PDA

View Full Version : Glen "Big Baby" Davis Crying?

LeBrowns
12-06-2008, 03:23 AM
Anyone see this is on sportscenter? Big Baby is right.

nygiants242
12-06-2008, 03:24 AM
No, do you have a link?

number1nykfan25
12-06-2008, 03:26 AM
I wonder what KG said to piss him off so much he cried about it. Horrible he will never be able to live this down.

LeBrowns
12-06-2008, 03:27 AM
No, do you have a link?

its on sportscenter.....where would i get a link

codes238
12-06-2008, 03:36 AM
hahaha yea i watched that game... he really did look like a big baby... pretty pathetic... garnett's hilarius though

mjt20mik
12-06-2008, 03:45 AM
here you go..

http://ballhype.com/video/glen_big_baby_davis_crying_after_kevin_garnett_s/

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-06-2008, 03:53 AM
"Here comes the Whaa-bulance" LOL!

CHRISDODGERS
12-06-2008, 03:55 AM
That was pretty bad... sheesh your winning the game right?? That's all that matters...

marvILLous
12-06-2008, 04:07 AM
FAT BABY

haha!

LAKERS 24/7
12-06-2008, 04:53 AM
what is up with NBA players crying nowadays

robdizzle3
12-06-2008, 05:31 AM
First Wade,Now "Big Baby"

michaellui11
12-06-2008, 07:14 AM
that's why he's called big baby
he is BIG in size but still a baby

DenButsu
12-06-2008, 08:01 AM
I wonder what he's saying in that clip... probably something like, "I try so hard, and this is the thanks I get. Nothing's ever good enough for him. It's just not fair."

arlubas
12-06-2008, 08:28 AM
More like Glen "Cry Baby" Davis.

Mehh, who am I kidding, I love Glen since his LSU days so I can't really bash on him.

codes238
12-06-2008, 08:53 AM
its gonna be a while til he lives that down... im pretty sure he's gonna get taunted about it the whole year in the locker-room and by the fans (especially on the road)

SensandRaps
12-06-2008, 09:06 AM
wow i just saaw the clip lol he was crying. but u cant blame him garnett has been a major *** and has developed an ego since winning the championship even though the championship was won mainly because pierce

_Sn1P3r_
12-06-2008, 09:12 AM
What did Garnett say?!

codes238
12-06-2008, 09:16 AM
wow i just saaw the clip lol he was crying. but u cant blame him garnett has been a major *** and has developed an ego since winning the championship even though the championship was won mainly because pierce

thats a ******** statement right there, without garnett on that team the celtics probably wouldnt have even made the playoffs or if they did they wouldve been out in the first round... yea pierce got all the glory with the stats and big shots, but garnett's intensity and focus on defense kept them in all those games for pierce to finish... his 20 points and 10 rebounds in the playoffs didnt hurt either...
and if you used to watch basketball garnett's always been like this, people just didnt care when he was in minnesota, he's intense as hell and davis screwed up in this game and got chewed out, no reason to cry about it like some *****!
one thing i will say though is, and ive noticed this since minnesota days, is that he usually chews out younger guys or guys with no rep but wont say anythign to veterans and established players... youll never see him yell at pierce or allen and even in minnesota that last year when spree was being ******** and cassell didnt care anymore, he never used to say anything to them...

SensandRaps
12-06-2008, 09:24 AM
thats a ******** statement right there, without garnett on that team the celtics probably wouldnt have even made the playoffs or if they did they wouldve been out in the first round... yea pierce got all the glory with the stats and big shots, but garnett's intensity and focus on defense kept them in all those games for pierce to finish... his 20 points and 10 rebounds in the playoffs didnt hurt either...
and if you used to watch basketball garnett's always been like this, people just didnt care when he was in minnesota, he's intense as hell and davis screwed up in this game and got chewed out, no reason to cry about it like some *****!
one thing i will say though is, and ive noticed this since minnesota days, is that he usually chews out younger guys or guys with no rep but wont say anythign to veterans and established players... youll never see him yell at pierce or allen and even in minnesota that last year when spree was being ******** and cassell didnt care anymore, he never used to say anything to them...

thats my point he's gotten a big ego since he won the championship so he takes it out on the younger guyz i would love to see garnett go after someone like artest and see what would happen:D

magichatnumber9
12-06-2008, 09:26 AM
At least this guy cares. We all have been pushed to the point that Glen was last night. And I bet you cried too. So before you make Glen Davis the joke of the NBA, check yourself.

