PDA

View Full Version : Gary Payton is the DUMBEST analyst on TV today

ProdigyI
12-06-2008, 08:51 PM
I have NBATV and watch him sometimes when he's on. He's so dumb, there are literally 3 or 4 times a broadcast when i literally yell out "WHAT THE ****?!" He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. There was one time after the Bulls loss to the Sixers in overtime, where they got done with the highlights and Payton was like " Yeah man Rose doesn't show up late in games" Truth is the Ball was going to Rose on every possesion late in the game and he's the reason the Bulls went to Overtime. The highlights didnt show that and there goes Payton running his mouth. I don't care which NBA team you root for, DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING GARY PAYTON SAYS ON TELEVISION. HE IS A CHARLES BARKLEY WANNA BE.

ARMIN12NBA
12-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Charles can give good insight at times though. He just flip flops a lot.

Hustla23
12-06-2008, 09:12 PM
lol is every NBA player's dream to become an analyst after retirement?

Charles is ridiculous. I love that man. TNT wouldn't be the same without him.

superkegger
12-06-2008, 09:17 PM
This is the first month of Gary's broadcasting career, he's getting better. But Chuck is the man. I don't care if he says some really stupid **** sometimes, hes hilarious, and he often hits it right on the head.

Wilson
12-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I've only seen Gary Payton once as an analyst, during the Lakers-Pacers game, and I thought he was really bad. All he really did was shout something, and Ahmad and Webber would start fake-laughing for a while. Not very good television.

Charles Barkley is the man though, he's a lot funnier than Payton.

DamnGoat
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Barkley is at least funny, GP sounds borderline ******** when you listen to him try to put a sentence together.

Wake's Fastball
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I don't know. I think C-Webb and Payton aren't terrible together. He's also a first-ballot HOF guard, so I'd listen to his opinion before most anyone else.

superkegger
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't know. I think C-Webb and Payton aren't terrible together. He's also a first-ballot HOF guard, so I'd listen to his opinion before most anyone else.

Thats true. And I think he'll eventually get the hang of it. I think though that Gary is trying to be their Barkley....

But Bill Walton is a Hall of Famer, and he still says some of the dumbest **** known to man. And not like goof up, mispoke kind of dumb, but flat out moronic statements about basketball and basketball players.

GunFactor187
12-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I don't know about him as an analyst, but I sure do miss him playing during his prime. :( :( :(

IndiansFan337
12-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I saw a report saying that he is the "next Barkley" and that he always is mispronouncing players' names.

Barkley is funny, and at times he does say things that make you wonder how this guy could have his current job. I have not seen Payton as an announcer, but I have heard things he said while he was a player. And he does occasionally make comments prematurely. So I can definitely see where the similarities between the two come from.

codes238
12-06-2008, 11:11 PM
yea gary's knowledge of the current game and players is lacking but itll get better... he's funny as hell though! and i actually find the whole show really entertaining to watch... c-webb knows his stuff...

NYMetros
12-06-2008, 11:13 PM
This is the first month of Gary's broadcasting career, he's getting better. But Chuck is the man. I don't care if he says some really stupid **** sometimes, hes hilarious, and he often hits it right on the head.

Agreed. Like many other jobs, it takes a little getting used to.

Anthony Flores
12-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Gary Paytons is funny Brodcasting u could tell hes new at it

lakers4sho
12-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Don't have NBAtv

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 11:46 PM
he is gonna go to your house and steal something for saying that :cool:

MOHA
12-06-2008, 11:52 PM
lol I think Ahmad Rashad is funny.

AirJordanXVIII
12-06-2008, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umkSmzILKU

I kno its old, but I LOVE IT.

unwantedplayer
12-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Don't call Gary Payton a Charles wannabe. Sir Charles is unique. He is the main reason why I watch halftimes on TNT. And isn't it every players dream to be an analyst or some type of employee that has to do something with the sport they play?

superkegger
12-07-2008, 12:01 AM

:laugh:

I never get tired of that one either.

The Blue Baller
12-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I have a hard time believing anyone is dumber than Emmitt Smith

Beach Rock
12-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Both Gary and Cwebb are brutal. I thought they were just bad until I watched them a few days back and CWeb thought that San Antonio played in the finals last year...when he was second guessed by Ahmad, Gary couldn't tell him if they played in the Semi's even. I can't watch them now. Dumb and awkward commentary.

Wilson
12-07-2008, 02:40 AM

:laugh2:

Charles is the man

Lakersfan2483
12-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Payton is one of the worst analysts I have seen, he needs to be fired...

Faneik
12-07-2008, 06:36 AM

AH AH AH. Charles saying "That was good. That was good."

Gotta love Charles.

CrowninMe
12-07-2008, 09:23 AM
You dissin GP? Come on, don't diss the legend. He can't be THAT bad.:o

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 09:28 AM
lol is every NBA player's dream to become an analyst after retirement?

Charles is ridiculous. I love that man. TNT wouldn't be the same without him.

No probably not but when your not in the League anymore and making that money for playing a kids game its easy to just show up on some NBA TV show for a lot of money and talk about a kids game. Like Payton cares about saying something intelligent to make you happy? Like he wants to be the next Steve Berman an be an entertaining analyst? NO.

{}
12-07-2008, 09:39 AM
...bring back Tim Hardaway. At least he makes stupid comments which are actually entertaining, and he is capable of articulating and comprehending whats happening on the court during the game.

Barkley's more annoying and untalented than Paulie Shore and Tom Arnold. He's basically a black male version of Rosanne. Easy to understand Magic wanting to leave the TNT show.

JordansBulls
12-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Payton just talks trash on NBA TV.

mjt20mik
12-07-2008, 12:28 PM
At times, i have no clue what Gary is even saying lol. Charles knows his stuff, and the way he delivers it, is in a very frank way.

For Charles and Kenny, Goodnight, and I'm a Dumb *** LOL.

Wake's Fastball
12-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I have a hard time believing anyone is dumber than Emmitt Smith

Shannon Sharpe?

shatty
12-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Thank u him and webber r the worst ever i once saw them joke around 4 an entire highlit pakage it was like 3 min and they didnt talk about what was goin on in the ighlites once