoffs against actual solo NBA teams?

innovator
12-07-2008, 12:00 PM
im confused

fredv
12-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Basically mix 2 teams?

Nexus
12-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Basically mix 2 teams?

You got it. Essentially, which team has strengths where your team has holes, and vise versa. Would the two teams style of play match? Would it help? Apologies, I shouldn't be creating threads after a wake and bake.

GSRaider
12-07-2008, 01:11 PM
warriors and toronto is a good combo...

ill go warriors and spurs. combine high scoring offense with a lock down defense.

PG. Tony P.
SG. Manu
SF. Jackson
PF. Duncan
C. Andris

6th. Crawford
7th Maggette

* Monta Ellis

PhillyLuver
12-07-2008, 01:46 PM
lakers and sixers

Miller
Kobe
Iguodala
Brand
Bynum

KH12
12-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Bulls and Spurs

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Manu Ginobili
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Drew Gooden
C: Tim Duncan

Bench:
Tony Parker
Ben Gordon
Roger Mason
Andres Nocioni
Tyrus Thomas
Joakim Noah
Kurt Thomas

_Sn1P3r_
12-07-2008, 02:02 PM
I say Miami and Raptors is a good one too. Miami gets a good center if healthy. Also, Raptors gets an explosive SG, a defensive SF and more depth off the bench.

C-O'Neal / Haslem
PF-Bosh / Beasley
SF-Marion / Bargs
SG-Wade / Parker / Cook
PG-Calderon / Chalmers / Quinn

Gmen824
12-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Celts and Suns,

pg- nash
sg- ray
sf- pierce
pf- kg
c - shaq

6th amare
7th barbosa
8th barnes

Faneik
12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Cetics & Hornets

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Pierce
PF: Garnett
C: Chandler

Key Bench Players: Rondo, Posey, Peja, Perkins, West.

82-0

SHONIE
12-07-2008, 10:07 PM
^David West???

Id say celts and suns though

Faneik
12-07-2008, 10:09 PM
^David West???

Id say celts and suns though

Forgot about him...

MooseWithFleas
12-07-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm confused, but I'll pick the sixers to come with me to a dance, cuz Reggie Evans will grab my sack

bostncelts34
12-07-2008, 11:18 PM
celtics and rockets.

Rondo/alston
Mcgrady/allen
pierce/artest
KG/scola
Yao/perkins

unstoppable

xSolidx
12-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Knicks and Thunder

Wont even post up the potential lineup, its just too good

unwantedplayer
12-07-2008, 11:23 PM
celtics and rockets.

Rondo/alston
Mcgrady/allen
pierce/artest
KG/scola
Yao/perkins

unstoppable

Allen would be better than T-Mac

Rondo/alston
ALLEN/T-MAC
pierce/artest
KG/scola
Yao/perkins

horry1ur
12-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Lakers and Celts

Rondo/Fisher

Kobe/Allen

Pierce/L.O/Ariza

K.G/Pau

Bynum/Perkins

98-0 (including playoffs)!
:speechless: Their Second string is better then most of the other starting line up

Lizard King
12-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Bulls/Lakers

Rose/Fisher
Bryant/Gordon
Deng/Nocioni
Gasol/Gooden
Bynum/Noah

superkegger
12-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Bulls and Spurs

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Manu Ginobili
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Drew Gooden
C: Tim Duncan

Bench:
Tony Parker
Ben Gordon
Roger Mason
Andres Nocioni
Tyrus Thomas
Joakim Noah
Kurt Thomas

Derrick Rose over Tony Parker?

:laugh:

I'm confused, but I'll pick the sixers to come with me to a dance, cuz Reggie Evans will grab my sack

:laugh: :laugh2:

I'd go with Lakers and nuggets

Chauncey/Fish
Kobe/sahsha
Melo/ariza/Kleiza
Pau/LO/Kmart
Bynum/Nene

Inactive
Farmar
Radman
JR Smith

theuuord
12-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Lakers and Celts

Rondo/Fisher

Kobe/Allen

Pierce/L.O/Ariza

K.G/Pau

Bynum/Perkins

98-0 (including playoffs)!
:speechless: Their Second string is better then most of the other starting line up

When you mix the two best teams in the league, that's actually not that surprising. They should be better than most starting lineups. :p

Also I'm pretty sure the guy said use teams that shouldn't be in the playoffs, so that takes them out... The point isn't just to mix two great teams, but find two below average to average teams that complement each other's weaknesses and make a great team out of it.

cegielskijastro
12-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Rockets and Spurs

C: Yao/Oberto
Pf: Duncan/Artest/Landry
Sf: Scola/Battier
Sg: McGrady/Manu
Pg: Parker/Alston/Brooks

The greatest defense in the history of defenses that are great.

KH12
12-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Derrick Rose over Tony Parker?

