PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 PG's under 25 yrs of Age

SpeeMN
12-04-2008, 02:49 PM
People have been talking a lot about Rajon Rondo and Devin Harris. I want to know what people think. This can hopefully tell us who the next Elite PG's will be when all the veterans are gone. If the player is used as a PG at all he can be on the list. I believe that includes Brandon Roy. My List:

1- Chris Paul
2- Deron Wiliams
3- Brandon Roy
4- Monta Ellise
5- Devin Harris
6- Derrick Rose
7- Rajon Rondo
8- Rudy Fernandez
9- OJ Mayo
10- Raymond Felton

I wish I could put Foye in...

bostncelts34
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
People have been talking a lot about Rajon Rondo and Devin Harris. I want to know what people think. This can hopefully tell us who the next Elite PG's will be when all the veterans are gone. If the player is used as a PG at all he can be on the list. I believe that includes Brandon Roy. My List:

1- Chris Paul
2- Deron Wiliams
3- Brandon Roy
4- Monta Ellise
5- Devin Harris
6- Derrick Rose
7- Rajon Rondo
8- Rudy Fernandez
9- OJ Mayo
10- Raymond Felton

for some reason i always think of Roy as a SG. Maybe just because of his size? orr is he?lol

And not to be bias, but i wouldnt put Rose ahead of Rondo. other than that, nto a bad list

fatpat1116
12-04-2008, 02:52 PM
you really wouldent put rose over rondo?????????????? i would put rose felton and mayo over him

SteveNash
12-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Roy isn't under 25 and isn't a PG.

Monta Ellis is suspended, hasn't shown PG skills, and is injured.

Devin Harris isn't under 25.

Rudy Fernandez isn't a PG.

OJ Mayo isn't a PG.

SpeeMN
12-04-2008, 02:55 PM
for some reason i always think of Roy as a SG. Maybe just because of his size? orr is he?lol

And not to be bias, but i wouldnt put Rose ahead of Rondo. other than that, nto a bad list
The reason I put Roy in was because in 'yahoo fantasy basketball' he is a PG,SG. And Rondo maybe should be put ahead of Rose, but Rose is already the best player on his team. Not saying Rondo can possibly ever be better than KG or the others. Up for grabs.

SpeeMN
12-04-2008, 02:57 PM
your right, devin harris is 25

SpeeMN
12-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Roy is 24

Be-EaZY bEASLEy
12-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I like how you mostly put shooting guards

Nocioni5
12-04-2008, 03:14 PM

:pity:
put rondo on a team with out the big three and see how he does??? rose is already better than rondo will ever be!
rondo is being overhyped after one triple double or one good game!

Giaps
12-04-2008, 03:17 PM
CP3
D-Will
D-Rose

After that it's all opinion.

BuddyJesus
12-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Mayo's a shooting guard first of all, so I think Roy is too.

Draco
12-04-2008, 03:19 PM
1- Chris Paul
2- Deron Wiliams
3- Derrick Rose

In no particular order. :cool:

Jonathan2323
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM

1- Chris Paul
2- Deron Wiliams
3- Brandon Roy
4- Monta Ellise
5- Devin Harris
6- Derrick Rose
7- Rajon Rondo
8- Rudy Fernandez
9- OJ Mayo
10- Raymond Felton

the guys in bold are not PGs

Draco
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Mayo's a shooting guard first of all, so I think Roy is too.

I'd take the list with a grain of salt.. only a handful of these players are one's that are untouchable.. IMO, that's where you start with a list of Top PG's.

Jonathan2323
12-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Mario Chalmers is a PG under 25

DerekRE_3
12-04-2008, 03:24 PM
you really wouldent put rose over rondo?????????????? i would put rose felton and mayo over him

I wouldn't put Felton ahead of him. Felton has been play pretty well as of late, but he's so inconsistent and shoots like 40%, while Rondo shoots over 50%.

superkegger
12-04-2008, 03:28 PM

so is roko ukic, but that has no relevance either.

