PDA

View Full Version : Trade Partners

RelaxedFan
12-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Who could Houston mesh with for a BIG DEAL? I'm talking multiple players. This does not include San Diego (anything big with them takes a third team)

No Order:
1) Indians -> closer and 3b wholes
2) Tigers -> closer, ss and maybe 3B
3) Minnesota -> ss and 3b (I like this team because Ty and Miggy) both fill their needs and their payrole (1 yr rentals)

What does everyone else think?

Crzycjunx76
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Add
TB- DH, COF, CL
LAA- LF
LAD- 2b, 3b, SS
NYM- LF, 2b, CL
SF- CL, 3B
ARI- 2B

Just to name a few

Jermster
12-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Who could Houston mesh with for a BIG DEAL? I'm talking multiple players. This does not include San Diego (anything big with them takes a third team)

No Order:
1) Indians -> closer and 3b wholes
2) Tigers -> closer, ss and maybe 3B
3) Minnesota -> ss and 3b (I like this team because Ty and Miggy) both fill their needs and their payrole (1 yr rentals)

What does everyone else think?

The Twins probably won't take Miguel Tejada's $13 Million left.

Crzycjunx76
12-04-2008, 12:18 AM
We would have to be willing to trade Tejada and eat somewhere between 4-7 million of his deal... but if we get a young player who makes under 1 mil we are still coming out ahead in payroll... and upside of course.

Honestly most teams would probably be looking at Miguel as a second or third basemen because he is somewhat of a defensive liability at short.

lawphin2
12-05-2008, 02:08 AM
We would have to be willing to trade Tejada and eat somewhere between 4-7 million of his deal... but if we get a young player who makes under 1 mil we are still coming out ahead in payroll... and upside of course.

Honestly most teams would probably be looking at Miguel as a second or third basemen because he is somewhat of a defensive liability at short.

Tejada or Wigginton to the dodgers for (any pitching prospect they're willing to give up)

lynchgagne
12-06-2008, 06:51 AM
just a thought im a dodger fan what would u astros fans think of this trade proposal

hu,broxton, and xavier paul

for

wigginton and valverde

native_astro
12-06-2008, 12:52 PM
just a thought im a dodger fan what would u astros fans think of this trade proposal

for

wigginton and valverde

That's a pretty solid offer if you ask me, but I think the Astros would probably want James Mcdonald or Scott Elbert over Xavier Paul. Hu and Broxton would definitely help the Astros reduce payroll if that is what they intend on doing.

astros1981
12-06-2008, 01:59 PM
How is this for an idea.

Trade Backe, Wandy and Valverde and Norris to the Rangers for :OF David Murphy OF Steven Murphy(AA/tremendous power) and Salty

Trade Salty, Bourn, S.Murphy, Bogusevic to the Padres for Jake Peavy.

Lineup: Pence, Murphy, Berkman, Lee, Tejada, TY/Johnson(AAA), Matsui and Towles/ Q
Rotation: Roy, Peavy, Hampton, Moehler, Arias/Sampson

Thoughts???????

laxtonto
12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
How is this for an idea.

Trade Backe, Wandy and Valverde and Norris to the Rangers for :OF David Murphy OF Steven Murphy(AA/tremendous power) and Salty

Lineup: Pence, Murphy, Berkman, Lee, Tejada, TY/Johnson(AAA), Matsui and Towles/ Q

Thoughts???????

Texas would probably say no, and so would the Padres

Backe has no value, Norris is now considered a very nice relief prospect so that really hurts his value. Steven Murphy is at best a top 40 guy in the Ranger's organization.

Wandy and Valverede for David Murphy aka Hunter Pence, and Salamtachia? I think Texas would balk at the idea of dealing two guys that they control for the next 4 or 5 years for a closer they don't need and is a FA next year and a SP that is well past the "young emerging starter" stage. I guess it depends if Texas has a deal in place to flip Valaverde or Wandy. But with the saturated Closer market driving down Valverde's worth, Texas could probably get better value from Salty and d. Murphy than Valavere and Wandy.

As far as the Padres deal goes, Bourn and Bogusevic are essentially the same player, Salty would be a nice upgrade for them and Steven Murphy and his poor OBP would not make the Padres top 20-25 prospects.

The Padres never received a SP or middle infielder and gained 3 OF's?

To try to make this work...

I would exchange S. Murphy with J. Vallejo to start with. Made a shot like Valverde, Norris and C. Johnson for D. Murphy, Omar Poveda and Vallejo.

Then deal Pence/Murphy, Poveda, Bougesvic(if they wanted him, or insert C+ level prospect), Vallejo, Towels and Wandy to SD for Peavy

Lineup: (CF?), Pence/Murphy, Berkman, Lee, Tejada, TY/, Matsui and Zaun/Q

But no closer..... And we lost our cheap cost controlled guys and gained payroll, which the team has already stated we cannot do.

lawphin2
12-06-2008, 06:46 PM

for

wigginton and valverde

i like it but i agree with native, probably needs to be another pitcher instead of paul

UnWantedTheory
12-06-2008, 11:29 PM
How is this for an idea.

Thoughts???????

All I have to say is....huh?

astros1981
12-07-2008, 03:05 AM
All I have to say is....huh?

If thats all you had to say then you should not have wasted your time:shush: