PDA

View Full Version : top 10 power fowards

skinsfan4life80
12-04-2008, 11:34 AM
playersvoice released its top 10 power fowards list check it out. Who do you guys think is missing.

http://www.playersvoice.com/nba/top-10-power-forwards.html

Vidball
12-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Gasol...he should be #6 on the list IMO

skinsfan4life80
12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
6 for Gasol is kind of high. Who would you take off?

Hellcrooner
12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
i asume Gasol was listed in the CENTER category by this dudes.

Otherwise they are completely stupid.

dre1990
12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Carlos should be in the top 5

Hellcrooner
12-04-2008, 12:16 PM
You have Kg and TD

then you can use dirk, pau and stou in any combination posible from 3 to 5 deppending in what you look for in a PF since they play three styles compeltely different.

then comes boozer and brand.

JJ81
12-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Gasol should definitely be on that list somewhere.

ramz.n
12-04-2008, 12:40 PM
You have Kg and TD

then you can use dirk, pau and stou in any combination posible from 3 to 5 deppending in what you look for in a PF since they play three styles compeltely different.

sorry but #3 is bosh

skinsfan4life80
12-04-2008, 12:43 PM
if Gasol goes on the list who comes off? And anyone who thinks Gasol is better then Bosh is crazy

rhino17
12-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Bosh is way too high, he is VASTLY overrated. He should be around #6 or #7

torontosports10
12-04-2008, 12:56 PM
hahaha ****ing haters on Bosh. He is an amazing player. All i ever read from rhino is him syain all the Raptors players suck and are over-rated and how Yao is the best gift from god ever.

rhino17
12-04-2008, 01:02 PM
hahaha ****ing haters on Bosh. He is an amazing player. All i ever read from rhino is him syain all the Raptors players suck and are over-rated and how Yao is the best gift from god ever.

Bosh is putting up great numbers on a terrible team, its not that difficult

I have NEVER spoken that highly of Yao, in fact I bash Yao a lot, however he is still the best center in the nba and has proven it. Chris Bosh has proven he is the best player among a team of mediocre players, good for him

DrDEADalready
12-04-2008, 01:05 PM
list seems about right.

Dmagic87
12-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Duncan
Amare
KG
Bosh
Brand
Dirk
Boozer
Gasol
West
Sheed

PhillyOwnsAll
12-04-2008, 01:09 PM
elton brand shouldnt even be on that list, ive been watchin him now that hes with philly...he sucks, hes no power forward...he prefers to shoot a 17 ft jumper and clank it than post someone up and put a move on them

skinsfan4life80
12-04-2008, 01:18 PM
elton brand shouldnt even be on that list, ive been watchin him now that hes with philly...he sucks, hes no power forward...he prefers to shoot a 17 ft jumper and clank it than post someone up and put a move on them

Elton Brand is a beast thats been proven year in and year out. your problem in philly is he gets doubled on every play and no one on the team shot if there life depended on it. MAybe if your team could make open jumpers or your center had the slightest hint of an offensive game Brand would be able to do some work. Who is the best shoter on the sixers?

Be-EaZY bEASLEy
12-04-2008, 02:04 PM

No i think your overrated. :eyebrow: I think your a hater, Im a heat fan but Bosh is a top 5 power forward in the league.

Vidball
12-04-2008, 02:19 PM
My list:
1. TD
2. KG
3. Bosh
4. Amar'e
5. Dirk
6. Gasol
7. Boozer
8. Brand
9. West
10. Jamison

I personally think Sheed is better than Jamison but he just doesn't bring it every game. It seems like he is only playing hard half the time.

Hellcrooner
12-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Of course Pau has a real problem to shine in this lists..... As i said Td and KG are way better than him but the rest:

Dirk has received passes from Nash and Kidd

Stoudamire receives passes from Nash

Bosh receives passes from Tj and Calderon.

West receives it from Paul

Boozer from Deron ( he wasnt THAT great in Cle inst it?)

Sheed from Billups.

is any of the aforementioned a worst PG than Jayson Williams and Dereck Fisher?