Jonathan2323
12-04-2008, 03:30 PM
so is roko ukic, but that has no relevance either.

seriously? you have never seen Mario play, so before you make a comment like that watch him.

ChadB2787
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Not one person has mentioned Stuckey... His numbers don't reflect what he brings to the pistons. They have been shaky this year but he has been solid. Last 4 games, 12.5pts, 7 assists, in 26 minutes. Plus he has to share with time with Iverson. I think he should be mentioned as an up and comer.

MiamiHeat
12-04-2008, 03:51 PM

thank you :clap:
I guess people haven't been watching Mario play

td0tsfinest
12-04-2008, 03:54 PM
seriously? you have never seen Mario play, so before you make a comment like that watch him.

I don't think thats what he meant. All you said was Mario Chambers is a PG under 25. You should put some insight next time. But I agree Chambers is sick.

Even though the best Pgs in the league are Under 25 (CP3, DWill, Rose) most teams have an older PG, its bit hard. If this thread was meant for Rondo to be listed in the top 10 of a category, ye he is in the top 10 under 25 because of the numbers he pulls down.

chisoxfan620
12-04-2008, 03:54 PM
A lot of lack of respect to Derrick Rose on this thread. Everyone, Derrick Rose is already a top 5 pg in the NBA. And no Rajon Rondo is not better than him by any stretch of the imagination. I love Rajon but Derrick is CLEARLY way better.

td0tsfinest
12-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Not one person has mentioned Stuckey... His numbers don't reflect what he brings to the pistons. They have been shaky this year but he has been solid. Last 4 games, 12.5pts, 7 assists, in 26 minutes. Plus he has to share with time with Iverson. I think he should be mentioned as an up and comer.

Ye I'm definitely suprised. Stuckey is more of a pure PG than rondo is.

Giaps
12-04-2008, 04:00 PM
The Knicks 2009 draft pick. How bout them apples?

cheetos185
12-04-2008, 04:01 PM

the topic is top 10 PG's under 25 not PG under 25 :rolleyes:

Giaps
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM
And since it's under 25, I nominate Nate Robinson:
14.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.7 spg, .40 3p%

StraightBallin
12-04-2008, 04:09 PM
:pity:
put rondo on a team with out the big three and see how he does??? rose is already better than rondo will ever be!
rondo is being overhyped after one triple double or one good game!

If you put Rondo on a team like the Clippers I guarantee you that he would have way better stats than he does now. Pierce and Garnett are both playmakers and, Pierce, Garnett, and Allen are all scorers so playing with the big 3 actually takes away from his scoring and assists numbers. If you watched every Celtics game you would understand. When Rondo is in with the Celtics 2nd unit is when he scores most of his points. I haven't seen a PG yet that can stay in front of him. He gets into the paint at will and, knows he how to finish. I would take Rondo over Devin Harris all day every day.

MiamiHeat
12-04-2008, 04:12 PM

have you seen mario play?
didn't he have 17 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds against the Knicks?

Giaps
12-04-2008, 04:13 PM
If you put Rondo on a team like the Clippers I guarantee you that he would have way better stats than he does now. Pierce and Garnett are both playmakers and, Pierce, Garnett, and Allen are all scorers so playing with the big 3 actually takes away from his scoring and assists numbers.
Playing with good players raises your assists because they can finish the play. His scoring would go up on a bad team but I suspect his assists would go down.

Mane
12-04-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't think Mayo and Fernandez play PG.

1-800-STFU
12-04-2008, 04:16 PM
If you put Rondo on a team like the Clippers I guarantee you that he would have way better stats than he does now. Pierce and Garnett are both playmakers and, Pierce, Garnett, and Allen are all scorers so playing with the big 3 actually takes away from his scoring and assists numbers. If you watched every Celtics game you would understand. When Rondo is in with the Celtics 2nd unit is when he scores most of his points. I haven't seen a PG yet that can stay in front of him. He gets into the paint at will and, knows he how to finish. I would take Rondo over Devin Harris all day every day.

