PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudemire is he a good enough player to win a title as the best player ...

JordansBulls
12-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Amare Stoudemire is he a good enough player to win a title as the best player on the team?

Now this is barring that he has a player of the caliber of Deron Williams, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, T-mac (now), Granger on the team?

Lakersfan2483
12-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Amare Stoudemire is he a good enough player to win a title as the best player on the team?

Now this is barring that he has a player of the caliber of Deron Williams, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, T-mac (now), Granger on the team?

The jury is still out on him and whether or not he's a true no. 1 option. (He has no. 1 talent, but will that translate into winning when it matters?)

rosesbulls
12-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I dont think it would be a dynasty or anything but any top 10 player combined with a Deron Williams or other high caliber pg could win a championship with a couple role players.

The following example is not comparing Tim duncan with Amar'e Stoudemire:

Tim Duncan 1 three with Tony parker and Manu neither of witch I think are as good as a Deron Williams and a bunch of good role players. Give it the spurs dynasty had a lot of good role players A amar'e championship team would need more.

nashty13
12-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Ya...he's been a schmuk lately, but given other circumstances (he's suspension, Joe Johnson's broken face) he may have already won one. If the suns would stop including shaq as a main weapon on offense, he'd be able to prove that he can win it.

superkegger
12-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I definetly think so. I mean it totally depends on the team around him, but under the right circumstances and with the right team, I think its totally possible. Will it ever happen that way? No I don't think so, but I think it could.

ink
12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
At this point I don't think he's a smart enough player.

Durant is hype
12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Nope,he hasn't shown that he is a first option.

wwwhat
12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Doubt it. If he can become a true back to the basket player with good moves and such he could, but I don't really think that he'll have the incentive to learn that if he can just run by his defender every night.

Ansy
12-04-2008, 09:36 PM
He didn't get it done as the second best player on his team, so...

Joshtd1
12-04-2008, 09:38 PM

Agreed

superkegger
12-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Agreed

That's all you have to say?

All you ever do is tell me how much you think he's overrated, then a thread is created basically asking you to blast him. You suck at life.

ink
12-04-2008, 11:11 PM
That's all you have to say?

All you ever do is tell me how much you think he's overrated, then a thread is created basically asking you to blast him. You suck at life.

:speechless:

jokes??

superkegger
12-04-2008, 11:14 PM
:speechless:

jokes??

No. Josh is not an Amare fan. He believes his game is very strongly supported and sustained by Steve Nash. Not to say Amare isn't talented, just that his game is very much helped by the play of Nash. He laments upon this day and night, yet given the opportunity to tell this to more than just me, he says nothing like the poon he is.

:pity:

ink
12-04-2008, 11:17 PM
^ Well I'm a fan of his and I still think he needs to play smarter to ever be considered the best player on a championship team. I've never seen him play smart enough or show the leadership he needs to show for his team to win the big prize. Not even close. Can you tell I'm an exasperated Stoudemire fan?

superkegger
12-04-2008, 11:23 PM
^ Well I'm a fan of his and I still think he needs to play smarter to ever be considered the best player on a championship team. I've never seen him play smart enough or show the leadership he needs to show for his team to win the big prize. Not even close. Can you tell I'm an exasperated Stoudemire fan?

lol. Yeah. He does need to play smarter. But I guess when I answered the question, I considered Amare a top 15 talent in the NBA. there aren't many players "better" than him. So you could still surround him with some good players (and of course you would to win a championship) that would compliment his strengths and cover his weaknesses.

I mean, put Amare on that pistons team (before they traded chauncey) and hes the starting 4, hes the best talent on the team, and I think they become favorites to win the title....know what i'm saying.

Blackification
12-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Yes he does need to play smarter he has been spoiled in Phoenix and never really has had to take the leadership upon himself this year is the first time people are actually giving him pressure for his mistakes and he brought it upon himself and deserves the criticism and hopefully come 2010 this will be a learning experience and he will be a better player because of it.

nitric
12-04-2008, 11:30 PM
He's a piece you can build a franchise around

Big Quett
12-04-2008, 11:46 PM

i seen Amare last night against the hornets without nash and Shaq. And i wasnt impressed. He has complained about not being featured and last night he was the main guy.He had 26 points but he only had 4 rebounds. And he had 6 turnovers and 5 fouls. And was just terrible on D. He didnt box out. He just stood around waiting for the rebound. And when the ball wasnt in his hands he just stood around looking disinterested. i dont think he is a team player.

If His your leader and #1 option i dnt think a team can win it all. He has been the first option in Phoenix the last few years and what have they accomplished? And i think he had a great supporting cast. Hell he still does.

robdizzle3
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Amare has the talent to be a number 1 option,but he doesnt have it all there yet.I think he will be a number 2 for a while,until he mentally is ready to take over

theimortalone
12-05-2008, 12:02 AM
No, because Amare is proving it this year. He needs his team, and he needs to stop being so selfish, and realize that there is no "I" in team. Amare has really disappointed me so far this year! :pity:

superkegger
12-05-2008, 12:10 AM
No, because Amare is proving it this year. He needs his team, and he needs to stop being so selfish, and realize that there is no "I" in team. Amare has really disappointed me so far this year! :pity:

theres no I in team, but there is an I in win. YAY!

td0tsfinest
12-05-2008, 12:13 AM
his talent is off the shorts but I think No. 1 option is more than just being talented, you definitely need a very high level of Basketball IQ and thats why Nash was always considered the #1 option in PHX.

