PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Boozer: Heat Rumors Will Continue

JordansBulls
12-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Source: Miami Herald (http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2008/12/dwyane-wade-a-g.html)

The Jazz's All-Star power forward, who keeps an offseason home in Miami, can opt out of his contract this summer. It's hard to figure seeing him in a Heat uniform considering the Heat has Michael Beasley and Udonis Haslem under contract beyond this season. But Boozer said he doesn't think the talk will die down so long as he lives in Miami. He works out with several Heat players during the offseason including Wade and Haslem.

"People want to talk about stuff, they're going to talk about it anyway," Boozer told the Salt Lake Tribune.

IRUAM #21
12-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Unless we use him at center we dont need him with Beasley/Haslem/Anthony at PF

jimbobjarree
12-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I checked, does Miami even have the cap to get him, they are 12.5 over the cap and have 21ish mill coming off this summer (presuming that Blount doesnt opt out, which he wont)?

I can see a sign and trade with Miami, I dont know what I'd want other than Beasley though, maybe throw some expirings in there, but I dont think Miami should be labelled the favorites to get him

SteveNash
12-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Boozer should really get out of Utah for the sake of his son.

superkegger
12-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Boozer doesn't even really make sense in Miami. I mean 3 starting PF's is nice and all....

DrDEADalready
12-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Boozer should really get out of Utah for the sake of his son.

From what i hear His son is cured now. so thats not a issue

jimbobjarree
12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I heard that too.

...lol and jordansbulls and his crazy boozer to chicago trades he posts...the last one was actually ok

SteveNash
12-04-2008, 03:08 PM
From what i hear His son is cured now. so thats not a issue

They came out with a cure for sickle cell anemia?

DrDEADalready
12-04-2008, 03:11 PM
yeah it was a procedure for sickle cell disease. that was like a 50/50. and they decided to go for it. and it worked. i dont know exactly what they did. but they did a interview on him. like 2-3 weeks ago. on espn and he was talking in the past tense with is son that had it. so as far as i know thats no longer a issue

jimbobjarree
12-04-2008, 03:49 PM
they had twins, which they took blood from the umbilical chord and it cured their first son.

MiamiHeat
12-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I rather get a good C than Boozer
we already have Beasley unless he becomes a SF which won't happen
no thank you Boozer you can go to Chicago which JordansBulls want :p
But if we get him I'm cool but right now I'm against it

GiantYankKnicks
12-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Beasley is like 6'8,I dont see him staying at PF for long,Joel Anthony is meh.Boozer at Center,Beasley at SF and Haslem at PF would be good

ATX
12-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Beasley is soooo weak as a PF. He NEVER crashes the boards, and get's beat up down low. I've seen him throw up so much weak crap down near the bucket. He never takes it strong. I don't know if it's a heart thing, or what....but damn. I bet you anything he's the starting SF next season. Boozer plays hard and actually attempts to go for loose balls. He would be much much better as our PF than Beasley. You can tell Beasley doesn't like to bang down low. He'd much rather prefer to hang around the wing and take uncontested shots...

SwaggaIke
12-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Beasley is soooo weak as a PF. He NEVER crashes the boards, and get's beat up down low. I've seen him throw up so much weak crap down near the bucket. He never takes it strong. I don't know if it's a heart thing, or what....but damn. I bet you anything he's the starting SF next season. Boozer plays hard and actually attempts to go for loose balls. He would be much much better as our PF than Beasley. You can tell Beasley doesn't like to bang down low. He'd much rather prefer to hang around the wing and take uncontested shots...

Beasley has been balling out of his mind the last three games and crashing the boards consistently. The problem w/ a lot of you is you didn't know who Beasley was to begin w/. Now that you get to see him on the regular basis as a Heat fan, you're surprised. We have two 10 bpg players on our roster, plus D Wade and Anthony...he ain't gettin 10 a game.

Westbrook36
12-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Boozer doesn't even really make sense in Miami. I mean 3 starting PF's is nice and all....

Beasley would be a SF.

Mario
Wade
Beasley
Boozer
Blank

NYKnickFanatic
12-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Beasley has been balling out of his mind the last three games and crashing the boards consistently. The problem w/ a lot of you is you didn't know who Beasley was to begin w/. Now that you get to see him on the regular basis as a Heat fan, you're surprised. We have two 10 bpg players on our roster, plus D Wade and Anthony...he ain't gettin 10 a game.

