PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Randolph dunks on Yao twice

CrowninMe
12-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Anthony Randolph is getting sicker by the day. He thrashed Yao twice last night and is looking like the real deal. He could easily be an all-star someday in the future..:jumpy:

http://hoopsoup.com/2008/12/06/anthony-randolph-dunks-on-yao-twice/

goku
12-06-2008, 09:15 PM
yup he's a nice player and has a future but shouldn't have stared yao down cause yao dropped 19 on him in the 4th qtr

Beno7500
12-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't think it is that hard for players to dunk on Yao. He just stands there. But those dunks were pretty sick, especially the tip dunk.

superkegger
12-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't think it is that hard for players to dunk on Yao. He just stands there.

Yeah, Yao is not a shot blocker, hes just tall. And its cool for Randolph, but didn't Yao drop like 33 on the game?

Wilson
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Ugh, a technical foul for tauting. The NBA has gone so soft...

AsfanSince99
12-06-2008, 09:26 PM
yup he's a nice player and has a future but shouldn't have stared yao down cause yao dropped 19 on him in the 4th qtr

Thank You, and who won the damn game, while your boy got teed up for taunting.. lol and of course it went down hill from there with Nellie and Jax's ejections.

BarryIsInnocent
12-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Randolph is a 6'10'' small forward or PF. He should never be gaurding yao. He does block shots and rebound likea center, but was outweighed by 140 lbs by yao. Hes going to be awesome to watch with monta ellis in the years to come

superkegger
12-06-2008, 09:27 PM

Kinda lame yeah.

But ugh, a player acting all hard *** and yelling at a player clearly better than him after getting the better of him on a tip in dunk.

oldenpolynice
12-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Anthony Randolph is getting sicker by the day. He thrashed Yao twice last night and is looking like the real deal. He could easily be an all-star someday in the future..:jumpy:

Wow. That second dunk was a monster. Somebody get Yao some warm milk so he doesn't have nightmares.

goku
12-06-2008, 09:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fEJ4CNTxo
show the one with artest smashin on ronny

IndiansFan337
12-06-2008, 09:50 PM

That second dunk was awesome. The first was just a normal NBA play, IMO.

I can't believe that he got a T for that. That was ridiculous.

The CrucifiXioN
12-06-2008, 09:55 PM
I bet you if he weren't a rookie, they wouldn't have t'd him up like that.

GSRaider
12-06-2008, 10:21 PM

+1

randolph a beast.

t-mac1nukka
12-06-2008, 10:29 PM
why do you all like the second one more??? tip dunks are easier!!

Hustla23
12-06-2008, 10:38 PM
lmao at Randolph's face after he dunked on Yao. He gives him a face like he just killed his sister or something.

If I were Yao I would have seriously smacked the living crap outta him.

No way a rookie taunts a Vet like that.

handbanana55
12-06-2008, 10:52 PM
are you kidding me everybody dunks on yao

Weezy
12-06-2008, 10:57 PM

Thats a sick sig my dude

codes238
12-06-2008, 11:13 PM
yao abolutely destroyed him after those dunks and his team lost by 20... the only thing that guy has showed me so far is that he's the next stromile swift so yea golden state should be ecstatic about this kid...

Kyben36
12-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Yao's D is terible. He doesnt even jump. the only reason he is better than Eddie Curry is his extra 6 inches.

unwantedplayer
12-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Yao's D is terible. He doesnt even jump. the only reason he is better than Eddie Curry is his extra 6 inches.

I agree. He's overrated for his def. Hes 7 ft and cant block a shot for his life.

superkegger
12-06-2008, 11:39 PM
yao abolutely destroyed him after those dunks and his team lost by 20... the only thing that guy has showed me so far is that he's the next stromile swift so yea golden state should be ecstatic about this kid...

hey stro has had a couple good games in his career.

FOBolous
12-06-2008, 11:41 PM

Yao's D is terrible? are you serious? is his terrible D the reason why he gets the better of Shaq over half the time when him and Shaq play against each other back when Shaq was still good? is his terrible D the reason why he gets the better of Dwight Howard every time they play againstt each other? is his terrible D the reason why he averaged 2 blocks two straight years last year and the year before that, 1.6 blocks this year, and close to 2 blocks for his career?

the reason why Yao doesn't jump on defense because he tends to get into foul trouble whenever he jumps due to his size...think about it...a 6'6" players driving to the hoop looking to dunk, than a 7'6" 310 player jump up to try to stop the dunk and they collide...who's going to get the worse of the collision? who's going get the foul call?

plus Yao's a center so he's almost always inside the circle on defense to contest shots and when you're inside the circle, you can't jump. the instant you jump and you and the other player and you hit each other, you get a foul call on you. and you know what? it's ok...because Yao Ming has excellent anticipation...his anticipation ability along with his height means he doesn't have to jump to get blocks which leads to him averaging 2 blocks a game.

Yao's bad on defense? funniest thing i heard all day.

