PDA

View Full Version : Por/Mem/Tor/NYK trade!!!

Ballin274
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=990~2782~739~3417~2754~454~201 5~3195~881~2987~2010~635&teams=29~28~22~18~29~18~28~22~28~22~29~22&te=&cash=

Dont know if a 12 player swap between 4 teams is too much, but this deal works and makes sense for all involved.
Portland loses a young pg and a valuable expiring contract, but in return gains another young pg, veteran leadership,
two valuable expiring contracts, and a former #1 overall pick. The Grizzlies lose a young pg, which they had too many
of in the fist place and a player they didnt use, gain a scoring center, a young forward with an expiring that they can
keep or let go and outside shooting help that they need. Toronto loses a sg, a player they invested alot in, and a f, gains a f,
a sg and player who has shooting ability, also cash. Knicks lose cash, c, expiring and a g. get expiring and a young pg. rosters
are left like:

Portland:
Blake/Conley/Rodriguez
Roy/Fernandez/Parker
Webster/Batum/Bargnani
Aldridge/Rose/Diogu/Randolph
Oden/Przybilla

Same core, added veteran leadership and depth, more pieces and expirings and didnt give up too much. Loses young pg in Bayless, and
big expring in LaFrentz, but adds young pg and former Greg Oden teamate Mike Conley. Adds former #1 pick and more young talent in Andrea
Bargnani, who could be developed and kept or used in a package for a superstar player. Also adds veteran depth and expiring contracts in
sg Anthony Parker and pf Malik Rose.

Memphis:
Lowry/Crittenton/Jaric
Mayo/Ross/Buckner
Gay/Kapono
Gasol/Frye/Warrick
Curry/Milicic/Haddadi

Lost Conley, but also lost Antoine Walkers' contract. Gained young bigs in Curry and Frye, Frye's contract expiring at end of season. Curry
a big inside scoring presence when healthy and trying. Also recieved outside shooting help in Kapono.

Toronto:
Calderon/Robinson/Solomon
Ukic/Adams
Outlaw/Moon/Graham
Bosh/Walker/Humphries
O'Neal/Jawai

Loses starting sg Parker, bust signing Kapono and former overall pick Bargnani. In exchange recieves wing help in Travis Outlaw, more firepower
off the bench at the guard position with Nate Robinson. Also Antoine Walker, big risk, but could pay off huge if it succeeds. Walker could be
motivated by a change in location and attitude, will play in same division as Boston, who won a title without him, and playing behind and switching
out with Bosh and O'Neal, should provide him with enough motivation to contribute to a team trying to win now, such as Toronto.

Knicks
Duhon/Bayless
Q Rich/Mobley/Roberson
Chandler/Thomas/Gallinari
Lee/Jeffries
Harrington/LaFrentz/James

Loses Robinson, an expiring in Rose, and wasted picks and money and time in Eddy Curry. However also loses Currys' contract which runs past 2010 and
conflicts with Knick plans, also gains big expiring in LaFrentz and frontcourt help. Gets pg Jerryd Bayless, a pg for the future, since the Knicks,
depending on their record this season, wont have a pick in one of the next 2 drafts, owed as part of Marbury trade. Another young player to keep on
roster in 2010 to surround possible free agent aquisition with.

I'd say it makes sense for all parties involved. Deal or no deal? Reasons?

mjt20mik
12-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Seems about right. I just don't think the Raptors are willing to get a huge contract in Walker, since everyone is talking about the 2010 free agency.

GregOden#1
12-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Pretty bad trade for Toronto. They dont need Outlaw and he woudn't fit in Toronto's system. Portland gives up what they need to give up, but dont get back what they could get with what they're giving up. Conley is sorta what they want, but KP has already rejected several trades from Memphis about him. Andrea is just Channing Frye, they want a banger down there not a finesse player. They also dont need Anthony Parker, they already have a better player whose 19 years old in Batum. Yeah this deal is no good.

_Sn1P3r_
12-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah right..

SensandRaps
12-02-2008, 09:17 PM
wait so the raps lose bargs,parker and kapono for walker, outlaw and robinson... let me think NO DEAL!

Ballin274
12-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Seems about right. I just don't think the Raptors are willing to get a huge contract in Walker, since everyone is talking about the 2010 free agency.

They arent going to get anyone big in free agency, no superstar is gonna wanna play in Canada. Walkers upside at least gives them a chance right now.

Pretty bad trade for Toronto. They dont need Outlaw and he woudn't fit in Toronto's system. Portland gives up what they need to give up, but dont get back what they could get with what they're giving up. Conley is sorta what they want, but KP has already rejected several trades from Memphis about him. Andrea is just Channing Frye, they want a banger down there not a finesse player. They also dont need Anthony Parker, they already have a better player whose 19 years old in Batum. Yeah this deal is no good.

The banger would be Rose... and him and Parker are expiring and just to add some veteran leadership to such a young squad. Bargnani> Frye

wait so the raps lose bargs,parker and kapono for walker, outlaw and robinson... let me think NO DEAL!

Fisrtly both Parker and Kapono suck ***. Kapono hasn't been good since he was with Miami, Parker is only starting because they dont have any better guards, he's not really that good Nate> Parker anyday imo. Outlaw helps their shooting, as does walker and gives them more kick out options when teams are trying to surround Bosh and O'Neal in the post.

lovingTO
12-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Walker is the most unathletic player in the league. He is garbage. And even when he was 'good', he was never very good. No team in the league wants him. Also, parker is a great 3 shooter and a good defender. I would never trade him for nate robinson. Kapono may be overpaid, but dumping him is not worth losing bargnani... for outlaw none the less. Toronto gets raped in this deal.

I can't believe I just wasted my time justifying why this is a bad trade. Terrible.

GregOden#1
12-03-2008, 01:21 PM
The banger would be Rose... and him and Parker are expiring and just to add some veteran leadership to such a young squad. Bargnani> Frye

Portland doesn't want Malik Rose, not now, not ever.

Bigbadmoffo
12-22-2008, 02:48 AM
You just made the raps worse. Didn't answer the wing problem you make it weaker. Roko is a 1 and adams is just aweful.