Homer.

Yogi
12-04-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't think Mayo and Fernandez play PG.

Fernandez isn't a point guard.

Too bad Mike James isn't under 25.

sager729
12-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Definately it is

1.CP3
2.D-Ron
3.D-Rose
4.Rondo
5.Harris

chicagowhitesox
12-04-2008, 04:21 PM
half those players aren't pgs. rose belongs in top 3.

StraightBallin
12-04-2008, 04:21 PM
The people that are saying that Derrick Rose is already in the top 5 PG's in basketball are foolish. He's good and, has the potential to be great but, do not put him with Chris Paul and Deron Williams yet guys. Here's a little stat to check out. Go look at the 1 head to head matchup between Derrick Rose and Rajon Rondo so far. Their stats are almost identical and, I'll make sure to watch closely when the Celtics and Bulls meet again in a couple weeks.

pmmr2113
12-04-2008, 04:26 PM
where's jordan farmar on this list?

StraightBallin
12-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Playing with good players raises your assists because they can finish the play. His scoring would go up on a bad team but I suspect his assists would go down.

I doubt it because a lot of the time Pierce is playing point foward and, I've seen Rondo hit KG right under the hoop for an easy bucket numerous times where KG will pass up the basket to hit a wide open Perkins or Powe or whoever is cutting to the hoop. KG passes up easy buckets all the time to make the extra pass because he's a playmaker and that's what playmakers do so, in reality the Celtics have 3 playmakers in the starting 5 and, that takes away from Rondo's assist numbers most definitely.

barreleffact
12-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Curious...what do you guys think about Ramon Sessions and DJ Augustine?

BoltLakerPadre
12-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Roy and Fernadez are both SG. And I would put Rose above Rondo. If he hasn't earned it yet, he will, and then you'll feel dumb.

Cavs_Fan24
12-04-2008, 04:32 PM

1- Chris Paul
2- Deron Wiliams
3- Brandon Roy
4- Monta Ellise
5- Devin Harris
6- Derrick Rose
7- Rajon Rondo
8- Rudy Fernandez
9- OJ Mayo10- Raymond Felton

I don't think Roy, Fernandez and Mayo are even PGs. And my list would be a bit different.

1-Paul
2-D-Will
3-Harris
4-Rose
5-Ellis
6-Rondo
7-Augustin
8-Stuckey
9-Felton
10-?

No other PGs under 25 have really established themselves like these guys have. I can see maybe Conley, Bayless, or Daniel Gibson being the guy at #10, but nobody really stands out for me at the last spot.

Gibby23
12-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Monta Ellise hasn't even played PG yet. He was a SG with B Davis and now we don't even know if he can play PG yet

Westbrook36
12-04-2008, 04:33 PM

Without a doubt I would..

MoBASS
12-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Call him "Ray-on" Rondo cause he got no J... overrated.

Rose>>>>Rondo

Vinny642
12-04-2008, 04:59 PM
All you need to worry about is Cp3 and DWill

Lakersfan2483
12-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Chris Paul
Derron Williams
Derrick Rose
Devin Harris
Rajon Rondo
Rodney Stuckey
Jordan Farmar
Mario Chalmers

MiamiHeat
12-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Chris Paul
Derron Williams
Derrick Rose
Devin Harris
Rajon Rondo
Rodney Stuckey
Jordan Farmar
Mario Chalmers

finally :clap:
it took 4 pages for somebody other than a Heat fan to bring Mario's name up :p

JIDsanity
12-04-2008, 05:35 PM
People need to calm down with these PG threads it's getting annoying.