Corey
12-06-2008, 09:31 AM
At least this guy cares. We all have been pushed to the point that Glen was last night. And I bet you cried too. So before you make Glen Davis the joke of the NBA, check yourself.

Eh, idk about that. Glen should have been right in the huddle anyways. Garnett shouldn't have even had to pull him back over. It's Davis' own fault that he got an earful.

Frrrrank!!!
12-06-2008, 10:02 AM

Grown men shouldnt be crying over that. Not to mention like said b4 he wasnt in the huddle so he was asking for it.

NYMetros
12-06-2008, 10:08 AM
What did Garnett say?!

He probably laid the hammer down on him with one of those yo' momma jokes.

lovingTO
12-06-2008, 10:47 AM
I have always loved garnett. I hateeeeeeeeeee boston, but when they won last year I was pumped that he finally got his championship. This year however, with the taunting, the cocky displays, and now this. When you're a vet, you have to know that different players respond differently to different forms of criticisms. KG should know how to get through to baby davis without being such a dick. Fack you KG, I have lost all respect for you.

codes238
12-06-2008, 10:54 AM
I have always loved garnett. I hateeeeeeeeeee boston, but when they won last year I was pumped that he finally got his championship. This year however, with the taunting, the cocky displays, and now this. When you're a vet, you have to know that different players respond differently to different forms of criticisms. KG should know how to get through to baby davis without being such a dick. Fack you KG, I have lost all respect for you.

KG is dirt rich because he gets payed milions to play a game, he has a hot wife, millions of fans and he's a world champion... im pretty sure he couldnt care less what you think... oh he taunted jose so all of us raptor fans are supposed to have a grudge against him, i wish some of our players were like that... i wish one of our big guys came and helped jose out and stood up to garnett... its not his fault that our team is a bunch of pathetic losers!

Testaverde16
12-06-2008, 11:01 AM
He looks like an angry snapping turtle

SensandRaps
12-06-2008, 11:06 AM
KG is dirt rich because he gets payed milions to play a game, he has a hot wife, millions of fans and he's a world champion... im pretty sure he couldnt care less what you think... oh he taunted jose so all of us raptor fans are supposed to have a grudge against him, i wish some of our players were like that... i wish one of our big guys came and helped jose out and stood up to garnett... its not his fault that our team is a bunch of pathetic losers!

then dont cheer for the raps we could care less y dont u go cheer for the thunder or something

codes238
12-06-2008, 11:12 AM
then dont cheer for the raps we could care less y dont u go cheer for the thunder or something

why would i cheer for the thunder? ive been a raptors fan for a long time and the way these guys are playing and acting right now, i feel embarassed! ive spent a lot of money and time following the team so if they act like pathetic losers i have the right to say it! stick to hockey eh...

lovingTO
12-06-2008, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=codes238;7562982]why would i cheer for the thunder? QUOTE]

because you suck

Yogi
12-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Poor little guy.

cwilson21
12-06-2008, 11:21 AM
It probably was deserved.

SensandRaps
12-06-2008, 11:25 AM
why would i cheer for the thunder? ive been a raptors fan for a long time and the way these guys are playing and acting right now, i feel embarassed! ive spent a lot of money and time following the team so if they act like pathetic losers i have the right to say it! stick to hockey eh...

stick to hockey eh. if thats directed at me nice diss:rolleyes: im actually a true fan of both teams and not a band wagon jumper like u. oh raps are having a bad streak right now so they suck so ill cheer for another team and when the raps start doing good u'll come back saying oh i new it all the time

codes238
12-06-2008, 11:31 AM
stick to hockey eh. if thats directed at me nice diss:rolleyes: im actually a true fan of both teams and not a band wagon jumper like u. oh raps are having a bad streak right now so they suck so ill cheer for another team and when the raps start doing good u'll come back saying oh i new it all the time

no numbnuts, i was always and always will be a raps fan, when did i say i was cheering for another team!? have you even watched the past few games? granted we dont have enough talent and all the teams we lost to were superior to us but the way we lost? we didnt even care out there! and i thought they were doing it just to get smitch fired but then we lose by 30 again last night... and our guys werent even trying past the first few minutes... theres no emotion out there and no energy... and what do we do, we fire a guy whos actually capable of lighting a fire under them and who doesnt tolerate this crap in sam mitchell and hire a nice little canadian whos just gonna give them a tap on the back and say well nice try better luck next time!? no im sick of that and its frustrating as ****! a lot of these players are an embarassment to the team!

SensandRaps
12-06-2008, 11:36 AM
no numbnuts, i was always and always will be a raps fan, when did i say i was cheering for another team!? have you even watched the past few games? granted we dont have enough talent and all the teams we lost to were superior to us but the way we lost? we didnt even care out there! and i thought they were doing it just to get smitch fired but then we lose by 30 again last night... and our guys werent even trying past the first few minutes... theres no emotion out there and no energy... and what do we do, we fire a guy whos actually capable of lighting a fire under them and who doesnt tolerate this crap in sam mitchell and hire a nice little canadian whos just gonna give them a tap on the back and say well nice try better luck next time!? no im sick of that and its frustrating as ****! a lot of these players are an embarassment to the team!

thats only cuz the players have smitch's horrible defensive plays and the set back offence. im betting u in 5 games when triano's philosphy gets into the players heads and we will be playing much better

DopieB
12-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Feel bad for Davis, he was really baling, like a child who's favorite toy was taken away

codes238
12-06-2008, 11:41 AM
thats only cuz the players have smitch's horrible defensive plays and the set back offence. im betting u in 5 games when triano's philosphy gets into the players heads and we will be playing much better

im sorry i just dont buy that... they played good enough defense when they won 47 games and mitchell was the coach and that team was arguably less talented than the team we have now... defense is mostly about heart and hustle and i just dont see that in any of our players anymore and it makes me sick... anyways if they turn it around in 5 games ill be really happy but i just dont see that happening, these guys dont even look like they care anymore...

ps. we probably shouldnt be having this discussion in this thread but whatever...

SensandRaps
12-06-2008, 11:43 AM
im sorry i just dont buy that... they played good enough defense when they won 47 games and mitchell was the coach and that team was arguably less talented than the team we have now... defense is mostly about heart and hustle and i just dont see that in any of our players anymore and it makes me sick... anyways if they turn it around in 5 games ill be really happy but i just dont see that happening, these guys dont even look like they care anymore...

ps. we probably shouldnt be having this discussion in this thread but whatever...

well imo we will turn it we just have to give it time. and also i know were not supposed to have discussion in this thread but atleast we are keeping the thread active:D

heyman321
12-06-2008, 11:48 AM

I agree, Moon has turned into a total wuss, I haven't seen him dunk since the dunk contest LOL. Calderon always pulls it to half when they have a fast break oppurtunity, and O'Neal and Bargnani seriously need to know how to stop getting offensive fouls. The defense is terrible, we got whooped by Utah yesterday by 30 WITHOUT BOOZER AND KIRILENKO. That is embarassing.

MooseWithFleas
12-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Garnett probably got personal, davis is gonna be hearin about that for a while...

mjt20mik
12-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Davis is such a girl for acting the way he did. Garnett wants nothing but the best outta his players. Baby should have been in the huddle, he wasn't Garnett pulled his *** over, and said some harsh words. Baby should have taken it like a man. What a softy!

Kaptain Kanada
12-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Awwwww.... does big baby need his blankie??

GCOOKIE7
12-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Kirilenko played yesterday

TheShowzOver
12-06-2008, 01:02 PM
This team just has so much emotion i love it. Most people don't cry because they are a little baby they cry because they are pissed off and care about what they are doing. KG was just sending the message that everyone has to stay in their roles and he's right. We can't have big baby shooting those hideous jump shots that he never makes and things like that

DenButsu
12-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Garnett probably got personal, davis is gonna be hearin about that for a while...

Yeah he is. I guess, in one sense, it's a good thing to get the most embarrassing experience of his career (and life?) out of the way at such a young stage.

