PDA

View Full Version : If the Cavs decide to trade Lebron...

BTownTeamsRKing
12-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Since the Cavs are going to lose him for nothng to the knicks or nets, maybe they should open the bidding now and see wat they can get.

so my question is, who would you give up from favorite team to get Lebron? you can include picks as well.

try to make the offers something a cavs fan would actually think of accepting.

i know its unlikely they will deal him, but they should think about it since they will lose their biggest asset in their history and get nothing in return.

barreleffact
12-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Odom, Gasol, and our next 4 picks for him....but this is pointless... Bron isnt gonna get traded, and for all anyone knows he may even stay in cleveland in 2010. who is to say the man doesnt get injured before then anyway??? not tryna jynx him but cmon...this is sooooo premature. its more annoying than all the kobe or bynum or even AI threads

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Since the Cavs are going to lose him for nothng to the knicks or nets, maybe they should open the bidding now and see wat they can get.

so my question is, who would you give up from favorite team to get Lebron? you can include picks as well.

try to make the offers something a cavs fan would actually think of accepting.

i know its unlikely they will deal him, but they should think about it since they will lose their biggest asset in their history and get nothing in return.

Portland could offer the best package around Roy, or Aldridge, while keeping enough talent to stay competitive

LeBrowns
12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
absolutely pointless thread...I like how you know LeBron is "guaranteed" to leave Cleveland.

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 10:51 AM
absolutely pointless thread...I like how you know LeBron is "guaranteed" to leave Cleveland.

Look man it's not pointless, I'm a diehard clevlend sports fan.

It seems like you are too, you really think this isnt a big possibility?

I say its 75% he leaves IF they don't win a title in the next two years.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Portland could offer the best package around Roy, or Aldridge, while keeping enough talent to stay competitive

i believe portland could get him with the amount of young talent on the roster.

maybe Roy, Aldridge, and Rudy Fernandez. or just Roy and Oden? portland would have one heck of an offer

BTownTeamsRKing
12-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Look man it's not pointless, I'm a diehard clevlend sports fan.

It seems like you are too, you really think this isnt a big possibility?

I say its 75% he leaves IF they don't win a title in the next two years.

i actually feel bad for u guys bc Lebron treats u guys worse than Manny treated Boston. Lebron goes around wearing NY hats, putten out special new york edition sneakers, and then to top it off he proclaims that in 2 years that summer day will be the biggest day of his life.

im glad to see someone thinks into the future of the team and isnt a lebron slave. its a real possibility he will leave u guys and then wat?

JordansBulls
12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Lebron leaving Cleveland is like when Kobe said he was leaving LA. It was a ploy to get more help and for his teammates to step up. You see how Cleveland stepped it up now?

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Lebron leaving Cleveland is like when Kobe said he was leaving LA. It was a ploy to get more help and for his teammates to step up. You see how Cleveland stepped it up now?

This is ture, but lets say they come up short, this year and next, and there is a great situation in another team.

If lebron cares about winning above all else how can he say no to Portland?

If he cares about being an Icon, how can he say no to a bigger market?

Has he ever showed he cared more about loyalty then these things?

If he cares about a mix of the above he'll go to the best situation or stay.

infamous
12-03-2008, 11:22 AM

Bingo! Look at the Lakers now and before Kobe demanded a trade. Lebron is just trying to make the cavs more competitive and hungry. He is just stating to the management that he wants to win now. There is no way he will leave the cavs in 2010, threads about that are pointless right now. The cavs are poised to win it all, especially if they will add another piece.

Dmagic87
12-03-2008, 11:27 AM

Cause cleveland blows.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Man this is getting so annoying. Knicks suck, Nets suck, why would he go to a worse team with a worse chance of winning a title. Yeah, Lebron's going to sign with a team with nobody else on it, that would be the same as him being on the cavs before they got Larry Hughes, although he was a bust.

Who will be left on the payroll, Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, Gallinari. Add Lebron to that and they might not finish last in their division.

The Nets will have a 33 year old VC, probably a re-signed Devin Harris giving them less money, and Yi and Brook Lopez and a bunch of nobodies, not winning any titles in Jersey.

Why do you all think you are just entitled to him? The Knicks are just dooming themselves for another decade of terrible basketball by getting rid of anyone decent they have. In the meantime, the Cavs improve every year, have already been to the finals once, and almost 2 years in a row if it wasn't for the celtics assembling one of the best big 3 ever. You guys need something else to do with your lives. You have the best team in football right now, regardless of what Plax did, theyre probably better off without him anyways. Talk about the G-men. I'd really rather hear about the Yankees signing everybody in free agency right now than this crap about Lebron.

cmstophe
12-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Another 2010 thread?

Another guy who thinks he can see the future and knows LeBron is leaving?

Why do you guys even respond to this?

NYKnickFanatic
12-03-2008, 11:33 AM
LeBron will not get traded. :pity:

NYKnickFanatic
Another 2010 thread?

Another guy who thinks he can see the future and knows LeBron is leaving?

Why do you guys even respond to this?

Why did you? :)

infamous
This is ture, but lets say they come up short, this year and next, and there is a great situation in another team.

If lebron cares about winning above all else how can he say no to Portland?

If he cares about being an Icon, how can he say no to a bigger market?

Has he ever showed he cared more about loyalty then these things?

If he cares about a mix of the above he'll go to the best situation or stay.

