PDA

View Full Version : Word is we might be close to trading felton

black1605
12-02-2008, 04:18 PM
For McCants, Jason Collins, and a pick.

:(

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10784

This doesn't make any sense, but leave it to our front office to make mind boggling moves like this..

I can not even begin to express my anger.

That is all.

:mad:

king4day
12-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I really hope this doesn't happen.
If it does, then that "pick", better be this seasons #1.

JakeDelbreezy
12-02-2008, 04:42 PM
If this is even remotely true then I'll help Bob Johnson pack up the team and let them move away. It's one thing to have guys who really try and things just don't work out...it's another thing to have idiots running the front office. I don't get it. McCants would be lost behind Crash, J-Rich and Ammo...and Jason Collins isn't better than Nazr Mohammed, Dwayne Jones or a healthy (Uhh if that's possible) Sean May...wow..I'm with black1605..This is the stuff that ticks you off....(*Q#&$(*&@#)#(*&R(

GiantYankKnicks
12-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Unless that pick is an unprotected first rounder this trade is stupid.I have no doubt that DJ can start effectively for the rest of the year and beyond because the guys a stud but u have got to get more value for Felton.If anything wait till LA is ready to trade 1 of there bigs and you move him there.

homestarunner93
12-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I don't get it. hoopsworld isn't always very accurate though, so I wouldn't assume its a done deal.

op12
12-03-2008, 12:24 AM
no way this happens. mcants can score, but felton is a better player. this would be horrible.

JakeDelbreezy
12-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I found a couple of places that are reporting the Bobcats have already said "No Thanks" to the T-Wolves proposed deal..

From Bill Ingram/Hoopsworld:
Yesterday we were talking about a rumor that was running on multiple internet sources suggesting that the Charlotte Bobcatswere working on a deal that would send Raymond Felton to the Minnesota Timberwolves for a package of Jason Collins, Rashad McCants and a pick has been officially shot down by the Bobcats. A source close to the team said there was never a discussion with the Timberwolves about Felton. In fact, I went back to read the two original stories where they were yesterday and both have been pulled. There is sanity in the universe, after all.

http://www.twolvesblog.com/

black1605
12-03-2008, 01:39 PM
thank god, im glad we were not the ones who proposed that awful deal

PurpleJesus
12-07-2008, 11:02 PM
yeah, the t-wolves need a PG, and theres probably no doubt we did offer you guys something like that. We have 4 first round picks in next years draft, so we can throw one into any deal. I dont think it went down because MJ wants to keep Carolina guys around, it sounds like McCants and Collins for Wallace is a legitimate rumor, and McCants is a Carolina guy.

dudeonthemoon
12-09-2008, 09:46 PM
WHY ????? What does McCants, Jason Collins provide for u guys ?? It makes you guys less competitive ??

Tblaze
12-11-2008, 09:48 AM
well now Richardson is gone McCants might be the scoring 2-guard you guys lack right now splitting time with Raja Bell..?