PDA

View Full Version : Jazz/Suns Trade Amare for Boozer and New Yorks 2010 first rounder

futureman
12-05-2008, 11:26 AM
The suns get something in return and a nice rebuilding piece for the future.

Jazz get more defense. Better Free throw shooting, And better all around scoring.

king4day
12-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I'd only consider this if we knew we could resign Boozer

The CrucifiXioN
12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Do you really think Amare's that much better than Boozer defensively?

Anyway, if this were a sign-and-trade I would strongly consider it, but since it isn't, I'm going to have to pass. I really don't want Boozer to do the same thing to us that he did to Cleveland. And, quite frankly, Amare's worth more than Boozer's expiring contract and a first rounder from New York.

blackjack_119
12-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Do you really think Amare's that much better than Boozer defensively?

Anyway, if this were a sign-and-trade I would strongly consider it, but since it isn't, I'm going to have to pass. I really don't want Boozer to do the same thing to us that he did to Cleveland. And, quite frankly, Amare's worth more than Boozer's expiring contract and a first rounder from New York.

That #1 pick will almost definitely be a top 5 pick. If they are serious about signing two max contracts in 2010, then they won't be able to resign David Lee or Nate Robinson. The Knicks will be horrible in 2009.

The CrucifiXioN
12-05-2008, 08:35 PM
That #1 pick will almost definitely be a top 5 pick. If they are serious about signing two max contracts in 2010, then they won't be able to resign David Lee or Nate Robinson. The Knicks will be horrible in 2009.
Ahh, I wasn't aware that pick was unprotected. In that case, I would definitely have to consider it, but I still wouldn't accept. Amare's a proven stud. For all we know, Boozer might just walk out on us and the player we draft with that pick may very well turn out to be a bust. I'm not willing to take that chance.

futureman
12-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Ironically enough the suns originally owned this pick but gave it to the jazz for taking on Tom Gugliottas contract. They also gave us the 2nd round pick that was used to pick Paul Millsap. I'm sure the suns wouldn't want to be guilty of trading away another notorious draft pick.

The CrucifiXioN
12-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah, but then we might regret it just for the simple fact that we traded Amare for it. And since it didn't belong to us in the first place, it doesn't really bother me too much. Now, that pick that we gave Oklahoma City, that's another story... :bang:

sportsnutzz
12-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I like this trade, lets do it! :D

futureman
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
The suns are going to look back in 10 years, after the wreck they have become and say "why oh why did we not take the Jazz up on their offer? they have Xavier Henry, The greatest NBA player of all time and we have nothing but white trash". Mark my words suns, This is going to be one pick you really wish you had and you will be kicking yourselves in the *** for 20 years for giving it to us.

The CrucifiXioN
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
The suns are going to look back in 10 years, after the wreck they have become and say "why oh why did we not take the Jazz up on their offer? they have Xavier Henry, The greatest NBA player of all time and we have nothing but white trash". Mark my words suns, This is going to be one pick you really wish you had and you will be kicking yourselves in the *** for 20 years for giving it to us.
You're just saying that because you want Amare so badly. :p

Wrightw/Reyes19
12-06-2008, 11:09 PM
wow

blackjack_119
12-08-2008, 04:53 AM

Deron Williams and Xavier Henry would be a sick back court.

The CrucifiXioN
12-08-2008, 02:57 PM
You know, on second thought, I might actually be in favor of a trade like this, but I would only do it if we knew for a fact we couldn't resign Amare and that it was the best offer we'd receive. It also wouldn't hurt if there was any way we could resign Boozer.

umh34
12-08-2008, 03:06 PM
nooo. i want to sign him as a heat fan. but it would be smart to trade him and get something.

jimbobjarree
12-12-2008, 03:30 PM
ahhhh deron and Amare..........

arkanian215
12-16-2008, 10:25 PM
The suns get something in return and a nice rebuilding piece for the future.

Jazz get more defense. Better Free throw shooting, And better all around scoring.

wouldn't happen. boozer wants to get paid top dollar and the only way that's gonna happen is if he becomes a free agent.