If the cavs comes up short they still have a chance to be a top contender in the league, and a chance to add other big star in 2010 besides Lebron, while retaining the important pieces.

Other teams that are chasing over lebron are rebuilding teams. Do you think if he cares about winning that much that he will sign with the Knicks? I mean look at them now. I'm sure they will pursue James in 2010, but at what expense? what can they offer to entice lebron that they will be contender? They don't have a legitimate team in that time. They will put an offer to lebron and an offer also to other stars. It's not like they will sign Amare first and say "OMG Lebron we got Amare! sign with us!". Lebron will be their top priority.

Lebron alone is a big market. Teams doesn't make Lebron James. Lebron James make the team.

I don't know why you question lebron's loyalty when he have stayed loyal to the cavs all these years. He plays hard every game etc., and never complains.

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Bingo! Look at the Lakers now and before Kobe demanded a trade. Lebron is just trying to make the cavs more competitive and hungry. He is just stating to the management that he wants to win now. There is no way he will leave the cavs in 2010, threads about that are pointless right now. The cavs are poised to win it all, especially if they will add another piece.

I'm a Cavs fan and this is just naive thinking, very naive. Think he's staying, sure. Hope he's sataying? of course. But to elimate the chance??? :pity:

Dmagic87
12-03-2008, 11:34 AM

This is a different situation. LA is a big market. The lakers are a team people actually care about. And, Kobe already won with the lakers with Shaq and wants to do so without him. Lebron and Cleveland are not like that. If NY, Boston, LA, or Chi-town drafted Lebron he might stay or say he was leaving to rebuild the roster. But he does not want to stay in Cleveland. Lebron has a chance to be the best player ever, why not be the hero of NYC? That isn't even including all the extra money he will be making.

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 11:39 AM
If the cavs comes up short they still have a chance to be a top contender in the league, and a chance to add other big star in 2010 besides Lebron, while retaining the important pieces.

Other teams that are chasing over lebron are rebuilding teams. Do you think if he cares about winning that much that he will sign with the Knicks? I mean look at them now. I'm sure they will pursue James in 2010, but at what expense? what can they offer to entice lebron that they will be contender? They don't have a legitimate team in that time. They will put an offer to lebron and an offer also to other stars. It's not like they will sign Amare first and say "OMG Lebron we got Amare! sign with us!". Lebron will be their top priority.

Lebron alone is a big market. Teams doesn't make Lebron James. Lebron James make the team.

I don't know why you question lebron's loyalty when he he have stayed loyal to the cavs all these years. He plays hard every game etc and never complains.

I don't question his loyalty,

I am a Clevlend Sports fan. I know missery.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey, I live in Chicago, that's a big enough market. So I guess Lebron is destined to come to Chicago for that reason alone, huh.

Wade_County
12-03-2008, 11:41 AM

+1....i dont know why you would trade him, since hes going to be in cleveland till he cant play anymore. Hes not going anywhere, lol.....

only thing cleveland fans need to worry about is how many championships they can win with his supporting cast.

infamous
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm a Cavs fan and this is just naive thinking, very naive. Think he's staying, sure. Hope he's sataying? of course. But to elimate the chance??? :pity:

Why is it naive thinking? Because I have faith in Lebron James staying doesn't mean im naive. A cavs fan? Im having a hard time believing that, If you are a true cavs fan then support the team and stop speculating and worrying. It's 2 years from now. Support the team and stop feeding the rumors. They are playing great basketball and that all that matters - for a true fan that is.

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey, I live in Chicago, that's a big enough market. So I guess Lebron is destined to come to Chicago for that reason alone, huh.

Don't minamlize it. That is a pointless post.

No one is saying that Lebron is going to go to the biggest market.

No one is saying Lebron will leave for sure.

The one thing that is for Sure is that Lebron James is going to do what is best for Lebron James. Not what is best for the city of Clevland, Not what is best for the NBA, not what is best for you or me.

Lebron James has the chance to establish himself as the best ever, he can do that in any NBA city, but not without mulitple championships.

In 2010 Lebron will do whats best for Lebron. If thats stay in Clevland, he will, If its go to a huge market in New York he will, if its go to a small market like Portland thats what he will do.

cmstophe
12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
This is a different situation. LA is a big market. The lakers are a team people actually care about. And, Kobe already won with the lakers with Shaq and wants to do so without him. Lebron and Cleveland are not like that. If NY, Boston, LA, or Chi-town drafted Lebron he might stay or say he was leaving to rebuild the roster. But he does not want to stay in Cleveland. Lebron has a chance to be the best player ever, why not be the hero of NYC? That isn't even including all the extra money he will be making.

Why not be the hero of Cleveland? Who haven't won a championship since '64? They'd build a statue of him in Cleveland, guaranteed. Newsflash: The Knicks suck. Their history is barely any more storied than that of the Cavaliers. They aren't the Yankees.

It's so ignorant "people actually CARE about the Lakers so this is different". So stupid...what does that even mean? "People actually care"?

Just an FYI for all you people who think LeBron is gone, remember this:

1) Lebron is a tease. Always has been. Go look up some articles from when he was going to sign with a shoe company. He wore Adidas stuff when he went and talked to them, and Nike stuff when he went to them, and tailored all his answers to tickle the fancy of whoever he was talking to.

2) Lebron is a star who apparently wants to be "different". People close to him have said if everyone "expects him to go to New York, that is the last thing he will do".

