PDA

View Full Version : Coach Dunleavy accuses Dwayne Wade of cheating

CrowninMe
12-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Mike, instead of being a traffic cop, why don't you work on improving your 14-3 record? :confused:
http://hoopsoup.com/2008/12/05/mike-dunleavy-accusses-dwayne-wade-of-cheating/

MiamiHeat
12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
dunleavy should get over it, just because his team cant defend wade

you mean 3-14 record? :eyebrow:

barreleffact
12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
wow...carrying isnt being called...wat a travesty:rolleyes:
I like how he said Wade does it fast so it isnt noticible. If he does it so fast then how is it really carrying?

NYKnickFanatic
12-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Mike, instead of being a traffic cop, why don't you work on improving your 14-3 record? :confused:
http://hoopsoup.com/2008/12/05/mike-dunleavy-accusses-dwayne-wade-of-cheating/

Didnt know the Clippers were 14-3...

fairandbalanced
12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
If it wasn't the Clippers coach, I would respond. When you have 15 stiff players, how can you possibly believe that someone can get past a defense to the bucket?

NYMetros
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Dunleavy is actually right, but Wade is not the only player that carries it all the time.

AgentPyRo
12-05-2008, 04:26 PM
How come nobody knows how to spell "Dwyane"?

Wilson
12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Dunleavy's right, Wade does carry a lot. But so does every other big name guard. Except Kobe... :p

Jonathan2323
12-05-2008, 04:28 PM
How bout Dunlevy was lucky that the refs blew the call at the end of the game that let his team win aganist the HEAT, which was absolute BS IMO.

MiamiHeat
12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Your Kobes, Wades, LeBrons, Gilberts all palm the ball. Nothing new.

superkegger
12-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Dunleavy is actually right, but Wade is not the only player that carries it all the time.

agreed.

NYMetros
12-05-2008, 04:35 PM
If he does it so fast then how is it really carrying?

The speed that you do it at means nothing. And this really is an unfair advantage. It gives Wade a much better first step and makes it easier for him to get by defenders.

But if the NBA starts to call this, then it will be a huge mess and it will be an extremely tough adjustment period for some guys. Which is why the NBA won't even touch this issue.

Blazin_101
12-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Veteran stars always get away with stuff the average NBA player couldnt get away with.

avelazq
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
wow this guys a dush ... i think he has more important things to worry about like a 3-14 clippers team lol

barreleffact
12-05-2008, 04:40 PM
The speed that you do it at means nothing. And this really is an unfair advantage. It gives Wade a much better first step and makes it easier for him to get by defenders.

But if the NBA starts to call this, then it will be a huge mess and it will be an extremely tough adjustment period for some guys. Which is why the NBA won't even touch this issue.

Exactly. In all honesty, the flash in the moves comes from slightly carrying the ball. its okay IMO. people say I do it, but in all honesty, every elite handler does. You cant really execute some moves w/o carrying a bit, and when EVERY star does it, its irrevlevant. If the league touched that rule it would be terrible for the game. They already make 48 minute games extend far too long with over commercializing and too many calls(granted I believe they should get it right)

superkegger
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM

Especially not midseason. If they decide to crack down on it, it will come in the begining of the year next year. They usually at the begining of the season 'crack down' or emphasize some rules that have been overlooked or gotten out of hand. Like the tech's a couple years ago, or was it last year. Either way, they usualy have a couple rules of emphasis to begin the year they call hard and gradually ease up on. If there is enough outcry on this, there very well could be a review of it in the offseason and we could see more carrying and traveling calls to begin next year....

but i doubt it.

MooseWithFleas
12-05-2008, 04:44 PM

I agree. The problem with the rule, is that it gets called based on reputation. People with killer crossovers like AI get called for it all the time. I would like all the refs to either consistently call it or dont call it all.

But Mike... you got other things to worry about right now.

nastylikedwade
12-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Just another of the many D wade haters. The LA clipers are 4-13 with an atrocious coach.

ink
12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
How come nobody knows how to spell "Dwyane"?

How come his mother didn't know how to spell Dwayne? :p

Nets fan 93
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Coach Dunleavy is now my favorite coach... abou time someone else notices

barreleffact
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM

lol so tru...to her credit i hope it was the epidural....:confused:

NYMetros
12-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I agree. The problem with the rule, is that it gets called based on reputation. People with killer crossovers like AI get called for it all the time. I would like all the refs to either consistently call it or dont call it all.

But Mike... you got other things to worry about right now.

Well I actually never see the carry being called. I can't say I've seen someone get called for it at all this year.

HiphopRelated
12-05-2008, 06:58 PM
3rd string pg's palm the ball. Refs give an obligatory 1 or 2 calls a game

only reason Dunleavy's talking is 'cause of the whole whistle incident that the Heat felt cost them the game.