1060 Addison
this is simple
1)CP3-The guy is a double double machine plus plays sick defense and makes Tyson Chandler and West look like all stars.
2)D-Will-Floor general w/great sense of when to pass and when he needs to score for his team.
3)D.Rose-he could be one soon if tha bulls get some players to take som pressure of him. The guy is what steph should've been,better,w/a better attitude. Plus he actually has a better j than CP3.
4)Nash-He still has it just has no one to give it to,but this guy put up assist numbers over tha past three years that rival the greats.(Stockton,Magic)
5)Rajon Rondo-I am still iffy,but the dude is playing out of his mind. I wonder if it is a result of KG. He does play lockdown D and makes the right decision w/the ball.

MakaSizzle
C.PAUL
D.WILL
D.ROSE (#2 by the allstar break)
D.HARRIS
R.STUCKEY
R.RANDO

Big Quett
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
The Knicks 2009 draft pick. How bout them apples?

Also known as the Jazz's draft pick. Since that is where it is going. Now how about those apples? lol

Big Quett
12-04-2008, 05:49 PM
And since it's under 25, I nominate Nate Robinson:
14.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.7 spg, .40 3p%

Nate is not a pg. He is just short. Like Ben Gordon. Both of them are just SG's stuck in pg's body. Same goes with Eddie House and Monta Ellis

Big Quett
12-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Curious...what do you guys think about Ramon Sessions and DJ Augustine?

I love Sessions i think he should definitely be in the convo. But i think with Augustine and rose you have to wait atleast for them to do it a whole season. I love Rose but people lets not put him in the hall of fame already. He hasnt even play a whole season yet.

For the future i would take rose over rondo.i think that is easy. i dont think even the most loyal Rondo fans could argue that. But for right now and this season i would take Rondo hands down because he has done it at the highest level already in the playoffs and in the finals.

SportsFan9
12-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Derrick Rose are top 3 on my list, since they will be scary good.

1060 Addison
12-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I usually agree,but rose is tha real deal and sometimes you just know,but i tend to feel tha same way. The kid just has "it".

Cubs Win
12-04-2008, 06:16 PM
And not to be bias, but i wouldnt put Rose ahead of Rondo.
:speechless:
That's foolish. Rose is waaay better than Rondo. Rose puts up better numbers with less around him at a younger age. Rose can knock down jumpers, something Rondo cannot. Rose is also a better passer. He's also bigger and stronger too. So I have no idea where you got your idea from.

mjt20mik
12-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Chris Duhon??

b_rad23
12-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Chris Duhon??

Yeah, 26 year old Chris Duhon is probably a top 10 PG under 25 years of age.

Same to the guy who said Nash; I'm shocked that people aren't even reading the title of the thread.

Second City
12-04-2008, 06:54 PM
1. CP3
2. D-Will
3. D-Rose
4. Harris
After that it doesn't really matter.

The Blue Baller
12-04-2008, 07:00 PM
I love Sessions i think he should definitely be in the convo. But i think with Augustine and rose you have to wait atleast for them to do it a whole season. I love Rose but people lets not put him in the hall of fame already. He hasnt even play a whole season yet.

For the future i would take rose over rondo.i think that is easy. i dont think even the most loyal Rondo fans could argue that. But for right now and this season i would take Rondo hands down because he has done it at the highest level already in the playoffs and in the finals.

No one is trying to put him in the hall of fame, they're putting him in a top 10 list of pgs under 25 years of age (which he is) on a sports forum. You're more than welcome to disagree, but you'll lose every ounce of credibility you have and no one will ever take any of your opinions seriously again.

Shaq back 2 L.A
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM
1- Chris Paul
2- Deron Wiliams
3- Brandon Roy
4- Monta Ellise
5- Devin Harris
6- Derrick Rose
7- Rajon Rondo
8- Rudy Fernandez
9- foye
10-jordan farmar

Giaps
12-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Also known as the Jazz's draft pick. Since that is where it is going. Now how about those apples? lol
How does it feel to talk with your foot in your mouth?