:)

Wonder what would Pau do with Nash or Kidd passing it to him, i ALREADY know what happens when Calderon is his PG ( check his stats with spain....)

Hellcrooner
12-04-2008, 02:36 PM
^and i woudl also love to see Randolph and Brand witch such Company at the PG....i think peoples view on them would change A LOT:

Lakersfan2483
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
playersvoice released its top 10 power fowards list check it out. Who do you guys think is missing.

http://www.playersvoice.com/nba/top-10-power-forwards.html

I disagree with the list, Gasol should be in the top ten for sure.

My list

Duncan
KG
Amare
Bosh
Dirk
Gasol
Boozer
E. Brand
D. West
R. Wallace (He has the talent to be in the top 3, but he prefers to play like a role player at times and refuses to post up. His defense is in the top 3 for sure. When Sheed is on his game, he is almost unstoppable.)

skinsfan4life80
12-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Dirk won the MVP of the whole NBA without Nash or Kidd, no matter who passes to him he is good

BoltLakerPadre
12-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Wow, Gasol is better than West and Jamison combined. And he's surpassed Wallace by now, and this year at least he's been much better than Brand. But if he's listed as a center, well then they haven't updated their list in a while.

Cavs_Fan24
12-04-2008, 04:38 PM

uhhhh..... WHAT!?! R U KIDDING??:speechless:

Have you seen this guy play?:confused:
He's phenomenal. He's gotten a lot better and much more consistent from last season. You obviously haven't seen him actually play, becase someone that has could NEVER say that about Bosh.

skinsfan4life80
12-04-2008, 04:41 PM
When did avg 17 and 9 become the greatest feat in the history of basketball? Yea Gasol is good but guys are making him out to be Karl Malone 2.0. At best Gasol is 8th and worse 11th. I wonder where all his greatness was in finals last year, he was a complete bust then.

NYMetros
12-04-2008, 05:34 PM

Why is he overrated? He's a great scorer, has a good mid-range game, he's a solid defender.

I think this is a quality list too. Gasol definitely should be on there, as well as Al Jefferson, but maybe he considers Big Al to be a C. If he considers Gasol to be a C, then I guess he thinks the Lakers have 2 C's, because Bynum is the center on that team too.

EAGLES3658
12-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Gasol is so overrated.......there is no way i would take him over Boozer

nashty13
12-04-2008, 06:07 PM

agreed man. I'm a suns fan and would rather have bosh than amare

nashty13
12-04-2008, 06:09 PM
I disagree with the list, Gasol should be in the top ten for sure.

My list

Duncan
KG
Amare
Bosh
Dirk
Gasol
Boozer
E. Brand
D. West
R. Wallace (He has the talent to be in the top 3, but he prefers to play like a role player at times and refuses to post up. His defense is in the top 3 for sure. When Sheed is on his game, he is almost unstoppable.)

I almost agree. I think boozer, brand and gasol are pretty interchangeable. In your (lakers) system, Gaso should be #6, but as a player outside of the Triangle offense, I'd put him behind boozer and brand, since those two are physical players who can take over games.

skinsfan4life80
12-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I think brand and boozer are pretty interchangeable but i would i give brand the knod because he blocks shots. Boozer blocks like 2 shots a year

td0tsfinest
12-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I think the list is pretty on. Though I think Amare could be 4 but I don't mind Dirk there. If this was purely based on stats for a fantasy league, I think the Rank should be:
1. Amare
2. Dirk
3. Bosh
4. Al Jefferson
5. Antawn Jamison
6. Kevin Garnett
7. David West
8. Rashard Lewis
9. Pau Gasol
10. Spencer Hawes
Based on Yahoo Ranking.
Big difference b/w reality and fantasy.

mjt20mik
12-04-2008, 06:27 PM
I think the list is pretty on. Though I think Amare could be 4 but I don't mind Dirk there. If this was purely based on stats for a fantasy league, I think the Rank should be:
1. Amare
2. Dirk
3. Bosh
4. Al Jefferson
5. Antawn Jamison
6. Kevin Garnett
7. David West
8. Rashard Lewis
9. Pau Gasol
10. Spencer Hawes
Based on Yahoo Ranking.
Big difference b/w reality and fantasy.

