PDA

View Full Version : Would you be happy with another lakers celtics finals?

number1nykfan25
12-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Would you be happy to see a repeat of last years finials which it looks to em like at this point in time that's what its going to be.

nygiants242
12-06-2008, 03:23 AM
Yeah.. well that's coming from a Lakers fan
but I want to see Kobe get revenge.

G-Funk
12-06-2008, 03:27 AM
Lakers vs. Cavs
Lakers vs. Celtics

I think that ppl would love to see Kobe win or lose.

ElMarroAfamado
12-06-2008, 03:28 AM
lakers vs. anybody will be good

AAAAANYONE but the celtics or spurs

number1nykfan25
12-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Lakers vs. Cavs
Lakers vs. Celtics

I think that ppl would love to see Kobe win or lose.

I dont think the cavs have a chance of beating the Celtics. The only other team i think can beat the Celtics in a 7 game series in the east is detroit and i dont even think detroit stands a chance in hell of that.

codes238
12-06-2008, 03:34 AM
i think the only 2 teams that can win the west right now are the lakers or spurs and the only 2 teams that can win the east are the celts or cavs... out of these teams 2 out of 3 combinations would be good... itdd be fun to see KG and TD go at each other and finally see whos better once and for all... a celtics/lakers finals rematch would be fun too... the spurs/cavs final is the least likely in my opinion and im glad because this one would be boring as hell although a lot more competitive then the 2007 finals when the spurs swept them

DerekRE_3
12-06-2008, 03:36 AM
If the Celts win again....then sure.

number1nykfan25
12-06-2008, 03:37 AM
i think the only 2 teams that can win the west right now are the lakers or spurs and the only 2 teams that can win the east are the celts or cavs... out of these teams 2 out of 3 combinations would be good... itdd be fun to see KG and TD go at each other and finally see whos better once and for all... a celtics/lakers finals rematch would be fun too... the spurs/cavs final is the least likely in my opinion and im glad because this one would be boring as hell although a lot more competitive then the 2007 finals when the spurs swept them

I am not even sure the spurs have a shot at beating the lakers and getting into the finals.

number1nykfan25
12-06-2008, 03:37 AM
If the Celts win again....then sure.

true that true that.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-06-2008, 03:56 AM
Who has two thumbs and would want to see that again??? :up: This guy!!!

theimortalone
12-06-2008, 04:28 AM
I dont think the cavs have a chance of beating the Celtics. The only other team i think can beat the Celtics in a 7 game series in the east is detroit and i dont even think detroit stands a chance in hell of that.

Do you realize that last year Lebron and the Mo Williams-less Cavs took the Celtics to seven games? Cleveland is a way better team this year than last year. It would be an amazing ECF matchup between the two, that is for damn sure!

I would rather see Lebron win Cleveland the Championship vs Kobe and the Lakers before he leaves.

number1nykfan25
12-06-2008, 04:32 AM
cavs lakers would be an amazing finals. would probably get great rating kobe and lebron and be great for the nba. I am just so glade the spurs are done. They did get tehre guys back but i still dont think they can compete with the lakers cavs or celtics.

Lebron23
12-06-2008, 04:46 AM
I hope the Cavaliers beat the Boston Celtics in the playoffs.

LeBron vs. Kobe = Stern's Dream Matchup.

arlubas
12-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Why not, I mean they're obviously the two best teams right now (even though the Lakers have been slacking off a bit in their recent games) so I don't see why this shouldn't be an exciting series once again.

barreleffact
12-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Happy with it? I'd prefer it. I want that Lake show and for Kobe to get his vengence the next 3 years

codes238
12-06-2008, 08:52 AM
its a rematch of last year's finals, theres lots of bad blood and emotion, its arguably the game's best player going against the best trio in the league, theres so much historical significance and if all the wasnt enuogh for you... theyre the 2 best teams in the league, both record-wise and realistically... if you dont wanna watch these finals youre either crazy or youre not a real NBA fan!

JackB
12-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Its not a matter of would we be happy with it. Its going to happen. The Celtics are the best team in basketball. They are better then they were last year.The lakers are the best team in the west.I am a Pistons fan and i know they don't have a chance of getting out of the first round. I'm actually thinking Dumars knew it too and thats why he traded away Billups. I also think Prince and R. Wallace will be traded. Dumars is looking for cap room for the next two off season free agency pool.