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Why is it naive thinking? Because I have faith in Lebron James staying doesn't mean im naive. A cavs fan? Im having a hard time believing that, If you are a true cavs fan then support the team and stop speculating and worrying. It's 2 years from now. Support the team and stop feeding the rumors. They are playing great basketball and that all that matters - for a true fan that is.

I'm enjoying this season, but I'm not puting blind faith into an athlete motivated by money fame and power.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Sorry Doc, I was just mocking the post by by Dmagic above where he is saying that Lebron would want to be the Hero of NYC. He also said that Lebron does not want to stay in Cleveland. I was wondering where I could see the link to where Lebron actually said that.

cmstophe
12-03-2008, 11:50 AM
And there are about 3 Cavs topics on the front page and all are about LeBron "guaranteed" to leave Cleveland in 2010 and go to New York.

Can somebody please tell me why this is? I'm not a Cavs fan but I love LeBron James, he is my favorite player, and I can't believe how good the Cavs are doing yet all people talk about is him leaving Cleveland. Why is nobody talking about the inevitable Boston vs Cleveland ECF? Or talking about how the Cavs are off to such a great start?

infamous
12-03-2008, 11:54 AM
And there are about 3 Cavs topics on the front page and all are about LeBron "guaranteed" to leave Cleveland in 2010 and go to New York.

Can somebody please tell me why this is? I'm not a Cavs fan but I love LeBron James, he is my favorite player, and I can't believe how good the Cavs are doing yet all people talk about is him leaving Cleveland. Why is nobody talking about the inevitable Boston vs Cleveland ECF? Or talking about how the Cavs are off to such a great start?

Because everybody wants Lebron James in their team.

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Sorry Doc, I was just mocking the post by by Dmagic above where he is saying that Lebron would want to be the Hero of NYC. He also said that Lebron does not want to stay in Cleveland. I was wondering where I could see the link to where Lebron actually said that.

It's all good man, I understand your post better now, my bad for jumping on it.

People belive what they want, I belive Lebron has no idea where he'll go and wont untill somtime in 2010.

zamudio_jorge
12-03-2008, 12:23 PM
lebron leaving cleveland is like when kobe said he was leaving la. It was a ploy to get more help and for his teammates to step up. You see how cleveland stepped it up now?

the diference is cleveland is not la

cmstophe
12-03-2008, 12:28 PM
the diference is cleveland is not la

Yet LeBron James is still an even bigger star than Kobe Bryant playing in "little Cleveland".

Thanks for proving a point!

youdamanlbj
12-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Hmmm, there is only one scenario in which I would trade Lebron. Chicago needs to build a time machine and trade us the entire "96" Bulls team in their prime...Other than that, he has to walk away from us, we are not sending him packing. Im just enjoying watching however long he is here. Besides, Danny Ferry's life would most likely be put in jeapordy if he traded Lebron. In a dream world he stays here and convinces Bosh to sign here too!

Gibby23
12-03-2008, 12:34 PM

Not really, Kobe was in a Bigmarket and at that time he wanted the Lakers to be his team and not Shaq's team, he got his wish and did his thing for 3 years and now he has a team again. The second time they were ready to trade him to the Bulls but Kobe wouldn't say yes to the deal.

Lebron has been the main guy since day 1 and he is ready to share the spotlight, but he also wants to make the most money possible outside of basketball and being in NY would help him do that. I think the Cavs can and will make a move this year to get 1 more piece by trading Walley.

Dmagic87
12-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Why not be the hero of Cleveland? Who haven't won a championship since '64? They'd build a statue of him in Cleveland, guaranteed. Newsflash: The Knicks suck. Their history is barely any more storied than that of the Cavaliers. They aren't the Yankees.

It's so ignorant "people actually CARE about the Lakers so this is different". So stupid...what does that even mean? "People actually care"?

Just an FYI for all you people who think LeBron is gone, remember this:

1) Lebron is a tease. Always has been. Go look up some articles from when he was going to sign with a shoe company. He wore Adidas stuff when he went and talked to them, and Nike stuff when he went to them, and tailored all his answers to tickle the fancy of whoever he was talking to.

2) Lebron is a star who apparently wants to be "different". People close to him have said if everyone "expects him to go to New York, that is the last thing he will do".

HAHA who is ignorant now? You don't know what I mean when I say teams that people actually care about? Just turn on ESPN. I am talking about teams like the Cowboys, Yankees, Sox, etc. The knicks are the most talked about nba team in league. They are by far the worst team in the league right now (imo) and yet everyday they are the most talked about team. Why? Because people care. Because the market is huge. No one ever talks about Cleveland even when they are the second best team i the east. Money talks. Are you trying to tell me Lebron won't make significantly more money in NY than Cleveland? I mean that is what it is all about for him right? He wants to win. We can now afford to get him with a Bosh or Amare, hell even Wade. Does that sound like a better team than your pathetic supporting cast in cleveland? The ONLY reason why your team is not in the lottery is because of Lebron. The guy can carry a team on his shoulders. I don't need to say anything. When he leaves your team then you will see what I am talking about.