Woah! Fantasy is so messed compared to reality. Top 2 are TD and KG. Anyone else can basically be interchanged.

Gibby23
12-04-2008, 06:36 PM
I almost agree. I think boozer, brand and gasol are pretty interchangeable. In your (lakers) system, Gaso should be #6, but as a player outside of the Triangle offense, I'd put him behind boozer and brand, since those two are physical players who can take over games.

Did you see Brand trying to guard Gaso yesterday? He couldn't do it. Did you see Gasol hold Boozer, TD, and KG to under 45% FG in the playoffs last year? Did you see how Gasol shut down Dirk when they played this year. He is top 6.

Vinny642
12-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Wow, Gasol is better than West and Jamison combined. And he's surpassed Wallace by now, and this year at least he's been much better than Brand. But if he's listed as a center, well then they haven't updated their list in a while.

Gasol is better then West and Jamison but WTF are you dumb he aint better then them combined. I respect Gasol and Farmar from the Lakers no else deserves my respect but that was a ignorant comment

rosesbulls
12-04-2008, 11:29 PM
You have Kg and TD

Forgetting Bosh, and pau isn't nearly as good as amar'e and Dirk is soft but Dirk is 1 of best all around pf in league (he has can post if necesary)

Pau should take the 7 spot were Boozer was.

Boozer should move up 2 imo he is better then dirk sense dirk plays like a sf with a good shot.

Elton brand stays were he is mostly just because he is 1 of 3 players who are active with a career average of 20/10 or better (other to Shaq and Duncan)

I think Bosh has shown this year he has passed Garnett as the 2nd best PF in the league and in a yaer or two will be ahead of Duncan as well mostly because duncan would be an old man in nba years against a guy in his prime.

West should move to the 10 spot for Pau and Thornton

Rasheed doesn't look the same this year and That he should also be pushed off this list for Al Jefferson and move al ahead of West and Jamison.

So...

West
Jefferson
Pau
Brand
Dirk
Boozer
Amar'e
KG
Bosh
TD

ShaunRiching9
12-04-2008, 11:35 PM
wow im glad peopleare starting to realize how god damn good chris bosh is

Vinny642
12-04-2008, 11:39 PM
bosh is amazing as hell defintely top5

SportsFan9
12-04-2008, 11:39 PM
I think the list is pretty accurate and not to far off. Nice to see Bosh getting atleast some respect.

LAcowBOMBER
12-05-2008, 02:26 AM
if Gasol goes on the list who comes off? And anyone who thinks Gasol is better then Bosh is crazy

Jamison
Wallace
Boozer

And those are just the ones that shouldn't even be argued

KobeIs
12-05-2008, 02:30 AM
Wow that list is extremely flawed. Don't think Wallace should be on the list. Insert Pau at 7 or 8.

I'd have either Amare or Bosh at the 5 and 4 and Dirk at 6.

UnWantedTheory
12-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Duncan
Amare
KG
Bosh
Brand
Dirk
Boozer
Gasol
West
Sheed

Amare ahead of KG? Wow...

robdizzle3
12-05-2008, 02:57 AM
Gasol should be on list and maybe even Al Jefferson.I would think about taking Sheed off for one of these guys because he has really become a shooter.I would also take Gasol over Brand

marvILLous
12-05-2008, 03:43 AM
Bosh receives passes from Tj and Calderon.

:eyebrow:

first of all, TJ isn't on the raptors anymore.. :confused:

second of all, bosh gets a lot of his points from driving the ball himself, facing up and shooting from mid-range, or put backs from missed shots. he doesn't always score it from calderon

skinsfan4life80
12-05-2008, 03:51 AM
Brand had a pulled hamstring last night vs the Lakers and Gasol could only hope to be better then Brand. And did you really bring up the word Gasol and last years finals in the same sentence. Dude was no where and i do mean where to be found.

robdizzle3
12-05-2008, 04:25 AM
I still would replace Pau or Jefferson with Sheed

skinsfan4life80
12-05-2008, 08:30 AM
to not have Sheed in the top 10 is crazy. Every NBA player i have ever heard speak of him says he is one of the best players in the NBA period. He has no weakness in his game at all. He is like Dirk with a low post game and he plays defense. In fact is the best defensive pf in the NBA. The only problem with him is he spends way to much time at the three point line. But for that on flaw to make him not top 10 is crazy. If anything he should be higher on the list.

b_rock007
12-05-2008, 09:06 AM
I want to see Kmart make this list by the end of the year. He looks like his old self again plus he even has hit a couple 3s!