Deuce22
12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
AWWW POOR BABY!!!.....MAN, that was embarrassing to see last night!!!!

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 01:10 PM

:pity:

are you too cool or you think you wouldn't cry
with a separated shoulder?

Luv Da New Pack
12-06-2008, 01:15 PM
.....woww.......I have a couple of points to say about the situation:

1) When I saw him.....I had to squint for a second and was like....."is...is he crying? Tears just rolling.". It reminded me of that "Making The Band" segment when one potential artist cried and the reporter brought it to Diddy's attention. He was like "He cried? On national TV? He didn't go in the bathroom or nothing?". I like Glen a lot but he WILL hear about this for awhile. I can understand his frustration but you gotta get the towel over your face before it's noticed. I could have sworn I've seen Melo cry but grabbed the towel before it was on Sportscenter.

2) For people that say they were KG fans before but now he's arrogant and ego driven don't have a clue of what their talking about. I've seen KG throughout his career and he's done nothing that is new. He's always been talkative. He's always been used "In Yer Face" intimidation tactics. He's always been fiery. But for the most part, it within the game. I guess some of you want him to help up the opposition and shake their hand when they make a shot. Why not lead in the national anthem why he's at it? KG is doing nothing new and if you liked him before you'd like him now.

3) When you gain a big lead and it gets taken away someone's gonna hear about it. I guess he pulled Glen to the side and screamed at him directly. Wait....that didn't happen? He was talking to the TEAM. You got to grab the reigns before that lead spirals to overtime. I've seen and heard him and it's not like "you stupid mother******* get your head out of your *****", he is point driven and reminds of runs and defensive placements. Glen wasn't doing the right thing as a teammate by leaving the huddle.

THE_FLASH_21
12-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I guess he's a big baby for a reason right??? I saw it it made my day!

codes238
12-06-2008, 01:28 PM
.....woww.......I have a couple of points to say about the situation:

1) When I saw him.....I had to squint for a second and was like....."is...is he crying? Tears just rolling.". It reminded me of that "Making The Band" segment when one potential artist cried and the reporter brought it to Diddy's attention. He was like "He cried? On national TV? He didn't go in the bathroom or nothing?". I like Glen a lot but he WILL hear about this for awhile. I can understand his frustration but you gotta get the towel over your face before it's noticed. I could have sworn I've seen Melo cry but grabbed the towel before it was on Sportscenter.

2) For people that say they were KG fans before but now he's arrogant and ego driven don't have a clue of what their talking about. I've seen KG throughout his career and he's done nothing that is new. He's always been talkative. He's always been used "In Yer Face" intimidation tactics. He's always been fiery. But for the most part, it within the game. I guess some of you want him to help up the opposition and shake their hand when they make a shot. Why not lead in the national anthem why he's at it? KG is doing nothing new and if you liked him before you'd like him now.

3) When you gain a big lead and it gets taken away someone's gonna hear about it. I guess he pulled Glen to the side and screamed at him directly. Wait....that didn't happen? He was talking to the TEAM. You got to grab the reigns before that lead spirals to overtime. I've seen and heard him and it's not like "you stupid mother******* get your head out of your *****", he is point driven and reminds of runs and defensive placements. Glen wasn't doing the right thing as a teammate by leaving the huddle.

i agree 100% with all your points!

cubulls
12-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Glen should have punched him out and kicked his face in.

codes238
12-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Glen should have punched him out and kicked his face in.

yes thats exactly what glen should have done...

JayW_1023
12-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't see a big deal. Davis showed emotion...if he was like, whatever, it would be worse because it would seem like he doesn't care.

Kobe cried too when the Lakers lost to the Spurs in 2003...emotion is a part of the game and it signifies passion for the game.

I think condemning emotion in sport is much easier to mock. Because the two go hand in hand when athletes care about more than media and fan adoration and dollar bills.

Nets fan 93
12-07-2008, 10:10 PM
This is why I don't like KG... They were winning by a lot... just opening his big fat mouth... I'm sure he could of explained whatever Glen Davis did when the game was over

Faneik
12-07-2008, 10:17 PM
This is why I don't like KG... They were winning by a lot... just opening his big fat mouth... I'm sure he could of explained whatever Glen Davis did when the game was over

Don't know why, but I'll stick with Garnett's leading abilities rather than yours.