Gibby23
12-03-2008, 01:11 PM
HAHA who is ignorant now? You don't know what I mean when I say teams that people actually care about? Just turn on ESPN. I am talking about teams like the Cowboys, Yankees, Sox, etc. The knicks are the most talked about nba team in league. They are by far the worst team in the league right now (imo) and yet everyday they are the most talked about team. Why? Because people care. Because the market is huge. No one ever talks about Cleveland even when they are the second best team i the east. Money talks. Are you trying to tell me Lebron won't make significantly more money in NY than Cleveland? I mean that is what it is all about for him right? He wants to win. We can now afford to get him with a Bosh or Amare, hell even Wade. Does that sound like a better team than your pathetic supporting cast in cleveland? The ONLY reason why your team is not in the lottery is because of Lebron. The guy can carry a team on his shoulders. I don't need to say anything. When he leaves your team then you will see what I am talking about.
I think they talk about the Knicks a lot because of all of the stupid moves they have been making over the last couple of years, I think they do it to get a good laugh. Now they talk about them because they are trading everything away in hopes of getting a big name in 2010, if they don't people will start to laugh again.

cmstophe
12-03-2008, 01:12 PM

The funniest part about your stupidity is assuming I'm a Cavs fan.

I see you're a New York fan so it's pointless to argue with you. You are deluted by ESPN who is as big of New York fans as you are.

Did you know Cleveland can afford to get Bosh, Wade, or Amare too in 2010? Just wondering.

BTW enjoy having two stars on your team (if you're even that lucky) and NOBODY else and then tearing LeBron apart as a choker when he never wins a championship in NY. hahahhahaha

Sorry but your Knicks are GAAAAARBAGE and have been for a bit. It's true. Nobody cares about he Knicks. Just because ESPN is on your side means nothing. Let me say again: KNICKS SUCK. Who would want to play for the Knicks? Look at how terribly they mishandled the Marbury situation. Hilarious. D'Antoni's offense is...well, it's all about offense. Nothing else. They will never win with him as coach.

You need to see the writing on the wall. Don't get your hopes up too much. But if you do, and you get burned (Most likely) I will be the one laughing along with everyone else who doesnt give a crap about the NY Knickerbockers. lmao

jeffvdone
12-03-2008, 01:28 PM
First off I doubt the Cavaliers would trade LeBron. If they did they wouldnt go through with it unless they get back a superstar. Its all about selling tickets, if LeBron leaves so do the sellout crowds. I highly doubt bring Gasol, or Brandon Roy would sellout the Q. The Cavs would have to get a Wade or Pierce etc.... It would have to be somebody worth while.

Hawkize31
12-03-2008, 01:35 PM

maybe Roy, Aldridge, and Rudy Fernandez. or just Roy and Oden? portland would have one heck of an offer

Imagine if Portland could hold onto Oden. Lebron + Oden in 3 years could be absolutely insane.

ugottabjoshinme
12-03-2008, 01:36 PM

HAHA the only ignorant one is you because you think people care about the knicks, cowboys, yankees, and red sox because they are on espn. Those are some of the most hated franchises outside of their respective cities

Dmagic87
12-03-2008, 01:37 PM
The funniest part about your stupidity is assuming I'm a Cavs fan.

I see you're a New York fan so it's pointless to argue with you. You are deluted by ESPN who is as big of New York fans as you are.

Did you know Cleveland can afford to get Bosh, Wade, or Amare too in 2010? Just wondering.

BTW enjoy having two stars on your team (if you're even that lucky) and NOBODY else and then tearing LeBron apart as a choker when he never wins a championship in NY. hahahhahaha

Sorry but your Knicks are GAAAAARBAGE and have been for a bit. It's true. Nobody cares about he Knicks. Just because ESPN is on your side means nothing. Let me say again: KNICKS SUCK. Who would want to play for the Knicks? Look at how terribly they mishandled the Marbury situation. Hilarious. D'Antoni's offense is...well, it's all about offense. Nothing else. They will never win with him as coach.

You need to see the writing on the wall. Don't get your hopes up too much. But if you do, and you get burned (Most likely) I will be the one laughing along with everyone else who doesnt give a crap about the NY Knickerbockers. lmao

Lol a lot of teams can afford a Bosh or Wade, but are they going to get them? No. Look I am not saying Lebron will def come to NY. But I can guarantee this, in 2010, NY will be a better team than Cleveland. With or without lebron.

cmstophe
12-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Lol a lot of teams can afford a Bosh or Wade, but are they going to get them? No. Look I am not saying Lebron will def come to NY. But I can guarantee this, in 2010, NY will be a better team than Cleveland. With or without lebron.

HIGHLY doubtful, but that is something we can agree to disagree on. I thought you were saying it's a done deal and Lebron is in NY when that just isnt the case. I agree a lot of teams can sign Bosh, Amare, etc and that doesn't mean they will get them but it gives Lebron a reason to STAY. Just because NY can sign one, well Cleveland can too...so why would he leave that comfort zone when it'd just be the same thing?

I dont know how you plan on NY getting better than the Cavaliers in 2010 but...okay. The only way is if they sign another star, and that isnt even a sure thing. Why don't eople realize these stars almost always stay with their own teams?

cmstophe
12-03-2008, 01:47 PM
HAHA the only ignorant one is you because you think people care about the knicks, cowboys, yankees, and red sox because they are on espn. Those are some of the most hated franchises outside of their respective cities

THIS IS MY POINT.

People think because it is plastered on ESPN that people care. No. They dont. Outside of those fanbases, as you say, these teams are literally hated. And nobody wants to hear about them.

jnb58
12-03-2008, 01:52 PM

I think he stays in Cleveland but I also think that a trade with Portland is probably the most likely of any trade scenario.

You are crazy if you think Portland would trade two of their 3 future stars. The Blazers understand that James is a flight risk no matter who they put around him. Also Oden goes nowhere.

The Blazer backups are starters on other teams including Cleveland (especially Eastern teams).

A fair trade package would be:
-Roy

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1966~796~2754~454~2015~3027&teams=22~22~5~5~5~5&te=&cash=

-Aldridge

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1966~796~2983~3204~454~2795&teams=22~22~5~5~5~5&te=&cash=

(+ 2 unprotected number 1 picks and Outlaw/Webster are interchangable)

The reason this is fair is because LeBron isn't guaranteed to stay. The Blazers will not mortgage their entire future on anyone.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2008, 01:52 PM
LeBron only makes $15 million, so there is nothing they can get that would be near the value. But to play along, I will give you Al Jefferson, Randy Foye, and Craig Smith, plus 2 #1 picks

Gibby23
12-03-2008, 02:10 PM
LeBron only makes $15 million, so there is nothing they can get that would be near the value. But to play along, I will give you Al Jefferson, Randy Foye, and Craig Smith, plus 2 #1 picks

If they trade Walley with him and Make the team take on Big bens contract they can.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2008, 02:18 PM
If they trade Walley with him and Make the team take on Big bens contract they can.

true.

Gibby23
12-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Say if they do try and trade him, doesn't the other team involved face the same risk of losing him in 2010. So, what is the reward for gutting your team for a year and a half and in 2010 they might be worse off.

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Say if they do try and trade him, doesn't the other team involved face the same risk of losing him in 2010. So, what is the reward for gutting your team for a year and a half and in 2010 they might be worse off.

Unless its a team that feels it can win a ring right away by adding lebron, you always sacrafice the future if it leads to a ring.

Mimai traded Butler and Odom for Shaq, got a ring.

Boston traded thier whole young core for KG and Shaq got a ring.

daleja424
12-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Marion, Beasley, Haslem, 2 first rounders

Sixerlover
12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
The Sixers have no offer for him.

But GM's would just go crazy if this ever became a possibility.

TheShock45
12-03-2008, 02:42 PM
if i were lebron i would ask to get traded for the best talent in the nba and then go back and sign with the cavs just so he would have a championship contender in his hometown in 2010

TheShock45
12-03-2008, 02:42 PM
The Sixers have no offer for him.

But GM's would just go crazy if this ever became a possibility.

the offer would be everything but thad and elton plus 3 first rounders

it wouldnt work but it still be an offer

Gibby23
12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Unless its a team that feels it can win a ring right away by adding lebron, you always sacrafice the future if it leads to a ring.

Mimai traded Butler and Odom for Shaq, got a ring.

Boston traded thier whole young core for KG and Shaq got a ring.

Yeah but Miami gave Shaq the Contract extension he wanted and boston gave KG a new contract and when Ray Allen expires he will be like 35 or 36 and replacable. The point is that those teams gave the incoming star player a new contract and I don't think LBJ want's to talk extension because he wants to test the market.

dannyy08
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I feel that for Bron to get traded he would have to be traded to a big market team. That is the whole argument of him leaving Cleveland. So it doesn't really matter who can make the best offer because he would not stay there anyways. The only way a team will trade for him is if he signs and extends his contract. Why would he leave Cleveland for Portland? Now that does not make sense. But will he in fact leave? You can bet your first born about it. For all those who say that it is not for sure, so this thread is pointless is in denial. For your sake as a loyal fan I hope he does but it sure looks extremely unlikely. I say they should trade them to a team that he wants to be with and just get this whole thing over with.

Go check out Mitch Hedberg clips . . . a hilarious comedian. You will die laughing.

zipsbgsu
12-03-2008, 02:56 PM
How could leaving Cleveland be a better situation? If he goes to New York or to the Nets they would not have anything else. He would have to start the rebuilding process over. I used to go to school with Lebron, I am not a friend of his, but to his defense he has always like the Yankees. So since he liks them that means that we wants to play there. He also loves the Cowboys, does that mean that the Mavs are going to sign him. NO! He also was a Bulls fan, because he likes Jordan. In turn he did wear Cavs shirts to school once in a while. His family is there, his huge house is there and his friends are there.....In northeastern OHIO. Not Dallas, Not New York.

Oh yeah what everyone is forgetting is that Cleveland will also have alot of cap space that same summer. With the Larry Bird rule the Cavs can go way over the cap if they sign their own free agents. So what that means is they are in position to sign TWO big name players that summer as long as they sign the other one first. BOSH, WADE, MELO then Lebron. Which of those three would not want to go to a team that has some peices already there and oh by the way Lebron will be there too.

Sixerlover
12-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Melo isn't a FA that year. Amare is though

Gibby23
12-03-2008, 03:00 PM
How could leaving Cleveland be a better situation? If he goes to New York or to the Nets they would not have anything else. He would have to start the rebuilding process over. I used to go to school with Lebron, I am not a friend of his, but to his defense he has always like the Yankees. So since he liks them that means that we wants to play there. He also loves the Cowboys, does that mean that the Mavs are going to sign him. NO! He also was a Bulls fan, because he likes Jordan. In turn he did wear Cavs shirts to school once in a while. His family is there, his huge house is there and his friends are there.....In northeastern OHIO. Not Dallas, Not New York.

Oh yeah what everyone is forgetting is that Cleveland will also have alot of cap space that same summer. With the Larry Bird rule the Cavs can go way over the cap if they sign their own free agents. So what that means is they are in position to sign TWO big name players that summer as long as they sign the other one first. BOSH, WADE, MELO then Lebron. Which of those three would not want to go to a team that has some peices already there and oh by the way Lebron will be there too.
Not true, the Larry Bird exception allows teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign their own free agents, at an amount up to the maximum salary. So they can still give him the Maximum. The onlt thing they can do that other teams can't is give him a 6th year.

zipsbgsu
12-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Gibby23

You are correct but you get the idea. Cleveland is the best spot for him.

FortyDubs
12-03-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll give you Stephen Jackson for Bron. Deal? Fine, We'll throw in Belinelli too.

philab
12-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I think he stays in Cleveland but I also think that a trade with Portland is probably the most likely of any trade scenario.

You are crazy if you think Portland would trade two of their 3 future stars. The Blazers understand that James is a flight risk no matter who they put around him. Also Oden goes nowhere.

I think the Blazers would be willing to give up Roy, Aldridge, and Fernandez if they knew they could keep LeBron (i.e., sign and trade).

Now, the likelihood of LeBron signing with Portland is a whole 'nother matter.

But if you're Portland and you had the chance to lock up LeBron for 5/6 years (forgetting for now how likely this actually is), wouldn't you give up Roy, Aldridge, and Fernandez? Remember to take into account the extraordinary number of teams positioning themselves for a run at LeBron in 2010. If you're the Blazers and you can get around all that hassle, that package isn't looking so bad.

Also, if LeBron were really up for grabs in a trade, the demand would be like nothing in sports history. Demand drives up price.

Again, this is assuming a sign and trade. Without a sign and trade, teams are just jockeying for 3-4 months of LeBron and the opportunity to offer the biggest contract.

philab
12-03-2008, 09:57 PM

I love this fallacy that every player wants to play in NY or LA. If every player really wanted to play in those cities, why wouldn't they be bringing in the biggest names every year?

A big market might appeal to LeBron -- I'm not really arguing that.

Time after time, though, we see guys stay in smaller markets and everyone is surprised. There are a lot of factors besides simply the size of the city. Look at how long Garnett stayed in ****ing Minneanapolis-St. Paul. It was only the unparalleled incompetence of that franchise that drove him off. And Garnett isn't from Minnesota or anything.

Again, this doesn't have much to do with LeBron. I'm just reacting to this idea that players only want to play in NY or LA and anything less is a disappointment.

Look at CC Sabathia turning down the biggest contract for a pitcher in MLB history. Anyone that thinks CC not signing with the Yankees so far isn't a gigantic slap in the face is kidding themselves. It's obvious he doesn't want to play there, though, all others things being equal. Money might land him there, but I guarantee you if SF offered $140MM, he'd have signed right away. Oh, and CC was caught wearing a Yankees hat, too. :D

Lebron23
12-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Cavs will never trade LeBron. He's the best player in the NBA, and he have a better upside than Howard, Paul and Wade.

droalex
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Bulls

Rose/Deng/Thomas/Nocoini/Picks For James ^_^

Hustla23
12-03-2008, 10:49 PM
If I were the Knicks, I'd give up our first round pick for the next 100 years.

Ansy
12-03-2008, 11:11 PM
I read somewhere that Nike was offering him some absurd amount of money (Like $100mil)to move to either LA or NY. Since the Nets are behind on their move to Brooklyn they're out of the race, so that's two teams that LeBron could get that absurd bonus at.

Any other team trading for him has to worry that he'll bolt for that absurd Nike bonus. LA might be able to swing him for a package centered around Bynum. I say Bynum because Cleveland would rather get an extra 2 years out of LeBron and try to win a title in that window than try and rebuild around older guys like Pau and Odom, so it would have to be the 20-year-old star.

Am I misinformed about that Nike bonus? I'm sure I read about it but I can't remember the source and I don't want to base my opinion on hearsay. Anyone have a legitimate news source that confirms it?

philab
12-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I read somewhere that Nike was offering him some absurd amount of money (Like $100mil)to move to either LA or NY. Since the Nets are behind on their move to Brooklyn they're out of the race, so that's two teams that LeBron could get that absurd bonus at.

Any other team trading for him has to worry that he'll bolt for that absurd Nike bonus. LA might be able to swing him for a package centered around Bynum. I say Bynum because Cleveland would rather get an extra 2 years out of LeBron and try to win a title in that window than try and rebuild around older guys like Pau and Odom, so it would have to be the 20-year-old star.

Am I misinformed about that Nike bonus? I'm sure I read about it but I can't remember the source and I don't want to base my opinion on hearsay. Anyone have a legitimate news source that confirms it?

That bonus rumor is bogus. There's absolutely nothing to back it up (I've scoured the internet), and it's against league rules.

Now, Nike and LeBron might have an "unspoken" agreement of the sort . . .

And I'm sure business-savvy LeBron knows that his next Nike contract would be larger if he were in NY or LA . . .

But as for an express bonus (i.e., a clause in his contract) -- BOGUS.

ARMIN12NBA
12-04-2008, 12:23 AM

Different situation JB. Kobe was already in LA, a huge market. Lebron is in Cleveland. He wants to go in a big market so he can be more marketable. He can care less about the talent.

marques724
12-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Different situation JB. Kobe was already in LA, a huge market. Lebron is in Cleveland. He wants to go in a big market so he can be marketable. He can care less about the talent.

Yes because Lebron is clearly being poorly marketed and hasn't gotten enough attention in Cleveland.

Lakers4ItAll
12-04-2008, 12:40 AM
I don't think so at all. I would bet any amount of $ that he is leaving for NYK bot nobosy will know till then so it's really pointless to keep talking about it

philab
12-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Different situation JB. Kobe was already in LA, a huge market. Lebron is in Cleveland. He wants to go in a big market so he can be marketable. He can care less about the talent.

C'mon now.

(This has NOTHING to do with me being a LeBron fan or a Cavaliers fan)

First, that's unsubstantiated. Second, it's just not true. His marketability has a lot to do with how well his teams perform. Without talent around him, his team will suck. If LeBron were done before May every year, that's potentially a month and a half he spends out of the spotlight. Plus, more people root for good teams, good teams get more coverage, etc. This is just common sense.

He may go to the Knicks simply because its a big market, but the fact that they suck is at the very least going to make his decision harder.

On a side note, why the hell do you have such a bias against LeBron? Just curious.

rosesbulls
12-04-2008, 01:14 AM
The bulls would give up D-Rose, Deng, two future picks.

theuuord
12-04-2008, 01:24 AM
There's no direct clause that LeBron would get a bonus if he played in a major market, but it's strongly implied, and anyone with a basic sense of advertising and marketing should understand why.

ARMIN12NBA
12-04-2008, 01:44 AM
C'mon now.

(This has NOTHING to do with me being a LeBron fan or a Cavaliers fan)

First, that's unsubstantiated. Second, it's just not true. His marketability has a lot to do with how well his teams perform. Without talent around him, his team will suck. If LeBron were done before May every year, that's potentially a month and a half he spends out of the spotlight. Plus, more people root for good teams, good teams get more coverage, etc. This is just common sense.

He may go to the Knicks simply because its a big market, but the fact that they suck is at the very least going to make his decision harder.

On a side note, why the hell do you have such a bias against LeBron? Just curious.

His marketability has nothing to do with how his team performs. In fact, the worse his teams perform and the better he plays, the more credit he seems to get (funny how that works eh).

On the side note, Lebron use to be one of my favorite players in the NBA. I don't have any bias against him. I just dislike him now because of his arrogance and selfishness. He was my favorite player, but because of a series of events, I dislike him. No bias. I'm sure people you like do things or say things that make you change your opinion about them. You don't have a bias against them, you only react to what happens.

Yes because Lebron is clearly being poorly marketed and hasn't gotten enough attention in Cleveland.

Nope. Lebron is getting a ridiculous amount of hype now. He is being marketed like crazy. Imagine if he was in New York. It would almost be overload. In China, during the Olympics, Nike was very upset with what happened. Kobe was the clear cut, more popular player than Lebron. Nobody in China gave a damn about Lebron. It was literally all about Kobe for them, which CP3, Wade, and even LBJ attested to. They said that they would be shoved out of the way because people wanted to see Kobe. Why? Kobe plays in LA. LBJ plays in Cleveland. Nike puts their heart and soul into Lebron and if he plays in NY then the hype would be crazy. Book it.

Lakers4ItAll
12-04-2008, 01:49 AM
As a Kobe/Laker fan that was awesome to see! I laughed alot too because it's so obvious that the NBA wants Lebron to be the face of the NBA and Kobe was still more popular!

Nope. Lebron is getting a ridiculous amount of hype now. He is being marketed like crazy. Imagine if he was in New York. It would almost be overload. In China, during the Olympics, Nike was very upset with what happened. Kobe was the clear cut, more popular player than Lebron. Nobody in China gave a damn about Lebron. It was literally all about Kobe for them, which CP3, Wade, and even LBJ attested to. They said that they would be shoved out of the way because people wanted to see Kobe.

LeBrowns
12-04-2008, 02:16 AM
'its not a distraction for the cavs, it's a distraction for the knicks, we good, they aint good"

-Wonder if this LeBron quote will be in USA today tomorrow...I doubt it.

ARMIN12NBA
12-04-2008, 02:20 AM
'its not a distraction for the cavs, it's a distraction for the knicks, we good, they aint good"

Probably not. They usually try to hide his arrogance...

What an arrogant comment..."We good, they aint good." Bad grammar as well.

SAVAGE CLAW
12-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Hey what can you ask from him he skipped College and i would bet a bollock he wouldnt have passed his HS tests if he hadnt been able to put a brick into a swimingpool.

LeBrowns
12-04-2008, 02:24 AM

cool?

Sox Appeal
12-04-2008, 02:28 AM

There's no way Lebron would make a comment like this.

Saying another team in the NBA 'ain't good', would make him come off as classless, and that's the last thing he would want to do.

Edit: I was wrong, he actually said it. Talk about classless.. :pity:

LeBrowns
12-04-2008, 03:19 AM
I'm tired of ESPN during highlights calling him "Knicks Forward LeBron James"
Regardless if he leaves or not, that isn't the issue, he plays for the Cavs for the next two seasons. What ESPN is doing is unprofessionally and an obvious bias to big markets because that's where they receive the most revenue.

jnb58
12-04-2008, 03:19 AM
I think the Blazers would be willing to give up Roy, Aldridge, and Fernandez if they knew they could keep LeBron (i.e., sign and trade).

Now, the likelihood of LeBron signing with Portland is a whole 'nother matter.