:laugh:

:rolleyes:

Tony Parker last year: 18.8 PPG, 49.4 FG%, 3.2 RPG, 6.0 APG, 0.8 SPG
Derrick Rose so far this year: 18.5 PPG, 49 FG%, 3.8 RPG, 6.0 APG, 1.2 SPG

superkegger
12-08-2008, 01:16 AM

Tony Parker last year: 18.8 PPG, 49.4 FG%, 3.2 RPG, 6.0 APG, 0.8 SPG
Derrick Rose so far this year: 18.5 PPG, 49 FG%, 3.8 RPG, 6.0 APG, 1.2 SPG

Derrick Rose is a rookie, and while talented, Tony Parker is the better player. Sure, the stats are comparable. But you're really going to take Derrick Rose over a Finals MVP in Tony Parker.

So we should take OJ Mayo

21.1 ppg 46.8% FG% 39% 3PT% 4.4 RPG 1.3 SPG

over Paul Pierce (last years regular season stats)

19.9 ppg 46.4% FG% 39.2% 3PT% 5.1 RPG 1.3 SPG

or over Brandon Roy (last year again)

19.1 ppg 45.4% FG% 34% 3PT% 4.7 RPG 1.1 SPG

Point is, yes, the stats are comparable, but no one is taking OJ Mayo over either of those guys, because they're proven talents, and proven winners. Especially Pierce, but hey by the numbers, lets start mayo.

KH12
12-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Derrick Rose is a rookie, and while talented, Tony Parker is the better player. Sure, the stats are comparable. But you're really going to take Derrick Rose over a Finals MVP in Tony Parker.

So we should take OJ Mayo

21.1 ppg 46.8% FG% 39% 3PT% 4.4 RPG 1.3 SPG

over Paul Pierce (last years regular season stats)

19.9 ppg 46.4% FG% 39.2% 3PT% 5.1 RPG 1.3 SPG

or over Brandon Roy (last year again)

19.1 ppg 45.4% FG% 34% 3PT% 4.7 RPG 1.1 SPG

Point is, yes, the stats are comparable, but no one is taking OJ Mayo over either of those guys, because they're proven talents, and proven winners. Especially Pierce, but hey by the numbers, lets start mayo.

Rose and TP are very comparable as players though, Rose is a winner too. He only lost 5 games in his athletic career before coming to the NBA... Oh, and the fact that TP is only 5 games back from a pretty rough injury.

Put Duncan and Manu next to Rose, and I'd like to see how Rose does especially when their very close statistically already.

ChokeTheGoat
12-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Hawks and Suns

Nash
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith
Amare
Shaq

Horford, Bibby, Barnes, Raja Bell, Marvin Williams, Diaw off the bench

superkegger
12-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Rose and TP are very comparable as players though, Rose is a winner too. He only lost 5 games in his athletic career before coming to the NBA... Oh, and the fact that TP is only 5 games back from a pretty rough injury.

Put Duncan and Manu next to Rose, and I'd like to see how Rose does especially when their very close statistically already.

Ok, that's legit. They are similar players, and Rose has been a winner in his pre-nba career. (though that doesn't really mean a ton as far as the NBA goes, but not the point) And while it would be fun to see what Rose would do with Manu and TD, when you put him over TP in the starting lineup, it looked like you thought he was a better player. And to me, at this point its just not even close. Rose is good and he sure is talented, but as far as being the better player, Parker clearly has the edge.

LAKERS 24/7
12-08-2008, 03:07 AM
I gotta tell you man, that's a weird way of phrasing the question

superkegger
12-08-2008, 03:22 AM
I gotta tell you man, that's a weird way of phrasing the question

New guy trying to make a name for himself.....

lavis
12-08-2008, 03:27 AM

LOL

Cracked me up. That Evans **** never gets tired :clap:

innovator
12-08-2008, 04:25 AM
lakers and nuggets really compliment each other

SensandRaps
12-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Cavs and Lakers
PG- Mo Williams-Derek Fisher
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Lebron James-Odom
PF- Pau Gasol-Varejao
C- Andrew Bynum-Big Z

this team is going 82-0 in the season and 16-0 in the playoffs. one team having kobe and lebron is just not fair.

KnicksorBust
12-08-2008, 12:56 PM
You're supposed to be mixing two bad teams and making them an elite team. :pity: Learn to read. I could cheat and right now use the Suns since they're technically the 9th seed by percentage points but I'll try and be creative and mix my Knicks (8th seed baby) with the Bobcats. Keep D'Antoni as coach and run and gun with this lineup:

PG - Duhon / Felton
SG - J-Rich / Nate
SF - Gerald Wallace / Chandler
PF - Harrington / Chandler
C - Okafor / Lee

Duhon and Felton have been great distributors, there's plenty of shooters for Mike D, and finally the Knicks would have an interior prescense.