PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to the 09 free agency

jimbobjarree
12-03-2008, 06:27 PM
if Booz, Memo and Korv opts out (slim chance all three do), do we explore the option of signing another player considering we will be roughly 21 million under the cap (correct me if I'm wrong)

heres a list, do we want any of these guys?

Marion
Iverson
Artest
Jermaine Oneil (PO)
Turkoglu
Rasheed
Kidd
Bibby
Andre Miller
Al Harrington (PO)
Ben Gordon
Marbury
Gooden

Best of the rest: Jamal Crawford (ETO), Zyrunas Ilgauskas (ETO), Anderson Varejao (PO), Eddy Curry (ETO), Trevor Ariza, Grant Hill, Kyle Korver (ETO), Desmond Mason, Joe Smith, Matt Barnes, Anthony Parker, Ricky Davis (PO), Chris Wilcox.

I think if we can get Gooden/Gordon/Harrington cheap then go for it. I like the idea of having Sheed or Marion, but I doubt they come. Crawford would be awesome if he opted out, and big Z. I wouldnt mind JO, but he would probably demand too much money, more than I would be willing to pay such an injury prone player.

We could sign someone, and then use bird rights to retain Memo, who will probably recieve the same money he's on now but for the long term, and hopefully Korver on (fingers crossed) a cheaper long term deal, maybe 16mil over 4 years or is that pushing it.

...still, Booz looks the best of the bunch, his max would start at roughly 15 mil, which IMO is too much for him, add to that the fact that it will rise to something like 22mil in the last year which I wouldnt pay such an old, injury prone player.

your guys thoughts?

futureman
12-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Keep Williams and Millsap. Dump everyone else.

jimbobjarree
12-05-2008, 09:18 PM
erm...koufos?

sportsnutzz
12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Keep Williams and Millsap. Dump everyone else.

;)

THE_FLASH_21
12-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Man we can get better... But we have our hands full with Money!!!