PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo - Triple double

Pages : [1] 2

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Rajon Rondo just dropped a triple double in Boston against the Pacers with 10:32 remaining in the 3rd quarter. 10 points, 10 assists, 10 rebounds.

Anymore questions about this kid being an elite point guard in the league?

Celts22
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Someone's not jumping the gun and labeling Rondo as elite are we? :eyebrow:

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Someone's not jumping the gun and labeling Rondo as elite are we? :eyebrow:

LOL.

This should go in the Celtics forum bud. Not here.

cmellofan15
12-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Everybody's done it w/ Calderon, why can't he do w/ Rondo? :shrug:

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Everybody's done it w/ Calderon, why can't he do w/ Rondo? :shrug:

You forgot to mention Harris. I think Marbury is gonna be mentioned next. lol

CHRISDODGERS
He's definitely progressing... but his not an elite PG yet...

philab

Elite? Then, yes, I have some questions.

A triple-double is a triple-double, but the Pacers are coming off a slugfest with the Lakers last night. Lakers and Celtics back-to-back is pretty brutal.

SportsFan9
12-03-2008, 10:06 PM
I like his game, and wow, 10 rebounds?

But yeah, he's not at the elite level yet.

Giaps
12-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Having 1 triple double doesn't make you an elite point guard. He's good but he's arguably not even a top 10 PG.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 10:15 PM
And all the Rondo haters come out of the woodwork. He's not a top 10 PG? Lmao, who's above him then? Cp3, maybeeeee Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups? And that's about it

If you watched every Celtic game like me you'd see he's as much the heart and soul of this team as KG, Ray, Pierce or anyone else. Rondo makes the team go, in my humble opinion any PG that can run the show is an elite pg, and theres only a handful of PG's in the league that can truly play floor general and Rondo is atop that list

Maybe you guys need to do some more research and watch some more videos because i don't know what rock you're living under. I get the impression half of you that know Cp3 is great is only because you saw him on a few highlight reels throwing his alley oops to Tyson Chandler. Theres more to playing PG than flashy moves, which Rondo has plenty of himself. Stay tuned, this kids the next big thing

td0tsfinest
12-03-2008, 10:16 PM
elite? ha!!!
Shawn Bradley had 6 triple doubles in his career. Anyone here going to make a thread about SHawn Bradley being one of the elite centres we have ever seen in the game.

xDjEpYOnx
12-03-2008, 10:18 PM
A triple-double is a triple-double, but the Pacers are coming off a slugfest with the Lakers last night. Lakers and Celtics back-to-back is pretty brutal.

Hell yeah, you can see it in the players for Indiana, they're dead on their feet. That's no excuse not to play some D but rondo is a solid PG and he's taking advantage of a team on the 2nd of a back to back.

GiantYankKnicks
12-03-2008, 10:20 PM
lol Elite no,Put him on the Clippers and no 1 would talk about him

td0tsfinest
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
And all the Rondo haters come out of the woodwork. He's not a top 10 PG? Lmao, who's above him then? Cp3, maybeeeee Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups? And that's about it

If you watched every Celtic game like me you'd see he's as much the heart and soul of this team as KG, Ray, Pierce or anyone else. Rondo makes the team go, in my humble opinion any PG that can run the show is an elite pg, and theres only a handful of PG's in the league that can truly play floor general and Rondo is atop that list

Maybe you guys need to do some more research and watch some more videos because i don't know what rock you're living under. I get the impression half of you that know Cp3 is great is only because you saw him on a few highlight reels throwing his alley oops to Tyson Chandler. Theres more to playing pg than flashy moves, which Rondo has plenty of himself. Stay tuned, this kids the next big thing

I can name 10 PG i rather have. CP3, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, J-Kidd, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas, Andre Miller...All those guys are statistically better and I'm sure Celtics would take any of them in heartbeat over Rajon Rondo. I didn't even mention Caldeon due to claims of biases.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 10:24 PM
elite? ha!!!
Shawn Bradley had 6 triple doubles in his career. Anyone here going to make a thread about SHawn Bradley being one of the elite centres we have ever seen in the game.

I would hope so, when you're 7 feet you better be good for something. 10 boards a night was a given for him, as well as 10 points should of been.

PG Triple doubles are far and beyond the most impressive. It's hard to get 10 steals in a game and rarely happens but 10 boards at his sive? That's hustle and talent.

Basically this Triple Double is just an omen of things to come, and things that have already came. He's been stealing the show all year so far

NYMetros
12-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Rondo's a stud.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
I can name 10 PG i rather have. CP3, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, J-Kidd, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas, Andre Miller...All those guys are statistically better and I'm sure Celtics would take any of them in heartbeat over Rajon Rondo. I didn't even mention Caldeon due to claims of biases.

Leave PSD forever please

You've lost all credit. J-kidd? Are you serious. Come back and say that after the Mavs never win a championship. What bad trade

Unless you mean J-kidd in his prime, which is a totally different conversation

td0tsfinest
12-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Leave PSD forever please

You've lost all credit. J-kidd? Are you serious. Come back and say that after the Mavs never win a championship. What bad trade

Im basing it on Stats bro.

CHRISDODGERS
12-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I can name 10 PG i rather have. CP3, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, J-Kidd, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas, Andre Miller ...All those guys are statistically better and I'm sure Celtics would take any of them in heartbeat over Rajon Rondo. I didn't even mention Caldeon due to claims of biases.

+1! Derek Fisher? Devin Harris? Monte Ellis? Jameer Nelson?

That's 14...

WolvesFan08
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Hey

ANY PG would look good on the Celtics with those players around him.

astrosmaniac
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM

id put devin harris, calderon, and ellis above rondo also

td0tsfinest
12-03-2008, 10:36 PM
+1! Derek Fisher? Devin Harris? Monte Ellis? Jameer Nelson?

That's 14...

OH ye man I completely forgot about Devin Harris. Damn. I was going to Add fisher, Nelson and Ellis. I think we should make a thread of how many PGs are better than Rondo.

philab
12-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I would hope so, when you're 7 feet you better be good for something. 10 boards a night was a given for him, as well as 10 points should of been.

PG Triple doubles are far and beyond the most impressive. It's hard to get 10 steals in a game and rarely happens but 10 boards at his sive? That's hustle and talent.

Basically this Triple Double is just an omen of things to come, and things that have already came. He's been stealing the show all year so far

Not trying to be picky, but that's one of the worst sentences I've ever seen. Do you even know what an omen is?

And PG triple-doubles aren't really all that rare. Two of the three or four most prolific triple-doublers (great word) ever -- Kidd and Magic -- are both PGs. Centers put them up much less frequently.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Rondo has WAY too many holes in his game to be considered an elite point. If you give some average points the freedom to roam and shoot wide open jumpers, thanks to 3 HOF players, many would have great numbers. Rondo is a great rebounder, and a good defensive player for the position, but everything else is straight up average.

Testaverde16
12-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Top 10 and elite are totally different things. Tony Parker is definitely better also so don't be stupid. He can be elite withmore progression and consistency, give it time.

Who is elite?
Paul, Williams, Parker, Nash, Kidd, Davis

Who can be?
Harris, Rondo, Rose, maybe Calderon

so if the guys i named are the top 10, then he is in there. But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

td0tsfinest
12-03-2008, 10:44 PM
]Not trying to be picky, but that's one of the worst sentences I've ever seen. Do you even know what an omen is?

And PG triple-doubles aren't really all that rare. Two of the three or four most prolific triple-doublers (great word) ever -- Kidd and Magic -- are both PGs. Centers put them up much less frequently.
^^agree with my homie up top. including Rajon's Triple Double, there have been 5 Triple doubles thus far; 4 of them coming from PG. Seems to me that a big man triple double is rarer than a PG.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Rondo to KG, awesome ****ing alley oop. Eat your heart out Cp3

bostncelts34
12-03-2008, 10:46 PM
i love all the haters lol.

rondo has 16 pts, 17 assist, 12 rebounds. and no one gives him props lol

Testaverde16
And for those of you saying Kidd isn't elite, he still pulls down triple doubles, so don't get all wet over Rondo having one and not respect the guy that has had a ton of them over his career just because hes old. He is still a really good point guard and his experience and great career mean that much more.

mjt20mik

Maybe once he improves his jumper, and get more triple doubles under his belt, you can start mentioning him as being a great player. The kid is young, and has a lot of upside. But C'mon, one triple double means that he played exceptional one game. It doesn't mean that he's in the company of the elite. To be elite, he would have to be putting up J.Kidd numbers consistently over say his career.

bostncelts34
12-03-2008, 10:47 PM
make that 13 rebounds

Hawkeye15
12-03-2008, 10:48 PM

he is tough, and will have a few breakout games, but if he were with a bad team, he wouldn't even be known. That is the point. Paul, Williams, Nash, Harris, Parker, they would still thrive. Rondo is not skilled, he is an athletic freak with a ton of freedom. He will continue to improve, but I just don't see him currently, as a top point guard in the NBA, sorry

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Omg Rondo almost postered some fool but got fouled.

16 points, 17 assists, 13 boards

Amazing

astrosmaniac
12-03-2008, 10:51 PM

people are giving him props, just not the type the thread starter is giving him. hes played incredible tonight, but that doesnt make him top 10 in the league...

mjt20mik

No one is hating. Maybe you should read the comments. Rondo is a solid point guard on a very good team. He's just not at the stage of his career that you can call him elite.

TheShowzOver
he is tough, and will have a few breakout games, but if he were with a bad team, he wouldn't even be known. That is the point. Paul, Williams, Nash, Harris, Parker, they would still thrive. Rondo is not skilled, he is an athletic freak with a ton of freedom. He will continue to improve, but I just don't see him currently, as a top point guard in the NBA, sorry

Okay, and how do we know if all those names you mentioned above would be good if they were with bad teams too? They've all played on good teams throughout their career and no their teams aren't just good because they are good. Let's try not to be a total hypocrite here

Plus Rondo was showing shades of greatness well before the Big 3 arrived while he was playing with the lottery Celtics. Too bad none of you even knew who he was until last year because you rely off SportsCenter highlights and hype to figure out who is good

bostncelts34
12-03-2008, 10:52 PM

I agree hes not a TOP Pg in the league. But you have to remember, he is only in his 3rd year. And only his 2nd year actually playing. I still think if he was on a worse team, hed probabaly have just as good, if not better number. If you could watch the game tonight, the celtics are actually letting him loose tonight, and his stats show it. He never gets the shots or anything because of the big 3. SO it works both ways being around the stars helps, but hurts ur numbers.

bostncelts34
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
No one is hating. Maybe you should read the comments. Rondo is a solid point guard on a very good team. He's just not at the stage of his career that you can call him elite.

Absolutely agree he isnt an elite PG, not even close. But hes developing VERY nicely.

philab
12-03-2008, 10:54 PM

No one gives him props because Celtics fans always beat everyone to the punch and force it down our throats. And on top of that, Celtics fans always vastly overrate him.

Don't you think it's a little strange that Celtics fans think Rondo is a top 4 PG and virtually everyone thinks he doesn't crack the top 8?

astrosmaniac
12-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Okay, and how do we know if all those names you mentioned above would be good if they were with bad teams too? They've all played on good teams throughout their career and no their teams aren't just good because they are good. Let's try not to be a total hypocrite here

Plus Rondo was showing shades of greatness well before the Big 3 arrived while he was playing with the lottery Celtics. Too bad none of you even knew who he was until last year because you rely off SportsCenter highlights and hype to figure out who is good

dude, the jazz and hornets were made good by paul and williams. true parker had duncan, but hes still a multi time all star and most likely a HOFer. nash played on a dallas team with dirk but when he went to PHX, he didnt have anyone better, he made amare into what he is. almost all of the guys he mentioned ARE the BEST players on their teams. the only guys where thats not true are parker and harris. i already explained parker, and harris already plays on a bad team...

cuttygiantsfan
12-03-2008, 10:58 PM

Maybe you guys need to do some more research and watch some more videos because i don't know what rock you're living under. I get the impression half of you that know Cp3 is great is only because you saw him on a few highlight reels throwing his alley oops to Tyson Chandler. Theres more to playing PG than flashy moves, which Rondo has plenty of himself. Stay tuned, this kids the next big thing

hahahaha maybe tony parker?

rondo would be parkers personal *****

BADizzleBoY

can someone ban him?

I will bold your ridiculous statements.

LEAVE! God.

philab
The guy was a 20-something draft pick from a huge program, Kentucky (not foreign, those players drop further for entirely different reasons).

I actually was real high on him coming out, wanting the Cavaliers to snatch him and all. Still, can you really blame us for thinking he's not an elite PG? He's a 20-something pick that was a virtual NOBODY until all of a sudden he's playing with THREE HOFers. Yes, he's playing fantastic; yes, he's better than half his draft class -- but don't blame us for thinking his success has a little more to do with those THREE HOFers than anything else.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 10:59 PM
dude, the jazz and hornets were made good by paul and williams. true parker had duncan, but hes still a multi time all star and most likely a HOFer. nash played on a dallas team with dirk but when he went to PHX, he didnt have anyone better, he made amare into what he is. almost all of the guys he mentioned ARE the BEST players on their teams. the only guys where thats not true are parker and harris. i already explained parker, and harris already plays on a bad team...