Sometimes leaders have to be harsh.

Nets fan 93
12-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Don't know why, but I'll stick with Garnett's leading abilities rather than yours.

Sometimes leaders have to be harsh.
Never said you had to buddy. All I stated is that they were winning by like 20... KG as always overexagerated... I've never seen a Duncan, Kidd or anyone else do that...
all he seriously had to was talk to him and explain instead of yelling something that would make him that upset

Sportscenterman
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
get that guy a wamburger and french cries, seriously(I know corny)

goku
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
his name is big baby

Beno7500
12-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Perfect Nickname

DenButsu
12-07-2008, 10:39 PM
I think he should be required to wear a mic from now on so we can hear the trash talk players lay on him when they face up against him.

COLH
12-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeh Paul Pierce and KG are real talkative. I just saw The Pacers game and KG was talking trash to Granger. While Boston against Portland, Paul Pierce was doing it too, against Brandon Roy. So yeah they should wear a mic, that'll be cool lol

LeBrowns
12-07-2008, 11:04 PM
I don't see a big deal. Davis showed emotion...if he was like, whatever, it would be worse because it would seem like he doesn't care.

Kobe cried too when the Lakers lost to the Spurs in 2003...emotion is a part of the game and it signifies passion for the game.

I think condemning emotion in sport is much easier to mock. Because the two go hand in hand when athletes care about more than media and fan adoration and dollar bills.

I agree that there is passion in the game, but don't even compare Kobe breaking down after a tough loss to Glen Davis throwing a child's tantrum on the bench with his team up big.

unwantedplayer
12-07-2008, 11:13 PM

Wasnt wade crying because he was in pain? Its normal to cry to pain...

69centers
12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I agree that there is passion in the game, but don't even compare Kobe breaking down after a tough loss to Glen Davis throwing a child's tantrum on the bench with his team up big.

Good point in that you may have hit the needle on the head of why other teams, including the Lakers didn't win it all last year and the Celtics did. Doc, KG, and the rest of the team have always taken pride in their play. Even if they're up by 20, if they see some poor play, they address it. It's what can make them better. Let's not jump around for joy during a blowout and let everyone relax and play like crap. For KG to step up and point out horrible play is what sets him apart from other leaders in the NBA. Big Baby just took it a little personal, it seems.

Hey, who's going to go up to a guy and tell him he's a big baby to his face? We are talking about the guy who picked up and body slammed Shaq when he was only 18. Go ahead, I dare someone to talk smack to him about the crying.

rosesbulls
12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Good point in that you may have hit the needle on the head of why other teams, including the Lakers didn't win it all last year and the Celtics did. Doc, KG, and the rest of the team have always taken pride in their play. Even if they're up by 20, if they see some poor play, they address it. It's what can make them better. Let's not jump around for joy during a blowout and let everyone relax and play like crap. For KG to step up and point out horrible play is what sets him apart from other leaders in the NBA. Big Baby just took it a little personal, it seems.

Hey, who's going to go up to a guy and tell him he's a big baby to his face? We are talking about the guy who picked up and body slammed Shaq when he was only 18. Go ahead, I dare someone to talk smack to him about the crying.

How do you possibly get that out of what he says :eyebrow:.

He said that there is a difference from crying about some guy yelling at you then getting emotional after a tough loss were you fought hard and played your heart out all game.

Not a 2nd unit player getting yelled at about not playing good at the end of the game...

NFLNBA
12-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I hate the Celtics but i feel bad for him now, so he is now the only player i like that team! I used to love Garnett but he became a ********.

Frrrrank!!!
12-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I hate the Celtics but i feel bad for him now, so he is now the only player i like that team! I used to love Garnett but he became a ********.

why turn this into a "I hate kg" thread????:confused:

LA_Raiders
12-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Cry...Just like Pierce... Those Cs are Pathetic...

Frrrrank!!!
12-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Cry...Just like Pierce... Those Cs are Pathetic...

maturity just pours out of you:rolleyes: and they are so pathetic that they are the Champs and are 20-2 this year. If they are pathetic than what is the rest of the league???

Tony_Starks
12-08-2008, 08:17 PM
what a