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 11:44 PM
I had to look up who Anthony Randolph was :laugh2:
boy I'll never do that again scary pics :p

The CrucifiXioN
12-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Thats a sick sig my dude
Thank you. :)

t-mac1nukka
12-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Yao's D is terrible? are you serious? is his terrible D the reason why he gets the better of Shaq over half the time when him and Shaq play against each other back when Shaq was still good? is his terrible D the reason why he gets the better of Dwight Howard every time they play againstt each other? is his terrible D the reason why he averaged 2 blocks two straight years last year and the year before that, 1.6 blocks this year, and close to 2 blocks for his career?

the reason why Yao doesn't jump on defense because he tends to get into foul trouble whenever he jumps due to his size...think about it...a 6'6" players driving to the hoop looking to dunk, than a 7'6" 310 player jump up to try to stop the dunk and they collide...who's going to get the worse of the collision? who's going get the foul call?

plus Yao's a center so he's almost always inside the circle on defense to contest shots and when you're inside the circle, you can't jump. the instant you jump and you and the other player and you hit each other, you get a foul call on you. and you know what? it's ok...because Yao Ming has excellent anticipation...his anticipation ability along with his height means he doesn't have to jump to get blocks which leads to him averaging 2 blocks a game.

Yao's bad on defense? funniest thing i heard all day.

no his terrible d is the reason we were torched against utah a couple years ago. he has no defense against mobile centers. kg torches him, boozer, harrington, and basically everyone else who has a midrange shot. the two guys you named just so happen to be two great centers with ZERO range.

however i think he has progressed by leaps. he changes lots of layups from guards. him getting dunked on just shows that hes willing to contest shots rather than letting people have free lanes.

Beno7500
12-07-2008, 01:03 AM

I know that is what I was saying. You can't do anything anymore.

Beno7500
12-07-2008, 01:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fEJ4CNTxo
show the one with artest smashin on ronny

Daaayyyamm!!

lakers4sho
12-07-2008, 01:18 AM
no his terrible d is the reason we were torched against utah a couple years ago. he has no defense against mobile centers. kg torches him, boozer, harrington, and basically everyone else who has a midrange shot. the two guys you named just so happen to be two great centers with ZERO range.

however i think he has progressed by leaps. he changes lots of layups from guards. him getting dunked on just shows that hes willing to contest shots rather than letting people have free lanes.

Add Pau to that list as well. We all saw (or at least people who were able to watch) how Pau dominated Yao during the Olympics.

goku
12-07-2008, 01:26 AM
Add Pau to that list as well. We all saw (or at least people who were able to watch) how Pau dominated Yao during the Olympics.

that was one game yao normaly donimates pau gasol yao team also sucked which made it easier to double him

Theanswer76
12-07-2008, 02:03 AM
hahah this is a reply to this thread. Yao owns randolph! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odtMhdUpPAA

BarryIsInnocent
12-07-2008, 02:26 AM
The officiating in that game was a joke. Rockets must have paid joe crawford

t-mac1nukka
12-07-2008, 02:29 AM
no gsw's defense is the joke!!!! back to back 130 point games?? pfffft

FOBolous
12-07-2008, 04:43 AM

ummm...all those players you listed our PFs...just a fyi :) but yeea...Yao does have trouble guarding a PF when he get switched up to them outside of the post...that's what happened in Utah..Yao always ended up on Boozer outside of the post than Boozer just blow right by him. but i like to see any of those PFs try to go up against Yao in the post...let's see what happen than

JayW_1023
12-07-2008, 08:44 AM
It seems people want to dunk on Yao to get some recognition. Way to put emphasis on a flashy play and forget the fact that Yao abused Golden States frontcourt all night that game.

One highlight reel and Randolph is 'suddenly the real deal'. Don't make me laugh.

CrowninMe
12-07-2008, 09:21 AM
OP: What I meant was Randolph could be the real deal. I mean he's a real deal as a goooood draft pick. I watch every warrior game and he is showing flashes of greatness, but yes he has a ways to go. He is a fun player to watch though, always dunking on people and blocking the ball into the stands.:clap:

J-Relo
12-07-2008, 09:23 AM
c'mon it's Yao... just some tall guy...

and that skiny boy Randolph should get some muscules, cause you better not try to do smth like that against D12...

{}
12-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Hilarious. A scrawny nobody with a disproportionate sized bobble head reacting as if he won the lottery after dunking. The giant awakens and drops 19pts on bobble head in the 4th. Good move rookie, hope you're not as stupid as you look and managed to learn a lesson.

goku
12-07-2008, 11:37 AM
The officiating in that game was a joke. Rockets must have paid joe crawford

your defense is a joke yall couldnt guard an 5 yr olds

i DJ LALA i
12-07-2008, 12:36 PM
nothin special really Yao wasn't even near that play on the second dunk .. but guess he wanted to show boat a bit with that taunting .. its funny really cuz he got a different look when Tim Thomas dunk'd on him a week ago ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZWreUpISqc ..

AirJordanXVIII
12-07-2008, 01:18 PM
It seems people want to dunk on Yao to get some recognition. Way to put emphasis on a flashy play and forget the fact that Yao abused Golden States frontcourt all night that game.

One highlight reel and Randolph is 'suddenly the real deal'. Don't make me laugh.

Thats very true, but just try to enjoy it :D

JJ81
12-07-2008, 02:48 PM
The first dunk was awesome. That staredown was stupid, it set Yao off to score 19 in the 4th.:clap: