PDA

View Full Version : Zach randolph for tim thomas

NANDOKNICK
12-06-2008, 11:37 AM
What do you really think ? Zach can play with the
big boys. Tim thomas has always been a ***** cat.

codes238
12-06-2008, 11:43 AM
the knicks did it purely for the cap room... also randolph's stats are way better than his actual contribution to the team... its not a coincidence that he's never played for a winning team...
pretty stupid thread though, no offense, it should be in the knicks forum

Tblaze
12-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Zach Randolph is Elton Brand Part II

players that won't make you better, only themselves.

Hustla23
12-06-2008, 01:42 PM
We were winning with Randolph on our team....

If any of you watched him play under Mike, he was doing everything one can possibly ask him to do. Passing, hustling on defense, and of course vacuuming the boards.

I miss Zach :(

But of course this all leads to Lebron so its all good :)

codes238
12-06-2008, 01:44 PM
We were winning with Randolph on our team....

If any of you watched him play under Mike, he was doing everything one can possibly ask him to do. Passing, hustling on defense, and of course vacuuming the boards.

I miss Zach :(

But of course this all leads to Lebron so its all good :)

unless of course cleveland gets michael redd, lebron wins the next 2 championships in cleveland and decides to stay with his hometown that gave him everything, but of course that just doesnt make any sense, he's coming to the knicks to play with the mighty chris duhon for sure and everything is gonna be ok...

Ph1lly Diehard
12-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Zach Randolph is Elton Brand Part II

players that won't make you better, only themselves.

Elton Brand accually plays something called "defense" and if you knew anything he lead his team 1 game away from the WCF..

madiaz3
12-06-2008, 01:56 PM
the knicks did it purely for the cap room... also randolph's stats are way better than his actual contribution to the team... its not a coincidence that he's never played for a winning team...
pretty stupid thread though, no offense, it should be in the knicks forum

All true except for this stint of the season while he was on the knicks. He's proven without any folly that he can put up those stats and contribute to the team and win as a whole.

DamnGoat
12-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Elton Brand accually plays something called "defense" and if you knew anything he lead his team 1 game away from the WCF..
Other than that one season what has Brand done besides gobble up stats on bad teams?

I'd say Randolph is a pretty good comparison, minus the defense of course.

Tblaze
12-06-2008, 02:06 PM

I was aiming at his ability to score but not make his team any better doing so. And Brand might be a decent defender, he's still not a real inside presence and neither is zach.

IndyRealist
12-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Brand is limited by being 6'8" instead of 6'11". He'll never dominate inside, no matter how solid his game is.

Back to the point of the thread. The Knicks aren't trying to win. The Knicks aren't trying to win. The Knicks aren't trying to win. Why do people think they are? They want cap space. They want lottery picks. They want to be as attractive to 2010 free agents as possible *cough* Lebron James *cough*

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I was aiming at his ability to score but not make his team any better doing so. And Brand might be a decent defender, he's still not a real inside presence and neither is zach.

what are you talking about?

brand is a great defender. brand makes people better in the correct system. he took the clippers to the playoffs. i dont see how you are saying that brand isn't an inside presence. is dwight howard the only inside presence there is in the nba to you?

and zach doesn't play defense, but he is a huge inside presence. he gets doubled every single time down on the block. you have no idea what you are talking about with regards to elton and zach

superkegger
12-06-2008, 04:09 PM
unless of course cleveland gets michael redd, lebron wins the next 2 championships in cleveland and decides to stay with his hometown that gave him everything, but of course that just doesnt make any sense, he's coming to the knicks to play with the mighty chris duhon for sure and everything is gonna be ok...

redd isn't going to cleveland. no way. The bucks believe they can be competitive with this team they have, and well, they can. If healthy. They're not going to bail just quite yet on this team.

codes238
12-06-2008, 11:17 PM
redd isn't going to cleveland. no way. The bucks believe they can be competitive with this team they have, and well, they can. If healthy. They're not going to bail just quite yet on this team.

yea but if theyre still out fo the playoff picture by the dealine youre telling me they dont take a deal of wally's expiring, jj hickson, daniel gibson and 2 first rounders for redd and gadzuric's horrible contract?

unwantedplayer
12-06-2008, 11:38 PM
yea but if theyre still out fo the playoff picture by the dealine youre telling me they dont take a deal of wally's expiring, jj hickson, daniel gibson and 2 first rounders for redd and gadzuric's horrible contract?

That would be stupid. Both Hickson and Gibson have great potential, and Gibson is already a good player.

madiaz3
12-07-2008, 02:07 AM
zach plays defense now, at least for dantoni, hes only limited by his athleticism this time around, same reason he doesnt dunk it

SwaggaIke
12-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Zach has been pretty underrated this year. He was playing great ball in NY before the trade. I've only seen him once as a Clipper against Miami and he played one hell of a game.

ARMIN12NBA
12-07-2008, 04:12 AM

Cleveland is not Lebron's hometown. This is probably one of the biggest misconceptions out there.

SwaggaIke
12-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Cleveland is not Lebron's hometown. This is probably one of the biggest misconceptions out there.

But it is the most notable city in his area. Nobody really cares about Akron.