PDA

View Full Version : can we settle this?

Chicagofaithful
12-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm tired of these Rajon Rondo arguments so let's take a poll that settles this once and for all... please vote so that your opinion is heard, and don't talk unless you've voted!! Here are his competitors all are listed as Point Guards on www.ESPN.com ...

Chauncey Billups
Jamaal Crawford
Baron Davis
Allen Iverson
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller
Steve Nash
Jason Terry
Tony Parker
Devin Harris
Chris Paul
Deron WIlliams
Jose Calderon
Derrick Rose
Mo Williams
T.J. Ford
Mike Bibby
Raymond Felton
Gilbert Arenas
Nate Robinson
Leandro Barbosa
Jameer Nelson
Randy Foye
MOnta Ellis
Ramon Sessions
Chris Duhon
Derek Fisher
Rafer Alston
Kirk Hinrich
Beno Udrih
Earl Watson
Roger Mason
Delonte West
Mario Chalmers
Russel Westbrook
D.J. Augustin
Jarret Jack
Rodney Stuckey
Stephon Marbury
Jordan Farmar
Steve Blake
Daniel Gibson
Anthony Carter
Luke Ridnour
Mike Conley
Lou Williams
Aaron Brooks
Chucky Atkins
Jerryd Bayless

I could do more... but the rest arent getting that much playing time... Please keep in mind which teams these players are on... who has to compete with who. For instance... You might make the case (well Devin harris and Derrick Rose are playing great i'd take them... but look at their teams..) Also the same goes for Rondo, Rondo has 3 stars taking defenses off of him... alright let's settle this...

NYKnickFanatic
12-04-2008, 04:44 PM
There isnt even a poll there...

Chicagofaithful
12-04-2008, 04:46 PM
now check

ATX
12-04-2008, 04:49 PM
He's average. Props to that monster triple double last night.

Pierce, Garnett, and Allen are more than likely making him look better than he really is.

ShakeN'Bake
12-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Hes not elite but if you are suggesting that all of those players are better you are insane.

ATX
12-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I'd have him ranked about 2/3rds down on that list of players.

Shawh
Hes not elite but if you are suggesting that all of those players are better you are insane.

He's not suggesting that. He's just listing other PGs for reference.

NYMetros
In my opinion he is barely outside the top 10, if not in the top 10. I just voted that he was out of it though. He is going to make a couple all-star games before his career is over. He came into the league with a terrible jump shot. He's worked that shot to the point where it's not a little below average. He will only get better from there. And his passing abilities already rival those of Billups, Nash, Paul, etc.

barreleffact
12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
id actually put him in top 10 consideration. he's pretty solid, but he is easily replaceable in boston

jetsfan28
12-04-2008, 04:56 PM
I have him in the top 10. Paul, Deron, Harris, Billups, Parker over him, then he's in the next group (along with guys like Kidd, Nash, Agent Zero, Calderon)

uchiha
12-04-2008, 04:56 PM

lol did you even read his post before you posted?

Chicagofaithful
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah i just listed those PGs as reference so you wont miss any of them.... i know for a face he's better than some of those names...

MiamiHeat
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
solid PG
Not Elite Just Above Average

but I don't know how he would do without the Big 3

Pierzynski4Prez
12-04-2008, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't put him in the top 10, but easily top 20, probably somewhere near 15.

ATX
12-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Upon further review of that list: Half way down

ShakeN'Bake
12-04-2008, 05:02 PM
lol did you even read his post before you posted?

Yes I did. I just inferred his connotation incorrectly...Im sure you never made a mistake before:rolleyes:

Lakersfan2483
12-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Rondo is an improving point guard, but he's not an elite guard. Guards that are "currently" better:

Chris Paul
Derron Williams
Tony Parker
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
Jason Kidd
Devin Harris
Andre Miller
TJ Ford
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose
Jose Calderon

NYKnickFanatic
12-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Put Luke Ridnour, Kirk Hinrich or Steve Blake on that team, they will have the same record.

Chicagofaithful
12-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Put Luke Ridnour, Kirk Hinrich or Steve Blake on that team, they will have the same record.

I Agree with the exception of Luke... but definitely... steve blake and hinrich would keep the celtics in the same spot... in fact might even benefit them more because of their range that Rondo doesn't have... (3 pointers)

NYKnickFanatic
12-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I Agree with the exception of Luke... but definitely... steve blake and hinrich would keep the celtics in the same spot... in fact might even benefit them more because of their range that Rondo doesn't have... (3 pointers)

Good point.
That didnt even come to mind.

NYMetros
12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Rondo is an improving point guard, but he's not an elite guard. Guards that are "currently" better:

Chris Paul
Derron Williams
Tony Parker
Steve Nash
Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
Jason Kidd
Devin Harris
Andre Miller
TJ Ford
Gilbert Arenas
Derrick Rose
Jose Calderon

Jose Calderon doesn't play defense, Arenas doesn't play defense, and Kidd sucks defensively against fast PG's (basically everyone). Rondo may, in fact, be the best defensive PG in all the NBA. How does that not factor into this debate at all? It's become increasingly obvious that in order to win a Championship you need to play great defense.

Chicagofaithful
12-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Jose Calderon doesn't play defense, Arenas doesn't play defense, and Kidd sucks defensively against fast PG's (basically everyone). Rondo may, in fact, be the best defensive PG in all the NBA. How does that not factor into this debate at all? It's become increasingly obvious that in order to win a Championship you need to play great defense.

I definitely agree... it's a big deal... and frankly its definitely underrated because it's a lot more fun to watch offense. Rondo's defense is solid.. but i definitely wouldnt say he has the best defense in the NBA, remember he had the defensive player of the year right behind him, so if someone beat him, they still had to face KG. You gotta take it all in...

superkegger
12-04-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm not entirely sure where to rate him. I'm not all that impressed with him as a whole. he'd got skills, but you take away the 3 HOFers and replace them with 3 just good players, I'm not sure rajon rondo would come up on anybody's top 20 pg's list....maybe he would. I don't know, its hard to say since we haven't really seen rondo in that capacity, and wont for a few years.

JIDsanity
12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Average, may be a little better than avg now and for some time in his prime, but he can be replaced.

td0tsfinest
12-04-2008, 05:53 PM
he's not a elite.. no way. statistically he's above average.

td0tsfinest
12-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Thats a bold statment. CP3 IMO is the best defensive PG in the league, DWill b/c of his size can pose a threat to opposing PGs and Derricks Rose's Defense is surprisingly good so far.

Props to Chicago for making this thread, You should have just given two options on the post. Yes or No because that was the debate all night yesterday.

SportsFan9
12-04-2008, 06:02 PM
I voted for "Not Elite Just Above Average."

He doesn't quite crack my top 10 but he is pretty close.

Kaptain Kanada
12-04-2008, 06:28 PM
He's good, not above average though... Steve Blake would kill with the Celts.. haha.

Chicagofaithful
12-04-2008, 06:52 PM
yeah i thought about saying just "yes or no" but then you get all those people who are like "well idk i said yes because he isnt terrible" ect..

The Answer3
12-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Not elite just above average. He needs to work on certain areas such as his jumper and he often forces things. He's an above average playmaker and an above average defender. I'll say top 12.