But if you're Portland and you had the chance to lock up LeBron for 5/6 years (forgetting for now how likely this actually is), wouldn't you give up Roy, Aldridge, and Fernandez? Remember to take into account the extraordinary number of teams positioning themselves for a run at LeBron in 2010. If you're the Blazers and you can get around all that hassle, that package isn't looking so bad.

Also, if LeBron were really up for grabs in a trade, the demand would be like nothing in sports history. Demand drives up price.

Again, this is assuming a sign and trade. Without a sign and trade, teams are just jockeying for 3-4 months of LeBron and the opportunity to offer the biggest contract.

You do realize I said; "You are crazy if you think Portland would trade two of their 3 future stars. The Blazers understand that James is a flight risk no matter who they put around him."

You and I are in agreement if there were a sign and trade. I would take that trade. I would give Roy for a year and half rental though (because there is no guarantee).

The Blazers know they can make the best package in the NBA. Are there any legit trades other teams could make that are better?

ARMIN12NBA
12-04-2008, 03:36 AM
There's no way Lebron would make a comment like this.

Saying another team in the NBA 'ain't good', would make him come off as classless, and that's the last thing he would want to do.

Edit: I was wrong, he actually said it. Talk about classless.. :pity:

Classic LBJ

LeBrowns
12-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Yeah it's only classless when it's not supporting him going to NY in 2010.

TMAC94
12-04-2008, 06:32 AM
trade lbj too houston for artest,alston and scola :)

Draco
12-04-2008, 09:32 AM

(If that quote is real) I don't think that's arrogance so much as it's just brutal honesty about how the hype (from fans and media) affect both teams. How it might affect some Knick fans seems kinda like kicking a puppy but since Lebron isn't promised to the Knicks and he has no obligation to fuel their fantasies.

And as a Bull's fan... I'm just chuckling in the background ;)

mlisica19
12-04-2008, 10:01 AM
haha i find this lebron signing really funny... that the knicks feel they are immediatly his hahahaha. And now that ESPN talks bout it is kinda sad. I mean hey, if u get him by all means good job. but u dont now,

why i think the knicks will not get JAMES:

1) New jersey, Cavs will have just as much money in 2010 to offer James then the Knicks will. Give or take a few so basically these three if not MORE are equal with the price. ( im sure lebron will not care if he looses a few hundred when he decided with a team)
2) only a few months ago they were saying that the bond and future James wants with Jay Z is so strong that not even a championship withthe Cavs will make him stay. Really a a championship year with ur former team, and still a possibility of leaving to jay z. HMMMM
3) James must be fed up with Clev in the past with all the guys he had to carry to the ship alone. No one really helped him, everyone knows this. SO why would James go to the Knicks? There even worse, plus James probably loves his current team right now ep with mo williams. WHo can the knicks provide, QR? ha no dont think so. Sorry knicks u may be loaded with money but u also dont have the team to back him up. Cavs, Nets and other teams will... but not u.
4) last nite the cavs demolished teh knicks... so James theory that he plays his best nights at MSG are wrong... And the fact that a KNICKS player and mpossible future team mate THREW HIM DOWN!... not going to help!
and 5) some1 showed me a article stating James was going to the knicks since it is his favorite city. Yet the article did not state he was going to NYC it said he will most likely go to New York team because of his love for the city but then mentioned his favorite burrow was Brooklyn!. ANd his least Manhatten... MMMMMMM

Lebron James is not going to NY get over it

mlisica19
12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
ANd lebron James did NOT SAY THAT!

this quote came from the Marbury incidients and they asked him if it is a distraction to the cavs.

Its not so James stated sumtin along the lines of "a distraction? for us? no a distraction for them yes. Not us, were cool HAHA" sumtin like that nothin on good and bad

philab
12-04-2008, 10:26 AM
His marketability has nothing to do with how his team performs. In fact, the worse his teams perform and the better he plays, the more credit he seems to get (funny how that works eh).

On the side note, Lebron use to be one of my favorite players in the NBA. I don't have any bias against him. I just dislike him now because of his arrogance and selfishness. He was my favorite player, but because of a series of events, I dislike him. No bias. I'm sure people you like do things or say things that make you change your opinion about them. You don't have a bias against them, you only react to what happens.

This is just crazy. When the Cavaliers play better, LeBron gets more hype. Look at how much ESPN talks about him these days. Of course, they're always going to talk about them because they're obsessed with him, but the fact still remains. ESPN isn't everything when it comes to marketability either. Fans are more likely to root for good teams, foreign fans are more likely to know/hear about good teams (playoffs), and even home fans care much more when the team is winning. Even if you think this isn't the case with LeBron in Cleveland, it would be in New York.

I don't really have in stake in this -- most of what ESPN does pisses me off too. To say LeBron's (or any player's) marketability is independent of his team's performance is ridiculous, though.

On the side note: A "dislike" is a bias. Not quite sure how you can draw a distinction there. I was simply curious, by the way -- it's fairly obvious you have a bias against LeBron and I was wondering the reason(s) why. His arrogance and selfishness are legitimate reasons too. No need to get all defensive. And I have plenty of biases just like anyone -- never said I didn't. Wade and Kidd to name a couple.

cmstophe
12-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Lebron never said the "Knicks ain't good". Not as far as I know, anyways. The quote was:

"A distraction? For us? No. It's a distraction for them! But not us- we're good!"

infamous
12-04-2008, 12:13 PM

It's not an arrogant comment, he said it jokingly, and he was not talking bad about the knicks either. Get you facts right before you say something, and not use hate as the basis. :pity: