PDA

View Full Version : Missing D Will vs Missing AK vs Missing Boozer

Fans in Asia
12-04-2008, 03:46 AM
If we do a record of i) Jazz without D Will, ii) Jazz without AK and iii) Jazz without Boozer, I suspect that the records should be the worst for ii), and the best for i).

I simply want to stress that AK is indeed an important element in Jazz, and I hope he gets healthy very soon (and by no means I am saying D Will is not good, and actually he is the best player in the team if his ankle is fully healthy; sometimes these things happen - Spurs without Parker and Ginobili were running a good streak; after they are back to line-up they dropped one or two games badly...)

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com

jimbobjarree
12-04-2008, 06:12 AM
the Spurs can win without parker and Ginobli cus they play D-fense, something we should start doing soon

Raupie
12-04-2008, 10:16 AM
The last few games have been a weird turn of events. Right now, the most important player on our team has been AK. The games he sits out are games we lose. We were fine without DWill. We can live without Boozer (Millsap has been a stud). But with AK out, we miss his defense, his passing, his rebounding, and his energy. DWill was outplayed by BOTH of the heats point guards. Quinn outplayed Dwill and he wasn't even drafted!

Deron has been horrible on the defensive end (ask Devis Harris). He has turned the ball over like it was his job (6 turnovers, 5 assists last night). If anything, he has hurt us more then helped us. At this rate I would take Price and Knight over Dwill because at least they play defense.

Granted Dwill had been sitting awhile so he needs to get back in the flow. But for someone who is supposed to be one of the best players in the league... he has been a huge disappointment thus far while AK has been an unexpected surprise.

джаз
12-04-2008, 10:51 AM
The last few games have been a weird turn of events. Right now, the most important player on our team has been AK. The games he sits out are games we lose. We were fine without DWill. We can live without Boozer (Millsap has been a stud). But with AK out, we miss his defense, his passing, his rebounding, and his energy. DWill was outplayed by BOTH of the heats point guards. Quinn outplayed Dwill and he wasn't even drafted!

Deron has been horrible on the defensive end (ask Devis Harris). He has turned the ball over like it was his job (6 turnovers, 5 assists last night). If anything, he has hurt us more then helped us. At this rate I would take Price and Knight over Dwill because at least they play defense.

Granted Dwill had been sitting awhile so he needs to get back in the flow. But for someone who is supposed to be one of the best players in the league... he has been a huge disappointment thus far while AK has been an unexpected surprise.

You are being rather harsh on D-Will... it isn't like he can just get back into game shape automatically. There is going to be some bad play along the way before he gets back into shape, he is way behind on that end of things. Give it some time, he will be back no doubt. Have you forgotten how good he looked during the pre-season and the last three years of play?

Dwill is fine, just out of shape and I bet he isn't even 100% (would explain his lack of d or movement), it certainly doesn't make a back to back scenario any easier. A lot of Jazz fans expect perfection and it just isn't going to happen.

jimbobjarree
12-04-2008, 11:17 AM
I honestly think we've missed Brevin Knight as well, he always took us on a run in the 3rd/4th quarter, especialy at home...we've missed that

futureman
12-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Sloan isn't even playing brevin anymore. Now thats stupid.

jimbobjarree
12-04-2008, 11:50 AM
no he's had a dislocated finger

Fans in Asia
12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
If we look at the highlights from NBA.com actually Mario Chalmers had two clean steals in front of D Will, credit to Chalmers. I noticed that he is an awesome rookie in the beginning of the season (though low-profile), and I truly believe that being a rookie PG is 3 times harder than in other positions.

But I still believe D Will is bothered by his ankle, and he is definitely not back to his form in Olympics. We should be patient with him.

However, shall we rest D Will a little bit more if Knight and AK are back?

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com