So 2 guys made their teams better, i agree with you on the Hornets but Cp3 is one of the best players in the league nevermind best PG. So that's a given. Deron Williams is nasty but the Jazz were on the uprise with or without him they are just a solid team all around. What about the rest of the guys?

It's a really weak argument to say that someone wouldn't be as good if they were on a bad team, or wouldn't even be noticed. I know Tom Brady on the Lions would suck right? What a joke this has turned into. Give props where props are due, you might not like me but i bring straight facts with a little bit of my own flavor to this site. I might praise Boston sports and say we are the best which is mostly true but i still give props where props are due

Hawkeye15
12-03-2008, 10:59 PM
omg. Rondo fans, I agree, he is a good player. But he has virtually no real basketball skill. He is 6'2", with a monster wingspan, that allows him to rebound and deflect. If he were not allowed to roam uncontested, he would not be considered a good point guard. Guys like Paul, Williams, Parker, etc, have unreal skill, they would be good on any team. Put Rondo on the Wolves. Who would know of him? That is my only point. I don't care if it is year 1, or year 20 with him. He MUST develop a jumper, and MUST get stronger to be in those guys league. That is all I am saying. He is protected by 3 HOF players. Why is that an insult? It allows him to grow up slowly. If you put Paul, Williams, Parker, Davis, Harris, Kidd, Nash, for example on the Celtics, do you not think they would be exponentially better? If not, look up the word bias.

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 11:00 PM

How can you make that assumption? I watched quite a bit of Celtics game during their Lottery season (one preseason game where rondo hit a 3 to force it into overtime). Maybe if you realize, that there is nothing he is doing exceptional that would make him be considered as elite.

Harris:
PPG 24.8
RPG 3.60
APG 6.1

Paul:
PPG 20.3
RPG 5.70
APG 11.6

Williams:
PPG 10.5
RPG 2.80
APG 11.0

Kidd:
PPG 9.6
RPG 7.20
APG 8.5

Parker:
PPG 23.1
RPG 3.00
APG 6.0

pebloemer
12-03-2008, 11:02 PM

Because it is one game. Rondo is a very good PG and could be a great PG one day, but to claim that someone is an elite PG after one game is beyond ridiculous. Will Solomon had 15 points and 11 assist for the Raptor's against the Heat - suddenly he is a decent player in this league? No. He is still a bench warmer. Show the statistics over a longer course of time to make claims on anything, not one ****in game.

ttam68
12-03-2008, 11:04 PM

Leave PSD forever please

First of all, by credit you mean credibility. Second, How can you question anyone's credibility when you forgot to include Deron Williams in your analysis and aren't sure if a perenial star, 3 time champ, and finals MVP, in his prime, is better than a young, shotless PG.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
omg. Rondo fans, I agree, he is a good player. But he has virtually no real basketball skill. He is 6'2", with a monster wingspan, that allows him to rebound and deflect. If he were not allowed to roam uncontested, he would not be considered a good point guard. Guys like Paul, Williams, Parker, etc, have unreal skill, they would be good on any team. Put Rondo on the Wolves. Who would know of him? That is my only point. I don't care if it is year 1, or year 20 with him. He MUST develop a jumper, and MUST get stronger to be in those guys league. That is all I am saying. He is protected by 3 HOF players. Why is that an insult? It allows him to grow up slowly. If you put Paul, Williams, Parker, Davis, Harris, Kidd, Nash, for example on the Celtics, do you not think they would be exponentially better? If not, look up the word bias.

It's funny you say that because Rondo basically was on the Wolves 2 years ago. The Celtics traded Al and half our roster to the Wolves and Rondo was pretty sick in his ROOKIE year. It's astonishing that some of you guys have absolutely no basketball knowledge whatsoever and still call yourselves fans

astrosmaniac
12-03-2008, 11:06 PM
So 2 guys made their teams better, i agree with you on the Hornets but Cp3 is one of the best players in the league nevermind best PG. So that's a given. Deron Williams is nasty but the Jazz were on the uprise with or without him they are just a solid team all around. What about the rest of the guys?

It's a really weak argument to say that someone wouldn't be as good if they were on a bad team, or wouldn't even be noticed. I know Tom Brady on the Lions would suck right? What a joke this has turned into. Give props where props are due, you might not like me but i bring straight facts with a little bit of my own flavor to this site. I might praise Boston sports and say we are the best which is mostly true but i still give props where props are due

you did a couple things wrong. 1, i didnt make that comment, someone else did. i was just responding to your comment that those guys would be bad. 2, you ignored my comments that parker is a HOFer, nash has been the best player on his team where ever he has gone, and harris is already on a crappy team. 3, i already gave plenty of props to rondo, i said hes played great tonight. read my comments, respond to them intelligently if want to debate them, and try to look at it unbaisedly

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 11:09 PM
First of all, by credit you mean credibility. Second, How can you question anyone's credibility when you forgot to include Deron Williams in your analysis and aren't sure if a perenial star, 3 time champ, and finals MVP, in his prime, is better than a young, shotless PG.

It would be easy for me to "Tom Brady" shot Tony Parker and hate on him by saying that he won his 3 titles because he had a good team, or he's a product of the system or something like that but i'll give him his props. To me though he's no different than Rondo, both are beast at driving to the hoop. Rondo plays better D, rebounds better, but Parker has a better shot. That's about it. So that's why i rate Rondo over Parker. TP had his big guy and superstar Ginobli and won some titles and Rondo go his stars last year as well and won a title so i'm not sure what point you're trying to bring up. Parker is good, but if anyone would be a nobody on a bad team you have to look at Parker as a prime canidate

Hawkeye15
12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
It's funny you say that because Rondo basically was on the Wolves 2 years ago. The Celtics traded Al and half our roster to the Wolves and Rondo was pretty sick in his ROOKIE year. It's astonishing that some of you guys have absolutely no basketball knowledge whatsoever and still call yourselves fans

don't give me that **** dude. You are testing my patience. Ainge sold you down the river for that one shot to win a title, it worked out. Don't act like Rondo is an elite pg. You are the one sounding ridiculous. He was a deer in headlights, unguarded for minutes at a time, depending on KG, Pierce, and Allen to bail him out. He is simply a role player. But role players on great teams are glorified (Posey and his $$$$$ contract, thank you). When your HOF's age, you will see what Rondo really is, and that is a good starting point in the NBA, tops. Don't question me about the Al-KG trade, I will bury you big boy. My sister has more BASKETBALL SKILL than Rondo. I really like the guy, but you are being as annoying as a Laker fan right now, and causing me to not like him. Good rebounder, good defender. Takes advantage of never being guarded. Good job. And if you put him in Paul, Williams, Parker, Nash, Davis, Harris, Kidd, etc, category, you need to check yourself.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 11:11 PM
you did a couple things wrong. 1, i didnt make that comment, someone else did. i was just responding to your comment that those guys would be bad. 2, you ignored my comments that parker is a HOFer, nash has been the best player on his team where ever he has gone, and harris is already on a crappy team. 3, i already gave plenty of props to rondo, i said hes played great tonight. read my comments, respond to them intelligently if want to debate them, and try to look at it unbaisedly

Actually you're wrong. Amare Stoudemire is better than Nash and much more valuable to build a team around. Even in Nash's prime

JIDsanity
12-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Rondo had a good game, but he's not elite. He, in my opinion will never be. Great game though

JIDsanity
12-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Actually you're wrong. Amare Stoudemire is better than Nash and much more valuable to build a team around. Even in Nash's prime

Your making yourself look like an *** with comments like this one

philab
12-03-2008, 11:13 PM

Rondo still had Paul Pierce back then. Also Delonte West and Wally Szczerbiak, for what that's worth.

And if you call 6.4/3.7/3.8 and 42/21/65 (%s) SICK, you're crazy.

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 11:15 PM

I'm sure. That's why Nash took the Suns to a 50+ record even without Amare. Your just another annoying fan who doesn't know anything about basketball. You know there are 29 other teams in the league outside of Boston right? :eyebrow:

Plus Nash has 2 MVP's. And if we are strictly talking about players, and not their teams, I would definitely have Nash over Rondo any day of the week!

You should definitely stop posting here. Cause your making yourself sound just out right silly.

TheShowzOver

You name me the last PG to win a championship for his team and i'll name you the last big man to win a championship for his team and that big man would be Kevin Garnett. 2007 Celtics

It's simple basketball knowledge, you build a team around big men. How about Duncan? The Spurs are nothing without him. The 3 peat Lakers? They are nothing without Shaq. The Heat? Nothing without Shaq.

Seriously, bring stronger facts or give up

philab
It would be easy for me to "Tom Brady" shot Tony Parker and hate on him by saying that he won his 3 titles because he had a good team, or he's a product of the system or something like that but i'll give him his props. To me though he's no different than Rondo, both are beast at driving to the hoop. Rondo plays better D, rebounds better, but Parker has a better shot. That's about it. So that's why i rate Rondo over Parker. TP had his big guy and superstar Ginobli and won some titles and Rondo go his stars last year as well and won a title so i'm not sure what point you're trying to bring up. Parker is good, but if anyone would be a nobody on a bad team you have to look at Parker as a prime canidate

Have you ever seen Tony Parker play? Have you ever seen the Spurs play? Doesn't seem like it . . .

I've seen Rondo and Parker play numerous times -- Parker's much better than Rondo.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Rondo still had Paul Pierce back then. Also Delonte West and Wally Szczerbiak, for what that's worth.

And if you call 6.4/3.7/3.8 and 42/21/65 (%s) SICK, you're crazy.

Fail, he didn't even get that much playing time

Seriously, like i said. Check your facts or don't hate. I'm sorry you're all mad that Boston has risen to the top of every sport and you have to do your best to bring us down

ttam68
12-03-2008, 11:17 PM

Yes, Rondo won a championship. Thus, he is a good role player. No ones saying he should be benched. Tony Parker, on the other hand, won 3, the last of which he was awarded Finals MVP. When Rondo gets Finals MVP let me know.

He's doing that in a number of ways. Not the least of which is his "don't mind me, I'm spicy" or whatever comment he made a few posts up.

astrosmaniac
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM

dude amare is basically the flip of tyson chandler. he can score, but only when hes open because they were so uptempo and nash was pentrating and dishing off to him. hes dropped of in scoring this year cause hes not in the uptempo offense. D'Antoni's system and steve nash made amare staudemire

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
You name me the last PG to win a championship for his team and i'll name you the last big man to win a championship for his team and that big man would be Kevin Garnett. 2007 Celtics

It's simple basketball knowledge, you build a team around big men. How about Duncan? The Spurs are nothing without him. The 3 peat Lakers? They are nothing without Shaq. The Heat? Nothing without Shaq.

How does this pertain to Rondo?
Both Tony Parker and Billups won MVP's during their championship route. If Rondo was elite, he would at least have one of those under his belt.

JIDsanity
12-03-2008, 11:19 PM

You have a great point. Amare has alot of rings.
Anyway yes KG was the last big to win a championship, which kinda proves that it's not about Rondo

astrosmaniac
12-03-2008, 11:21 PM

and what do all of those big men have in common? they play great D. what does amare not do? he doesnt play D

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Yes, Rondo won a championship. Thus, he is a good role player. No ones saying he should be benched. Tony Parker, on the other hand, won 3, the last of which he was awarded Finals MVP. When Rondo gets Finals MVP let me know.

He's doing that in a number of ways. Not the least of which is his "don't mind me, I'm spicy" or whatever comment he made a few posts up.

Just watch this years finals, and i won't have to tell you

CHRISDODGERS

Seriously, like i said. Check your facts or don't hate. I'm sorry you're all mad that Boston has risen to the top of every sport and you have to do your best to bring us down

What does Boston have anything to do with this? Yes, we know Boston sports has flourished in recent years... but seriously I don't need to hear it everytime you get backed into a perverbial corner with backlash for unnessesary comments...

Rondo is getting better, but he is not top ten... He had a good game, and the Celts came out on top but one game will not change that...

mjt20mik

It's noobs like you that actually make me have to respect for the Boston fanbase. I was so glad they brought something back to the East, but it's stupid cocky noob fans like you that downgrade such a great team, and great reputation.

JIDsanity
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM

:pity: Im glad your no fan of a team I like

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM
You have a great point. Amare has alot of rings.
Anyway yes KG was the last big to win a championship, which kinda proves that it's not about Rondo

And the thread wasn't about big men. Or it even being "all about Rondo". It was about Rondo's triple double and how he's on the uprise to becoming an elite PG

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Just watch this years finals, and i won't have to tell you

False. You bring this thread back up when he does. Otherwise don't bore me with false pretences or predictions.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 11:26 PM
False. You bring this thread back up when he does. Otherwise don't bore me with false pretences or predictions.

False predictions? Maybe

Well heres one that's true. The Redskins won't be winning the Super Bowl

Chicagofaithful
12-03-2008, 11:26 PM
lol yes you need more than a triple double to be an elite PG.... any more questions on what makes an elite pg?

philab
12-03-2008, 11:27 PM

Fail? Real original there, slugger.