Baron palms more than Wade.

Draco
12-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Interesting that the article mentions Iverson.. I remember when he first came into the league he palmed the ball ALL the time. The league eventually put an end to that within that season IIRC.

dudeonthemoon
12-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Tony Parker carries all the time

junion
12-05-2008, 07:37 PM
of course, its because 'dwyane' is the cool way to spell 'dwayne', just like 'dominique' is the cool way to spell 'dominic' and 'darryl' for 'darrell'. but thats pretty sad if she mispelled 'dwayne' haha

MooseWithFleas
12-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Well I actually never see the carry being called. I can't say I've seen someone get called for it at all this year.

what teams do you normally watch? On the sixers, Iggy will get called for it usually once every couple games.

Frrrrank!!!
12-05-2008, 07:43 PM
yea, he is right. Wade carries...but who doesn't in the NBA?

b_rad23
12-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Why does he still have a job? Terrible GM and terrible coach who can't even be mediocre with a talented roster. Who trades for a center when you already have Kaman? Who keeps 2 top 10 centers on one team? He's a bonehead.

Just turrible.

Hawkeye15
12-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Superstars get away with violations normal players get called for??? When did this start happening? Iverson has 20,000 points with that carry crossover

jimbobjarree
12-05-2008, 07:52 PM
how dare he accuse king wade

homestarunner93
12-05-2008, 07:55 PM

Well, originally she thought she spelled it right, but she was so messed up on her drugs she didn't realize she misplaced the "a" and "y".

Vinny642
12-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Dunleavy sucks as a coach, Wade may carry but people don't care if Lebron does it

Testaverde16
12-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Wade has always carried and gotten foul calls and had travels ignored....

its nice to be a superstar, it isn't just him that gets the special treatment, but if you remember the refs basically gave him a championship. He got every call in that series and ever since Shaq praised him and went to Miami he catapulted to stardom and fan favoritism and therefore gets every call. It is a shame, but thats what the NBA is.

b_rad23
12-05-2008, 08:53 PM

its nice to be a superstar, it isn't just him that gets the special treatment, but if you remember the refs basically gave him a championship. He got every call in that series and ever since Shaq praised him and went to Miami he catapulted to stardom and fan favoritism and therefore gets every call. It is a shame, but thats what the NBA is.

:bla::bs: The refs gave him nothing, he earned the championship.

Fire Dunleavy.

Master Mind
12-05-2008, 08:55 PM

Hi Hater. :eyebrow:

Hawkeye15
12-05-2008, 09:38 PM

I will admit the Mavs childish antics, and their owner yelling at the refs from 2 feet away did not help the fact that Wade got a few calls, but Miami deserved to win that ring. The Mavs crumbled. Cuban should have stayed in the owners box. His team may have won it then. Wade was not able to be controlled in that series. The plan was to stop Shaq, and let anyone else beat you. Wade just happened to be clicking at that exact same time, and the Mavs were soft. Oh well

Beno7500
12-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Wade does seem to travel and not get called for it.

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Well, originally she thought she spelled it right, but she was so messed up on her drugs she didn't realize she misplaced the "a" and "y".
:pity:
damn that's pretty fked up for you to say

Wade does seem to travel and not get called for it.

it isn't called travel is called "the steps of victory"

J$mo0th_3o5
12-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Haters!!!

gangis2169
12-06-2008, 03:39 PM
wow...carrying isnt being called...wat a travesty:rolleyes:
I like how he said Wade does it fast so it isnt noticible. If he does it so fast then how is it really carrying?

LOL agreed! But seriously If traveling was getting called the way it should Lebron, Kobe, and Wade would never average over 20 pts a game. lol

fairandbalanced
12-06-2008, 03:44 PM
The game has evolved. Truth is, if traveling is legal, the players that suck will still suck.

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 03:46 PM
dunleavy should get over it, just because his team cant defend wade

you mean 3-14 record? :eyebrow:

ha yeah, we cant defend him but we can beat his team

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 03:47 PM
How bout Dunlevy was lucky that the refs blew the call at the end of the game that let his team win aganist the HEAT, which was absolute BS IMO.

look at the nba rules. it should have been clippers ball.

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 03:47 PM
ha yeah, we cant defend him but we can beat his team

lol
I don't wanna get into this
cause I know for a fact that you guys didn't actually "beat" us :cool:

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 03:48 PM
wow this guys a dush ... i think he has more important things to worry about like a 3-14 clippers team lol

whats a dush?