The 2009 pick is top 23 protected and is unprotected in 2010 so the Jazz will get it then. Do your research.

egptnwarrior22
12-04-2008, 07:52 PM
This is a useless argument...You can't really tell what a player is fully capable of until he's 26-28 yrs old

fatpat1116
12-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't put Felton ahead of him. Felton has been play pretty well as of late, but he's so inconsistent and shoots like 40%, while Rondo shoots over 50%.

Fair point but rondo shoots less and my point was that not only would Felton have won the championship last year had he been in rondos shoes he is also more talented on a blank canvas he just has more game. Not to mention if rondo was on the bobcats last year as the only pg no felton or Augustine it would have been a disaster.

hes just a classic case of a guys entire career being shaped off of being in the right place at the right time

fatpat1116
12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
:speechless:
That's foolish. Rose is waaay better than Rondo. Rose puts up better numbers with less around him at a younger age. Rose can knock down jumpers, something Rondo cannot. Rose is also a better passer. He's also bigger and stronger too. So I have no idea where you got your idea from.

i cant believe it either man crazy right rondo over rose its just absurd rose would have been able to lead last years celtics team to the chip fresh out of highschool

whitesox24/7
12-04-2008, 08:50 PM
definitely should have rose 3rd!

AirFartOne
12-04-2008, 09:01 PM
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Devin Harris
4) Monta Ellis
5) Rajon Rondo
6) Derrick Rose
7) Rodney Stuckey
8) Ramon Sessions
9) Randy Foye
10) Ricky Rubio

I know Rubio isn't in the NBA yet, that's why he is #10. :cool:

StraightBallin
12-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Fair point but rondo shoots less and my point was that not only would Felton have won the championship last year had he been in rondos shoes he is also more talented on a blank canvas he just has more game. Not to mention if rondo was on the bobcats last year as the only pg no felton or Augustine it would have been a disaster.

hes just a classic case of a guys entire career being shaped off of being in the right place at the right time

Felton definitely would not have won a championship last year with the Celtics. Rondo came up huge defensively in crucial games and, that's something that Felton can't do. If Rondo was on the Bobcats they'd be better than they are with Felton. Rondo over Felton is a no brainer and anyone that would rather have Felton doesn't know anything about basketball at all.

StraightBallin
12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
i cant believe it either man crazy right rondo over rose its just absurd rose would have been able to lead last years celtics team to the chip fresh out of highschool

I think Rose over Rondo is an argument that makes a hell of a lot more sense than Felton over Rondo so, if I were you I'd keep my mouth shut because you are making yourself look more and more ridiculous with every line you drop.

BADizzleBoY
12-04-2008, 09:47 PM
You guys repeat yourself,,, constantly

StraightBallin
12-04-2008, 09:48 PM
this is simple
1)CP3-The guy is a double double machine plus plays sick defense and makes Tyson Chandler and West look like all stars.
2)D-Will-Floor general w/great sense of when to pass and when he needs to score for his team.
3)D.Rose-he could be one soon if tha bulls get some players to take som pressure of him. The guy is what steph should've been,better,w/a better attitude. Plus he actually has a better j than CP3.
4)Nash-He still has it just has no one to give it to,but this guy put up assist numbers over tha past three years that rival the greats.(Stockton,Magic)
5)Rajon Rondo-I am still iffy,but the dude is playing out of his mind. I wonder if it is a result of KG. He does play lockdown D and makes the right decision w/the ball.

This guy knows basketball. He's got it absolutely right as far as top point guards in basketball but, Nash isn't under 25. Still he has the top 5 in the right order most definitely.

StraightBallin
12-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Chris Paul
Derron Williams
Derrick Rose
Devin Harris
Rajon Rondo
Rodney Stuckey
Jordan Farmar
Mario Chalmers

Rondo is most definitely ahead of Devin Harris. Harris is a SG in a PG's body. He's not a pure PG nor will he ever be a pure PG.