Check my facts? My facts are spot-on. Rondo got 24 MPG that year; that's a significant amount of playing time. And the worst of the stats I posted -- the 42/21/65 (%s) -- are INDEPENDENT of playing time.

ttam68
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
And the thread wasn't about big men. Or it even being "all about Rondo". It was about Rondo's triple double and how he's on the uprise to becoming an elite PG

Exactly. If you want to say he'll be elite in his prime I have no problem with that. He's developing well and shows promise. It was you that tried to claim he's elite now, or even top 10. He's probably top 15.

And it was you that tried to claim he excelled as a rookie, so don't complain about his minutes when someone calls you out on being wrong. Minutes don't change your shooting percentages, and last I checked 41% field goals and 65% free throws aren't good numbers. I won't even bother mentioning his threes. And if he were good as a rookie, he would've gotten minutes -- look at D. Rose.

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Fail? Real original there, slugger.

Check my facts? My facts are spot-on. Rondo got 24 MPG that year; that's a significant amount of playing time. And the worst of the stats I posted -- the 42/21/65 (%s) -- are INDEPENDENT of playing time.

Slugger? Even more original

JIDsanity
12-03-2008, 11:29 PM

You brought those topics up dick

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 11:29 PM
False predictions? Maybe

Well heres one that's true. The Redskins won't be winning the Super Bowl

I'm not even a Redskin's fan. I'm just honouring Sean Taylor.

And that's such a good comeback. Oh man!
Where did you learn to respond to intellectual talk, with a stupid joke that probably my little nephew who's 4 wouldn't even use.

:pity:

TheShowzOver
12-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Alright guys, i have bigger fish to fry then PSD. Just catch the highlights on Sports Center, some of you will change your tune

I got to go play me some Call of Duty 5, peace

_Sn1P3r_
His stat line was crazy. Well done Rondo, he'll be taking over Boston I think when the Big 3 are done.

horry1ur
Wow i cant wait when in a couple years the Celtics start going on downhill again and i wont even see this guy around here hes probably going to be on "another forum" just like he was when the BoSox were getting the ***** handed to by the Rays lol

Edit: plus if you think one triple double makes Rondo an elite PG you must be smoking something really good! i tell you that much

Chicagofaithful
12-03-2008, 11:31 PM

Dude when everyone one focused on KG PP and RAY he's going to find himself with alot of room on the court.... stick him on my team the bulls and see if he is still "elite" as you say.... he'd look awful and you know it. When you have 3 stars on your team... the other 2 players on the court are going to look way better than they actually are...

Hawkeye15
12-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Alright guys, i have bigger fish to fry then PSD. Just catch the highlights on Sports Center, some of you will change your tune

Cut the cord from the TV/Computer, and get some fresh air man. And did you know there are other cities in the US than Boston? Not sure if you knew that, just saying

philab
12-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Slugger? Even more original

Only response you've got? Can't bring up anything of substance?

And "slugger" was meant to be condescending. You know, because your arguments are childish.

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Cut the cord from the TV/Computer, and get some fresh air man. And did you know there are other cities in the US than Boston? Not sure if you knew that, just saying

I feel really sorry for Boston fans. People like him destroy the whole reputation of the Celtics' fan base.

astrosmaniac
12-03-2008, 11:35 PM

yea, because real sports fans base their opinions off sports center highlights :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
12-03-2008, 11:36 PM
I feel really sorry for Boston fans. People like him destroy the whole reputation of the Celtics' fan base.

no, Boston fans have always been annoying, but now that all their teams kill, it is like annoying on steroids. Oh well. Can't blame them, they have always supported their teams, even in the worst of times.

JIDsanity
12-03-2008, 11:36 PM

Im ashamed to be a fan of the same sport as that dick is

superkegger
12-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Unreal. Rondo and elite PG and he puts only paul billups and maybe TP over him. Then when Kidd is mentioned he laughs at it. Except that Kidd has had how many triple doubles this year? and thats why hes calling rondo elite, because of this triple double. unreal.

nygiants242
12-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Great game for him.. good to see hes maturing

Probably the only Celtics player I actually like lol

td0tsfinest
12-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Man I'm a Huge Ray Allen Fan (Jesus Shuttleworth :p) and huge KG Fan, I'm really happy they won a championship. Seems like when you can't make a good comeback when ever someone here disses you, you start to claim they're a boston hater or start dissing the team they rep. This thread is about Rondo being an Elite PG? One great night does not establish you as a great player. This is what people expected when you had KG and Ray coming to Boston, people expected Rondo and Perkins numbers to go up.
An elite PG IMO is some one who makes the players around them better (JKidd, Kid Canada, CP3), Rajon doesn't make his team better, rather his teammates makes him better.

rosesbulls
12-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Rajon Rondo just dropped a triple double in Boston against the Pacers with 10:32 remaining in the 3rd quarter. 10 points, 10 assists, 10 rebounds.

Chris Duhon just dropped 12points 22 apg then a 23 points 13 assist game are there questions about him being a elite pg :rolleyes:.

Vinny642
12-03-2008, 11:59 PM

Dude WTF, ur saying Cp3 is only good because we see him on the highlight reel, he had two Triple doubles in a row but besides that were is rondo's scoring 10 points doesnt make u elite, and rebounds are overrated because the ball trake a lucky bounce towards u there is ur 10 rebounds

Cubs Win
12-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Dude when everyone one focused on KG PP and RAY he's going to find himself with alot of room on the court.... stick him on my team the bulls and see if he is still "elite" as you say.... he'd look awful and you know it. When you have 3 stars on your team... the other 2 players on the court are going to look way better than they actually are...

Or from another angle, put Derrick Rose on the Celtics. He'd probably average 20 and 10 easy. Not that I'm trying to say Rose is already at that level, but having KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen on your team kind of helps. Most likely they won't be able to double team Rose, so he could drive or take a jumper and score points. And how hard is it to get assists with those three on the team? Right now Rondo is around the #15 PG. Everyone has great games. Ex: Randy Foye @ DET on Nov. 23: 23 pts 14 ast 1 reb 2 stl 1 blk

Does that mean he's at CP3's level? Absolutely not. Rondo just had a great game. Rondo is averaging 9.8 pts 7.2 ast and 4.2 rebs this year. Why? Well he's not consistently good. 2 games ago, against the Bobcats he had 4 pts 9 ast 4 reb in 32 minutes! Not so great. There are plenty of other examples of other bad games this year as well.

td0tsfinest
12-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Leave PSD forever please

Ahh man serious dude. How many guys here would choose JKidd over Rondo.
He had a great night, the best player tonight no doubt. until he puts up great numbers over a long period you can not say he's a great player. I'm surprised he doesn't average 10 asissts per game with the fire power on his team.

superkegger
12-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Ahh man serious dude. How many guys here would choose JKidd over Rondo.
He had a great night, the best player tonight no doubt. until he puts up great numbers over a long period you can not say he's a great player. I'm surprised he doesn't average 10 asissts per game with the fire power on his team.

dude, you beat me to putting that quote in my sig. haha, i was literally putting it in there right now...haha.

uchiha
12-04-2008, 12:04 AM
lol only Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and Billups better than Rondo.... that is comedy at its best

NYY NYJ NYK
12-04-2008, 12:06 AM

Not in order-
Brandon Roy
Devin Harris
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
Gilbert Arenas (When Healthy)
Baron Davis
Jason Kidd
Allen Iverson
Mike Bibby
Derrick Rose

( I might be missing some more names)

Rando is progressing but It Way to early to call him an elite yet.

td0tsfinest
12-04-2008, 12:11 AM
dude, you beat me to putting that quote in my sig. haha, i was literally putting it in there right now...haha.

sorry dawg this guy was dissing my credibility and knowledge of basketball.

Somebody please go the NBA comparsion forum and make a thread Rajon Vs Any other PG in the league except CP3, Chauncey and "Maybe" TP. LMAO

superkegger
12-04-2008, 12:13 AM
hahaha.

And all the Rondo haters come out of the woodwork. He's not a top 10 PG? Lmao, who's above him then? Cp3, maybeeeee Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups? And that's about it.

More than one person has this sig quoted. too funny.

superkegger
12-04-2008, 12:14 AM
sorry dawg this guy was dissing my credibility and knowledge of basketball.

Somebody please go the NBA comparsion forum and make a thread Rajon Vs Any other PG in the league except CP3, Chauncey and "Maybe" TP. LMAO

no worries man. this guy reveals his lack of knowledge and complete homerism when he posts. no one takes this guy serious.

cwilson21
12-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Seriously? Rondo? Put me at PG for the Celtics and I'll look amazing.

td0tsfinest
12-04-2008, 12:16 AM
hahaha.

More than one person has this sig quoted. too funny.

Who doesn't find that quote funny. Its a little bit sad at the same time.

cwilson21
12-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Chris Duhon just dropped 12points 22 apg then a 23 points 13 assist game are there questions about him being a elite pg :rolleyes:.

Not to mention with a ******** team.

superkegger
12-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Not to mention with a ******** team.

******** passes the filter eh? stange.

Cubs Win
12-04-2008, 12:21 AM

Really? Here's the PG's that are better than Rondo:
1) CP3 2) Deron Williams 3) Derrick Rose 4) Steve Nash 5) Baron Davis 6)Billups 7) Jason Kidd 8) Gilbert Arenas* 9) Jose Calderon 10) Andre Miller 11) Tony Parker(wow, almost forgot to list him) 12) Devin Harris 13) Monta Ellis* 14) Jameer Nelson 15) Mike Bibby

*when healthy

Then there is Felton who's right around his level. Iverson who is a PG/SG. So he is the #16 PG at best.

And the next big thing? CP3 is 23 years old. He's still got a few years left...until he reaches his prime. But assuming you're not including him since he is already elite, you must be forgeting Derrick Rose. Younger, already better, faster, better shooter, better passer, more athletic, taller, stronger. Rondo will be a good PG, but as KG, Ray, and Pierce decline defenses will be able to key on him and shut him down. He is not a teams #1 option, as in he can only be as good as the players around him, not the other way around as it is/will be with CP3/Rose.

rosesbulls
12-04-2008, 12:24 AM

Sick?

6.4ppg 3.8 apg 3.7 rpg .207 3pt% .65 ft% .41 fg% in 24 minutes is sick wow. You either are dilusional or have a really weak meaning for the slang word sick :mad:. Rondo is about an average to slightly above average pg. he is not a top 5 his probably highest ceiling is Calderon #s this season

There was a is harris top 5 pg and a majority thought no. So some1 would be hard pressed to make a real good argument to say that Rondo is.

CP
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Gilbert Arenas
Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Devin Haris
Mike Bibby
AI
D Rose
Calderon ( he is probably 4 if going by just passer)
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller
Rajon Rondo fits right into that 15 spot

Might be a couple am forgetting might be able to argue a couple of those and am POSITIVE a couple celtic fans here are going to.

DerekRE_3
12-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Here's my take on Rajon Rondo...
Is he an elite point guard? No.
Will he ever be? He's 22, only time will tell.

But, he is the perfect fit at point guard for the Celtics. He is a very good defender, which is a must with guys like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon, Steve Nash, etc. He is unselfish and doesn't try to do too much. He shoots a great percentage for a PG: 51% and has a 3.5:1 assist to turnover ratio. He doesn't have gaudy stats, but he gets the job done and is a very good fit for the Celtics.

chiitownkings
12-04-2008, 12:33 AM
wow calm down he is good but jeez a triple double has been done before

Lakers4ItAll
12-04-2008, 12:35 AM
RR is a good/decent PG on Elite team

The GEEEEE Men
12-04-2008, 12:37 AM
hahahaha this thread is a joke and should be in the Celtics forum, Rondo had a good game so this guy had to tell the world that he is the best PG to ever put on a uniform :laugh:

Hey TheShowzOver Boston is the best in every sport??? how's that 19-0 book?? I never ended up reading it :laugh:

TheShowzOver how's my :moon: taste

jg1573
12-04-2008, 12:42 AM
as a c's fan i think rondo is good, not elite, however he is making very good progress. I can say this tho, he is in an interesting situation ... pierce, allen, and kg all find themselves doubled teamed at times leaving one less player on someone else, which helps rondo on offense. I wonder how he would do on a lesser team where he would get more looks (supposing he wasnt didnt have either pp, ray ray, or kg, to dish to or distract the d for him). I wonder how he would do if he was thrust into devin harris' situation, where he kinda is the focus of the offense. No one can deny the kid is a beast on d. He hauls in rebounds every night and steals the ball at least once a night. he has got hustle. In mind mind, what puts him in the elite group is if he is able to command the floor, play, d, and really put up points on his own. He has a lot of help on o. So until we see him putting up like 12 - 14 a game and maintaining 4-5 rbs and 1 steal then i dont think we can count him as top notch. but he is good and getting better.

NYY NYJ NYK
12-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Not going to lie he is improving
But it is foolish to call him an elite especially top 5.