Not even ONE person on your team averages 10 blocks a game, let alone TWO...:pity:

ATX
12-04-2008, 05:34 PM

I didn't know who Beasley was to begin with?? I saw him play much more often in college than I have as a Heat fan, so that statement does not apply to me. I saw him play in person, and living in Austin (A big 12 city) plenty of K States games were televised. I've only watched 5 Heat games this year...I had faith that Beasley could compete as a PF in the NBA....but I just don't see that happening anymore. I argued with peole that said he would be a SF in the NBA before, but now I see they were right, and I was wrong. Beasley get's his ***** handed to him every night down low. He's much better suited for the SF spot. At least when he get's beat on D, he should have some help to back him up.

SwaggaIke
12-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Not even ONE person on your team averages 10 blocks a game, let alone TWO...:pity:

The fact that you're not bright enough to realize a typo when you see one speaks volumes.

SwaggaIke
12-04-2008, 07:58 PM
I didn't know who Beasley was to begin with?? I saw him play much more often in college than I have as a Heat fan, so that statement does not apply to me. I saw him play in person, and living in Austin (A big 12 city) plenty of K States games were televised. I've only watched 5 Heat games this year...I had faith that Beasley could compete as a PF in the NBA....but I just don't see that happening anymore. I argued with peole that said he would be a SF in the NBA before, but now I see they were right, and I was wrong. Beasley get's his ***** handed to him every night down low. He's much better suited for the SF spot. At least when he get's beat on D, he should have some help to back him up.

Obviously not if you're surprised by what you're seeing. He's a rookie who's never had to play defense in his life or break a sweat on the court. He's had to assume three different roles before even playing 20 games in the league. Its obvious that he has settled into his role off the bench in the last few games and he's paying huge dividends. Look at how his minutes have fluctuated this season. He's playing 10 minutes less than most of his counterparts and he's still coming to play and keeping a great attitude. He deserves a lot more credit than what you're giving him. I guess people forget he is a rookie, playing w/ two all stars that are priority before him. Not to mention the fact that Haslem is more of our third guy seeing as he's starting. Beasley really stepped up his defensive intensity against the Warriors and is one of the main reasons we came away w/ that victory. His heads of defensive play sealed that game for us.

theuuord
12-04-2008, 08:05 PM
The fact that you're not bright enough to realize a typo when you see one speaks volumes.

lol. and probably the most obvious one possible. i was actually shocked someone said that.

Mario
Wade
Beasley
Boozer
Blank

with a decent center, that's an instant contender...

Be-EaZY bEASLEy
12-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Beasley is like 6'8,I dont see him staying at PF for long,Joel Anthony is meh.Boozer at Center,Beasley at SF and Haslem at PF would be good

You must not know!!! Joel is a beast had 4 blocks in four minutes!

Be-EaZY bEASLEy
12-04-2008, 08:09 PM

Yea becuase beasley is just soft never does anything to help the team right?? :eyebrow: Hater

cmellofan15
12-04-2008, 08:17 PM

Abe you sebious?

Yeah, fobget about R's we use B's now!

It's not an obvious typo either?!? R isn't anywhere B,A,P, or any otheb letteb that you can tubn into an avebage on the keyboarb.

theuuord
12-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Abe you sebious?

Yeah, fobget about R's we use B's now!

It's not an obvious typo either?!? R isn't anywhere B,A,P, or any otheb letteb that you can tubn into an avebage on the keyboarb.

i'm pretty sure he was saying "boards per game," which is a mistake but an innocent one. anyone with a brain knows that nobody in the history of the nba has averaged ten blocks a game, and that beasley is a rebounding threat, not a blocks threat.
it's not that hard to actually figure out if you take two seconds to think about it.

SwaggaIke
12-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Sometimes I forget about the amount of children that are on these boards. Of course I didn't mean to type 10 bpg, I type extremely fast and sometimes errors occur. Obviously if the subject at hand is "rebounding" I won't switch to discussing blocks.

Jonathan2323
12-04-2008, 10:16 PM
i dont want Boozer but i know Boozer wants us. Who would'nt want to live in Miami and play with D WAde

stevefrancis
12-04-2008, 11:46 PM
carlos boozer will make heat loozers.

Wade_County
12-05-2008, 12:51 PM

thank you ive been saying play Beasley at SF all year