Frrrrank!!!
12-06-2008, 09:55 AM
I have to say being a Celtic fan in all, that I would be really happy if the C's made the finals again. The other team doesnt matter to me.

NYMetros
12-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah, that would be a good matchup and I would like to see that again.

JordansBulls
12-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't be happy with it. Would like to see some new blood and new franchises in the finals. Maybe a Houston vs Cleveland or Orlando would be good.

DrDEADalready
12-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Haha JB and his infamous Rockets he loves so much. ;). but i agree with him. get new teams in there. last years was a snooze fest. who wants to see a raping the celtics gave like last year. not me. but i wanna see in the playoff matchup Jazz vs Hornets. that would be a good one

Hustla23
12-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Boston looks like they lost a step....

And Cleveland looks fantastic.

Although Boston still has the edge Cleveland has a great shot as well.

But there's no way the Cavs can match up with the Lakers.

So I think that there is the greatest probability of a Lakers-Celtics matchup again.

But this time the Lakers are going to absolutely destroy the Celtics. 4-0 sweep.
And that won't be fun to watch.

The Celtics need to add one more piece if they hope to repeat.

JJ81
12-06-2008, 02:17 PM
cant wait to see kobe and the lakers get revenge:clap:

bagwell368
12-06-2008, 02:59 PM
cant wait to see kobe and the lakers get revenge:clap:

keep waiting. kobe pulls a vanishing act when it counted last year.

LA has nothing/body to deal with KG and Rondo

Oh yeah, the LA D made fat and tired PP look great. This PP is down 10 lbs and really does look pretty good.

Allen's foot problems are over and he's hitting everything.

If Celts are healthy its a 5 game match.

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I wouldn't

:violin::yawn:

superkegger
12-06-2008, 03:06 PM
i would love it.

Hustla23
12-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Whoever thinks the Lakers won't destroy the Celtics is really delusional.

Bynum >>>> Perkins
Gasol < Garnett
Odom < Pierce
Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Allen
Fisher = Rondo

dawgsfan_45
12-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Absolutely not. I hate both teams and last year I didn't have anyone to root for :(.

dawgsfan_45
12-06-2008, 03:14 PM

Bynum >>>> Perkins
Gasol < Garnett
Odom < Pierce
Fisher = Rondo

Perkins is one of the best defensive center in the league so the difference from him and Bynum is not that much. Pierce is on a whole different level than Odom, who doesnt even start btw. Pierce has the ability to take over a game while Odom is just a #3 scoring option. Last year Im pretty sure Allen shutdown Kobe. Rondo is better than Fisher.

JordansBulls
12-06-2008, 03:16 PM

Bynum >>>> Perkins
Gasol < Garnett
Odom < Pierce
Fisher = Rondo

:pity:

It never fails when people compare matchups like that.

superkegger
12-06-2008, 03:35 PM

yeah, its foolish. I understand why people do it, but its still dumb.

It's pretty clear that both Rondo and Perkins, though not top talents at their repsective positions are very good fits for the Celtics, and even though they're may or may not be individually better than fisher or bynum (which rondo is better than fish by the way, but that really doesn't matter) the fact is, the Celtics showed their team as a collective whole was better than the Lakers. And it wasn't the starting 5 > or < comparison that made the difference, its the fact that their team was better, but I guess people don't realize that, or don't want to accept that.

still1ballin
12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm hoping for the finals to be Lakers vs. Celtics

philab
12-06-2008, 04:55 PM

Yeah, I love that Kobe is like 20 >'s better than Ray Allen, but Pierce is only 1 > better than Odom.

The Answer3
12-06-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm hoping for a Lakers-Heat or a Lakers-Pistons finals. Highly unlikely though.

Wilson
12-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Right now the only series I want to see is the Lakers vs the Celtics. I really want to see us beat these guys.

Right now though, if the Lakers continue to play defense as badly as we did again the Pacers and Wizards, we won't get past the Spurs.

Vidball
12-06-2008, 05:31 PM
1. Lakers vs. Celtics
2. Lakers vs. Cavs
3. Lakers vs. Magic

I would be happy with any of those.

LAKERS 24/7
12-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I can't believe some people are saying Kobe took the finals off. :confused: Do you know who this man is? Do you honestly think he would give up on his dream of winning a championship once he got to the finals? Please. And Ray Allen did not shut down Kobe, the Celtics shut down the Lakers. Anyone who thinks differently is either a dumbass or a hater, or more than likely, both.