Will he every be an elite. (Who knows?)

jg1573
12-04-2008, 12:49 AM
CP
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Gilbert Arenas
Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Devin Haris
Mike Bibby
AI
D Rose
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller

rondo is better than miller. claderon is underrated here. AI isnt much of a pg at all. he is a shooting guard. D rose is way overrated.

rosesbulls
12-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I think every non Celtic fan who has gone into this thread and read every post has atl east 1 thing added to there sig.. Other then people with awesome Sig that already ha 500 or close to.

dre1990
12-04-2008, 12:56 AM
not elite. better than average nba starting PG though

rosesbulls
12-04-2008, 12:57 AM
CP
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Gilbert Arenas
Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Devin Haris
Mike Bibby
AI
D Rose
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller

rondo is better than miller. claderon is underrated here. AI isnt much of a pg at all. he is a shooting guard. D rose is way overrated.

AI is marked as a pg and considered 1...

WOW have you even seen D Rose play and if you are even implying Rondo is better then Rose :rolleyes::speechless::sigh::down::crazy::no: :pity:

Caulderon plays mediocre Defense and had 2 assist machines now 1 CB and isnt that amazing of a passer
MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
Rondo
30.7 0.514 0.300 0.603 0.8 3.4 4.2 7.2 2.2 0.1 2.00 2.60 9.8

Miller
34.3 0.421 0.333 0.868 1.2 2.3 3.5 5.8 1.2 0.3 2.06 1.90 14.7

Those are pretty even IMO and i give the edge to Miller in a 1 on 1

Lakers4ItAll
12-04-2008, 01:05 AM
How do yuo figure???

CP
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Gilbert Arenas
Chauncey Billups
Baron Davis
Steve Nash
Devin Haris
Mike Bibby
AI
D Rose
Jason Kidd
Andre Miller

xxdc2tegxx
12-04-2008, 01:15 AM
lol....118 posts arguing whether rajon rondo is elite or not

td0tsfinest
12-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Rose is overrated. Are you kidding me? When the season was starting off, Everyone was predicting guys like Love, Lopez, Oden, Bayless to have a spectacular season but because Rose had a sub-par pre-season and summer league play he wasn't looked upon by many but so far he's surpassed anyone expectations.

Duncan = Donkey
12-04-2008, 01:19 AM
since when was averaging 10pts and 7 assists a game considered playing at an elite level?????

sure he's a good pg but he is not an elite pg yet.

srsly_chris
12-04-2008, 01:26 AM
TJ Ford.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-04-2008, 01:57 AM
woah 9 pages already.

Rondo is one of my favorites and i love watching him progress. He just might be an All-Star, but only bc he is on the Celtics.

i will say this tho about him that no number will indicate: This kid's IQ must be unbelievable. His ablility to learn is truly amazing. You feel like he absorbs every bit of info around him from his coaches and teammates.

Harris and Rondo could end up being the Eastern All Star PGs.
Edit: forgot D.Rose. he is so good at scoring, not sure about his PG abilities.

rosesbulls
12-04-2008, 02:02 AM
woah 9 pages already.

Rondo is one of my favorites and i love watching him progress. He just might be an All-Star, but only bc he is on the Celtics.

i will say this tho about him that no number will indicate: This kid's IQ must be unbelievable. His ablility to learn is truly amazing. You feel like he absorbs every bit of info around him from his coaches and teammates.

Harris and Rondo could end up being the Eastern All Star PGs.

They put all guards together as 1 and Wade, Harris, Johnson, Rose, Vince (though i hate it), AI are probably all over him

SAVAGE CLAW
12-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Oh yeah lets put in the Hof every player that ever scored a triple double....

Didnt Manute Bol score some of them?

theimortalone
12-04-2008, 03:38 AM

Leave it to TheShowzOver to post something like this! :D

Yes we might as well say that Rondo is a HOFer right? :rolleyes: Dude please! Give me a break! He gets like his first Triple double of the year, and you think he is GOD.

Hey I found a post that you posted TheShowzOVer:

I lost, i'm out of here. This is my last post, i'm absolutely disgusted to be a Red Sox fan. I'm never coming back, goodbye

What ever happened to your never coming back, goodbye? Talk about being a homer. You crack me up. :laugh: This was back in October. Did you get that bored so you can back or what? Oh please do explain!?!?! Because I sure the hell am :confused:

Corey
12-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Don't let this turn into an argument, people.

Anyways, Rondo's been superb this season and he's had an amazing stretch the past 7 or so games, but he's still arguably just top 10. I understand where all the C's fans are coming from saying he's a top 5 point guard, because we get to see him play consistently every night, but other players are still putting up better numbers.

Then other NBA fans are saying Rondo isn't anything special, and listing players they'd take over him (really, Derek Fischer over Rondo? C'mon.). Anyways, there's no happy in-between, and it's always going to be like that.

Sure, we have homers, but then everyone else except a few posters can't post without flaming the original poster.

Lets just leave it at: Rondo's developing quickly, and he has the potential to be a top 5 point guard, but right now he's arguably top 10.

JayW_1023
12-04-2008, 06:07 AM
I like Rondo, but naming him Top 10 based on one great game is a bit of a stretch. If he can perform like this night in night out, yes, he is an elite point guard.

I think one day Rondo will be an elite point guard, but right now consistency needs to be there.

Faneik
12-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Huge Triple-Double. AH AH. I have him in fantasy.

Mane
12-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Hes in fact not only an elite point guard, he is the best all around position player in the history of the NBA. If anyone questions me they are stupid.

magichatnumber9
12-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I bleed celtic green, but come on man. Who cares what other fans think of this team. I have watched Rondo for a few years now and I can tell you this. 1. Rondo is a floor general, he directs players is constantly communicating. You know this is Rondo's show out there. 2. He is fearless, the guy is small but takes it to the basket. 3) He distributes the basketball.
Listen I know Rondo is not going to put up numbers like CP3 and Williams, but Rondo plays this position the right way.

SensandRaps
12-04-2008, 08:42 AM
ok let me put this nicely if rondo is considered an elite point guard then kwame brown is considered an elite center

TheKid
12-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Whats with all the Rondo hating going on here? i mean it's one thing to say that he's not yet elite, but comparing him to kwame brown? seriously?

I'm not here sayin that Rajon is the greatest thing ever, but he has put up good numbers while being the general (to steal magichatnumber9's term lol) to the world champions. He's growing up right before our eyes. Two years in college, now in his third year in the pros (imagine if he had stayed his 4 years in college this would be his rookie year). How can he be considered bad? I just don't understand some of the blatent hatin on RR.

LeBrowns
12-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Rondo is good, solid player, but he's not elite yet. He was 3 future hall of famers around to make his job easier.

tonyd3b54
12-04-2008, 10:50 AM
ok show ur really over reacting to this... rondos good hes been the catylist to the celtics all year but please dont put him up there in the top 5 yet... atleast not until hes done it all year...

cubulls
12-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Rondo...Elite? :laugh2: What a ****ing joke...CP3 and Deron Williams are elite. Don't go throwing around titles of greatness to scrubs who have one great game.

CELTICS4LYFE
12-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Rondo...Elite? :laugh2: What a ****ing joke...CP3 and Deron Williams are elite. Don't go throwing around titles of greatness to scrubs who have one great game.

a scrub wit more money an champ rings than u'll ever have!!!!

i watch him every game so i say he is top 5-6 n he is only 22!!!!!!! he has had great games b4 almost recording a trip dub but now he officially got one!!!

n ppl that say the big 3 help his numbers....he has 8 apg n every one knows he is goin to pass n not shoot everyplay

cubulls
12-04-2008, 11:52 AM

i watch him every game so i say he is top 5-6 n he is only 22!!!!!!! he has had great games b4 almost recording a trip dub but now he officially got one!!!

n ppl that say the big 3 help his numbers....he has 8 apg n every one knows he is goin to pass n not shoot everyplay

Kids...:pity:

The big 3 can make any PG look good. On any other team he would be a bum. Chris Duhon had 22 assists in a game so that must make him elite as well... :laugh:

Derrick Rose is a 20 year old rookie PG and is already better than your "elite" Rondo.

cmstophe
12-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Gimme a break guy has one triple double and suddenly he's Chris Paul?

JJ81
12-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Rondo's good, he's one of two celtics I actually like.

Kabowdos
12-04-2008, 12:42 PM

Not elite but there is no question that he is a great a PG. He is not top 5 but he is top 10.

The Celtics wouldn't be great unless they had their supporting cast, which is true for all great NBA teams. You need to have all ten guys making an impact. He is a major part of the team. I don't think the big three would be able to get it done without their great supporting cast.

Giaps
12-04-2008, 01:41 PM
To respond to my previous post that he isn't a top 10 PG even though it was 10 pages ago:

Definitely better (there are already 12):
Derrick Rose
Jason Kidd
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson
Jose Calderon
Baron Davis
Devin Harris
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Gilbert Arenas

Arguably better:
Mo Williams
Mike Bibby
Andre Miller

And Brandon Roy plays PG many times out of position.

So if elite means being right in the middle then yea sure, he's elite.

fatpat1116
12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
dude im sorry maybe im crazy but if there is anyone out there who thinks that rondo is better than mo bibby or andre miller we need to pray for them. You put any of those 15 guys on the celts last year and they win the championship anyway not to mention a list of about 10 more guys who would have been able to switch places with rondo last year and still help bring the title to boston.

Raymond felton
Tj ford
Monta ellis
Randy Foye
Jameer nelson
Delonte west
Earl watson
D fisher
j farmar
B udrih
R alston

all these guys have as much or far more talent than rondo and don't have the luxury of being the only solid pg option on a stacked team any of them could have played the rondo role on last years Celtics team where as if rondo was on a team like the kings or clippers he probably wouldn't even be a starter he is a pesky little player with good size for a pg and alot of energy but he has no real skill he just compiles stats off of playing a lot of minutes with a great defensive team.

sliggy04
12-04-2008, 02:20 PM
He's definitely progressing... but his not an elite PG yet...

I am a die hard Celtics fan, but you hit that right on the head!!! :clap:

Skins4Life
12-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Hes getting better all the time, but you cannot say that he's elite... besides, look who he has around him to take the defensive pressure off of him: KG, Pierce, and Allen- all of which can be argued as a top 10-15 player in the NBA... so yea he's good, but not elite, because the elite are those who make the other players better, not the other way around.

Gmen824
12-04-2008, 02:30 PM
If he gets his jumpshot down. there is no doubt he'll be one of the elite pg's.

fatpat1116
12-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Hes getting better all the time, but you cannot say that he's elite... besides, look who he has around him to take the defensive pressure off of him: KG, Pierce, and Allen- all of which can be argued as a top 10-15 player in the NBA... so yea he's good, but not elite, because the elite are those who make the other players better, not the other way around.

Exactly he has never made a single player better and thats what a good pg does look what cp did for d west and tyson

look what deron did for boozer and okur

look what kidd did with kmart jefferson and the rest of the nets or what nash did making household names out of joe johnson shawn marion amare diaw bell and barbosa

the mark of a good pg is to make the team around you better and rondo is yet to do that but what he has done is benefit from a star studded team something these other guys couldent do.

Corey
12-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Exactly he has never made a single player better and thats what a good pg does look what cp did for d west and tyson

look what deron did for boozer and okur

look what kidd did with kmart jefferson and the rest of the nets or what nash did making household names out of joe johnson shawn marion amare diaw bell and barbosa

the mark of a good pg is to make the team around you better and rondo is yet to do that but what he has done is benefit from a star studded team something these other guys couldent do.
I'm not arguing your opinion on Rondo, because I don't believe he's elite, and its hard to make a case for top 10, BUT:

-Boozer was an above average player before Deron. Same goes for Okur.

-I believe Kidd did make K-Mart better (although injuries killed him), but Jefferson is still an above average player without Kidd, and seemed to play at the same pace after the Kidd trade.

-Nash didn't make Joe Johnson into a household name. Joe Johnson made HIMSELF well known after he felt disrespected after being traded by the C's. Look at what he's doing in Atlanta. He's playing the best ball of his career while splitting time at the 1/2. (And another side note: Diaw, Bell, and Barbosa still aren't household names, so that's a non-case. They might get open looks because of Nash AND Amare, but it's not just because of Nash.

Gibby23
12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm not arguing your opinion on Rondo, because I don't believe he's elite, and its hard to make a case for top 10, BUT:

-I believe Kidd did make K-Mart better (although injuries killed him), but Jefferson is still an above average player without Kidd, and seemed to play at the same pace after the Kidd trade.

-Nash didn't make Joe Johnson into a household name. Joe Johnson made HIMSELF well known after he felt disrespected after being traded by the C's. Look at what he's doing in Atlanta. He's playing the best ball of his career while splitting time at the 1/2. (And another side note: Diaw, Bell, and Barbosa still aren't household names, so that's a non-case. They might get open looks because of Nash AND Amare, but it's not just because of Nash.

Kidd also got Mikie Moore paid. Nash is going to be the reason that Marion doesn't get max money this offseason, because Nash made him better.

chicagowhitesox
12-04-2008, 04:23 PM
hahaha 10 ppg is closer to average than elite. lol not even close at this point.

SeoulBeatz
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
is this thread for real

rondo is not even top 10

he may be later on, but not yet, just because he got a triple double lol.

he is no where near Deron Williams or CP3 cause for one, he can't shoot, but since he doesnt have to shoot with KG, Pierce, and Allen to do that for him, his shot isnt an issue. But on any other team, it would be.

he's a good player, but he isn't even top 10.

and dont say "oooh but u havent seen every celtics game this year" cus in fact, i pretty much have, my roomate is a celts fan and has nba broadband so i see that **** constantly, and RONDO IS NOT TOP 10, yet.