Joshtd1
12-05-2008, 02:49 PM
No. Josh is not an Amare fan. He believes his game is very strongly supported and sustained by Steve Nash. Not to say Amare isn't talented, just that his game is very much helped by the play of Nash. He laments upon this day and night, yet given the opportunity to tell this to more than just me, he says nothing like the poon he is.

:pity:

:)

Yes I do think his game is greatly benefitted by Nash. I dont think he has a consistant enough jumper, or good enough post moves to be a the main guy, or to win as the main guy, without a PG like Nash making life so easy for him, giving him pick and rolls, where all he has to do is make either a dunk, or layup.

His defense is also very poor.

Happy? :)

superkegger
12-05-2008, 03:17 PM

Yes I do think his game is greatly benefitted by Nash. I dont think he has a consistant enough jumper, or good enough post moves to be a the main guy, or to win as the main guy, without a PG like Nash making life so easy for him, giving him pick and rolls, where all he has to do is make either a dunk, or layup.

no. I know you have more to say.

DrDEADalready
12-05-2008, 03:18 PM
theres no I in team, but there is an I in win. YAY!

There is no I in TEAM. But there is a ME!! if you scramble the letters around. :)

DrDEADalready
12-05-2008, 03:23 PM

Agree.It's true though every Great PG in the game makes a Power forward better look at what Stockton did for Malone would malone have been as good as he was. with out a stockton getting him good passes for easy buckets? no. same goes with. D-will and Boozer before Booz came to utah. he was what? 16 and 8 guy. now he's averaging way better!

junion
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
There is no I in TEAM. But there is a ME!! if you scramble the letters around. :)
theres also eat, meat, tame, ate, am, me, tea in team, whats your point? :p

DrDEADalready
12-05-2008, 04:00 PM
theres also eat, meat, tame, ate, am, me, tea in team, whats your point? :p

Haha. I dunno just that was funny. No I but a Me is the same thing. Nah mean?

NYKnickFanatic
12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I voted YES.
But then I thought about it, and I think NO.

king4day
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM

The guy has to stop letting his emotion get involved. Suspensions and technicals really hurt his status.
Plus he needs to stop getting this volentary Microsofracture surgery just to skip a season... what's that all about :D

king4day
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I voted YES.
But then I thought about it, and I think NO.

HAHA, same here.

NYKnickFanatic
12-05-2008, 04:49 PM
HAHA, same here.

Lol, Amare is the man, but he cant win a title being the best player.

ink
12-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Lol, Amare is the man, but he cant win a title being the best player.

I agree. He's even phenomenal after microfracture surgery took away a lot of his vertical.

As the second, he's deadly. But someone else needs to lead him.

NYKnickFanatic
12-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I agree. He's even phenomenal after microfracture surgery took away a lot of his vertical.

As the second, he's deadly. But someone else needs to lead him.

:nod:
He needs a LBJ.
Now that would be scary.

nastylikedwade
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
He is overrated, he will be good with Chris Paul. Executing Pick and Roll all game.

_Sn1P3r_
12-05-2008, 05:19 PM
I think I see him being more effective as a second option right now. So, not just yet.

rrude
12-05-2008, 05:22 PM
He played his chump card last week. he should be thinking about wins and not about being the man. I mean, either you're a man or you're not. Men shut up and play their ***** off. Whining about wanting attention that sounds like a little....

juggla53
12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
It depends, not alot of people thought chauncey billups could win a title as the best player, but he was surounded by four other very good players so you never know. If amare got into a situation where he was on a very good team just without a big name star then he could deffinatley win as the best player

Mallpha
12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
No and i think its the feelign you get while thinking about it. You are almost sure he actualy could but the longer you think about it the less convinced you are he just doesnt seam like ones of those guys they dont leave any doubt, he does.

The CrucifiXioN
12-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm a Suns fan, and even I'll admit that he's not there just yet and might not ever be. If you ever watched a Suns game, you would know that most of the time, Amare just doesn't seem to give his all. He's only really concerned about scoring. And while that's nice and all, you have to do a little bit more than that to win a championship, especially if you're supposedly the best player on your team. Now, if he put just a little bit more effort into it and was really committed to improving on his deficiencies, then it might be possible for you to win a championship with him as your best player. But it really depends on his supporting cast. I don't think it's possible for you to win a championship by yourself; so obviously, he would have to have a great supporting cast for it to even be possible, and even then he might not be the best player on his team.

blacknell
12-05-2008, 07:15 PM
not right now

Hawkeye15
12-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Defense wins championships. Do I need to continue?

dudeonthemoon
12-05-2008, 08:05 PM
We won't know for sure until Nash leaves but in the games Nash has been injured he hasn't been very good. Hes still a beast though