PDA

View Full Version : what if AI was taller, would he be better?

COLH
12-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Allen Iverson is listed at 6feet(he's actually between 5 FT 10 - 5 FT 11). But what if he was the same height as the traditional shooting guards(eg Kobe and VC etc, at 6 FT 6). Would he be better, the same, or worse?

lakers4sho
12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
What if Shaq was a midget?

MiamiHeat
12-02-2008, 06:44 PM
What If Yao Ming was 6'1?

COLH
12-02-2008, 06:46 PM
What if Shaq was a midget?

haha that would been a better thread hahahah

Ansy
12-02-2008, 06:46 PM
What if Donald Trump was 9 feet tall and could breathe fire?

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-02-2008, 07:26 PM
As you can see by everyones response's, this is a silly question. What if Kobe was 6 inches taller as well? Would he be better than Wilt and Shaq? He is not so it does not matter.

NANDOKNICK
12-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Allen Iverson is one of the greatest players of all time
and if he was taller he would be one of the greatest
player of all time.

unwantedplayer
12-02-2008, 07:36 PM
What if Donald Trump was 9 feet tall and could breathe fire?

:cricket:

_Sn1P3r_
12-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I swear we had a thread on this a while ago..?

And i don't know, what if Boykins was 6'10"?

lakers4sho
12-02-2008, 07:51 PM
If I was 6'6" I would be owning the league...

Hawkeye15
12-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Shoot, if I would have been 6'7", and not lost any athletic ability at all, I could have had a shot at the NBA (maybe?). But I am 5'10". Oh well. I will stick to martial arts, and dominating the local peons in pickup, old man style

number1nykfan25
12-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I actually don't think he would be better. He is small and quick. sometimes height can slow you down.

NYMetros
12-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Probably the same. If he was taller, he'd just be a SG or SF, so it's not like he would have a major heigh advantage over his defender or anything, because he has a guy of equal height guarding him. :shrug:

COLH
12-02-2008, 07:57 PM
As you can see by everyones response's, this is a silly question. What if Kobe was 6 inches taller as well? Would he be better than Wilt and Shaq? He is not so it does not matter.

lol I dunno, hahaa I just got real bored at home 'cause its the school holidays here in NZ hhehe

COLH
12-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Probably the same. If he was taller, he'd just be a SG or SF, so it's not like he would have a major heigh advantage over his defender or anything, because he has a guy of equal height guarding him. :shrug:

but don't you reckon he'd be a better defender though?

Hawkeye15
12-02-2008, 08:01 PM
ok, I will indulge. If AI was 6" taller, he would be Wade, but much quicker. AI, in his prime, might have been the quickest player in history. So if those extra inches and pounds didn't slow him down (which is impossible btw), he would have been a top 5 player ever.

COLH
12-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Shoot, if I would have been 6'7", and not lost any athletic ability at all, I could have had a shot at the NBA (maybe?). But I am 5'10". Oh well. I will stick to martial arts, and dominating the local peons in pickup, old man style

whoa wat a cool guy! are you like a black belter, dude?

JJ81
12-02-2008, 08:05 PM
I dont think he'd be as difficult to guard or as fast.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2008, 08:05 PM
whoa wat a cool guy! are you like a black belter, dude?

not posting it to sound like a tough guy bro. Thanks for the smart *** remark. Oh well, I have seen lots of disdain towards me in these boards, most of it justified!

COLH
12-02-2008, 08:17 PM
not posting it to sound like a tough guy bro. Thanks for the smart *** remark. Oh well, I have seen lots of disdain towards me in these boards, most of it justified!

bro Im not trying to diss you or anything, soryy if you took it the wrong way, I was honestly complementing you believe it or not. I really was interested of knowing if you were like a black belter and stuff.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2008, 08:23 PM
bro Im not trying to diss you or anything, soryy if you took it the wrong way, I was honestly complementing you believe it or not. I really was interested of knowing if you were like a black belter and stuff.

I am a 6th degree black belt in chinese martial arts, rated by the chinese national commitee (basically, their commite they put together to standardize). I started when I was 8, I am 33 now. I have been to China 5 times to compete, and have competed nationally from 1994-2005. I now practice on my own and teach around 10 people private lessons. Anyways, love AI, and even though its a pointless thread, it is fun to think of that stuff.

ink
12-02-2008, 08:24 PM
ok, I will indulge. If AI was 6" taller, he would be Wade, but much quicker. AI, in his prime, might have been the quickest player in history. So if those extra inches and pounds didn't slow him down (which is impossible btw), he would have been a top 5 player ever.

But he'd still lack the ability to play within a system and work efficiently with his teammates.

Height is not his biggest problem.

Hawkeye15
12-02-2008, 08:26 PM
But he'd still lack the ability to play within a system and work efficiently with his teammates.

Height is not his biggest problem.

dude, c'mon. AI is already a top 50 player. My only point was, if you took nothing away from his game, ie, quicks, and made him 6'5", he would destroy. Now, is it possible for a 6'5" guy to be that fast?? No. Totally hypothetical thread.

ink
12-02-2008, 08:28 PM
dude, c'mon. AI is already a top 50 player.

And he did it solo. ;)

COLH
12-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I am a 6th degree black belt in chinese martial arts, rated by the chinese national commitee (basically, their commite they put together to standardize). I started when I was 8, I am 33 now. I have been to China 5 times to compete, and have competed nationally from 1994-2005. I now practice on my own and teach around 10 people private lessons. Anyways, love AI, and even though its a pointless thread, it is fun to think of that stuff.

Whoa, I knew it you were a hardout!. I've also got an uncle who teaches martial arts but I didnt wanna join cause I thought it was too hard lol

COLH
12-02-2008, 08:32 PM
dude, c'mon. AI is already a top 50 player. My only point was, if you took nothing away from his game, ie, quicks, and made him 6'5", he would destroy. Now, is it possible for a 6'5" guy to be that fast?? No. Totally hypothetical thread.

Yeah exactly! yay!:clap:

LakerzDQ
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM

is that you in your sig?

looks familiar. have you been starred in any action movies lately?

haha, nah that's pretty cool dude. I personally know a kid who lives in Shanghai and is ranked number 4 in martial arts there. I believe it was in an under 17 division though.

and back to topic, it's just like that Yao Ming thread. height changes everything. Give AI 6 more inches, he won't be as fast, but he'll still be very good. He'll improve defensively though, and would fit better in the SG position.

JordansBulls
12-03-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't know how to answer this. Because if Iverson was 6" taller than he probably wouldn't possess the quickness he has which is a main reason why he scores. On the flip side of that, he would probably be a better defender than he is.