He is still not better than

CP3
Deron
Nash
Baron Davis
Tony Parker
Chauncey Billups
Gilbert Arenas
Jose Calderon
Andre Miller
Jason Kidd

hes got a long way to go. dont get ahead of urselves bostonfans

Faneik
12-04-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm not saying Rondo is elite, to me he is top-15/16

Please stop generalizing, not all celtics' fans are saying Rondo is elite.

However, it's undeniable that he is having a great start of the season. According to NBA.com, he ranks 6th in PG's Efficiency per 48 mins, with 20 games played.

Here's the current NBA.com top-10 PG ranking based on efficiency/48mins:

1. Chris Paul
2. Tony Parker
3. Devin Harris
4. Billups
5. Kidd
6. Rondo
7. Nate Robinson
8. Nash
9. Calderon
10. Jameer Nelson

D-Will is great, he doesn't crack this list b/c he was injured. But Rondo is outplaying some notable PG's right now (again, with 20 games played): Baron Davis, Iverson, Bibby, Rose, Ford, Andre Miller.

He has been playing great, that's all I'm saying.

samxeyeam
12-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Wow... Reading this thread spooled me up abit... First of all goes to the "patriot" fan that there is a team that won ring"s" without a solid big man... The BULLS!!! AH! forgot about them huh? They did have good roll playing big men like rodman, cartwright, longely, etc... but they werent "elite" or solid big man that can produce 20/10... Trust me, I hate the celtics due to me being a laker fan but I DO see talent, I am not ignorant and the only celtic I do like is rondo. His bball IQ is pretty high for him to plug in where the big three does not cover... So what does that tell us? He is a great role player FOR NOW!!! Do not compare him to the likes of CP3 or deron williams cuz those two actually RUN a team... Same with steve nash and jason kidd... For TRUE basketball fans, you guys realize the "true" PG's are a dying breed... nash and kidd will probably be the last of the true PG's in the league... CP3 and deron are hybrid's. (I wont go into detail about my story behind their game cuz the post is gonna get longer) Why not throw jordan farmar into this mix? I dont see rondo's and farmar's game that different, except farmar has better range and rondo is more attack the basket type... Granted farmar didnt get a triple double but he does get alot less PT than rondo... What about barerra on the mavs or blake on the blazers? Rondo has potential, please do not throw "elite" around that easily because the only two PG's that deserve that title right now is nash and kidd, because they have been proven for more than "2 to 3" years of play. Case closed.

astrosmaniac
12-04-2008, 05:31 PM
To respond to my previous post that he isn't a top 10 PG even though it was 10 pages ago:

Definitely better (there are already 12):
Derrick Rose
Jason Kidd
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson
Jose Calderon
Baron Davis
Devin Harris
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Gilbert Arenas

Arguably better:
Mo Williams
Mike Bibby
Andre Miller

And Brandon Roy plays PG many times out of position.

So if elite means being right in the middle then yea sure, he's elite.

you forgot monta ellis

amare#1
12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
He is definitely on his way to being an elite point guard. Imagine if he could shoot!

colinskik
12-04-2008, 06:09 PM
I was going to bring up the point about Duhon having some fairly good games recently, and that it would put him in the same category as Rondo, except it sounds utterly ridiculous.

Point: Rondo is not good.

I would even make the argument that Duhon is better than him...

mjt20mik
12-04-2008, 06:57 PM
He is definitely on his way to being an elite point guard. Imagine if he could shoot!

Imagine. That's it. If he was elite, I wouldn't need to imagine. lol

Giaps
12-04-2008, 07:24 PM
I was going to bring up the point about Duhon having some fairly good games recently, and that it would put him in the same category as Rondo, except it sounds utterly ridiculous.

I'm a Knicks fan and I think Duhon is playing out of his mind right now, but I'm not going to say something stupid like he is an elite point guard. They are both good point guards for their particular systems.

downsos
12-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Congrats to Rondo. I knew he would be good since his days from Kentucky. He's making us UK fans proud!

fatpat1116
12-04-2008, 07:58 PM

hahahahahah i almost did it too man but it hurt too bad duhon sucks as much as i think rondo is overated/untalented duhon is just not very good lol.

fatpat1116
12-04-2008, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Corey;7544884]I'm not arguing your opinion on Rondo, because I don't believe he's elite, and its hard to make a case for top 10, BUT:

-Nash didn't make Joe Johnson into a household name. Joe Johnson made HIMSELF well known after he felt disrespected after being traded by the C's. Look at what he's doing in Atlanta. He's playing the best ball of his career while splitting time at the 1/2. (And another side note: Diaw, Bell, and Barbosa still aren't household names, so that's a non-case. They might get open looks because of Nash AND Amare, but it's not just because of Nash.[/Q

Maybe Boozer was above average but now he is an allstar and alot of that credit goes from him joining forces with a true pg like deron.

Kidd without a doubt made Richard Jefferson a better player this was a guy who came into the league with a lot of raw athleticism and not much pure game and Kidd found a way to harness it by being creative running the floor and getting Jefferson easy buckets such as fast break dunks and ally oops if you remember the old nets when Kidd was mvp. If you even think for a second that Jefferson would have been as good as he is now having never crossed paths with Jason Kidd i just feel bad for you.

Next up Steve Nash one guy i forgot to mention Nash made a lot better and got him paid was Q Rich this guy led the NBA in 3's only because of Steve Nash. Now as for Johnson how can you just make a crazy statement like he felt disrespected by the Celtics so he made him self into a great player because that's just ridiculous he was barley even known back then aside from being a high draft pick not to mention he averaged 9.5 ppg and 9.7 ppg in his first two years with the suns who didn't have Nash at that time then Steve Nash comes along and Johnson jumps 10 ppg and starts shooting lights out from 3 but your right i guess that sudden leap had nothing to do with playing alongside the best pg in the NBA. As for Leandro Barbosa not being a household name he averaged 15 ppg last season and 18 the year before also finished 2nd in 6th man voting (to Manu who no one was gonna beat)so yea id say hes kinda a household name. As for Bell and Diaw whether they are household names or not the fact doesn't change that Steve Nash had a tremendous impact on the elevation of there games diaw was a nobody throw in in the Joe Johnson sign and trade and his first year with Nash he averaged 14 7 and 6 that's just a nasty line. If you want to make claims at least have something to back them up and regardless of how you feel about any of those suns players Nash's impact on them undeniably improved there games

Second City
12-04-2008, 08:29 PM
This thread is ridiculous. lol Are we make one of these threads every time someone has a triple double. Congrats to him but seriously...

bogdanrom
12-05-2008, 12:24 AM

Now I do give him credit for his triple double, but he's just an average player. There's no way he's in the top 10. I admire that you support to your team, but this is getting crazy. Comparing him to Chris Paul is just absurd. Chris Paul does on a average day what Rondo does on an amazing day. Rondo has plenty lapses in his game. First off no offense game what so ever. He isn't that great of a rebounder, and let's say an average to okay passer, but he does have 3 All-Stars. I cannot see him ever becoming more than a 12-5-7 player.

bogdanrom
12-05-2008, 12:28 AM

6 points 4 rebounds 4 assists

bagwell368
12-05-2008, 12:30 AM
when Rondo was drafted that was the knock - bad shot. well it is getting better. But his overall game and confidence he has is striking for his age. He ranks #3 right now in defensive stats, which is big. He gets rebounds.

he will never be Ray Allen shooting, he doesn't need to be. Besides .513% from the floor and is fine. .629 from the line is weak - he needs to get up to 77% or so to make the D pay.

Also at $1,229k he is probably the best PG dollar for dollar.

carter15
12-05-2008, 01:20 AM

i dont no if someone has mentioned how ridiculous that is since i didnt go through all 11 pages..but ill name ya a bunch
1. cp3
2. deron
3. a.i.
4. calderon
5. baron davis
6. devin harris
7. billups
8. tony parker
9. derrick rose
10. jason kidd
11. a healthy monta ellis
12. ok maybe hes 12th

and that list is in NO PARTICULAR ORDER.

TheShowzOver
12-05-2008, 01:39 AM
i dont no if someone has mentioned how ridiculous that is since i didnt go through all 11 pages..but ill name ya a bunch
1. cp3
2. deron
3. a.i.
4. calderon
5. baron davis
6. devin harris
7. billups
8. tony parker
9. derrick rose
10. jason kidd
12. ok maybe hes 12th

1. yes
2. slightly but yea
3. hell no, when has ai ever passed the ball? he's not a true pg
4. nope, way off
5. sure, if you like your pg to be mr. hollywood worry about glamor more than his game, bdiddy could be the best player in the league if he put his mind to it
6. well off again
7. great but old
8. already had this discussion, parker and rondo are basically mirror clones
9. oh yea a rookie? we'll see still a lot to prove i don't care about college stats
10. worst choice yet, kidd is way over the mountain if you'd take kidd over rondo TODAY then you're as whacked as it gets
11. not really, good but nothing special
12. rondo is not 12th he's top 5 easily, go watch the kid play then lie in he mirror some more, rondo is a baller, a true pg

TheShowzOver
12-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Man I'm a Huge Ray Allen Fan (Jesus Shuttleworth :p) and huge KG Fan, I'm really happy they won a championship. Seems like when you can't make a good comeback when ever someone here disses you, you start to claim they're a boston hater or start dissing the team they rep. This thread is about Rondo being an Elite PG? One great night does not establish you as a great player. This is what people expected when you had KG and Ray coming to Boston, people expected Rondo and Perkins numbers to go up.
An elite PG IMO is some one who makes the players around them better (JKidd, Kid Canada, CP3), Rajon doesn't make his team better, rather his teammates makes him better.

No they didn't, people for the most part expected the Celtics to win in spite of Rondo and Perkins, but nobody expected them to win the championship last year because Rondo and Perkins were unproven. Well now they got a championship and they were just as much a part of it as the big 3

We don't win that championship without Rondo especially, did you guys even watch the playoffs? He hit like 3 threes in a row against the Cavs when they kept leaving him open in the corner because he can't shoot right? We were down like 14 at home in that game and Rondo was the spark that got us the win. No credit, no credit at all. You people make me sick

Exactly, teams know exactly what Rondo is going to do, pass and drive to the hoop and they can't stop it. Rondo makes himself look good, he doesn't need the big 3 to put up numbers. I'm just going to laugh once he perfects his jumper and nails everything. It's not that hard to practice and improve your shot if you dedicate yourself to it and Rondo's shot has been improving since last year

LA_Raiders
12-05-2008, 01:49 AM
LOL, 1 game....

LA_Raiders
12-05-2008, 01:52 AM
1. cp3
2. deron
3. a.i.
4. calderon
5. baron davis
6. devin harris
7. billups
8. tony parker
9. derrick rose
10. jason kidd
12. Nash
13. ?

Agree...

TheShowzOver
12-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Now I do give him credit for his triple double, but he's just an average player. There's no way he's in the top 10. I admire that you support to your team, but this is getting crazy. Comparing him to Chris Paul is just absurd. Chris Paul does on a average day what Rondo does on an amazing day. Rondo has plenty lapses in his game. First off no offense game what so ever. He isn't that great of a rebounder, and let's say an average to okay passer, but he does have 3 All-Stars. I cannot see him ever becoming more than a 12-5-7 player.

Wow, you know nothing about basketball. Have you ever even seen him play? No you haven't you couldn't of, ever seen a Rondo highlight reel? Doubtful. Go back under your rock please

mjt20mik
12-05-2008, 01:59 AM
No they didn't, people for the most part expected the Celtics to win in spite of Rondo and Perkins, but nobody expected them to win the championship last year because Rondo and Perkins were unproven. Well now they got a championship and they were just as much a part of it as the big 3

We don't win that championship without Rondo especially, did you guys even watch the playoffs? He hit like 3 threes in a row against the Cavs when they kept leaving him open in the corner because he can't shoot right? We were down like 14 at home in that game and Rondo was the spark that got us the win. No credit, no credit at all. You people make me sick

Exactly, teams know exactly what Rondo is going to do, pass and drive to the hoop and they can't stop it. Rondo makes himself look good, he doesn't need the big 3 to put up numbers. I'm just going to laugh once he perfects his jumper and nails everything. It's not that hard to practice and improve your shot if you dedicate yourself to it and Rondo's shot has been improving since last year

First point. People are acknowledging Rondo is a good pointguard. Just not an elite one yet. And second point, he will only be elite, once he improves his shot. Otherwise, he's just a solid pointguard, on a very good team.

To be honest, I don't think he can reach his full potential, because not much of him is asked on this team. He's basically just asked to feed KG/Pierce/Allen. I would like to see how well he would do on another team. A team, where he can't get easy assists from feeding 3 future HOF'ers.

