PDA

View Full Version : The NBA chase for 70 thread

hotpotato1092
12-05-2008, 12:13 AM
I decided it was time for a thread dedicated to Boston, LA, and Cleveland's quest for 70. Post thoughts, scores, stats, anything on that topic.

rosesbulls
12-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Phil himself said that the lakers didnt have a chane and not in a motivational way. He said they would probably get in the 60s which gives the impression he is just being honest. It is also the best move to make you dont want your players feeling down about not making 70s wins and going under coaches exspectations going into playoffs.

Cleveland doesnt have a chance Lebron off night= lose 50% of time

Boston= Probably best chance doesnt necesarily mean they'll have best record.

CaptainCool79
12-05-2008, 12:25 AM
How often are lebron's "off nights" though?? this year, all of his off nights have been a result of a blow out.

superkegger
12-05-2008, 12:33 AM
why not wait until like 40-50 games into the season when it becomes much more clear that somebody can or cannot do it...otherwise this is just going to be filled with

"Lebron is the Cavs, they can't do it"

along with some lakers/celtics hate thrown back and forth and well it will just downward spiral, because its a long long season, wait on this...

NYMetros
12-05-2008, 12:36 AM
They had this on PTI today. I'm pretty sure they both said they had no chance of doing it. I'd like to see it happen though. It would be good for the NBA.

29$JerZ
12-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Same thing was said about the Celtics last season, did they do it? No, but they won a championship. Honestly a Champion ship + Ending the "Shaq" won those titles for the Lakers" are gone > 70+ win season only.

ink
12-05-2008, 12:47 AM
As superkegger suggested, let's wait a while for this one. Good idea. Just too early. Maybe it's an idea for those team forums.