PDA

View Full Version : Cavs owner losing touch with reality

oldenpolynice
12-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Dan Gilbert went on CNBC and talked about how the LeBron Sweepstakes is a "media phenomenon" and how it will go away in time. Does he actually believe that? Has he completely lost it?

This is the biggest story in the NBA right now and one of the biggest in the world of sports. It's here to stay and even if it isn't, the media will make sure it finds it's way back into the public's consciousness.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/12/02/cavs-owner-losing-touch-with-reality/

Ansy
12-02-2008, 07:31 PM
What is he supposed to say? Of course he's going to spout something to keep his fans interested.

oldenpolynice
12-02-2008, 07:50 PM
What is he supposed to say? Of course he's going to spout something to keep his fans interested.

It's not in his best interest to keep the story going though. It's in his best interest to say, "We believe LeBron will be back in 2010" and leave it at that.

Spurred1
12-02-2008, 07:55 PM
^Nobody would believe it,though. Should he say it? Sure-but everyone will know he's full of it.

oldenpolynice
12-02-2008, 07:58 PM
^Nobody would believe it,though. Should he say it? Sure-but everyone will know he's full of it.

Ok, let's say Cavaliers owner says "I believe LeBron will stay with Cleveland". Who cares if nobody outside of Cleveland believes him? The Cavs fans will know that he has confidence and maybe they'll stop worrying so damn much that their best player is going to leave.

LeBrowns
12-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Probably not the best move..but I'm not complaining. Gilbert is the best owner we've had in Cleveland for a very long time.

DenButsu
12-03-2008, 02:06 AM
No, he's right. Everybody is going to stop talking about LeBron - especially ESPN.

Hellcrooner
12-03-2008, 02:19 AM
if i were him i woudl start exploring trade scenarios to piss off teams that are tanking for 2010.

im SURE if he goes public on wanting to trade him there would be a complete madness among gms and they woudl OVERPAY BIG time to get him.

as a result they would propbably end up being a very competitive contender.

infamous
12-03-2008, 03:18 AM
How did he lose touch with reality with that comment? Reading the thread title I thought he had gone nuts.

LakerzDQ
12-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Dan Gilbert went on CNBC and talked about how the LeBron Sweepstakes is a "media phenomenon" and how it will go away in time. Does he actually believe that? Has he completely lost it?

This is the biggest story in the NBA right now and one of the biggest in the world of sports. It's here to stay and even if it isn't, the media will make sure it finds it's way back into the public's consciousness.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/12/02/cavs-owner-losing-touch-with-reality/

that's sick.

DocUSN
12-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Here is the best thing that can happen for Lebron to stay in Clevlend.

They win it all next year. Do you really see the guy leaving and not defending the title?

That is the aboslute best way to keep Lebron.

BTownTeamsRKing
12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
if i were him i woudl start exploring trade scenarios to piss off teams that are tanking for 2010.

im SURE if he goes public on wanting to trade him there would be a complete madness among gms and they woudl OVERPAY BIG time to get him.

as a result they would propbably end up being a very competitive contender.

for once i agree with u. I would send Lebron to basketball no wheresvlille in Oklahoma. trade him for Durant and two 1st round picks. at least Durant will act like he wants to play for u.

Flash812
12-03-2008, 01:19 PM
for once i agree with u. I would send Lebron to basketball no wheresvlille in Oklahoma. trade him for Durant and two 1st round picks. at least Durant will act like he wants to play for u.

To Memphis for Gay and Mayo is more like it. OKC doesn't deserve him, it would be funny as hell if they did that but it is pointless becuase he would leave for NYC for sure after that.

cmstophe
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I think he's right.

If ESPN didnt hype this up every day nobody would be talking about it.

hotpotato1092
12-03-2008, 02:19 PM
This isn't the biggest story in the NBA, the lakers and celtics quest for 73 is, and their epic showdown in june will be one of the greatest finals ever.

cmstophe
12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
This isn't the biggest story in the NBA, the lakers and celtics quest for 73 is, and their epic showdown in june will be one of the greatest finals ever.

Like last year was supposed to be, right?

Some people...wow...rofl