PDA

View Full Version : Time For The Suns To Blow It Up

-Juice-
12-04-2008, 02:36 AM
-Trade Nash for draft picks and or young players.
-Fire Steve Kerr and Terry Porter. Hire a young candidate who you want for a long time as the Suns will be in a rebuilding mode now.
-Trade Amare Stoudemire for picks and young players. He hates Porter and everyday is sounding more and more like he is leaving in 2010.
-Try and see if someone wants Diaw and/or Barbosa and get rid of their bad contracts.

Basically, blow it up. Rebuild. Get a coach and ask him what he wants. Get young players and draft picks and build for the future because they are not going to win now, and don't have young pieces to win in the future.

ARMIN12NBA
12-04-2008, 02:41 AM
They should do it because it's that easy and simple, right?

superkegger
12-04-2008, 02:42 AM
They should do it because it's that easy and simple, right?

duh.

Its really not time to blow it up. As long as shaq is there...you have to be committed to try to win it all, otherwise rebuilding is just way to hard with that 20 mil chunk gone from your cap space.

-Juice-
12-04-2008, 02:42 AM
Trade Idea:

Portland Gets: Shaq and Amare

Phoenix Gets: LaMarcus Aldridge, Jerryd Bayless, Raef Lafrentz, 1st round pick

SAVAGE CLAW
12-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Yeah because its a horrid vision just to keep Nash and Shaq for one more year , and then find yourself with like 40 millions under the cap to convince Stou to stay by getting another top 5 talent player for the team.

superkegger
12-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Trade Idea:

still not even close salary wise. plus theres no reason for the blazers to even consider that.

JordansBulls
12-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Bulls trade Deng, Noah, Tyrus and Hinrich to the Suns for Amare and Filler

Rose/Hunter
Gordon/Thabo
Nocioni/Hughes
Gooden/Simmons
Amare/Gray

Ryan328
12-04-2008, 10:35 AM
^ I like that Bulls lineup

GunFactor187
12-04-2008, 10:57 AM

Rose/Hunter
Gordon/Thabo
Nocioni/Hughes
Gooden/Simmons
Amare/Gray

That's a pretty solid lineup right there JB.

ink
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Juice, you're forgetting that Sarver wanted Kerr and Kerr wanted Shaq and Porter. This is Kerr's team and no one is going to blow it up as long as those three are in place. The only one that could pull the plug on the team is Sarver and this is what he wanted. I'm sure he will try to the end to prove that he made the right choices.

Vidball
12-04-2008, 11:52 AM
I would say Shaq is untradeable--but I would have said that before the Suns picked him up along with the last 2 1/2 years and $50M on his contract. As Kevin "the prick" Garnett says, "Anything is possible." At least he's an expiring 2010 contract.

JordansBulls
12-04-2008, 12:02 PM
That's a pretty solid lineup right there JB.

Yeah I think that is a deal the Suns could go for. Well at least I hope they would.

JJ81
12-04-2008, 12:25 PM

Rose/Hunter
Gordon/Thabo
Nocioni/Hughes
Gooden/Simmons
Amare/Gray

Amare's in a better situation than that in Phoenix.

DA FRANCHISE
12-04-2008, 12:47 PM

Rose/Hunter
Gordon/Thabo
Nocioni/Hughes
Gooden/Simmons
Amare/Gray

or the bulls can trade gooden(cap space about 7 mil) tyrus and hinrich cause nash is about done for Amare and barbosa (and his bad contract) may the bulls can throw a pick in their and its a done deal this would be the line up

Rose/hunter
Hughes/barbosa
Noci/thabo
Amare/noah
some free agent i think mcdyeese is still out their/gray

ink
12-04-2008, 12:58 PM

I agree.

KG2TB
12-04-2008, 01:14 PM

False. As always the only thing the Bulls are missing is a low post presence. Not only that we'd be trading away players who aren't even contributing right now. Kirk is hurt, Noah's been disappointing, Tyrus and Deng have been inconsistent. Rose, Amare, and Gordon is a solid trio to say the least. Not to mention Gooden and Noc...maybe the Bulls could even develop Thabo too! ::gasps::

But just for a moment, let's say you're right...the Suns ain't winning the title this year and the Suns flame is fading...the Bulls are young and growing with a chance to sign even another FA in 2010 as Hughes contract comes off the books...