TheShowzOver
12-05-2008, 02:01 AM
The Rondo Show vs the Magic. Enough said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPK4hTtr6tU

But i'll say more anyways because i can. So Rondo had "1 good game in his career" the triple double game right? Lmfao, yea 23 points 4 boards, 4 steals, 6 assists against the Magic, with the ball hungry big 3. Yup Rondo sure isn't a top pg

If Rondo scores 10 points a game, just 10 points he'll easily EASILY go down as one of the best point guards to ever play the game but i know he'll get 15-20 atleast in his career especially once the big 3's career winds down

mjt20mik
12-05-2008, 02:07 AM
The Rondo Show vs the Magic. Enough said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPK4hTtr6tU

But i'll say more anyways because i can. So Rondo had "1 good game in his career" the triple double game right? Lmfao, yea 23 points 4 boards, 4 steals, 6 assists against the Magic, with the ball hungry big 3. Yup Rondo sure isn't a top pg

If Rondo scores 10 points a game, just 10 points he'll easily EASILY go down as one of the best point guards to ever play the game but i know he'll get 15-20 atleast in his career especially once the big 3's career winds down

Ok. Once that happens, please message me, and I'll totally take back what I said.

Until then, go play your video games, or whatever you do that is not talking about basketball with analytical human beings.

Peace!

TheShowzOver
12-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Ok. Once that happens, please message me, and I'll totally take back what I said.

Until then, go play your video games, or whatever you do that is not talking about basketball with analytical human beings.

Peace!

Actually i think i'll go to bed because i have to work in the morning, you know make a living. I can't be on the pc all night like most of you

mjt20mik
12-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Actually i think i'll go to bed because i have to work in the morning, you know make a living. I can't be on the pc all night like most of you

Yeah sucks. I'm doing my Masters in Business Administration right now. Sucks that I'm wasting my life doing that.
:eyebrow:

horry1ur
12-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Yeah sucks. I'm doing my Masters in Business Administration right now. Sucks that I'm wasting my life doing that.
:eyebrow:

Totally! You suck at life! :D

horry1ur
12-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Oh and maybe its time to close this thread because more "fans" of the Celtics that say "we bleed Celtic Green" or "we've been fans for years" will just come and disagree with what we say and also most of agree that Rondo is good but not elite

/Thread

UnWantedTheory
12-05-2008, 03:03 AM

Every time I read one of your biased Boston posts, I have gotten many impressions, but humble is not one of them. Ignorant, crazy, biased, and sometimes just plain stupid. But not humble. You sir, are definitely troubled.

FlawlessKB24
12-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Rondo this season:
10 PPG, 7 AST
that is hardly top 10

HOWEVER. there is no doubt that he is improving every game.
He is perfect at running a team. Not flashy, but definitely gets the job done. true leader

from that sense, yes he is a top PG, but there are guys that you would take over him.
so no he's not elite, but he definitely can be. he's still really young

UnWantedTheory
12-05-2008, 03:52 AM
He is a solid PG. Nothing more. I am not sure he will ever be elite. As of now Top 15-20 pgs. The kid shows flashes of brilliance, as he did with his triple double. But the fact is that those times will be too few and far between. He is very solid and fits that teams need at pg perfectly. But elite he is not, and perhaps may never get to that point. Time will tell for him. I just dont think he will ever be a top 5 PG in the league. He seems to have a good IQ and attitude though. Lets just say he has an elite personality? Will that do?

nstachowski
12-05-2008, 05:06 AM
I agree, he is a solid PG but i definately would not consider him elite yet.

Nighthawk
12-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Its sooo funny hearing opinions from people who dont even watch Celtics games. Please dont judge rondos games if your just lookin at ESPN's league leaders or the box score. I dont kno if hes top 5. but easily top 10. Cp3, Deron Williams, T.Parker and Billups ade the only guys i rather have than Rondo.

Calderon?? Kidd? A.i(who rondo abused when they played) A. Miller??? there not better than rondo no way.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Showzover, ive seen your posts around here and i like that u support the Boston teams to the end. I got a few friends who are the same way. However, i have to say this,

dont build up your own team to be full of all stars. we have plenty of lakers fans for that.

Rondo is running the team great and lets hope it continues, but 1 triple double doesnt put him at Baron Davis level or CP3 or Dwill. bc the fact is that if we had them instead, the Celtics would not lose 1 game.

Go Rondo! and heres to hoping he does reach that elite level when we will really need him to.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Its sooo funny hearing opinions from people who dont even watch Celtics games. Please dont judge rondos games if your just lookin at ESPN's league leaders or the box score. I dont kno if hes top 5. but easily top 10. Cp3, Deron Williams, T.Parker and Billups ade the only guys i rather have than Rondo.

Calderon?? Kidd? A.i(who rondo abused when they played) A. Miller??? there not better than rondo no way.

True PGs better than Rondo right now in no order:

D-will
CP3
Baron
Billups
Parker
Harris

Rondo, Ford, D-Rose, Calderon are all about the same level right now, but Rondo I believe has been the most efficient of them this year. i think miller sucks. kidd sucks, wat a ripoff by the nets. Nelson is ok. Bibby is declining, but still good. Monte Ellis is not a true PG, neither is AI.

Silent
12-05-2008, 10:38 AM

he's not even top 5 give the kid some time he will be up there soon enough but calling him a elite pg after 20 + games cmon lol

D-will
CP3
Baron
Billups
Parker
Harris

Rondo, Ford, D-Rose, Calderon are all about the same level right now, but Rondo I believe has been the most efficient of them this year. i think miller sucks. kidd sucks, wat a ripoff by the nets. Nelson is ok. Bibby is declining, but still good. Monte Ellis is not a true PG, neither is AI.

u gotta be kidding me drose is carring his team rondo dosen't have to do that hes a role player while d rose is a star player theres' a big diffrence

D-will
CP3
Baron
Billups
Parker
d-rose
Harris

Giaps
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Fanboys and homers are always a treat.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-05-2008, 02:21 PM
he's not even top 5 give the kid some time he will be up there soon enough but calling him a elite pg after 20 + games cmon lol

u gotta be kidding me drose is carring his team rondo dosen't have to do that hes a role player while d rose is a star player theres' a big diffrence

D-will
CP3
Baron
Billups
Parker
d-rose
Harris

i dont watch rose much, but wen i see him he is scoring and not really distributing enough. i know he can get to the basket and score, but can he run a team's offense? does he get everyone involved the way Rondo and those PGs above him do. i know AI can score, but u dont see him on the list bc he cant distribute. u have probably seen rose more than me, but i see him as mainly a scoring PG,, a great one at that tho.

i stick by putting Rose and Rondo on the same level.

MooseWithFleas
12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey Show, remember when the Red Sox came back and beat Tampa to advance to the series? Oops. Its a shame they unbanned you. You are the filth of PSD

Nets fan 93
12-05-2008, 03:32 PM

D-will
CP3
Baron
Billups
Parker
Harris

I respect that you are not a homer and you put Harris over Rondo:clap:
But what I don't like is that you said Kidd sucks... he does not suck, you should watch the Mavs before posting something like that :pity:

CHRISDODGERS
12-05-2008, 04:08 PM
What does Boston have anything to do with this? Yes, we know Boston sports has flourished in recent years... but seriously I don't need to hear it everytime you get backed into a perverbial corner with backlash for unnessesary comments...

Rondo is getting better, but he is not top ten... He had a good game, and the Celts came out on top but one game will not change that...

I don't feel like saying it again so ^ here you go...

Nighthawk
12-05-2008, 04:38 PM

D-will
CP3
Baron
Billups
Parker
d-rose
Harris

It isnt just 20 + games tho...Its last year in the Finals torching LA. Or coming up big throughout the whole playoffs. And his whole short career which gets better every game. Im not saying he is an ELITE point guard but he isnt getting enough respect. Im not saying this ONE triple double makes him elite it just adds on to what some apparently already thought of Rondo.

Harris?? Rose?? PLEASE!!

If we had Rose or Harris they would be doing what rondo is doing. We wouldnt need there scoring. Bulls and Nets are both mediocre basketball teams with not much offense. Im Sorry. Ill take Parker, Paul, Deron and Billups. Other than that I really like rondo. He plays STELLAR 1 on 1 defense. He rebounds at a superb rate for his size, He can get to the basket literally EVERY play, and his court vision gets better by the minutes. Sure his knock is that he cant shoot, But he doesnt really have to be nailing pull up jumpers night in an out. He his average at best at shooting and ive seen him hit enough open jumpers to trust his mid range shot. If he could ever be a consistant 3 pt threat :speechless::speechless::speechless: STILL im sold on rondo. Now and for years to come. When we drafted him i wasnt expecting half of what hes doing now and at the moment i only expect him to get better.

mjt20mik
12-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Can someone please close this thread. It's just becoming Boston fans Vs. other Nba fans.

kvrnm
12-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Can someone please close this thread. It's just becoming Boston fans Vs. other Nba fans.

people dont give rondo credit. i think he is prolly around 8or 9 for point guards in the league.

TheShowzOver
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Start The Show. The Celtics are on ESPN against the Blazers, watch very closely as Rondo torches them

rosesbulls
12-05-2008, 09:18 PM
It isnt just 20 + games tho...Its last year in the Finals torching LA. Or coming up big throughout the whole playoffs. And his whole short career which gets better every game. Im not saying he is an ELITE point guard but he isnt getting enough respect. Im not saying this ONE triple double makes him elite it just adds on to what some apparently already thought of Rondo.

Harris?? Rose?? PLEASE!!

If we had Rose or Harris they would be doing what rondo is doing. We wouldnt need there scoring. Bulls and Nets are both mediocre basketball teams with not much offense. Im Sorry. Ill take Parker, Paul, Deron and Billups. Other than that I really like rondo. He plays STELLAR 1 on 1 defense. He rebounds at a superb rate for his size, He can get to the basket literally EVERY play, and his court vision gets better by the minutes. Sure his knock is that he cant shoot, But he doesnt really have to be nailing pull up jumpers night in an out. He his average at best at shooting and ive seen him hit enough open jumpers to trust his mid range shot. If he could ever be a consistant 3 pt threat :speechless::speechless::speechless: STILL im sold on rondo. Now and for years to come. When we drafted him i wasnt expecting half of what hes doing now and at the moment i only expect him to get better.

Both Harris and Rose do what Rondo's best scoring asset is 10x better, drive. + they both have a pretty good 20ft stop and shoot. Rose and Harris are both MUCH better and talented. Rose is a better rebounder and Harris is right around there. You might be able to make an argument about Rose a weak 1 but an argument. But Harris is a top 5 pg if not then #6.

CP3
D- Will
Chauncey
Parker
Harris or Baron

I see Rondos middle scenario (not best but not worse) being a Brevin Knight without injuries

Rondo really will probably be lucky if in his prime he has Brevin Knight's prime like #s.

Rondo's #s this season are almost identical to Brevin Knights rookie season 9/3/8
10/4/7

BTW Rondo would just be graduating and Knight came out as a Senior.

Rondo plays great d but just like how you knock players about not being good on defense or a defensive liability its the same the other way around Another possibility I can see is a Wallace like player as a guard. Nothing on offense (he would have more then Wallace but still very little) but a 4 time defensive player of the year ( He probably wont be 4 time but great defensive player)

theimortalone
12-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Start The Show. The Celtics are on ESPN against the Blazers, watch very closely as Rondo torches them

:laugh:

Faneik
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I tell you all one thing: Celtics right now have a big 4.:smoking:

theimortalone
12-05-2008, 09:58 PM

Really you only think that CP3, Billups, and maybeeeeee Tony Parker are the only guys that are better than Rondo? Do you not know anything about the NBA? How about Baron Davis, Mo Williams, Jose Calderon, Jason Kidd(Even when he is past his prime) Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Andre Miller, hell even Mike Bibby are all better than Rondo. Saying that Rondo is a top 4 point guard is totally insane! Do your research there buddy! :clap: :cool: :smoking:

rosesbulls
12-05-2008, 09:59 PM
1. yes
2. slightly but yea
3. hell no, when has ai ever passed the ball? he's not a true pg
4. nope, way off
5. sure, if you like your pg to be mr. hollywood worry about glamor more than his game, bdiddy could be the best player in the league if he put his mind to it
6. well off again
7. great but old
8. already had this discussion, parker and rondo are basically mirror clones
9. oh yea a rookie? we'll see still a lot to prove i don't care about college stats
10. worst choice yet, kidd is way over the mountain if you'd take kidd over rondo TODAY then you're as whacked as it gets
11. not really, good but nothing special
12. rondo is not 12th he's top 5 easily, go watch the kid play then lie in he mirror some more, rondo is a baller, a true pg

8. You mean other then Parker is faster, more athletic, better dribbler, better slasher, has a shot, Nba finals MVP, and more adgile then when Rondo gets on par with Parker on all those things then you'd be right they are mirror images:rolleyes:

9. Rose didn't have great college stats :speechless: it's how he has trainsitioned to the NBA that is so impressive.

10. The Irony is unbearable you make a post talking about Rondo becoming the next great pg then say when some1 says that the guy with the 3rd most triple doubles all time is better then Rondo you say your wacked

This season Jason kidd is getting 9/7/8.

Your final comments on the guy who posted it made me think of the phrase you are what you say...

12. You must not have any credibility at all with the comments you make. Top 5 I guess you still think that the only guys better then Rondo are "CP3 maybeeee parker, Chauncey Billups?" That still your dilusional thought process?

Every fan homers a little bit but you, you make boston fans look real bad!

lovingTO
12-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow as if this thread has been this active. 'TheShowzOver' is some wack 12 year old from boston who clearly doesn't know basketball. Rondo is no where near elite. This thread is a jokeeeeeeeeeeee. Don't give people like this the time of day!