Not to mention his tough one on one defense is essential for the nugs.

I know I am being a homer but thought I would give Kmart his props.

SeoulBeatz
12-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Elton Brand is a beast thats been proven year in and year out. your problem in philly is he gets doubled on every play and no one on the team shot if there life depended on it. MAybe if your team could make open jumpers or your center had the slightest hint of an offensive game Brand would be able to do some work. Who is the best shoter on the sixers?

exactly, jesus even a skin fan gets it.

Philly and Elton are struggling simply because of bad coaching, and its blatantly obvious that Mo needs to go, cus he doesnt know how to coach this team, and he doesnt know how to use brand.

i apologize for the ignorance of a fairweather philly fan

JayW_1023
12-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Rasheed is underrated...he could still easily be averaging 22 and 10 but his erratic perimeter shooting disrupts his efficiency, plus the fact that he doesn't demand touches everytime down the floor.

His perimeter game sometimes really hurts the Pistons...because the teams best rebounder should be able to hit the offensive glass often.

AirFartOne
12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
The list has got the general idea, but I think it lacks a bit of accuracy. I would move Bosh and Nowitzki up to 2-3 and Garnett back into 4, because from what I've seen of him this year I'm not overly impressed and feel he is probably just over the hump. I also think Gasol should be on there somewhere although I'm not sure where, and a couple honourable mentions are Al Jefferson and Josh Smith when he plays the 4.

Lakeshow86
12-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I dont think Sheed should be on that list anymore and that leaves a spot for Gasol. Sheed has taken a step back i think in his overall game. he's still a good defender but kinda slipping because of age i think. It's still hard because really each of the PF's are evenly matched. Every single one of them are all stars

Robbie7138
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
well duncan showed what he can still do last night vs the nuggets

22pts,11reb,7ast and 5 blks

skinsfan4life80
12-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Only problem i really have with the list is Jamison. Gasol can get that spot.

Ansy
12-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Bosh is putting up great numbers on a terrible team, its not that difficult

It's pretty freaking difficult to put up 26 points shooting 54%. In fact, it's harder to shoot 54% on a terrible team.

G-Funk
12-05-2008, 06:15 PM
6 for Gasol is kind of high. Who would you take off?

Just move them over.

G-Funk
12-05-2008, 06:17 PM
10. David West
9. Rasheed Wallace
8. Carlos Boozer
7. Pau Gasol
6. Elton Brand
5. Amare Stoudemire
4. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Chris Bosh
2. Kevin Garnett
1. Tim Duncan

G-Funk
12-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Dwight Howard should play PF. he would dominate with his atheletism like Lebron does at SF.

Vinny642
12-05-2008, 07:29 PM
10. David West
9. Rasheed Wallace
8. Carlos Boozer
7. Pau Gasol
6. Elton Brand
5. Amare Stoudemire
4. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Chris Bosh
2. Kevin Garnett
1. Tim Duncan

Whoa! No no no no no NO!
Your top 5 are right
but
6. Boozer
7. Gasol
8. Sheed(on a good day)
9. West
10. Brand,

Sheed puts up them threes and is pretty good in the post but on a bad day he is 10th, and I put Brand under West because Brand is more injury prone, and West is less injured and IMO is equal to a healthy Brand maybe less rebounds.

skinsfan4life80
12-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Why all the bosh hate on here..dude is balling

JayW_1023
12-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Duncan is still the best big in the game. Even if it was against Golden State...

20, 13 and 5 in just 20 minutes is still impressive.