Nocioni5
12-04-2008, 01:17 PM

How?? He wants to be a number 1 option which he feels he is not in Phoenix, he would be THE number 1 option or go to guy for the bulls! He wants to get his stats up for 2010 free agency and he could do that while being the bulls number one scoring option. Plus Phoenix is aging by the second, why not come to a young team with a upcoming future alstar pointgard! No matter what anyone says the East is still softer than the West, I think Amare would thrive in the East and benifit from a change in scenery.

JordansBulls
12-04-2008, 01:17 PM

I think in chicago he has a better chance to win in the future with Rose as the point. He becomes instantly the best player on the team and the team has a good future.

BRADY4MVP
12-04-2008, 01:21 PM
As Kevin "the World Champion" Garnett says, "Anything is possible."

fixed

PhxGiant
12-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Man an Amare/Rose pick n' roll game would be deadly.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I would pray that Paxson can pull off a deal for Stoud, especially if it includes Drew" I think I'm a shooting Guard" Gooden

Fury
12-04-2008, 01:35 PM
its a shame that they never won at least the west..in there prime they were so nasty at all cylinders,,

Kn1cks20
12-04-2008, 01:41 PM
if D'antoni was there do you guys think, they would be playing better?

THE MTL
12-04-2008, 01:48 PM
I think Steve Kerr should be fired. The Suns were fine without him and he screwed it up. He traded Shawn Marion for Shaq which is still a bad trade. They got Shaq specifically for Tim Duncan in the playoffs and the Spurs actually beat the Suns worse this postseason than any other postseason. Kurt Thomas for all them draft picks was dumb. It really hurts the future. Also, getting rid of D'Antoni has negatively affected that team.

nygiants242
12-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Which direction is this team going???
:confused:

thedfactor
12-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Perhaps Portland could make a pitch for Nash, but I don't see it.

Joel Pryzbilla, Travis Outlaw, and Jerryd Bayless for Steve Nash and Grant Hill.

superkegger
12-04-2008, 02:18 PM
That bulls scenario wouldn't work. Amare is not a C. Oh sure he played there in D'Antoni's offense, but he routinely got abused on defense. In a half court style offense, his offensive game wouldn't be as effective. He is a PF, and needs to play there for his game to be most effective.

JordansBulls
12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
That bulls scenario wouldn't work. Amare is not a C. Oh sure he played there in D'Antoni's offense, but he routinely got abused on defense. In a half court style offense, his offensive game wouldn't be as effective. He is a PF, and needs to play there for his game to be most effective.

Well Drew Gooden has been playing Center for us in most games. I just put Amare at Center because he was an inch taller. They can interchange their spots but I wouldn't want Amare to guard the other teams best Big man anyway because we would need his scoring, rebounding and shot blocking.

STAT1
12-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Trade Idea:

you cant be serious.thats ridiculous.

SteveNash
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Phoenix just needs to add some more pieces maybe they could work out some of these deals.

Trade cash + 1st for Loul Deng.

Sign Kurt Thomas and trade him for Nate Robinson.

Trade cash + 1st for Rajon Rondo.

Trade cash for Rudy Fernandez.

You got a pretty solid young core if they could pull off those deals.

Mallpha
12-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Only trade i personaly see posible is some sort of Amare for Drik trade as some one posted on Suns forum.
Any trade that would made Suns build for the future at this point is totaly insane with all the contracts commign of the books in 2 years thres absolutly no reason to trade any one unless it makes Suns more of a "win it now" team.

Not to mention you never trade a player like Amare for bunch of role players Barkley to Suns trade supose to be best example.

PhxGiant
12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Phoenix just needs to add some more pieces maybe they could work out some of these deals.

Trade cash + 1st for Loul Deng.

Sign Kurt Thomas and trade him for Nate Robinson.

Trade cash + 1st for Rajon Rondo.

Trade cash for Rudy Fernandez.

You got a pretty solid young core if they could pull off those deals.

Lol all players that we already had, damn Sarver and his penny pinching.

indy787
12-05-2008, 02:10 AM
I have watched the past four Suns losses and the performance has been pitiful. Players walk up and down the court, the defense is horrid, players look depressed, and the offense is not flowing. I thought Porter was supposed to bring defense to the Valley of the Sun? Instead we have now seen Dwyane Wade, Devin Harris, and Dirk Nowitzki put up HUGE numbers back to back to back.

Clearly the Suns window of opportunity has closed. The best option would probably be to trade Nash/Amare and try to bring in some good, young players (LeMarcus Aldridge, Kirk Hinrich, or Gerald Wallace). How should the Suns go about redeeming this team and preparing fans for the future? Thank you Steve Kerr for destroying a team that was a few injuries and a Robert Horry hip check away from the NBA Finals :mad:.

KobeIs
12-05-2008, 02:16 AM
I don't know, if anything, the players that I'd keep on the team would be Amare and Barbosa.

I really can't imagine them trading Amare, maybe Nash.

MrBloop
12-05-2008, 02:31 AM
I have watched the past four Suns losses and the performance has been pitiful. Players walk up and down the court, the defense is horrid, players look depressed, and the offense is not flowing. I thought Porter was supposed to bring defense to the Valley of the Sun? Instead we have now seen Dwyane Wade, Devin Harris, and Dirk Nowitzki put up HUGE numbers back to back to back.

Clearly the Suns window of opportunity has closed. The best option would probably be to trade Nash/Amare and try to bring in some good, young players (LeMarcus Aldridge, Kirk Hinrich, or Gerald Wallace). How should the Suns go about redeeming this team and preparing fans for the future? Thank you Steve Kerr for destroying a team that was a few injuries and a Robert Horry hip check away from the NBA Finals :mad:.

Hey don't give up hope yet kid, The D has looked bad, but this team has enough weapons to be competitive and make the postseason. I would just enjoy Amare while you have him like a Cav fan would Lebron.

Terry Porter played great D in real life and knows what it takes, its not his fault there isn't a good defender on the floor except when Raja Bell is out there.

The "window" is closing, but don't get all bent outta shape because 3 studs went to work on Steve Nash, Leandro Barbosa and an Amare that never used have to guard Dirk on the perimeter when Marion was present.

There gonna have cap space again soon and you guys could sign some guys that will never be as good as the guys you want to leave.

I actually liked the Shaq trade, so Kerr isn't that bad in my eyes.

I'll tell you what tho, Nash should be takin most of the heat, if they do start to tank this season, he's been the MVP and should assume responsibility, 1 because he can't play D, and the offense sputters...he's running the show out there.

UnWantedTheory
12-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Yeah because its a horrid vision just to keep Nash and Shaq for one more year , and then find yourself with like 40 millions under the cap to convince Stou to stay by getting another top 5 talent player for the team.

Another top 5? Another would be used only if you had a top5 to begin with. they have to try to win it this year, which of course wont happen. They will wait till the after nex to start over. Or should wait anyways. Contracts are coming off the books and what all. Shouldnt jump to it quite yet.

UnWantedTheory
12-05-2008, 02:48 AM

A few injuries and an Horry hip check away? Ugh, for Christs sake not that **** again. What a ****.

robdizzle3
12-05-2008, 02:55 AM
To me Amare is already saying that just like Lebron he is gone when his contact ends.Amare is better suited going to Miami With Wade or something like that because it just seems like the Suns cant get it together

st3voness
12-05-2008, 03:36 AM
It's Porter's system. D'Antoni's was actually good.. he made players in Phoenix look like they were actually good. But in reality, the are not as good as they think they are (ie Marion in Miami). IMO, it was a mistake firing Mike D'Antoni. Phoenix will be lucky to make playoffs if they continue to play tonight like they did against the Mavericks.

king4day
12-05-2008, 09:37 AM
or the bulls can trade gooden(cap space about 7 mil) tyrus and hinrich cause nash is about done for Amare and barbosa (and his bad contract) may the bulls can throw a pick in their and its a done deal this would be the line up

Rose/hunter
Hughes/barbosa
Noci/thabo
Amare/noah
some free agent i think mcdyeese is still out their/gray

He doesn't have a bad contract. Diaw's the one that was overpaid.
That deal rapes the Suns.

king4day
12-05-2008, 09:50 AM
It's Porter's system. D'Antoni's was actually good.. he made players in Phoenix look like they were actually good. But in reality, the are not as good as they think they are (ie Marion in Miami). IMO, it was a mistake firing Mike D'Antoni. Phoenix will be lucky to make playoffs if they continue to play tonight like they did against the Mavericks.

They gave him an out and he took it. They weren't going to fire him because they didn't wanna pay him to take another job.

SeoulBeatz
12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Sixers trade

Dalembert
Lou Williams
2 First Round picks

for Amare Stoudemire

Salaries match, they get a young potential star and an athletic big man who fills their needs to run the break, plus two first round picks to boot.
i doubt theyd do it though but a man can dream right?

Sixers:

PG: Andre Miller
SG: Andre Iguodala
SF: Thaddeus Young
PF: Elton Brand
C: Amare Stoudemire

damn

BTownTeamsRKing
12-05-2008, 10:34 AM
i agree they should rebuild. but rebuild around Amare. u dont trade a guy like him. u make him the face of your franchise, besides hes not holding conferences about going to new york in 2010.

shaq is untradeable. they made a big mistake getting him. marion could have been traded for your talent, instead they traded for a guy who cant move.

MooseWithFleas
12-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Trade Idea:

LOL contracts almost match up

Portland Gets: 35.07 mil in salary this year
Phoenix Gets: 19.34 mil in salary this year.

MooseWithFleas
12-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Sixers trade

Dalembert
Lou Williams
2 First Round picks

for Amare Stoudemire

Salaries match, they get a young potential star and an athletic big man who fills their needs to run the break, plus two first round picks to boot.

Sixers:

damn

UGGGHHHH Stop getting my hopes up!!!!! Phoenix wouldnt want Sammy's bloated contract.

JordansBulls
12-05-2008, 01:06 PM
To me Amare is already saying that just like Lebron he is gone when his contact ends.Amare is better suited going to Miami With Wade or something like that because it just seems like the Suns cant get it together

Chicago with Rose would be better. Amare wants to be the man on the team. He ain't going to be with Wade on the team.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I think Chicago can be a good trading partner with the Suns. We have a lot of young pieces they can use to replace their aging players. Or we can give them some expiring contracts, Gooden this year, and Larry Hughes 12 mil expiring contract next year.

The only player on the Suns that the Bulls could use however would be Amare, and Kerr might as well pack his bags if he trades him now. Possibly next year though at the trade deadline if he starts saying that he is going to leave.

But if they do decide to blow it all up, I say Deng, Hinrich, and 1st rounder for Amare and maybe a sign and trade of Kurt Thomas to make salaries match.

superkegger
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Sixers trade

Dalembert
Lou Williams
2 First Round picks

for Amare Stoudemire

Sixers:

damn

salaries match, but talent doesn't even come close. get real.

Chicago with Rose would be better. Amare wants to be the man on the team. He ain't going to be with Wade on the team.

and in two years Rose isn't going to be the man?

I think Chicago can be a good trading partner with the Suns. We have a lot of young pieces they can use to replace their aging players. Or we can give them some expiring contracts, Gooden this year, and Larry Hughes 12 mil expiring contract next year.

The only player on the Suns that the Bulls could use however would be Amare, and Kerr might as well pack his bags if he trades him now. Possibly next year though at the trade deadline if he starts saying that he is going to leave.

But if they do decide to blow it all up, I say Deng, Hinrich, and 1st rounder for Amare and maybe a sign and trade of Kurt Thomas to make salaries match.

Deng and Hinrich have lost their value as far as trade bait. The Bulls were committed to these guys over the past couple years, and now they don't seem to have panned out the way they wanted. I don't know exactly all the circumstances of their trade offers for Pau or KG, but in hindsight, they should have been willing to give up more, because this team the bulls have now aren't that great young talented and potential ridden team they were 2 years ago.

gcoll
12-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Suns blow it up? Not quite yet....give it a bit more time.

This will be the last year though. We had a good run. The thing that held us back was management's unwillingness to spend the extra money to keep role players/build a bench + some bad luck.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Deng has definitely gone down in terms of value, but I think he can possibly be a great player if in the right situation. Everybody expected him in Chicago to be the Go-to guy, and he is not that. But he can be a great 2nd option or 3rd on a lot of teams, even though he is paid way too much to be a 2nd or 3rd option.

Same with Hinrich, he can be a great player if he is put in the right situation, meaning if he had a star player to play next too. That was the problem with the Bulls, they all had the potential to be terrific role players, but were all expected to turn into stars. And eventually they paid them a ton hoping they would turn into star players, which obviously they did not.

Sorry, I know this forum was about the suns blowing it up and I turned it into a bulls forum

mjt20mik
12-05-2008, 02:27 PM
This would never work.. but it doesn't hurt a guy to dream..

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~3249~635~2790~3447~592&teams=21~21~21~21~28~28&te=&cash=21:28

Hustla23
12-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Steve Kerr is a complete moron and an idiot.

If the Spurs didn't hack-a-shaq for half the series and had Marion instead , and let Amare work the post like he always does, they would have won.

Terry Porter has no idea what he's doing as coach and the suns are winning only really because of the talent on their team.

I think the Suns should make one more run and then if it fails, blow it up