PDA

View Full Version : Should the Rockets consider trading Tracy Mcgrady?

#1Mavericksfan
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
This is not baiting thread this is just a question....does anbody think the Rockets should consider trading Tracy Mcgrady for a player that's not injury prone?......we all know Yao and Artest are not going anywhere so that just leaves Mcgrady...so do anybody think they should consider trading him?

Rockets Fanatic
12-03-2008, 08:08 PM
thats Chauncey-Tayshaun Prince Deal is looking better everyday

NYMetros
12-03-2008, 08:13 PM
This is not baiting thread this is just a question....does anbody think the Rockets should consider trading Tracy Mcgrady for a player that's not injury prone?......we all know Yao and Artest are not going anywhere so that just leaves Mcgrady...so do anybody think they should consider trading him?

Absolutely. He's lost the desire to play IMO. He needs a change of scenery, badly. They should have traded him last year, honestly.

Spurred1
12-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Probably, but teams are really going to be reluctant to trade for a player with such an injury history.

JordansBulls
12-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Who would trade for him? Maybe Milwaukee would swap Redd for Mcgrady.

unwantedplayer
12-03-2008, 08:31 PM
I dont think anyone would trade for an injury prone player with T-Macs physical state.

Fury
12-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Who would trade for him? Maybe Milwaukee would swap Redd for Mcgrady.

but if u wud get redd u might as well not even make the trade mcgrady is more productive than Redd..plus redd shoots everytime he gets the ball mcgrady is better at getting ppl involved plus redd gets hurt as much as gilbet arenas

LD V2.0
12-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Yes I think they should. He's just not durable enough for that team. How can the Rockets ever expect to get a good flow or momentum going into the playoffs if they're always dealing with their top two players hurt?

KG2TB
12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Definitely. He can come to the Bulls and play next to Rose. Help yourself to Deng, BG, and Kirk. How does that sound ? You can take Hughes too if you want.

jimbobjarree
12-03-2008, 08:48 PM
they arent gunna get value for him, but maybe they should start thinking of their future

kntresistheheat
12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Right, Yao is a type player that will retire early and they need to think about their future and trade him now to the bulls would be a nice fit beacause rose is young and will take the load off of him and mcgrady wont have to do much of the slashing and dunking and the bulls will have to get a true center as well.

they arent gunna get value for him, but maybe they should start thinking of their future

SensandRaps
12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Definitely. He can come to the Bulls and play next to Rose. Help yourself to Deng, BG, and Kirk. How does that sound ? You can take Hughes too if you want.

wait so t-mac for deng,gordon and hinrich. im pretty sure a rockets fan would want this deal done now.

TMAC94
12-03-2008, 09:00 PM
rockets wont trade tmac, in 2 season i think the 2010 free agent season or whatever tmac has a 23 million dollar contract which will expire, he will either retire then ( most likely) or if we win a championship this year or next we will take a paycut and sign for like 10mil just too play with this team again, even if that we will have 13 mil on free agents which isnt too badd :D

rhino17
12-03-2008, 09:16 PM
The rockets winning percentage without tmac is like .300, so idk if they will trade him. I would wait to see if he can get healthy before they consider trading him. The guy I would try to get with McGrady would be Dirk

Nighthawk
12-03-2008, 09:25 PM

Rose
T-Mac
Nocioni
Gooden
Noah

I like that line up

IBleedPurple
12-03-2008, 09:26 PM
The rockets winning percentage without tmac is like .300, so idk if they will trade him. I would wait to see if he can get healthy before they consider trading him. The guy I would try to get with McGrady would be Dirk

True, but if he gets healthy, it is only temporary. That is a terrible winning % though. I think Dirk is on the decline as well.

Sox Appeal
12-03-2008, 09:27 PM

That deal wouldn't make any sense for the Rockets. They get Hinrich who would solve the need the have for a PG, Gordon is a solid scorer, but Deng is would be a deal killer for me if I'm the Rockets. He's been digressing each of the past 2 seasons, and the ridiculous contract he signed this summer, would make him almost worthless to other teams around the league. IMO.

Chronz
12-04-2008, 02:42 AM
Absolutely not, the team doesnt need him to win regular season games, they need him healthy for the playoffs and come playoff time Tmac is better than anyone you could trade him for. Remember how Shaq use to miss regular season time to be fresh and geared up for the playoffs, well thats Tmac now and thats also what Yao should be doing. No sense in going all out this early in the year.

You dont trade a guy who impacts the game in so many ways just because hes injury prone, atleast not until he proves incapable of playing in the playoffs.

mfb_lt1birdman
12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
You dont trade a guy who impacts the game in so many ways just because hes injury prone, atleast not until he proves incapable of playing in the playoffs.

What about how he has proven to be incapable of winning in the playoffs? :rimshot:

Don't get me wrong T-mac is a truly gifted player, potentially one of the best in league, but injuries and I believe a true passion to win have limited his success. There is just something off with the Rockets. They have the talent to beat anyone but it just has not materialized to squat. I would put him on the block to see what offers come. Try to surround Yao and Artest with good spot up SG, a better PG, and maybe some talented youth of the bench.

FOBolous
12-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Rose
T-Mac
Nocioni
Gooden
Noah

I like that line up

i like that lineup too. let's get the deal done and take Tmac off of our hands

imtheman17
12-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Just to everyone thinking that Gordon can be traded for T-Mac, he can't this year, because he signed a 1-year qualifying offer so he could hit FA early. But in terms of the Rockets trading T-Mac, it might not be a bad idea, the guy can play, but unfortunately he's injured too often

alexander_37
12-04-2008, 12:16 PM
i hate it when people question his passion and then say kobe has way more passion .....

kobe is a bigger bandwagoner than most lakers fans at the beginning of last season he is *****ing about how he wants a trade and then they play good and he shuts up

and you guys say t-mac has no passion stfu

no way we trade him he is too good

and saying he cannot win in the playoffs is ignorant he steps it up in the playoffs scoring 28 points per game which is 6 points above regular season average 6.2 assists a game which is 1 and half over his regular season average rebounds up blocks up

its his team that never steps up in the playoffs so yeahh .... /rant

JordansBulls
12-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Rose
T-Mac
Nocioni
Gooden
Noah

I like that line up

That team wouldn't go anywhere. If we are going to trade Deng, Gordon and Hinrich for any wing then we better be getting Lebron or Wade in return or Kobe. If it is not one of them then I would trade those 3 players for Danny Granger.

Rose
Thabo
Granger
Gooden
Noah

Is a much better future

Chronz
12-04-2008, 02:46 PM
What about how he has proven to be incapable of winning in the playoffs? :rimshot:

Don't get me wrong T-mac is a truly gifted player, potentially one of the best in league, but injuries and I believe a true passion to win have limited his success. There is just something off with the Rockets. They have the talent to beat anyone but it just has not materialized to squat. I would put him on the block to see what offers come. Try to surround Yao and Artest with good spot up SG, a better PG, and maybe some talented youth of the bench.

He has the passion, its just his demeanor. And the Rockets have always overachieved with him at the helm, if your talking about this year then whats missing is cohesion, I would trade Artest long before I trade Tmac, he could probably fetch more anyway.

Lakersfan2483
12-04-2008, 03:11 PM
My question is, who is going to want to take on T-Mac for the long term? He's a great player, but he's been injury-riddled for most of his career and he is approaching 30, I just don't see a "big time" player being traded for him.

MIKEBINNS
12-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm not a rockets fan only a celtic and bucks fan, but they shuldn't trade him right now, because he's good at the end of the season it's just the 20 games you have 2 dela with him missing or more, but they hsould hold on 2 the off season, because nobody relaly wants MAC and if they did they would give you draft picks, expiring contracts or solid role players, I mean unless you want 2 start over a bit and go at it in 2010-2011 season, but the rockets are going 4 it, becuase T-*****:) artest and yao aren't a great nucleus but a good one, I know Artest and Yao and a couple of role players can't win the title, I agree with certain scouts that say: Either you are a contender or really bad, being caught in the middle is the toguhest thing 2 do and Trading T-MAC this season in 2008-2009 would put you in that grey area,

astrosmaniac
12-04-2008, 05:39 PM
My question is, who is going to want to take on T-Mac for the long term? He's a great player, but he's been injury-riddled for most of his career and he is approaching 30, I just don't see a "big time" player being traded for him.

next year he will be a 23 million dollar expiring. they could pull the same type of deal the nuggets did with AI for Billups

fredv
12-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm sad rockets didn't trade him for Billups+Sheed or Billups+Prince like the Pistons offerd. Anyways, he will show up in the playoffs, look at his numbers.