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 03:50 PM
lol
I don't wanna get into this
cause I know for a fact that you guys didn't actually "beat" us :cool:

theres nothing to get in to. the clips beat the heat. the clips suck i know. but we still beat the heat

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 03:50 PM
theres nothing to get in to. the clips beat the heat. the clips suck i know. but we still beat the heat

lol okay you believe that :cool:

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 03:56 PM
lol okay you believe that :cool:

ha. thats all you can say.... :smoking:

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 03:57 PM
ha. thats all you can say.... :smoking:

yeah because we already discussed this many times in the Heat forum and Clipeprs forum

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 03:58 PM
yup, we did. so its about time you realize that either way you are wrong.

heatwade09
12-06-2008, 04:09 PM
No hes not wrong. Yes you "beat" us but if the ref hadnt blown the inadvertent whistle we have a wide open 3-0 fastbreak. The ref beat us, not the clippers.

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 04:22 PM
the ref was out. wade touched the ref. wade was out.

heatwade09
12-06-2008, 04:23 PM
the ref was out. wade touched the ref. wade was out.

The ref was in terrible position and had the ref not been there like he shouldnt have been, Wade wouldnt have been close to going out of bounds. Keep the excuses coming.

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 04:40 PM
huh? excuses? we won.

you keep the excuses coming. he touched the ref. thats wades fault

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 04:41 PM
huh? excuses? we won.

wade's fault? seriously wow
okay... just end it now

we should of won and that's end of it

but you guys needed that "win" :laugh2:

heatwade09
12-06-2008, 04:43 PM
huh? excuses? we won.

If the ref wouldve been in a better position wade wouldnt have been close to out of bounds and we would have 3-0 break for the win. But you clippers fans really dont know about wins so I guess you think you really won that game. Congrats on getting a game. youll start to hate that game later when you are 2nd in the lottery

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 04:47 PM
wade's fault? seriously wow
okay... just end it now

we should of won and that's end of it

but you guys needed that "win" :laugh2:

you guys didnt need that win? ooook

you are so distraught over this loss its amazing.

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 04:50 PM
If the ref wouldve been in a better position wade wouldnt have been close to out of bounds and we would have 3-0 break for the win. But you clippers fans really dont know about wins so I guess you think you really won that game. Congrats on getting a game. youll start to hate that game later when you are 2nd in the lottery

cause the heat are sooo good this year... atleast i can admit my team sucks. i am not looking to get congratulated for the win either. i just want you to stop being in denial about it

if wade would have been in better position he wouldn't have hit the ref... it goes both ways. its not like the ref moved there intentionally. wade should have not jumped into him because h was out of bounds.

MiamiHeat
12-06-2008, 04:53 PM
you guys didnt need that win? ooook

you are so distraught over this loss its amazing.

it would of been nice to get that win
but you guys are much more in need of wins

kylem4711
12-06-2008, 05:06 PM
it would of been nice to get that win
but you guys are much more in need of wins

at this point we are in need of more losses.

uchiha
12-06-2008, 05:12 PM
they should make the Clippers players help with changing the floors over from Lakers to Clippers.. a punishment for being one of the worst franchises in sports history

heatwade09
12-06-2008, 05:16 PM
cause the heat are sooo good this year... atleast i can admit my team sucks. i am not looking to get congratulated for the win either. i just want you to stop being in denial about it

if wade would have been in better position he wouldn't have hit the ref... it goes both ways. its not like the ref moved there intentionally. wade should have not jumped into him because h was out of bounds.

The heat are pretty damn good. They have 2 rookies starting and a 6'9 center and they dont even have dorell wright or the best 3 point shooter in the league back yet.

What do you want wade to do, back up? That is extremely stupid to say considering he was in perfect position to steal that ball and that is why he stole it. The fact of the matter is the ref is supposed to get out of the way not cower in fear. If he was in good position wade would not be near him or near anywhere out of bounds.

JJ81
12-06-2008, 08:04 PM
14-3? Impressive.

JJ81
12-06-2008, 08:05 PM

What?

NYMetros
12-06-2008, 08:07 PM

Tanking doesn't work. Ask the Celtics and Grizzlies.

Anthony Flores
12-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Dwayne Wade is a Star, Stars get Star treatment even by the refs but things like Palming is almost never called anyways.

blacknell
12-06-2008, 08:43 PM
da greastest player of all time carried everytime he had the ball

cahawk
12-06-2008, 11:07 PM
they should make the Clippers players help with changing the floors over from Lakers to Clippers.. a punishment for being one of the worst franchises in sports history

I'm sorry, Clipper's title has been stolen away by the OKC thunder.

And alot of stars get away with things, especially on their own home courts.
Wade is no worse than any of the Stars but I do wish the NBA would call everyone the same rather than favoring Stars.