Agent008
12-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Is this how good they are now or how good they're going to be? What about Ricky Rubio or Brandon Jennings?

Raptors27
12-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't think Roy, Fernandez and Mayo are even PGs. And my list would be a bit different.

1-Paul
2-D-Will
3-Harris
4-Rose
5-Ellis
6-Rondo
7-Augustin
8-Stuckey
9-Felton
10-?

No other PGs under 25 have really established themselves like these guys have. I can see maybe Conley, Bayless, or Daniel Gibson being the guy at #10, but nobody really stands out for me at the last spot.

I think Ramon Sessions would be on that list.

rhino17
12-05-2008, 11:23 AM
AARON BROOKS should be somewhere around 10, he is far better than guys like Mario Chalmers

hotpotato1092
12-05-2008, 02:27 PM
first of all Mayo isn't a PG, neither if Rudy F. Anyway here's my two lists, one of who are the best munder 25 point guards in the NBA and the other of how those same 10 will be ranked in 5 years

List one:
1. CP3
2. Deron Williams
3. Brandon Roy (combo guard actually, but he's a playmaker so I'll put him on the list)
4. Devin Harris
5. Rajon Rondo
6. Derrick Rose
7. Monta Ellis (He'd be higher up if I thought he could be a pure point guard)
8. Raymond Felton
9. Jordan Farmar
10. D.J Augustin

list two (in five years)
1. CP3
2. Deron Williams
2a. Derrick Rose
4. Brandon Roy
5. Devin Harris
6. Rajon Rondo
7. D.J Augustin
8. Monta Ellis
9. Jordan Farmar
10. Raymond Felton

MiamiHeat
12-05-2008, 04:04 PM
AARON BROOKS should be somewhere around 10, he is far better than guys like Mario Chalmers

:laugh2:
sure he is ;)

cheetos185
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
have you seen mario play?
didn't he have 17 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds against the Knicks?

that doesn't make him top10 PG in the league

barreleffact
12-05-2008, 04:16 PM
first of all Mayo isn't a PG, neither if Rudy F. Anyway here's my two lists, one of who are the best munder 25 point guards in the NBA and the other of how those same 10 will be ranked in 5 years

List one:
1. CP3
2. Deron Williams
3. Brandon Roy (combo guard actually, but he's a playmaker so I'll put him on the list)
4. Devin Harris
5. Rajon Rondo
6. Derrick Rose
7. Monta Ellis (He'd be higher up if I thought he could be a pure point guard)
8. Raymond Felton
9. Jordan Farmar
10. D.J Augustin

list two (in five years)
1. CP3
2. Deron Williams
2a. Derrick Rose
4. Brandon Roy
5. Devin Harris
6. Rajon Rondo
7. D.J Augustin
8. Monta Ellis
9. Jordan Farmar
10. Raymond Felton

How is Ramon Sessions not on your list? He's top 6 by your list right now(considering Roy isnt a PG) and Monta has NEVER shown PG skills. Farmar can't even take Fisher's place yet, and Felton is incredibly inconsistant. sorry for nit picking tho, but I just beg to differ

MiamiHeat
12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
that doesn't make him top10 PG in the league

is under 25.....

Blazin_101
12-05-2008, 04:22 PM

1- Chris Paul
2- Deron Wiliams
3- Brandon Roy
4- Monta Ellise
5- Devin Harris
6- Derrick Rose
7- Rajon Rondo
8- Rudy Fernandez
9- OJ Mayo
10- Raymond Felton

Roy can play 1 and 2, he mostly plays the 2 spot but handles the ball more than our PG does, basicly anyone who says he cant point is just dead wrong. however Rudy aint a 1 he's a 2 who can play SOME 3.

barreleffact
12-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Roy can play 1 and 2, he mostly plays the 2 spot but handles the ball more than our PG does, basicly anyone who says he cant point is just dead wrong. however Rudy aint a 1 he's a 2 who can play SOME 3.

