PDA

View Full Version : Wow! The Raptors got absolutely smoked

I'm That Dude
12-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Is it safe to say that the Toronto Raptors are just not going be be serious contenders in the forseeable future? I think they need to make a trade for Marion as soon as possible. They went out and got Jermaine O'Neal who isn't even close to the same guy he was 5 years ago. They don't draft well at all. Chris Bosh just isn't the player that can carry a team on his shoulders for a win. Jose Calderon disappears whenever he plays against a decent defensive PG. They need help. They should make a trade soon because with this team they have now they're just going to be fighting for the 7th and 8th playoff seed for as far as I can see. They're pretenders because they're definitely not anything close to contenders.

jimbobjarree
12-03-2008, 08:52 AM
I hope we smoke them that bad on Friday in front of a national audience

lovingTO
12-03-2008, 08:57 AM
trade bosh/kapono for prince/hamilton

Ragun
12-03-2008, 09:07 AM
guys, just remember jermaine oneal is still hurt and calderon isnt 100%. chauncey billups raped us yesterday.

king4day
12-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Bait thread?

torontosports10
12-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Yes cause teams win everygame and never lose bad sometimes.

JO is still working his way back it was his 1st game after his swollen ankle. Jose still has a tight hammy. And ya Bosh cant lead a team, hes only imo 2nd or 3rd place for MVP right now.

And o ya Western road trips are always easy eh?

****ing noob

Mr.ATLHawks
12-03-2008, 09:55 AM
trade bosh/kapono for prince/hamilton

LOL...hell they might as well trade for bibby/pachulia....

bartlett2266
12-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Ya things arnt looking good but i dont remember anyone winning or losing a season in december

legendkillerv2
12-03-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm that dude, give me a break after one super bad game you want to trade every body, if you were a nba coach i would fire you right on the spot.

Ph1lly Diehard
12-03-2008, 04:14 PM
guys, just remember jermaine oneal is still hurt and calderon isnt 100%. chauncey billups raped us yesterday.

Jermaine Oneal has been hurt for 2-3 years now.

If your going to use that as an excuse it's poor, you guys knew what you were getting when signing him.

He's a High Risk/Good Reward type of player

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Jermaine Oneal has been hurt for 2-3 years now.

If your going to use that as an excuse it's poor, you guys knew what you were getting when signing him.

He's a High Risk/Good Reward type of player

As far as I know, he's been 100% coming into this season. But saying he's hurt can not be an excuse. The Raptors just had one of those games.

And to the thread maker.

**** happens. You can't judge a team by the way they play one game. It's like saying LA won't do well in the playoffs, cause they lost to a 7-10 team in Indiana. Doesn't make sense at all.:pity:

NYMetros
12-03-2008, 04:33 PM
**** happens. You can't judge a team by the way they play one game. It's like saying LA won't do well in the playoffs, cause they lost to a 7-10 team in Indiana. Doesn't make sense at all.:pity:

That's different. The Lakers have 2 losses. The Raptors have 9. Lakers have no reason to worry, they just took this 1 game for granted.

unwantedplayer
12-03-2008, 04:35 PM
One game doesn't mean anything. the Raps were dealing with injuries.

mjt20mik
12-03-2008, 04:35 PM
That's different. The Lakers have 2 losses. The Raptors have 9. Lakers have no reason to worry, they just took this 1 game for granted.

Well, I hope you understand my point. It's a very long season. You can't judge a team by how they play one game.

Kaze
12-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Bait thread?

yah i would say so, very classy :clap:

pebloemer
12-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Definately drawing a lot of conclusions from one game...

I wouldn't say the team is a contender or a pretender at this point. I think the team is still trying to discover what they are. Last night it was a team that got crushed; that is obviously clear.

There are question marks to be answered for sure and the inconsistency drives fans like me crazy. Less than 20 games into the season is not the time to panic; it's the time to figure **** out. It will be a tough schedule for the next 5 games too. It hasn't been a good schedule thus far either - but neither are or will be excuses.

SensandRaps
12-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Is it safe to say that the Toronto Raptors are just not going be be serious contenders in the forseeable future? I think they need to make a trade for Marion as soon as possible. They went out and got Jermaine O'Neal who isn't even close to the same guy he was 5 years ago. They don't draft well at all. Chris Bosh just isn't the player that can carry a team on his shoulders for a win. Jose Calderon disappears whenever he plays against a decent defensive PG. They need help. They should make a trade soon because with this team they have now they're just going to be fighting for the 7th and 8th playoff seed for as far as I can see. They're pretenders because they're definitely not anything close to contenders.

its safe to say that u dont watch basketball. could a mod close this because this is a bait thread and one of my fellow rap fans might react soon.

Nets fan 93
12-03-2008, 04:55 PM
The Jazz got smoked by the nets are they done?h no... It is on game out of 82... move on.