TheShowzOver
12-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Rondo with the deeeep three at the third quarter buzzer. I know you saw that. Wooo baby, my predictions come true always

rosesbulls
12-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Rondo with the deeeep three at the third quarter buzzer. I know you saw that. Wooo baby, my predictions come true always

If 16/8/7 is a great game for Rondo then you are flip flopping on your expectations and his ability;
chek boston forum btw i found a great quote of yours

MooseWithFleas
12-05-2008, 11:11 PM
LOL SHOW. Can you be banned for stupidity? Because this guy surely deserves it.

TheShowzOver
12-06-2008, 01:10 PM
If 16/8/7 is a great game for Rondo then you are flip flopping on your expectations and his ability;
chek boston forum btw i found a great quote of yours

Um, that's a solid game with 3 future hall of famers on the floor that need the ball in their hands too. Keep hating

Rondo makes himself look good every game despite all the ball hungry guys on the floor

And yea it is a good game, almost another triple double. You're a fool

MilfHunter07
12-06-2008, 01:31 PM

I forgot to mention that Ricky Davis also had a Triple Double like 5 seasons ago, which make's him a elite Player as well i guess.

codes238
12-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I forgot to mention that Ricky Davis also had a Triple Double like 5 seasons ago, which make's him a elite Player as well i guess.

hahaha was that the one where he shot on his own hoop and tried to count it as a rebound hahaha... the look on jerry sloan's face when he did that was priceless... man ricky was the king, its too bad that he's dead...

MooseWithFleas
12-06-2008, 01:39 PM
John Salmons also had a triple double, but he is only on the brink of being a top 3 PG in the league.

brodawgs
12-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Put almost any PG on the Celtics and their bound to get a triple double. Rondo definatly has earned the right to be a starter, but he is just slightly above average among PG's. The elite PG's are CP3, Nash, Parker, Kidd, Williams, Billups, and Davis. I would compare him to Mo. Williams, Calderon, and Harris.

TheShowzOver
12-06-2008, 02:17 PM

Ricky is a good player, could of been great but he cares too much about flash. He's a headcase. He threw the ball off the rim so he could get a triple double, all he cares about is stats and highlights

Your logic fails, i didn't say that Rondo was an elite player because he got a triple double i said he was an elite player before the triple double and now that he has it do you have any more questions?

Like what more proof do you people need? The thing is half you guys have never even watched a whole celtics game from start to finish and seen what he brings to the game, and even if you have it's not all about stats all the time. He manages the game, he runs the system, he runs the show. He's a floor general, any pg that can get the offense going is great/elite in my view and theres only a handful. All the guys that people have mentioned in this thread and rondo. True PG's are hard to come by and Rondo is as true as it gets. Half these other guys could easily be labeled shooting guards. Just because they get the assists doesn't always mean they are true pg's. It means teams are making them give up the ball because they are so good at scoring that they don't want to get burned therefore they make them pass.

Rondo runs the team, not the big 3. The sooner you guys realize that the sooner we can get on the same page about him being an elite pg. All you guys care about is flash, and highlights. The only reason Chris Paul is noticed is for his ridiculous alley oops to Chandler and his circus shots here and there. Rondo can do all of that crap too. He just has to share the ball more than Cp3 and other guys because he's playing with the big 3. Put Cp3 on the Celtics and his numbers will come down a bit too, i guarantee you.

What's it going to take, is it going to take Rondo a couple 40 point games for you guys to give him some credit? If Rondo and only Rondo touched the ball the whole game he would drop 40-50 a night easily. Even if his shot isn't the best right now he can get to the rim at will

I feel like buying you all a basketball encyclopedia for christmas, get some knowledge please

rosesbulls
12-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Ricky is a good player, could of been great but he cares too much about flash. He's a headcase. He threw the ball off the rim so he could get a triple double, all he cares about is stats and highlights

Your logic fails, i didn't say that Rondo was an elite player because he got a triple double i said he was an elite player before the triple double and now that he has it do you have any more questions?

Like what more proof do you people need? The thing is half you guys have never even watched a whole celtics game from start to finish and seen what he brings to the game, and even if you have it's not all about stats all the time. He manages the game, he runs the system, he runs the show. He's a floor general, any pg that can get the offense going is great/elite in my view and theres only a handful. All the guys that people have mentioned in this thread and rondo. True PG's are hard to come by and Rondo is as true as it gets. Half these other guys could easily be labeled shooting guards. Just because they get the assists doesn't always mean they are true pg's. It means teams are making them give up the ball because they are so good at scoring that they don't want to get burned therefore they make them pass.

Rondo runs the team, not the big 3. The sooner you guys realize that the sooner we can get on the same page about him being an elite pg. All you guys care about is flash, and highlights. The only reason Chris Paul is noticed is for his ridiculous alley oops to Chandler and his circus shots here and there. Rondo can do all of that crap too. He just has to share the ball more than Cp3 and other guys because he's playing with the big 3. Put Cp3 on the Celtics and his numbers will come down a bit too, i guarantee you.

What's it going to take, is it going to take [B]Rondo a couple 40 point games for you guys to give him some credit? If Rondo and only Rondo touched the ball the whole game he would drop 40-50 a night easily. Even if his shot isn't the best right now he can get to the rim at will

I feel like buying you all a basketball encyclopedia for christmas, get some knowledge please

WOW... were to start.

Yes i do have ALOT more questions about his ability...

If your implying that CP3 and Rondo are able to be used in the same sentence other then (CP3 is way better then Rondo.) then you are even more mested up then I thought you are, your constant delusional and bias statements are sad:pity:. Rondo can't do any of the things CP3 can do at all. CP3 is the best pg because he is the best passer he destroys Rondo at every stat catagory and every in game skill. Rondo can't do the circus shots or the amazing passes...

How about Rondo gets 1 close to 1 40 point game:rolleyes:.

If jj reddick and only jj reddick touched the ball all night game he could drop 40-50, its called shoot around :laugh:

Rondo isn't nearly as fast as AI, Rose, Wade or a ton of other guards all with at least a good stop and shoot.

You are pathetic you have no knowledge of basketball its pathetic. Rondo isn't that athletic and you seem to think that he is at par with Wade and AI, or Rose those guys can get to the rim at will Rondo can't because his jump shot is so pathetic players can be 5 feet off him and he still will miss. Rondo is a good player but you are so Bias and so delusional am going to pray for you when the big 3 are done that you don't commit suicide with disappointment
Rondo is not a big talent he is a career starting pg nothing more he is not destined for greatness and never will be. He might be a top 5 pg at his very prime but it would only be a year or 2. I am going to be sorry for you when Rondo doesn't live up to this huge potential you think he has.

He is a decent Athlete not nearly fast enough to get to the rim at will and not a good enough jump shot to make defenders stay honest your expectations are ridiculous and will never be met.

You are the worst kind of fan so bias and blinded by homerism that you think that every good role player on your team will be unbelievable.

You are probably a 12 year old who just started watching the Celtics last season.

There are so many questions about his ability and 1 triple double won't change that. This thread is a joke just like you.

rosesbulls
12-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Um, that's a solid game with 3 future hall of famers on the floor that need the ball in their hands too. Keep hating

Rondo makes himself look good every game despite all the ball hungry guys on the floor

And yea it is a good game, almost another triple double. You're a fool

If he is a pg who doesn't bring the ball up every possession how could he be elite :eyebrow:.

Jason kidd averages the 7/8 and 16 points are nothing special but you say that Jason kidd isn't even in Rondo's league your a bias joke who really needs to grow up

yeah a solid game but your prediciton was that he would torch them if 16/7/8 o mighty profet is a great game then your a ,as you say, fool:smoking:

goku
12-06-2008, 03:35 PM
rondo is on a team with 3 stars nobody is really tryin to stop him like teams are tryin to stop cp3

TheShowzOver
12-06-2008, 04:13 PM
WOW... were to start.

Yes i do have ALOT more questions about his ability...

If your implying that CP3 and Rondo are able to be used in the same sentence other then (CP3 is way better then Rondo.) then you are even more mested up then I thought you are, your constant delusional and bias statements are sad:pity:. Rondo can't do any of the things CP3 can do at all. CP3 is the best pg because he is the best passer he destroys Rondo at every stat catagory and every in game skill. Rondo can't do the circus shots or the amazing passes...

How about Rondo gets 1 close to 1 40 point game:rolleyes:.

If jj reddick and only jj reddick touched the ball all night game he could drop 40-50, its called shoot around :laugh:

Rondo isn't nearly as fast as AI, Rose, Wade or a ton of other guards all with at least a good stop and shoot.

You are pathetic you have no knowledge of basketball its pathetic. Rondo isn't that athletic and you seem to think that he is at par with Wade and AI, or Rose those guys can get to the rim at will Rondo can't because his jump shot is so pathetic players can be 5 feet off him and he still will miss. Rondo is a good player but you are so Bias and so delusional am going to pray for you when the big 3 are done that you don't commit suicide with disappointment
Rondo is not a big talent he is a career starting pg nothing more he is not destined for greatness and never will be. He might be a top 5 pg at his very prime but it would only be a year or 2. I am going to be sorry for you when Rondo doesn't live up to this huge potential you think he has.

He is a decent Athlete not nearly fast enough to get to the rim at will and not a good enough jump shot to make defenders stay honest your expectations are ridiculous and will never be met.

You are the worst kind of fan so bias and blinded by homerism that you think that every good role player on your team will be unbelievable.

You are probably a 12 year old who just started watching the Celtics last season.

There are so many questions about his ability and 1 triple double won't change that. This thread is a joke just like you.

You lost the argument, so just give up. I brought nothing but facts and you've brought nothing but your Sports Center knowledge so i've had about enough of you.

Sounds like to me that you're just upset that Rondo is getting attention in this thread and nobody is talking about D-Rose. Maybe that's because Rondo is better than D-Rose

rosesbulls
12-06-2008, 04:23 PM
You lost the argument, so just give up. I brought nothing but facts and you've brought nothing but your Sports Center knowledge so i've had about enough of you.

Sounds like to me that you're just upset that Rondo is getting attention in this thread and nobody is talking about D-Rose. Maybe that's because Rondo is better than D-Rose

What facts have you brought? You just brought garbage about Rondo being the greatest pg sense Magic.

Of course Rondo would get more attention in a thread about Rondo.

Name a single fact you have brought that has any weight.

What SC garbage? Your the 1 that thinks the only reason CP3 is good is because of his sick plays.

Way to avoid ever point I made and just sound self assured about nothing bring up a point and make this at least a discussion instead of trying to avoid making any points.

cwilson21
12-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Is this stupid ****ing thread still going on? Rondo is a solid player. That's it. Nothing more.

Cubs Win
12-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Maybe that's because Rondo is better than D-Rose

HA! You're pretty funny. Just give up kid. Anyone who would take Rondo over Rose is just foolish. Rose is better than Rondo in pretty much every aspect of the game.

MooseWithFleas
12-06-2008, 04:45 PM

HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAH... END THREAD RIGHT THERE! :laugh:

Faneik
12-06-2008, 04:45 PM
I won't go there saying Rondo is better than Rose or any other player. But the man has been playing great lately.

Love or hate him, at least give him some credit for that.

philab
12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
What's it going to take, is it going to take Rondo a couple 40 point games for you guys to give him some credit? If Rondo and only Rondo touched the ball the whole game he would drop 40-50 a night easily. Even if his shot isn't the best right now he can get to the rim at will

This is really good stuff.

Rondo could put up 40-50 a night easily? Are you really serious? Jordan never averaged 40 a night and you're saying Rondo could do it easily? He only averages like 10 PPG right now!

Rondo can get to the rim at will because he's the 4th, maybe 5th, focus of the opposing defense. The opposing team is relaxing on him in order to apply more pressure on KG, Pierce, and Allen. Sometimes, Rondo makes them pay by taking it to the hoop.

Seriously, in that game last night, half of Rondo's points came off wide-open paths to the hoop. Do you ever see Kobe or LeBron or Wade with such absolutely wide-open lanes in a half-court set? No, because the other team is completely focused on them.

This isn't to take anything away from Rondo; he's only taking advantage of what the defense gives him. To act like he's some phenomenal offensive talent is just complete ********, though. Rondo is a below-average scorer and about an average player at best. Dropping 40-50 a night is maybe the most ridiculous statement regarding basketball that I have ever heard.

Cubs Win
12-06-2008, 05:09 PM
I won't go there saying Rondo is better than Rose or any other player. But the man has been playing great lately.

Love or hate him, at least give him some credit for that.

No doubt he's been playing well lately, but ELITE? Thats where I jump off. Even as he's been playing great, his numbers have been right around D-Rose's numbers except he has a better team around him. That's why he frustrated me, The Showz Over just lacks basic sports knowledge.

Faneik
12-06-2008, 05:28 PM
No doubt he's been playing well lately, but ELITE? Thats where I jump off. Even as he's been playing great, his numbers have been right around D-Rose's numbers except he has a better team around him. That's why he frustrated me, The Showz Over just lacks basic sports knowledge.

The Showz Over is one controversial dude.

He gets his fun with these kind of threads, where it's him against the world.

He doesn't lack knowledge, he says things that other posters may pick up and attack him. That's his fun.

rosesbulls
12-06-2008, 05:35 PM
The Showz Over is one controversial dude.

He gets his fun with these kind of threads, where it's him against the world.

He doesn't lack knowledge, he says things that other posters may pick up and attack him. That's his fun.

Your sig reminds of the guy in Semipro.

He doesn't say very knowledgeable things.

Faneik
12-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Your sig reminds of the guy in Semipro.

He doesn't say very knowledgeable things.

He makes controversial arguments, that tend to lead other posters attacking him. That's how he gets his fun. Don't take him too seriously, or else you become part of his fun.

MooseWithFleas
12-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I get my fun from his absurd statements. Especially when he is wrong, goes *******, then gets banned!

rosesbulls
12-06-2008, 05:51 PM
I get my fun from his absurd statements. Especially when he is wrong, goes *******, then gets banned!

+1

Never saw him go ******* but i can imagine it would be funny.

kuppz
12-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I havent posted on this site in a while but i needed to comment on this. I always loved rondo's game he can really handle the ball but to say hes an nba elite point guard is a joke. Nash, paul, deron, parker, baron those guys are amongst the elite. Rondo's not even on that level and i don't think he ever will be. He's playing on a team with pierce, garnett and allen i think any capable nba point guard can rack up assists passing it to those guys. When you got opposing defences focusing all their attention on those three how ez is it to chip in 10, 11, 12 points. I will admit I like his season stat line : 10.4, 7.7, 4.8 but again I think those numbers are a product of the situation he is currently in. IMO to be an elite point guard you have to average 20 and 10 or close to it. I don't know if rondo can ever do that.

cmellofan15
12-06-2008, 06:12 PM
I havent posted on this site in a while but i needed to comment on this. I always loved rondo's game he can really handle the ball but to say hes an nba elite point guard is a joke. Nash, paul, deron, parker, baron those guys are amongst the elite. Rondo's not even on that level and i don't think he ever will be. He's playing on a team with pierce, garnett and allen i think any capable nba point guard can rack up assists passing it to those guys. When you got opposing defences focusing all their attention on those three how ez is it to chip in 10, 11, 12 points. I will admit I like his season stat line : 10.4, 7.7, 4.8 but again I think those numbers are a product of the situation he is currently in. IMO to be an elite point guard you have to average 20 and 10 or close to it. I don't know if rondo can ever do that.

I don't think you should've wasted your time here in this thread. This guys gonna keep thinking that PSD is some kind of conspiracy to bash on Rajon Rondo. I think we should close this thread before somebody gets banned for cussing this guy out. He's obviously seeking attention by saying stuff he knows can't be true.

LakerzDQ
12-07-2008, 04:12 AM
lol Elite no,Put him on the Clippers and no 1 would talk about him

haha, that's so true

Nighthawk
12-07-2008, 09:48 AM
haha, that's so true

How is that True??? I think Rondo can actually do a lot but only does whats needed on the C's. He doesnt need to score and take a lot of shots. Because we have amazing players around him. On the Clippers i think his numbers actually get WAAAY better. Hed be a main option on the Clips and would probably drive to the whole and get lots of scoring chances. He would still be able to rebound and play defense on a ****** team so the boards and steals would be there. I think rondo is a excellent pg and i have stopped thinking it was just because the big 3 and because he was on the Celtics a loong time ago. Hell if anyone in Boston is actually saying we have the BIG 4 i wouldnt care. I hope we lock Rondo up for a lot of years.

Faneik
12-07-2008, 09:53 AM
How is that True??? I think Rondo can actually do a lot but only does whats needed on the C's. He doesnt need to score and take a lot of shots. Because we have amazing players around him. On the Clippers i think his numbers actually get WAAAY better. Hed be a main option on the Clips and would probably drive to the whole and get lots of scoring chances. He would still be able to rebound and play defense on a ****** team so the boards and steals would be there. I think rondo is a excellent pg and i have stopped thinking it was just because the big 3 and because he was on the Celtics a loong time ago. Hell if anyone in Boston is actually saying we have the BIG 4 i wouldnt care. I hope we lock Rondo up for a lot of years.

I said it.

I tell you all one thing: Celtics right now have a big 4.:smoking:

JayW_1023
12-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Rondo is the best defensive PG in the East...and he has been on tear lately.

His improvement over last season may actually compensate for the loss of Posey. This Celtics team is playing very well.

AirJordanXVIII
12-07-2008, 01:21 PM
How in the world is this thread 16 pages....

All because a player got a triple double :pity:

carter15
12-07-2008, 01:25 PM
he has no shot..end of story.

CELTICS4LYFE
12-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Kids...:pity:

The big 3 can make any PG look good. On any other team he would be a bum. Chris Duhon had 22 assists in a game so that must make him elite as well... :laugh:

Derrick Rose is a 20 year old rookie PG and is already better than your "elite" Rondo.

did i say he was elite????

TheShowzOver
12-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Almost show time baby. Celtics vs. Pacers again in Indiana at 6 p.m. Getcha popcorn ready, tune that NBA TV or chill on Nba.com. Whatever you gotta do because Rondo is going to put on another show, you won't want to miss it. Guarantee

skyhibballpj87
12-07-2008, 03:51 PM

uhh you forgot a few what about deron williams, steve nash, id take harris over him too probably rose as well and what about baron davis,raymond felton, mo williams, not doubting rondos potential but he still isnt the greatest shooter and needs to up his free throw percentage. hes a good player and he does improve with every game no ones hating on him as you say were all just alittle skepitical still considering its 21 games into the season and there are guys who have played consistently good for over a few years. were not saying the guy sucks The word elite though thats stretching it alot. top 10 pg hes right there top 5 no way. rondo averages 10 7 and almost 5 which is really solid but doesnt make him elite. he will become one in time probably but to say hes there right now is crazy

TheShowzOver
12-07-2008, 04:13 PM
uhh you forgot a few what about deron williams, steve nash, id take harris over him too probably rose as well and what about baron davis,raymond felton, mo williams, not doubting rondos potential but he still isnt the greatest shooter and needs to up his free throw percentage. hes a good player and he does improve with every game no ones hating on him as you say were all just alittle skepitical still considering its 21 games into the season and there are guys who have played consistently good for over a few years. were not saying the guy sucks The word elite though thats stretching it alot. top 10 pg hes right there top 5 no way. rondo averages 10 7 and almost 5 which is really solid but doesnt make him elite. he will become one in time probably but to say hes there right now is crazy

Same old song and dance, i don't want to hear it. You all have been talking the same game for 16 pages now and none of it's true. The only fact in this whole thread is that Rajon Rondo is rising to the top of the greatest point guards in the league list, and quite frankly theres nothing you can say to deny it. The numbers are there, numbers don't lie

madiaz3
12-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Same old song and dance, i don't want to hear it. You all have been talking the same game for 16 pages now and none of it's true. The only fact in this whole thread is that Rajon Rondo is rising to the top of the greatest point guards in the league list, and quite frankly theres nothing you can say to deny it. The numbers are there, numbers don't lie

10 ppg and 7 assists, those numbers don't lie, he's slightly above average.

CHRISDODGERS
12-07-2008, 04:37 PM

Ugh...

he is good, not great, get over it... 10 pts, 4 rebs, and 7 asts is good not elite...

****, dude do you not take no for an answer??

skyhibballpj87
12-07-2008, 04:43 PM

yes i do have some questions
1. if rondo was on another team thats not doing so well like the clippers or wizards would they suddenly get better because rondo becomes their pg i dont think so.

2. say like a worse pg like steve blake or brevan knight, derek fisher you think the celtics suddenly would get worse i dont think so.

3. if rondo is a top 5 pg how come his stats are still mediocre i know a good portion of it is the big 3 but he should at least have 10 assists every game with guys like that on his team.

\if you put cp3 wit the big 3 yes his numbers would go down a bit but i bet if you put rondo on the hornets the hornets record and goes down the toilet and possibly wont make playoffs. cp3 makes his team better chandler wasnt doing anything before cp3 and david west has improved immensely.
you say rondo runs the team not the big 3 its true hes a pg so he controls the ball alot of the time. but the heart and soul of that killer is D is still and always will be KG. Chris Paul is not only noticed for his ridiclulous alley oops how bout the fact hes a threat to have 20 10 and 5 and 3 on any given night. even 20 and 20 5 and 3 rondo doesnt get those kind of numbers too often.

No one isnt giving rondo credit their just saying hes not elite which i agree with. and rondo would drop 40 50 if he touched the ball all the time cause he cant shoot. which is why there always leaving open for his jumper that he misses a good percentage of the the time. and chris paul, deron billups, parker, nash, rose harris these are guys who get to rim at will and shoot and can get the ball to their teammate at any point and time.

Rondo is a good pg no one is saying hes not but to say hes elite after 21 games and a finals series. is alittle ridiculous not like he won finals mvp if you stick another pg on the celtics in the finals there still wining the championship. IF the celtics repeat then rondo maybe considered a great pg until then people will always have their doubts. rondos finals stats : 9 6 and 3 and shot 37 percent from the field and 59 percent from the free throw line and pgs are usually good shooters and good from the line i guess rondo missed the message. hes good not great he will get there but not right now

CHRISDODGERS
12-07-2008, 04:55 PM
It looks like The Showz Ova for the showz ova...

:pity:

it's a shame really...

Draco
12-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Thought this was interesting.

East scout on the top three point guards in his conference

"Coming into the year I'd have said that [Jose] Calderon is the best true point guard of the group. Based on what we've seen so far, I'll say [Rajon] Rondo, then [Devin] Harris, then [Derrick] Rose. I've only seen Rose in person a couple times, but everything you've heard is true: He's pretty darn good already. But I'll put Harris just ahead of him; New Jersey's [new] style of play really works to his benefit.

"The thing about that [dribble-drive] offense is that when [Harris] gets the ball with a dribble handoff, he's at full speed … and he's already quick. So he's another step ahead of the defender who's playing catch-up. He's always been a pretty good aggressive driver, but he's been able to attack even more than he used to in Dallas. I don't think [Harris] has to think as much. He uses his instincts, looks to score first and is playing at a really high level."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

MooseWithFleas
12-07-2008, 05:12 PM
4 month ban for TSO :laugh2: Theads over. Lock it up.

rosesbulls
12-07-2008, 05:47 PM

Dam you got banned again I guess you got a break from excepting my challenge cause by the time your ban is over so will the basketball season :sigh: But I guess I'll just have to wait till you make another :bs: statement to get you to except the pink slip bet :sigh:

Faneik
12-07-2008, 06:41 PM
He got banned for 4 months...Ouch.

Cubs Win
12-07-2008, 06:56 PM
He got banned for 4 months...Ouch.

:laugh: I guess you can get banned for stupidity.

tonyd3b54
12-07-2008, 07:44 PM
[/B]

yes i do have some questions
1. if rondo was on another team thats not doing so well like the clippers or wizards would they suddenly get better because rondo becomes their pg i dont think so.

2. say like a worse pg like steve blake or brevan knight, derek fisher you think the celtics suddenly would get worse i dont think so.

3. if rondo is a top 5 pg how come his stats are still mediocre i know a good portion of it is the big 3 but he should at least have 10 assists every game with guys like that on his team.

\if you put cp3 wit the big 3 yes his numbers would go down a bit but i bet if you put rondo on the hornets the hornets record and goes down the toilet and possibly wont make playoffs. cp3 makes his team better chandler wasnt doing anything before cp3 and david west has improved immensely.
you say rondo runs the team not the big 3 its true hes a pg so he controls the ball alot of the time. but the heart and soul of that killer is D is still and always will be KG. Chris Paul is not only noticed for his ridiclulous alley oops how bout the fact hes a threat to have 20 10 and 5 and 3 on any given night. even 20 and 20 5 and 3 rondo doesnt get those kind of numbers too often.

No one isnt giving rondo credit their just saying hes not elite which i agree with. and rondo would drop 40 50 if he touched the ball all the time cause he cant shoot. which is why there always leaving open for his jumper that he misses a good percentage of the the time. and chris paul, deron billups, parker, nash, rose harris these are guys who get to rim at will and shoot and can get the ball to their teammate at any point and time.

Rondo is a good pg no one is saying hes not but to say hes elite after 21 games and a finals series. is alittle ridiculous not like he won finals mvp if you stick another pg on the celtics in the finals there still wining the championship. IF the celtics repeat then rondo maybe considered a great pg until then people will always have their doubts. rondos finals stats : 9 6 and 3 and shot 37 percent from the field and 59 percent from the free throw line and pgs are usually good shooters and good from the line i guess rondo missed the message. hes good not great he will get there but not right now

thats the thing they do get worse wen rondo comes out of the game... rondo keeps the pace of the game high and he makes the big 3s job so much easier...

MooseWithFleas
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
In the first half Rondo has 4 points 3 assists 2 boards and 2 turnovers, what a complete player. Absolute stud.

kvrnm
12-07-2008, 08:38 PM
In the first half Rondo has 4 points 3 assists 2 boards and 2 turnovers, what a complete player. Absolute stud.

way to pick apart ONE game... thats real big of you