Would you call wade or Lebron PG's because they carry the ball more than their PG's? Roy CAN play point. he is very legit, but he's a SG IMO

Blazin_101
12-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Would you call wade or Lebron PG's because they carry the ball more than their PG's? Roy CAN play point. he is very legit, but he's a SG IMO

Ummm thanks for sharing my opinion...I guess? lol

and IMO wade is a natural 1 who plays the 2. Lebron yeah umm not even a PG...lol

madiaz3
12-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Rose > Rondo without a doubt. Not even close.

barreleffact
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Ummm thanks for sharing my opinion...I guess? lol

and IMO wade is a natural 1 who plays the 2. Lebron yeah umm not even a PG...lol

anytime:D. lol. i was just curious. didnt wanna offend u or nething, but it just goes with my point. lebron, wade, maybe a few others have the ball more than their pg's. however, they still arent pg's as of now so they cant match the list. thats just me tho. if roy was a pg they would be scary if they let rudy run the 2

LayZbone
12-05-2008, 05:02 PM

wrong. chalmers is the more complete player. brooks can score, but Mario is better at distributing the ball, not to mention he's tied for 5th in the league in steals per game. Only PG's ahead of him (under 25, cause Kidd is there too) are Paul and Rondo.

Mario might not be there just yet, but pretty soon he'll be a fantastic compliment to wade in the backcourt. The steal of the 2nd round is leading all rookies in steals, and only behind Rose in assists.

black1605
12-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Augustin

Blazin_101
12-05-2008, 06:12 PM
if roy was a pg they would be scary if they let rudy run the 2

I have dreams about that! lol

1 Roy
2 Rudy
3 Webster
4 Aldridge
5 Oden

29$JerZ
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Monta Ellis
Ramon Sessions
Rajon Rondo
D.J Augustin
Raymond Felton
Jordan Farmar
Mario Chalmers

Surprised Sessions hasn't been mentioned.

That's my Top Ten.

Cubs Man 5
12-05-2008, 07:15 PM
I honestly think that Rose is almost as good as D-Will already, and that's coming from an Illini fan.

D-Will is a better shooter, and he's stronger, but he also has Boozer, while Rose has Gooden.

But those 2 and Paul will be represetin the NBA for a long time.

rosesbulls
12-05-2008, 09:32 PM
CP3
D-Will
Rose
Devin Harris
Roy (not exactly a pg so cant put him higher but handles ball enough to put on list)
Rajon Rondo
Raymon Sessions
Felton
Augustin
Chalmers (if your going to put Rondo so high you also have to at least put Chalmers)

IBringTheHEAT
12-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Guys, in what way is Farmar better than Chalmers?

Jonathan2323
12-05-2008, 10:03 PM

I think he might be top 10 thats what i meant:rolleyes:

rosesbulls
12-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Chalmers is a great defensive pg and with so few pg and fewer under 25 Chalmers can be in that 9 or 10 spot people are underestimating him hell i might be underestimating him

Afridi786
12-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Rondo is so ugly therefore he is disqualified.

Big Quett
12-06-2008, 03:28 AM
No one is trying to put him in the hall of fame, they're putting him in a top 10 list of pgs under 25 years of age (which he is) on a sports forum. You're more than welcome to disagree, but you'll lose every ounce of credibility you have and no one will ever take any of your opinions seriously again.

Everybody is trying to put him in the HOF. Check the threads people are trying to put him at the top of every list there is. I seen a tread trying to say he was a top 10 player overall. Are you kidding me? The kid hasnt played 25 games.

Im from memphis and i love the kid but people please let him play a full season. Before all the comparisons come.

And as far as the Rondo and Rose debate. I will say this again I dont think there is even a discussion that Rose is the better long term answer. I think everyone would take him for the future. But for right now and this season (and probably only this season) i would take Rondo. I mean look at his body of work. He has done it on the biggest stage in the playoffs and the finals. I mean you cant overstate experience.