Hustla23
12-06-2008, 06:45 PM

It's pretty clear that both Rondo and Perkins, though not top talents at their repsective positions are very good fits for the Celtics, and even though they're may or may not be individually better than fisher or bynum (which rondo is better than fish by the way, but that really doesn't matter) the fact is, the Celtics showed their team as a collective whole was better than the Lakers. And it wasn't the starting 5 > or < comparison that made the difference, its the fact that their team was better, but I guess people don't realize that, or don't want to accept that.

Well look at the teams this year.

Lakers + Bynum

Celtics - Posey

I think the edge goes to the Lakers.

I'm not a Lakers fan or anything ( I think you can tell pretty obviously ), I'm just laying out an objective thought.

Wilson
12-06-2008, 06:48 PM

Lakers + Bynum

Celtics - Posey

I'm not a Lakers fan or anything ( I think you can tell pretty obviously ), I'm just laying out an objective thought.

You have to look at more than that though.

Like, for example, how the Celtics defense is still great, and how the Lakers are still making it a habbit to play lazy defense and win games with their offense.

If they continue to do this, then the finals will be pretty much the same, the Lakers won't be able to get stops in key moments, the Celtics will, and banner number 18 will be raised in Boston.

Flash812
12-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Hornets vs. Cavs is what I want.

unwantedplayer
12-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes, because the teams are pretty much the same again, and everyone is one year older. Also the teams look a bit different.

Antbanks21
12-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Lakers vs Celtics rematch would be great to watch.

There will be a different finish to the finals though.
Lakers 08-09 CHAMPIONS

Hawkeye15
12-06-2008, 08:25 PM
not me. KG, my favorite player ever, got his ring. I am now back to hating Boston sports teams. And I have never liked the Lakers. I am hoping for a New Orleans-Cleveland finals.

Anthony Flores
12-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Anyone but the Cavs I want another Celtics lakers Match-up sure.

JackB
12-07-2008, 10:40 AM
This years its another Celtics championship and its not even close. And somebody a few posts back said the Celtics had lost a step? Are you kidding me? What are they 19-2 ? They are better then they were last year . Perkins and Rondo are just getting better. they are deeper off the bench.I'm a Piston fan and I live in Vermont. I get to see the C's every game. They still have the hungry passion for a repeat. Its almost scary to watch them. I see them win 60 games or more this year.And maybe lose one or two games in the entire playoffs.They just don't give teams a chance to get comfortable. A 15 point deflict is like 5 points with all the weapons they have.

JayW_1023
12-07-2008, 11:17 AM

I agree that it's ********. This is professional basketball not some playground pick-up game lol. There are more factors a play. Like coaching, bench, hustle, smarts and chemistry.

Everytime I see the < comparisons I go...ugh...it shows how little knowledge people have sometimes about what actually goes down on the hardwood. It's tough to make your point that way and actually be taken seriously.

JIDsanity
12-07-2008, 11:17 AM
No, that's why last years rating were so low. Everyone is tired of the same teams going back.

NYMetros
12-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Lakers + Bynum

Celtics - Posey

Tony Allen has been great so far off the bench. And Rondo has turned the corner on his career IMO. There is no doubt that the Celtics are better than last year too.

Lizard King
12-07-2008, 05:53 PM
It doesn't matter.

As long as nobody beats the Bulls 72-10 record, I don't care who wins.

Beno7500
12-07-2008, 06:28 PM
No. Lakers vs Cavs will be better.

Faneik
12-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I don't care what the matchup is. As long as Celtics bring it home.

CELTICS4LYFE
12-08-2008, 11:00 AM
No. Lakers vs Cavs will be better.

y so the lakers have a chance??? lol jk who wouldnt wanna c lakers vs celtics??? its like sayin u dont wanna c the red sox an yankees play in the p/o

JAZZNC
12-08-2008, 11:18 AM
If they end up being the best teams from their respective conference then hell yeah! If they're not then no I wouldn't. I'm always happy with the teams that make the Finals b/c they deserve to be there....well maybe not so happy when the Jazz don't make it:D

Fool
12-08-2008, 11:41 AM
From a Laker fan standpoint... HELLYAH!

Sport
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Id rather see a Jazz-Pistons Finals.

But Im a jazz fan.

GunFactor187
12-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I'd take the Pistons in the Finals anyday.